Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

There will be no rubber burgs when it comes home, just the sweet sweet taste of victory

Dose the sweet taste of victory also come frozen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sr5pRpDZMk

The first real Wednesday of summer.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

smarxist posted:

we got a monarchist here :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - democracy simply doesn't work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Suplex Liberace posted:

Dose the sweet taste of victory also come frozen?

It's the only we could keep it fresh for 55 years :negative:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
On the downside I'm ditching my rocky mountain vacation a day early because it's insanely hot out here and we can't do anything after noon or our dog will overheat, but on the plus side that means I'll be home for live Dynamite in a room with blackout blinds and the portable AC unit chugging along so it sort of even out?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Road To was good, but I didn't really like how Sammy was saying poo poo like "Max is the most protected guy" "Max gets the biggest push", etc at the start, man, don't use that lingo in a video package lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

graph posted:

ah, good for him :)

However he was in the tag with QT after DoN where he punched Cody and let QT get the pin.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This poster has never been to a halo burger

Do they make you eat the same burger like 15 times in a row even though it wasn't that good the first time?

Got 'em with that banger of a "The Library" slam!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's Wednesday and it finally matters that it's Wednesday :woop:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Going to the dentist for the first time since 2019 and then watching AEW Dynamite. Truly Wednesday is a land of contrasts for me this week.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

smarxist posted:

Road To was good, but I didn't really like how Sammy was saying poo poo like "Max is the most protected guy" "Max gets the biggest push", etc at the start, man, don't use that lingo in a video package lol
this is a thing that happens in real punchsports too though, limited but famous/entertaining fighters get protected and pushed to the top because they’re bigger potential draws than a more complete fighter who is kinda dull

E: although if it just feels jarring to your ear to hear those specific insidey terms from a wrestler in a promo then yeah I can understand that

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hey.

Wednesday.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Fancy Hat posted:

Going to the dentist for the first time since 2019 and then watching AEW Dynamite. Truly Wednesday is a land of contrasts for me this week.

congrats I did this last week, it was weird!!

Edit: oh I read this as "going to dinner" lol i am keeping my not going to the dentist streak going

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 30, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

this is a thing that happens in real punchsports too though, limited but famous/entertaining fighters get protected and pushed to the top because they’re bigger potential draws than a more complete fighter who is kinda dull

E: although if it just feels jarring to your ear to hear those specific insidey terms from a wrestler in a promo then yeah I can understand that

Yeah the terms do make sense in kayfabe in that MJF is protected by rarely having to have fights and the company pushes him in all their merch and promotion

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm just glad Tall Paul no longer calls people ring generals on Elevation.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A Fancy Hat posted:

:respek:

Dentists are good (in a vacuum).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It’s Wednesday and tomorrow’s a holiday. Time to get some booze, watch game 2, then light the fuse.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's Odin's day!

Loki is out and Kaguya-sama is back!

Also some wrestling show. The finale of Thats JPW :(

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 30, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nothing you can say—

Pinwiz11 posted:

Wednesday.

Oh

:getin:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm gonna be cheering for Sammy like crazy and then be inconsolably upset when MJF does evil devious poo poo to steal a win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Buh Buh is very mad AEW won't give him a look.

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1409996905514471427

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Rarity posted:

There will be no rubber burgs when it comes home, just the sweet sweet taste of victory

Oh, instant guacamole then

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's Wednesday and I know what that means. :)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Acting like it's Friday when it's finally loving Wednesday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

What a loving loser

Edit: it's a post show hype speech after the babyface lost. Sending the crowd home happy. Regardless of what was said, how it was said, "stay in your lane" might just be the lamest possible response to it. People pointed out earlier ITT that it kinda sorta poked the WWE locker room, and that's fair. But "stay in your lane" is an embarrassing response.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 30, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Look at this two year old graphic Jake Hager photoshopped to announce his next MMA fight and/or meet and greet:

https://twitter.com/realjakehager/status/1410251253599383553?s=21

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

What a loving loser

Edit: it's a post show hype speech after the babyface lost. Sending the crowd home happy. Regardless of what was said, how it was said, "stay in your lane" might just be the lamest possible response to it. People pointed out earlier ITT that it kinda sorta poked the WWE locker room, and that's fair. But "stay in your lane" is an embarrassing response.

It's mostly funny because Buh Buh used to do promos about how much other companies suck all the time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It's mostly funny because Buh Buh used to do promos about how much other companies suck all the time.

No, see, his logic is that he gets to do that because he worked there. Eddie didn't, so he isn't allowed to do that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bully, you don't sound like Taz or Eddie outside of all being east coast dudes.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
bagel boss over there thinking he can hang with taz and the mad king

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

Him being a hypocrite is nothing new. It really is the way he chose to go after this that bugs me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

enigmahfc posted:

Acting like it's Friday when it's finally loving Wednesday.

tomorrow is a day off in Canada therefore it is both Wednesday AND Friday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as a person who despises the UK , three lions is a loving banger and Tony needs to license it for Ogogo

Just listened to it. Holy poo poo that would be an amazing song in front of a crowd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's really surprising to me the legs Eddie's speech has. He was saying "the wrestling we do is better than the wrestling they do." That's what you're supposed to say! Like, Taz calling them sloppy over Covid, I could see getting mad about, but this?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's really surprising to me the legs Eddie's speech has. He was saying "the wrestling we do is better than the wrestling they do." That's what you're supposed to say! Like, Taz calling them sloppy over Covid, I could see getting mad about, but this?

WWE called AEW a "pissant company" at the Hall of Fame ceremony and specifically scheduled NXT to try and kill AEW before it get started.

Eddie saying that the AEW locker room is more passionate (which I think shows in the finished product) is absolutely nothing compared to that and it's hilarious how many people are getting fired up. Bubba Ray must be hoping for a WWE producer role or something, considering the entirety of the mid to late 1990s was companies taking shots at each other.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Never trust any podcaster. Their money depends on them having takes. And the spicier the more clicks.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

Vincepilled losers are especially upset that he said no one in WWE has heart and I’ve seen them saying he crossed a line by saying that. I can’t blame them for not realizing what a promo sounds like

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lmao forever @ Bully Ray trying to bigtime anyone whatsoever at this point.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE called AEW a "pissant company" at the Hall of Fame ceremony and specifically scheduled NXT to try and kill AEW before it get started.

Eddie saying that the AEW locker room is more passionate (which I think shows in the finished product) is absolutely nothing compared to that and it's hilarious how many people are getting fired up. Bubba Ray must be hoping for a WWE producer role or something, considering the entirety of the mid to late 1990s was companies taking shots at each other.

If anything, Eddie’s promo is bulletin board material for the WWE locker room to want to go out and prove him wrong.

There’s 100% no issue with cutting a promo on your competitor as the number 2 in an industry. Getting mad at Eddie would be like getting mad at Wendy’s or Burger King for putting out an ad saying their food is better than McDonald’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Vincepilled losers are especially upset that he said no one in WWE has heart and I’ve seen them saying he crossed a line by saying that. I can’t blame them for not realizing what a promo sounds like

Lol buncha loving whiners. Oh you're sad someone said you don't have passion? Then why don't you show it? Oh what's that you'd rather snipe on twitter?