Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Doing a third playthrough and found a really funny strategy to beat The Snow Queen.

Give all four of your assistant librarians the Udjat passive that gives protection to the ally who took the most damage, and despite them being frozen in ice blocks it will still trigger, letting Roland tank effortlessly even while staggered or immobilized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SITB posted:

Note that it doesn't count Counter dice, since those get removed from the page on play.

Also, on use effects don't happen meaning its one of two times you'd bother using blind faith.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

Also, on use effects don't happen meaning its one of two times you'd bother using blind faith.

I’m trying to imagine Old Faith and Promise’s abno pages now. And its suppression.

I mean, they turned Heart of Aspiration into a combat, why not that?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Because then they'd have to update the game warnings to 'Includes microtransactions?' :v:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I knew that Kali fell in battle against Garion because the latter released all the Abnormalities, but now I wonder about the specific reason.

Did it happen because she took too much battle damage before reaching the Arbiter, or did the Red Mist simply run out of targets to kill, causing her E.G.O. to shut off?

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 26, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why they nerfed the (impurity) Black Silence key page.

Like, you never actually get to use it in a real fight. There isn't even any general receptions at that point. So why make 6 of it's 9 signature pages borderline worthless? :confused:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Quick question: do you have to refight the Black Silence to see the consequences of the other choices? Hopefully someone answers soon, I've got the game with the choice running in the background rn.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 28, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Aumanor posted:

Quick question: do you have to refight the Black Silence to see the consequences of the other choices? Hopefully someone answers soon, I've got the game with the choice running in the background rn.

Unless something has changed you have to refight the whole ensemble AND the black silence. Just look them up on YouTube imo

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Just do the scene again in the Credenza.

You can get the endings and the achievements for replaying the post battle scene there without doing the fight.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I’ve been playing through LoR ever since TQ’s LP wrapped up and man, it’s a lot of fun, especially seeing the world get fleshed out beyond what LobCorp’s limited scope was able to show.

Just reached Urban Nightmare, and my general thoughts are: Theres gotta be something up with Roland that we aren’t seeing, the City is a hilariously lovely place (and ludicrously huge, I’m pretty sure), and there’s been a definite shift away from people I feel bad about inviting to the library as things have progressed. There’s still some, like the people from that gun office, but then you’ve got, well, Love Town. Or the Bremen Musicians. Also, in a broader sense, I really enjoy getting to spend time with Angela and the Sephirot as actual people (and not just the physical sense).

From a gameplay perspective, I attempted Queen of Hatred before being done for the night, and oof is that a wall. Spider Bud took some tailoring, QoH I think I need to go back to the drawing board on and do some bespoke page farming, because right now I’m not even close—Olga and the discard package are starting to show their age, and Salvador’s been great but isn’t close to enough to pull through that fight.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

The Lord of Hats posted:

From a gameplay perspective, I attempted Queen of Hatred before being done for the night, and oof is that a wall.[/spoiler]

Queen of Hatred really wants you to use cards with strong single dice to deal with her normal attacks. With those and the Singular Strike passive from general invitations/Shi, you can deflect her magical girl bullets with your katana pretty effortlessly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They added the ability to replay abno battles and realizations from the credenza today

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Urban Nightmare: Wow, Angela, don't be rude to the Sweepers! They're the most courteous guests we've had in ages! Sure, they're cannibals who kidnap children (I *assume* to turn into Sweepers), but I feel like they're somehow less bad cannibals than all the other cannibals we've seen. I'd be more down to hang out with Sweepers than most of the other guests.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The child-kidnapping thing I was not informed of. I guess it’s In their stories I haven’t read yet???

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

AweStriker posted:

The child-kidnapping thing I was not informed of. I guess it’s In their stories I haven’t read yet???

Yes. It's even mentioned in LobCorp

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Urban Nightmare: Wow, Angela, don't be rude to the Sweepers! They're the most courteous guests we've had in ages! Sure, they're cannibals who kidnap children (I *assume* to turn into Sweepers), but I feel like they're somehow less bad cannibals than all the other cannibals we've seen. I'd be more down to hang out with Sweepers than most of the other guests.
To be fair, picking up homeless kids and giving them a (presumably loving judging by their dialogue) home makes them unironically better than 99% of the other factions of the City in regards to the treatment of minors. There are far, far worse fates for a street kid than getting picked up by the horrifying cannibals.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 1, 2021

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Okay at this point I really want to know about the incident that made ProjectMoon hate trains so much. You can’t tell me there isn’t something

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Lord of Hats posted:

Okay at this point I really want to know about the incident that made ProjectMoon hate trains so much. You can’t tell me there isn’t something

I don't understand. Trains are a place of love.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ordinary horror game writers: hmm what are people scared of? skeletons maybe? ooh, how about zombies. let's do those,.

