Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's so hot though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

fizzymercury posted:

MY SWEET BABY JESUS THE SMELL.

I was there in the middle of summer and the entire city smelled like a Red Lobster dumpster. Still worth it for Coop's jambalaya.

Edit:
I just realized it was so good that I still remember the name of the place having visited it only once well over 10 years ago. Goddamn is the food good down there.

Robobot has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Jun 30, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I also miss the modern sections with Desmond. They could have been fleshed out more but the weird modern day Templar/assassin lore like you got in AC2 (especially in the subject 16 bits) were great.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

Weird way to spell Houston.

:wrong:

Houston is basically a country-fried Mega City One and here's a reason why

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

Houston has better food than NYC

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pastry of the Year posted:

quote:

The Chronicle reports that another main issue with Houston’s traffic attitude is that people generally don’t fear law enforcement when driving dangerously. The paper found that Houston-area law enforcement sends out fewer officers for road enforcement and gives significantly out fewer tickets

hell yeah Houston rocks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Houston is a trash city for trash people

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I also miss the modern sections with Desmond. They could have been fleshed out more but the weird modern day Templar/assassin lore like you got in AC2 (especially in the subject 16 bits) were great.

Now that I think about it I didn’t mind the Desmond ones either.

The current ones however are awful. It also doesn’t help that the amount of time between sequences is so long that when they pop up you’ve forgotten that they even happen so there’s a minute of confusion like wtf is happening right now?!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why does Houston always come up in this conversation anyway? I've been to cities in Florida with more appeal. And I like living in Houston, it's just not great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
AC:Unity has a lot of flaws but ditching the modern plotline harder than any of the other games isn't one of them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

nurmie posted:

i heard there's a certain house there. it's quite famous apparently. something about astronomical phenomena and the like

You might want to be careful, I hear it's been the ruin of many a poor boy or girl

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

nurmie posted:

i heard there's a certain house there. it's quite famous apparently. something about astronomical phenomena and the like

Brad Pitt lives there.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm ready to definitively declare that all hate of mayo or ranch dressing is performative

Yeah there's bad mayo and bad ranch dressing just like there are bad naps or bad puppies but the concepts in general are universally enjoyed actually

Sorry that's just the way it is

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mayo's okay in small amounts but I can't watch it spread without feeling nausea. I have no idea why.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I knew a girl at university who wouldn't touch mayo or even put it on her boyfriends sandwiches out of disgust but would happily eat a burger and chips at 8am for breakfast

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'd pour freshly made mayonnaise on just about anything edible. However your bog standard mayo in a jar tastes terrible. It's good when you make it yourself or when you finally find a brand that doesn't taste like stale fat.

The same can be said for any bottled fatty things. Bottled dressings in general taste old or like the preservatives that made them shelf stable.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kraft or Hellmans is pretty gross, I'd only ever use 'em as a base for an actual sauce. I've heard good things about Dukes but I've never had. My regionality dictates that I must stan Miracle Whip. Homemade is the real way to go though.

Ranch is just gross though, it destroys any other flavor paired with it. Cool Ranch Doritos are GOAT though

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ranch is fine when you're dipping a carrot stick or broccoli floret or cherry tomato into it. But it somehow becomes gross as hell when it's put onto a salad made of those very same vegetables.

:iiam:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Powered Descent posted:

Ranch is fine when you're dipping a carrot stick or broccoli floret or cherry tomato into it. But it somehow becomes gross as hell when it's put onto a salad made of those very same vegetables.

:iiam:

I think it’s the more even application when you’re dipping. In a salad you can get highs and lows of ranch concentration.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ranch is good seasoning but ranch dressing is gross outside of a Buffalo wing scenario.

Mayo is good though. Miracle whip literally makes me sick when I taste it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ranch is terrible for wings cause Bleu Cheese is right there

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Manager Hoyden posted:

I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm ready to definitively declare that all hate of mayo or ranch dressing is performative

Yeah, this. These same people also often claim that they instantly become ill whenever they eat any quantity of junk food/processed food or fast food

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I don’t put ranch or blue cheese on my wings and don’t see the appeal of either. They’re already sauced! A dipping sauce is just going to cover up the flavor I ordered.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The blue cheese makes the wing sauce taste better.

The best wing sauce is the jerk sauce if they have it. Like it's not even close.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Jul 1, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I've ever seen Jerk not be a dry rub

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Don't know about other places but in Florida grocery stores there's usually a little section in the condiments aisle with bottled Caribbean and Jamaican sauces.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Hot Fuzz is not a good movie.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gaius Marius posted:

Ranch is terrible for wings cause Bleu Cheese is right there

I stan ranch but you're right.

However, phuo: just call it loving blue cheese. That's how everyone says it, that's what bleu means, no american on earth can say "bleu" correctly, and it sounds douchey to say it correctly in an otherwise english conversation anyway. Blue cheese dressing, top tier sauce for hot rear end wings.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was phone posting and have french keyboard installed :shrug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think dressing is fine on wings that are meant to taste good, but when you want your wings to hurt you stuff like that just gets in the way.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

A ranch tip for right and good opinion havers: The bottled ranch is not the best. Make it from the packets instead. One packet, one cup buttermilk, one cup Duke's. Adjust it one way or the other depending on how runny you want it

That's what most restaurants do that aren't using Sysco ranch (which is also good if you can get your hands on it)

Also if you go down the rabbit hole of making your own from scratch remember to add the msg which a lot of recipes leave out for reasons

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Woodenlung posted:

Agreed.

It’s a great movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Woodenlung posted:

it is good but it's the weakest of the three

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Manager Hoyden posted:

:hmmyes:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I knew a girl at university who wouldn't touch mayo or even put it on her boyfriends sandwiches out of disgust but would happily eat a burger and chips at 8am for breakfast

I don't like being kicked in the balls, but I do like having my penis stroked to orgasm.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Manager Hoyden posted:

Yeah there's bad mayo and bad ranch dressing just like there are bad naps or bad puppies but the concepts in general are universally enjoyed actually

Sorry that's just the way it is

I don’t like either of mayo or ranch. I don’t know why, they just don’t taste good to me

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Same but I love deviled eggs. So maybe my hate is psychological.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

A ranch tip for right and good opinion havers: The bottled ranch is not the best. Make it from the packets instead. One packet, one cup buttermilk, one cup Duke's. Adjust it one way or the other depending on how runny you want it

That's what most restaurants do that aren't using Sysco ranch (which is also good if you can get your hands on it)

Also if you go down the rabbit hole of making your own from scratch remember to add the msg which a lot of recipes leave out for reasons

I made a lot Jimmy John's jalapeño ranch back in the day and it was the greatest skill any restaurant job ever taught me. That poo poo is good. Also it's the only thing at JJ's made in house.

Gaius Marius posted:

I was phone posting and have french keyboard installed :shrug:

French keyboard is objectively the better one, I'll grant you. &&é"'(-è_çàààààààààà) motherfuckers. AZERTY for life.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

When you think about it Jolene is a pretty goony song

Chad please don't steal my boo is a weird thing to say in public no matter how you slice it

(still love the song and Dolly of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The virgin Jolene

The chad Fist City