Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
lol how do I get one of those

https://twitter.com/Comrade_Waluigi/status/1410288941006217216?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao that owns

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm going to try a thing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Commissioner Gordon calling the Commie-Man (link)

https://i.imgur.com/M4so1JY.mp4

we need to make the 9/11 memorial project a huge dollar sign imo

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

it's very telling that jasic is the one strike you hear about over and over again, years down the line, despite the fact that plenty more happen constantly

Can you expand upon this? I think the issue here is that while strikes are presumably quite common, the Jasic strike is one that got widespread press in the West.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Not So Fast posted:

one that got widespread press in the West.

this should always have your spidey sense tingling

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Grapplejack posted:

The nationalists are largely Xi and his clique, who have focused more on military and cultural domination within China writ-large and the general region. Belt and road is an extension of this as a way to push soft power out across the region. I guess this is debatable if you consider this inherent to communist ideas, but. The increased focus on Taiwan is also a big part of this.

okay so is wang yang a "nationalist?" if he's not, what is he? what is the alternative faction to the nationalists that is losing power?

Not So Fast posted:

Can you expand upon this? I think the issue here is that while strikes are presumably quite common, the Jasic strike is one that got widespread press in the West.

you can look even at shady western websites like chinese labor bulletin and find statistics about strikes and labor actions and so on, most of which involve more than 10% of an 800-person factory. westerners completely ignore the actual chinese labor movement and instead focus the camera on these ineffectual and badly-thought-out student maoist self-owns because they fetishize failure and have decided on their preferred conclusions before looking at the data

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Not So Fast posted:

yea, it's almost like western media pick and choose what to report in order to cast china in an unfavorable light

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

weird that the ACFTU just for some reason turned away from supporting this specific movement. they probably just love the management too much. -- guy whos got it all figured out

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

If the nationalists continue to gain power you're very likely to see more crackdowns on poo poo like this if it's out of state interest. You remember the student maoists helping the Jasic workers after the state turned down their union request, and then they all got arrested? "Buh buh western CIA" sorry hoss, the boss has party connections and you don't. State interests trump worker interests.

That particular incident iirc was also spurred by the province leadership doing privatization and spending less on social programs, which was done by Wang Yang, who is now the CPPCC chairman. :eng101:

Sounds like someone who needs to farm for a bit.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

this is in a different universe than kpop. music production, melody, visuals, choreography, actual dancing ability - it’s like comparing AAU ball to the NBA. the kpop version of Brian Scalabrini would absolutely cook these girls
uh oh. the idol girls are back, this time singing about the communist party on the special day beginning right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSHt-ZUm20

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i almost get mormon tabernacle choir vibes from that.

i think the celebrations are starting in a few hours, early evening U.S. time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is there some history I’m missing as to why everyone’s wearing what looks like classic Scottish tartan

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Deified Data posted:

I'm going to try a thing

Keep us updated. I hope you get tagged lmao

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

uh oh. the idol girls are back, this time singing about the communist party on the special day beginning right now

This whips

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

indigi posted:

this is in a different universe than kpop. music production, melody, visuals, choreography, actual dancing ability - it’s like comparing AAU ball to the NBA. the kpop version of Brian Scalabrini would absolutely cook these girls

C-pop will grow stronger

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

inshallah it grows stronger

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder if you can lose your security clearance if your Twitter gets flagged as Chinese state affiliated

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

also a couple years ago, i think i saw a video from a western outlet about this performance studio in shanghai that was producing this stuff, they want to have their version of the same that you see in korea and japan, and they have little shows and there were a bunch of young nerds in the crowd and white guys. it was a little bizarre.

that song is not very good either, but some of it almost sounds like turbofolk and this song is fire. the presentation is more conservative too. it's not as suggestive and i don't see consumer products in them as much either. compared to kpop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGpYw9Iyf0

I really wonder if this will get much traction compared to the more modern k-pop version of girl bands. Seems like they're following the Japanese model (and indeed wiki suggest these guys were initially related to the AKB48 group, then later separated?). But it feels like outside of the Japanese market and some die-hard fans the industry has taken it's exploitative girl band poo poo into more modern pop-rap territory and these guys are a number of years too late.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/insulaa_w/status/1407792695481974785

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3090306/hong-kong-perfect-target-cia

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jimmy Lai will never be seen again

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
this is a really dope forum for genocide denial

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/884798748152483840

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Deified Data posted:

I'm going to try a thing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:china:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
cool

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

npc spazzed out a bit

reading all those words and referencing other words but never leaving the cuck box of shilling for the cia on a dead gay comedy forum

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Homeless Friend posted:

we need to make the 9/11 memorial project a huge dollar sign imo

lol

looks like a matador's traje de luces + red tartan, pretty impressive

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gaupo Guacho posted:

lmfao you absolute moron

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hopefully fyad takes out the trash the cspam mods have been too stupid to do

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Xi Jinping runs the FYAD

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Thank you
Lmfao

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cant believe fyad is in the pocket of big pooh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Let's get one thing straight about cspam. It's a forum, not a subforum. Top level bitxh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
fyad buckling under to the CCPregime like john cena

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gaupo Guacho posted:

dumbass lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CSPAM being a top forum is the current stage in a long march from the closure of Laissez's Faire, to DnD being a subforum of CSPAM.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
here's what i think. if traditional games is going to be a toplevel forum, they should rename games to video games

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
So I clicked around that 4~6 hour vaush video, it had time stamps for various parts, and it showed him going to a webpage and looking at a graph. He took the graph creator at their word and didn't look at any of the source data, then speculated at potential abuses without evidence. Didn't seem rigorous at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Corky Romanovsky posted:

So I clicked around that 4~6 hour vaush video, it had time stamps for various parts, and it showed him going to a webpage and looking at a graph. He took the graph creator at their word and didn't look at any of the source data, then speculated at potential abuses without evidence. Didn't seem rigorous at all.

Vaush fans will accuse the Chinese of having no critical thought and then just read Wikipedia as a source.