Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

HD DAD posted:

This is very interesting. In summary, the poll found 26% of US residents to hold hard right authoritarian views, which is double Canada and Australia’s numbers. 75% of those authoritarians are over 45.
So yeah, mostly Boomers who had their brains poisoned first by Fox News and now by Newsmax/OANN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

hearing that it's mostly old fuckers certainly makes me feel a bit better about it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sounds about right - Trump's votes in 2020 equate to ~29 percent of the voting age population.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Those views didn't materialize out of the aether with age. They're the end result of 150 years of a mainline/sub-culture glorifying people who owned slaves and celebrating the antebellum plantation south as some aristocratic utopia, and the logical movements along the way in support of that culture.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just got a YouTube recommendation for a what appears to be a cartoon on Babylon Bee’s official channel, titled “This monster kills you if it hears you… say an opinion it doesn’t like.” The thumbnail is two people menaced by A Quiet Place monster with a pink wig, horn-rimmed glasses, and a tank top with a rainbow on it.

:suicide:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nate Robinson tackles the Cool Kid's Philosopher once again.

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1410256427365634049?s=20

It's always hilarious that Facebook's top ten pages for the day day are dominated by Shapiro and loving Bogino a guy who has no purchase outside of the far right fever swamps.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BiggerBoat posted:

From the No loving poo poo category

A Disturbing Number of Americans Have Right-Wing Authoritarian Views
A new poll shows a higher percentage of people in the U.S. qualify as "highly right-wing authoritarian" compared to other Western countries.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93ydjp/a-disturbing-number-of-americans-have-right-wing-authoritarian-views

Yeah, it's called the left. :smug:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

So yeah, mostly Boomers who had their brains poisoned first by Fox News and now by Newsmax/OANN

It also includes a huge chunk of Gen-X who grew up thinking Reagan was the bestest thing ever.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

This is very interesting. In summary, the poll found 26% of US residents to hold hard right authoritarian views, which is double Canada and Australia’s numbers. 75% of those authoritarians are over 45.

Well, we've known for a while that the olds are not alright. Racism is just a hell of a drug.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

It also includes a huge chunk of Gen-X who grew up thinking Reagan was the bestest thing ever.

Where I use to live in Texas there was a talk radio show that was about BLACK GEN-X and how conservatives were their path to power and then the show abruptly got cancelled.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So Rumsfeld is dead. That's good

Cosby is out of prison. That's bad.

But he's likely to be tried again. That's good

Just 2 Republicans voted for Capitol riot committee. That's bad

Donald Trump expected to be charged with tax crimes tomorrow. That's good

I'm honestly looking forward to the RWM takes on these 2 things this week. I think Rumsfeld eventually became persona non grata among the Trump crowd and got largely memory holed with W Bush but Cosby is a weird one. I don't know where they come down on him. I know his being released is a huge blow to #Me Too and that he was "one of the good ones" who told kids to pull up their pants, not to do drugs and poo poo plus a lot of boomers grew up on his comedy so there's all of that stuff conservatives like.

On the other hand, "Law and Order" and he's also still black last I checked.

I suppose the argument will come down to whether the judge(s) and/or lawyers are republicans or not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nate Robinson tackles the Cool Kid's Philosopher once again.

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1410256427365634049?s=20

It's always hilarious that Facebook's top ten pages for the day day are dominated by Shapiro and loving Bogino a guy who has no purchase outside of the far right fever swamps.

its because boomers especially conservative boomers LOVE that kinda poo poo. they want some vague intellectual vaneer to their bullshit and ben "provides" that. its more about sounding smart rather then saying facts/truth/etc.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Fox News was all in on Cosby having been falsely imprisoned when I heard them talking this morning about it, and that it was good he was being released. I think most right wing media will follow suit. Yeah, he's black, but as mentioned he was a non-threatening sitcom dad that boomers grew up with, he spoke out at length against the black community and in favor of tough on crime policies, and him getting released allows them to go "This proves that women are liars who just accuse men of sexual misconduct to get them put in jail unfairly!" I don't think anyone but the most hardcore white supremacists will be upset at Cosby's release, so probably just Tucker Carlson as far as the big names (and he's not even a guarantee).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fox News was all in on Cosby having been falsely imprisoned when I heard them talking this morning about it, and that it was good he was being released. I think most right wing media will follow suit. Yeah, he's black, but as mentioned he was a non-threatening sitcom dad that boomers grew up with, he spoke out at length against the black community and in favor of tough on crime policies, and him getting released allows them to go "This proves that women are liars who just accuse men of sexual misconduct to get them put in jail unfairly!" I don't think anyone but the most hardcore white supremacists will be upset at Cosby's release, so probably just Tucker Carlson as far as the big names (and he's not even a guarantee).

Cosby framed a lot of the Conservative family ideals, and sold them to Black Americans, so in the Right Wing's views he's on their side.

Plus he's a sex pest, so he's checking a lot of Right wing boxes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

Trump's company, and the company's CFO are expected to be charged

Trump himself is probably not getting charged yet

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

CommieGIR posted:

Cosby framed a lot of the Conservative family ideals, and sold them to Black Americans, so in the Right Wing's views he's on their side.

Plus he's a sex pest, so he's checking a lot of Right wing boxes.

A significant percentage of Fox News' management and on-air talent have a vested personal interest in normalizing sexual harassment and assault.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Trump's company, and the company's CFO are expected to be charged

Trump himself is probably not getting charged yet

That's bad

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

That's bad

But the charges come with a free frogurt!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

That's good.

