Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Alhazred posted:

I thought that was fairly obivious?
I thought so to but I didn't see anybody talking about it after episode 2 (after 3 is a different story).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Aphrodite posted:

I noticed on my cable guide last night the description for Harley Quinn (the cartoon) on Showtime Canada is “a newly single woman deals with life in the big city”.

That’s pretty great, who writes those? The channel? The show?

It's not wrong !

I still like that we were expecting an animated show with cartoon violence and gore that says gently caress a lot, and we actually got an animated series about relationships and overcoming your inner demons that has cartoon violence and gore that says gently caress a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I noticed on my cable guide last night the description for Harley Quinn (the cartoon) on Showtime Canada is “a newly single woman deals with life in the big city”.

That’s pretty great, who writes those? The channel? The show?

Since TV shows write their own episode descriptions I would assume they also write their own show descriptions. Although I've only ever seen one other instance of someone having fun with the show description and that was for The Eric Andre Show. Where it was described as a talk show that Eric Andre was being forced to host against his will.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a commercial saying that TNT is going to be airing Titans. The circle is complete.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Just saw a commercial saying that TNT is going to be airing Titans. The circle is complete.

The for TV versions of that show are gonna be pretty funny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TNT is cable so they might let them get away with uncensored dialog. I assume the light nudity will get cut.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Seems to be a thing for shows on streaming services to end up on networks around the third season huh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon posted:

The for TV versions of that show are gonna be pretty funny.

Did anyone watch the Bravo version of The Sopranos?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

Did anyone watch the Bravo version of The Sopranos?

Yeah it was bad, they censored the entire ending

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Forget Batman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Funk Batman

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Gently caress Batman.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Buck Fatman

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fork Batman

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is what happens when you find a Batman in the Alps Nanda Parbat

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 29, 2021

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm the mister falcon Batman

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I’m tired of these monkey fighting Batmen on this Monday to Friday Batplane!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Well, that was a wacky episode of Loki.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Mid-credit scene in Loki.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Loki: The Timekeepers were clearly a Bill & Ted homage right? Not sure how I didn't see that coming.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Loki continues to be amazing. Giving me everything I wanted from a Loki show AND lots I never knew I wanted too. It's going to be interesting to see what non-comics readers think of episode four's ending. I bet we'll see a bunch of articles like "Here's what you need to know about the trio

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 30, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Clearly a quartet soon to be a quintet.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I mean it's a Loki show so I shouldn't be surprised but...what in the actual gently caress, etc etc
:stare:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Did anybody else have a lot of trouble hearing the dialogue in that scene near the end? Ended up having to put subtitles on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm partially deaf and always watch with headphones and subtitles so I can't help you there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The third Time Keeper's line was so distorted I definitely had to turn on subtitles to understand it, yeah

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Richard E. Grant really looks like the 616 Loki

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it hadn't really occurred to me until today that Mobius' boss' name is Ravonna, but given the reveal i'm wondering if this will end up being even more connected to ant-man 3 than i suspected. maybe it's just a tease like the loki variant taking the name sylvie is though.

that fuckin mid credits scene though, i burst out laughing seeing old man loki in the cheapest loving 616 get up you could find at walmart

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

that fuckin mid credits scene though, i burst out laughing seeing old man loki in the cheapest loving 616 get up you could find at walmart

A good companion to the Halloween costumes in Wandavision.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel like I have to be going insane. Everyone says this episode was amazing, and I've been mostly neutral-to-happy with Loki so far, but I thought this episode was hopelessly bad. It was just one interminably boring dialogue after the other leading up to the worst "battle" "sequence" since Runaways.

I think the element that breaks my, like, ability to process this narrative the most is that the TVA are depicted as distractingly underpowered, and yet we're supposed to believe they are able to do their jobs...not only with any degree of success at all, but to the point that these two Lokis giving them such runarounds is a rare occurrence. We're supposed to believe these baseline humans with poke sticks are gonna take down any threat to their Sacred Timeline? The hell do these people do against a variant Yondu?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

site posted:

Someone on Twitter posted a picture of the old man from the Three Doors Down "Kryptonite" video and it killed me dead.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Post it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Loki speculation

Spoiler in case i'm on to something
maybe every variant that get pruned gets shunted to a place where all the variants of yourself end up. Like "Planet Loki" or something.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

All of the Pruned Variants go to Battleworld to fight for Doctor Doom’s amusement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh and we saw what a little hand holding did so clearly to blow up the TVA and the sacred timeline they gonna BANG

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BrianWilly posted:

I feel like I have to be going insane. Everyone says this episode was amazing, and I've been mostly neutral-to-happy with Loki so far, but I thought this episode was hopelessly bad. It was just one interminably boring dialogue after the other leading up to the worst "battle" "sequence" since Runaways.

I think the element that breaks my, like, ability to process this narrative the most is that the TVA are depicted as distractingly underpowered, and yet we're supposed to believe they are able to do their jobs...not only with any degree of success at all, but to the point that these two Lokis giving them such runarounds is a rare occurrence. We're supposed to believe these baseline humans with poke sticks are gonna take down any threat to their Sacred Timeline? The hell do these people do against a variant Yondu?

my no-prize solution for this is they have Cable on a retainer and call him in for anything more serious\

A scary rear end MCU cable too, not just the guy from Deadpool 2, who was cool but not particularly intimidating

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

site posted:

Post it

Can't find the tweet anymore (it was easier when I saw it at 4am) but just look up the video. The joke is easy to get.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bessantj posted:

Richard E. Grant really looks like the 616 Loki

That's such good casting

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rhyno posted:

Oh and we saw what a little hand holding did so clearly to blow up the TVA and the sacred timeline they gonna BANG

Loki is literally gonna go gently caress himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Richard E Grant as Loki is such good casting.

Edit: Also I'm wondering if getting pruned sends you to Limbo.