Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

G-III posted:

I like that the Time Keepers were animatronic puppets in the same vein as those found in a Disney ride.

It was very wizard of oz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
ngl from like the first scene of this episode (and arguably from like episode 2) I was expecting King Loki to be puppeting the time masters, tho maybe not so literally before today

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

My current theory as to why Lady Loki was pruned is All Lokis are to dangerous for the plan of whoever is in charge. The reason the "real" Loki is allowed to live, is that the TVA knows he dies to Thanos. Maybe even caused events to make sure he did. I would assume Kang is the one really pulling the strings here.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Senerio posted:

ngl from like the first scene of this episode (and arguably from like episode 2) I was expecting King Loki to be puppeting the time masters, tho maybe not so literally before today

Can only be Mephisto at this point.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Cage Kicker posted:

An army of Owen Wilsons from a jetski-based society arrives thru vaporwave colored time portals

https://youtu.be/ZADIyAmQTWg

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

For just a moment I thought that, at least for a while, Sophia Di Martino was going to become the main cannon Loki when they pruned Tom.

I kind of hope however the series progresses they just keep swapping Hiddleston and Di Martino around in the Marvel movies.

Even better if the next time Thor sees Loki it's as Sophia Di Martino and he just doesn't miss a beat and knows they're Loki anyway.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

SpaceCommie posted:

For just a moment I thought that, at least for a while, Sophia Di Martino was going to become the main cannon Loki when they pruned Tom.

Yeah same. I mean, Loki's definitely my favorite Marvel screen thing since Guardians of the Galaxy - loving it so far - but I definitely had that moment of feeling like Marvel were genuinely doing something daring and brave there. I don't know why, because I had that same feeling at the end of Infinity War, at various points during Wandavision, and countless other times across their recent films, even though they invariably play it as safe as they can with these big franchise characters.

But yeah, this series is cool and a step up from the other two so far. I loved the first few episodes of Wandavision, which started off feeling genuinely mad and experimental in its storytelling and presentation, but it very quickly turned into standard Marvel meta-quipathons overexplaining all the (already obvious) subtext, before ending up in maybe the biggest superhero cliche imaginable, two dudes locked in an energy beam stalemate. A huge letdown. I never really got behind all the military black ops side of marvel so bounced off Winter soldier fairly quick.
Loki feels lots more like it genuinely has its own aesthetic, the cast is perfect, and it doesn't feel like characters are constantly turning to the viewer to say 'are we really doing this?'.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Latest episode was amazing. Only downside to it really is the fight choreography is absolutely terrible.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think I'm mostly happy that Jaimie Alexander is back at all

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Agents of SHIELD canon again?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I was surprised to learn that being pruned doesn't outright kill you. With that in mind, I could see everyone/everything the TVA has ever pruned, at least what's left of them, getting set free or un-pruned or whatever to pave the way for the Multiverse of Madness.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

I like the way they're using (relatively) minor characters to flesh out the world in the serieses.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1409913965262512136

make Lil Nas X Mephisto, Kevin Feige

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

make Lil Nas X Mephisto, Kevin Feige

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Looks like the TVA caught up.

Police find and arrest spectator who caused mass Tour de France crash

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hoping Crocodile Loki is just Stabbing Loki "And he knows how much I love Crocodiles"

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

"We've gone on holiday by mistake"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Nitrousoxide posted:

Goddamn that after credit scene.
Post credit scenes on streaming tv shows are dumb. I'm just gonna fast forward so what's the point? Just show us the thing normally

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

"We've gone on holiday by mistake"

Paul McGann would be perfect for this show, actually.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I know I'm probably alone on this but All I can think about with the foursome of Lokis is the Arrested Development screencap of the Alliance of Magicians

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It is unbelievable how good it is to see Richard E. Grant in that old Loki costume

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I was going to say, hell of a twist… And then after the credits, even a dumber twist.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

That was unexpected and I loved it !! :kingsley::kingsley:

I knew I was gonna be wrong in almost everyhthing but the whole Wizard of Oz thingy was kinda correct yay!. Although my idea is that the Time Keppers died long ago. But maybe Im wrong again! :v:
Also that the TVA technically doesnt care what you look like until you do something that diverts from their sacred script. Or well you do enough things to create a nexus.

By the way kudos to all the internet people who predicted Loki falling for themselves I was laughing my rear end off, they did it and gave no shits hahaha

Im loving this show!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Walrus Pete posted:

I was surprised to learn that being pruned doesn't outright kill you.

I dunno, I am thinking it may just be in that one case because of who was waiting.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

D-Pad posted:

I dunno, I am thinking it may just be in that one case because of who was waiting.