Project Moon writers: we will make you fear birds, music and trains

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Trains are bad for certain, but I want to point out that T Corp is the real villain.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
the lcb twitter (https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus) posted some more art today, including what looks like battle sprites and a picture with what appears to be laetitia's gift creepily lurking in the background, for those who are interested and/or curious!

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
HamHamPangPang also started its Atziluth tour; featuring a bunch of Alpeh level abnormalities and a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Man, I am just hitting a wall of difficulty in Urban Nightmare. There’s some fights I’ve been able to clutch my way through Sweepers, Yujin, Blade Lineage, Puppets, but I’m just getting bodied by all the abnormality fights available to me, to the point where I’m questioning whether I properly grasp how to play the game. And going back for needed cards is… well, really grindy—I wish refights gave better rates on books than they do, because some stuff is just frustrating to get.

Any good general advice for this point in the game?

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yesod and blunt stacking should carry you through until you can get Netzach and his infinite sustain online. Don’t worry too much about the Abnormality fights for the moment; you generally unlock them long before you can realistically fight them.

The focus for a lot of this tier is on sustain.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, I am just hitting a wall of difficulty in Urban Nightmare. There’s some fights I’ve been able to clutch my way through Sweepers, Yujin, Blade Lineage, Puppets, but I’m just getting bodied by all the abnormality fights available to me, to the point where I’m questioning whether I properly grasp how to play the game. And going back for needed cards is… well, really grindy—I wish refights gave better rates on books than they do, because some stuff is just frustrating to get.

Go to nexusmods, download base mod, download the no grind mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/libraryofruina/mods/1
https://www.nexusmods.com/libraryofruina/mods/30

don't worry I won't tell anyone.

Some tips:

Malkuth is one of the best floors in the game, but before you get her 5th abnormality page she's not too special. Hod and Yesod are the stronger picks right now (Keter got nerfed and is totally worthless)

e: Wait you have Sweepers so addendum to the Malkuth advice: Health Hauler and Extract Fuel to counteract damage makes Loyalty an extremely good key page even after it's been nerfed. Matchlight + Wrath of Torment for self damage gives a lot of strength for your team.

Do the leftmost fight (I think; Proselytes, at any rate)

Unless you're making a specific gimmick deck, you generally want 2-3 light regen cards (preferably a mix of 1 and 0 cost light regen), no more than 3 pages that cost 3+, and some draw.

Urban Plague has some pretty good cards that are good enough to clear every* Urban Nightmare fight.

Passive attribution is extremely strong. Your Shield + Liquified Flesh stack and mean Marionette (or similar multi-defensive cards) can defend against basically anything except the biggest of hits.

Charge from UP is extremely good. One complaint I have is the game doesn't really give you good draw before UN which limits deckbuilding; Leap is basically the only good draw before it.

For more specific advice:

Take Kim, attribute him Dark Cloud Blade (From Sayo in UP), Health and Mind Hauler.

Give him 2 Rules of the Backstreets (Flash of Sunup works for a more offensive build), Sharpened Blade, Clean Up and 1 of Ink Over, Beyond the Shadow and Slay. Put him on Hod. Take some bad clashes with defensive cards (like Puppet Blockade against something it's defensive die won't win against) and take Axe for Kim asap. Basically nothing in UN can actually outroll him at that point. Just have the other people run interference for him.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 3, 2021

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

To add to the posters above me, I would suggest you ignore abnormality fights for non-lower floors (past the floor of art) for the moment. I found the lower floor more useful for UN. It is fine to come back around to the abnormality fights you skip until later when you have better cards to handle their gimmicks.

edit: forgot which floor was the last lower floor

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

Malkuth is one of the best floors in the game, but before you get her 5th abnormality page she's not too special. Hod and Yesod are the stronger picks right now (Keter got nerfed and is totally worthless)

…I’m sorry? This is about the point you get Keter’s third abnormality pages which are all very good (unless the nerf happened literally this morning). Agreeing with the other poster that the abnormality suppressions are getting harder and I’m already not looking forward to the one I just unlocked Scarecrow based on its work requirements in LobCorp. I guess I could put it off since that floor’s not gonna be up to par even with it anyway, though.