Also, the prosecutor who hosed up the Cosby case wound up working for Trump so there's an angle FOX needs to explain. Or ignore

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/bill-cosby-bruce-castor-pennsylvania-supreme-court.html

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Dr Christmas posted:

I just got a YouTube recommendation for a what appears to be a cartoon on Babylon Bee’s official channel, titled “This monster kills you if it hears you… say an opinion it doesn’t like.” The thumbnail is two people menaced by A Quiet Place monster with a pink wig, horn-rimmed glasses, and a tank top with a rainbow on it.

:suicide:

wow a rare hit from the garbo wienerlords. look, see, the people who think weird non-cishets standing up for their rights visibly are terrifying sjw monsters. ha ha lmao lol?! god the fuckin height of comedy over here

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

I call it frogurt.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Staluigi posted:

hearing that it's mostly old fuckers certainly makes me feel a bit better about it

Don't. Their votes count for more than everyone else's.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Doctor Butts posted:

Yeah don't sleep on Gen-X. Especially the older half of that generation can be every bit as vile as your worst boomers.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Cosby was falsely imprisoned, but not because he didn't do the crimes he was accused of. No, he is absolutely a rapist.

His conviction was annulled because the original prosecutor hosed up and gave him a no-prosecution deal denying him is 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself. Which he then did, because he's a rapist.

No women lied about his assaults, he admitted to the behavior, it's just that legally that information shouldn't have been used to convict him.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Murgos posted:

Cosby was falsely imprisoned, but not because he didn't do the crimes he was accused of. No, he is absolutely a rapist.

His conviction was annulled because the original prosecutor hosed up and gave him a no-prosecution deal denying him is 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself. Which he then did, because he's a rapist.

No women lied about his assaults, he admitted to the behavior, it's just that legally that information shouldn't have been used to convict him.

Yes, but what's going to end up on the news is that his conviction was overturned, which obviously means all of his (like 60-ish, remember) accusers were lying for fame, money, or whatever it is they think people get out of talking about being assaulted by lovely, powerful dudes.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

So Rumsfeld is dead. That's good

Cosby is out of prison. That's bad.

But he's likely to be tried again. That's good

Just 2 Republicans voted for Capitol riot committee. That's bad

On a lighter note, my mental narrator for the news of the day is now Penny from Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9olpdNHYQ2A&t=840s

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah, it sucks that Cosby is out but the reasoning behind is sound near as I can tell. So I blame the lawyer that, naturally, went to work for Trump.

And man, I can't take listening to any of these radio shows for longer than maybe 45 seconds anymore. I used to randomly tune in just to maybe get thread content or occasionally laugh as I avoided a commercial but it's just anger and outrage all the way loving down. No wonder the people that pump this poo poo into their veins via their ears are so loving angry and belligerent all the time. I don't see any other possible outcome. I mean it's always been that way but it's dialed up noticeably.

Today's 45 second dose was the guy calling "the media" stupid because they made fun of Rumsfeld's "Known Unknown known known whatever the gently caress. I guess that was supposed to pass for intellectualism that was over the head of all us libtards.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Angry_Ed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqKEdQnblU

CellBlock posted:

Yes, but what's going to end up on the news is that his conviction was overturned, which obviously means all of his (like 60-ish, remember) accusers were lying for fame, money, or whatever it is they think people get out of talking about being assaulted by lovely, powerful dudes.

I feel like a lot of people will see "COSBY CONVICTION OVERTURNED" and just assume that it was obviously because he was framed and all those women were lying. I'm like 99% certain that right wing media will just ignore that the prosecutor hosed up and use the overturned conviction to attack #MeToo and accusations of sexual misconduct in general. Unless those accusations are leveled against Dems of course, I imagine there will be at least one talking head who will say "Why don't they go after real rapists like Bill Clinton?"

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, it sucks that Cosby is out but the reasoning behind is sound near as I can tell. So I blame the lawyer that, naturally, went to work for Trump.

And man, I can't take listening to any of these radio shows for longer than maybe 45 seconds anymore. I used to randomly tune in just to maybe get thread content or occasionally laugh as I avoided a commercial but it's just anger and outrage all the way loving down. No wonder the people that pump this poo poo into their veins via their ears are so loving angry and belligerent all the time. I don't see any other possible outcome. I mean it's always been that way but it's dialed up noticeably.

Today's 45 second dose was the guy calling "the media" stupid because they made fun of Rumsfeld's "Known Unknown known known whatever the gently caress. I guess that was supposed to pass for intellectualism that was over the head of all us libtards.

Call into the shows lol

do it :twisted:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
What is a good minor conservative celebrity to make the official account for on GETTR before that person actually makes one?

Dinesh and Bill Kristol were taken, Joe the Plumber isn't but I'm trying to aim higher, and i'm completely blanking

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

GD_American posted:

What is a good minor conservative celebrity to make the official account for on GETTR before that person actually makes one?

Dinesh and Bill Kristol were taken, Joe the Plumber isn't but I'm trying to aim higher, and i'm completely blanking

How about mypillowguy, mikelindell, mikelindeII <--two capital ii

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Rainbow Knight posted:

Call into the shows lol

do it :twisted:

I've done it before

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

OgNar posted:

How about mypillowguy, mikelindell, mikelindeII <--two capital ii

Good enough. Let's see what happens.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

GD_American posted:

Kevin Sorbo or another actor maybe?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

James Wood, Scott Baio, Adam Corolla, Ted Nugent?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Tim Allen, Roseanne Barr, Kid Rock, Kirstie Alley.

We should good rush thie thing like we did with Reaganbook or whatever is was

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Angry_Ed posted:

That's also bad. Frogurt is garbage.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

GD_American posted:

John Barron?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ben Shapino

Justpostalotofthingslikethis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Chris Pratt