There's something Sakaar-like about it. Like the TVA can't actually wipe people off the timeline so they just dump them off in one, or at least the ones that aren't TVA material.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why do the bad guys have knives on their instant destruction sticks. Why do they never attack with the instant destruction side. Why do they use their spears like tiny clubs. Why is the pointy, glowy end of their spear always away from their opponent? What is this crap

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Why do the bad guys have knives on their instant destruction sticks. Why do they never attack with the instant destruction side. Why do they use their spears like tiny clubs. Why is the pointy, glowy end of their spear always away from their opponent? What is this crap

They were points. Because the sticks are pencils. The pruning end is an eraser.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

tragedyjones posted:

They were points. Because the sticks are pencils. The pruning end is an eraser.

FFS, how am I only now getting this?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cop lady loved Taffy?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Are we just to assume that the TVA was successful in pruning all the branches Sylvie made bombing the Sacred Timeline?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Klungar posted:

Are we just to assume that the TVA was successful in pruning all the branches Sylvie made bombing the Sacred Timeline?

Given that was from the previous episode it's hardly worth spoiling. And I'd assume so, it's their one job and they've shown themselves to be reasonably decent at it

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm not totally clear on what the time grenade bombs she sent around actually did? But yeah it just seemed to serve as a temporary distraction to clear out the TVA.

I fully cannot tell if I like this show or not. It's the most well made of the MCU shows thus far. Llike singular directorial vision, best acting, music, visuals, unpredictable. (Especially after Wandavision and FalconSoldier were so painfully safe) But I just have no idea if there's a point to any of it. Is it going to payoff all these setups and mysteries? Is Loki going to come out of this with a clearer identity?

I guess it feels like ALL setup with enjoyable aesthetics than it does a good journey.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I think you're supposed to assume they could deal with it but it was a real "all hands on deck" situation that would have potentially distracted them enough to let her get in and do whatever she was planning. Obviously it all got boned because Loki did what he does best.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Azhais posted:

Given that was from the previous episode it's hardly worth spoiling. And I'd assume so, it's their one job and they've shown themselves to be reasonably decent at it

I spoiled it for the fact that it is ignored/glossed over in the most recent episode, not the act itself.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VagueRant posted:

I'm not totally clear on what the time grenade bombs she sent around actually did? But yeah it just seemed to serve as a temporary distraction to clear out the TVA.

I fully cannot tell if I like this show or not. It's the most well made of the MCU shows thus far. Llike singular directorial vision, best acting, music, visuals, unpredictable. (Especially after Wandavision and FalconSoldier were so painfully safe) But I just have no idea if there's a point to any of it. Is it going to payoff all these setups and mysteries? Is Loki going to come out of this with a clearer identity?

I guess it feels like ALL setup with enjoyable aesthetics than it does a good journey.

It doesn't really seem like this is any real stakes to this, no. The actors are charming and it looks and sounds good but that's about it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Of all the things I was thinking about with this episode, it amazes me how much Thor 3 and Guardians influenced the future of Marvel. I love the show's aesthetic if nothing else.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Prediction: The person in charge (Kang, maybe?) is only keeping the one timeline so that things go exactly as they should... leading to their inevitable rule. Kang has already conquered.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Did I miss something? How did the TVA find lokis on lamentis? It was set up as the conflict for the entire previous episode, including a big impossible cliffhanger and then... now it's possible to find them for some reason?

I could be ok with "hey it's just nonsense and they're not putting any effort into the plot, it's just an excuse for romps, quips, and alligator lokis", hey, I love Who and Rick and Morty as much as the next person. But

Then they kept bringing up "what was that mysterious nexus spike, what was happening?" as if there was actually some answer. It's fine to do calvinball, but you can't do that AND try to play it serious at the same time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
e: ^^^ I think the concept of Loki falling in love was such an out of left field occurrence it showed up as a major anomaly

I really don't see how they involve Kang in the Loki TV show when he's the next big bad of the Avengers. If he runs the TVA he's already conquered all of time and space which means either: a) Loki moonwalks in and fucks that up making the next big bad look like a bit of a putz or b) Loki jumps into the prime timeline and is all "Fat Thor! Some guy named Kang has conquered everything! We gotta stop him!" which goes against the "The TV shows are not required for future MCU understanding" bit. At best I think there'd be some end of credits episode 6 scene with a brief shot of Kang sort of how Thanos was first shown.

Loki ending with him blowing up the TVA thus unleashing the multiverse seems more reasonable. They've already introduced the idea of the multiverse so this wouldn't be adding anything new, just a behind the scenes look at how multiverses are formed (when a boy Loki and a girl Loki like each other very much)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
How sure are we that Black Thor Loki is actually a Loki? What if he's actually just Black Thor?