Also thanks for reminding me to do general receptions

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AweStriker posted:

…I’m sorry? This is about the point you get Keter’s third abnormality pages which are all very good (unless the nerf happened literally this morning). Agreeing with the other poster that the abnormality suppressions are getting harder and I’m already not looking forward to the one I just unlocked Scarecrow based on its work requirements in LobCorp. I guess I could put it off since that floor’s not gonna be up to par even with it anyway, though.

Also thanks for reminding me to do general receptions

Putting aside heart and bloodbath just being kinda poo poo, Curiosity is one of the worst abno pages in the game.

Learn and Lies are decent, but the entire gimmick of Lies doesn't really pay off anymore since Curiosity gets worse.

Since Binah, Netzach and Hod got buffed Keter is probably the worst floor in the game. Not literally unusable, but worse than everything else. Not to mention in UN Malkuth can have a full compliment of pages, whereas Keter has 3.

I'd rank it (spoilers because of abno names so watch for floors you havent finished)

Gebura (Should go without saying) Red Mist key is extremely good and becomes totally broken with Myo's Prowess. Even after nerfs, Vengeance is an extremely good strength buff. Most of Wolf, MoSB and Nosferatu's pages are good, though nosferatu nerfs do suck. Any of Nothing There's pages would be a contender for best page on any other floor

Hokma Burrowing Haven, White Night, Blue Star and One Sin's abno pages are all just really good
Malkuth Requires a bit more finesse than the other strong pages, but I still argue that clone Burning Flash/Deep Drag/Loss of Senses/etc is one of the most powerful strategies in SotC. Loyalty/Matchlight is an extreme power boost to everyone. Her ego pages are pretty bad, though.
Chesed His entire deal is keeping people alive, which is obviously powerful. Courage is great with Solidarity, False Gift is extremely powerful if you can remember which gift does what. Generally takes a lot of planning, to use to best effect, though.
Hod Alertness is just generically really good, as is social distancing. Hod does suffer from most of her best pages being breakdown though (glitter, obsession, axe, friend). Hod can achieve some truly absurd damage numbers with Sanguine Desire
Binah Binah's key page is really good. Otherwise suffers from everything being more setup for a so-so payoff. Eggsodia is really good now though.
Yesod Yesod isn't remotely bad, he just suffers from having less synergy among a number of his good cards than everyone else.

Netzach He's fine, but nothing really stands out other than extremely boring stealth strategies. His tier 3 pages are underwhelming too.

Tiphereth Most of her stuff involves winning or losing clashes instead of, you know, helping you win them to begin with. Her strongest gimmick involves a -2 page (IE, need 65%+ negative emotion coins) which is really hard to do, and even then it only functions for one act.

Keter Roland's keypage went from a mix of decent cards to Crystal Atelier, a couple of decent cards, and then six bad ones. Already kinda elaborated on why I think he's bad, but nothing Snow Queen does is any good and Silent Girl is postgame so whatever.

The specifics vary at different points, like obviously Keter with 4 guys and abnormality pages will be better than Gebura with just Red and Wolf, granted.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 3, 2021

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Obnoxipus posted:

the lcb twitter (https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus) posted some more art today, including what looks like battle sprites and a picture with what appears to be laetitia's gift creepily lurking in the background, for those who are interested and/or curious!

They have also posted Lore, in the form of a conversation.
It's in Korean, but the person that showed it to me had a translation.
It's pretty obviously post-Ruina, so at the risk of making this post into a CIA document, I'll spoil it and my talk about it.

1: Hey.
2: Yes, did you call.
1: ... Who is the strongest?
2: Of course the one in front of me.
1: No, in the City. Who is the strongest fixer?
2: Hm... Unlike in the past there isn't a consensus... Some say it's the fixer of the Great Lake, others say Hagen, Ungen, Zick, Artos, Jade Kirin, and some even say its that bastard Rinaldo, there are a lost of good candidates. I haven't met most of them.. There are only a lot of rumours.
2: But there are still tavern brawls on this subject? And if you include the other Associations and Wings the list is endless.
1: It was like that during my time too. My reputation was overblown.
2: Was it? Based on what I've seen there were no exaggerations.
1: I better ask differently. Who do you think is the most dangerous?
2: My vote is on the fixer Vergilius.
1: Then they probably got a Color.
2: Yes. They even got your Color. Anyway, I thought you didn't care for such ranking?
1: ...I became a bit curious now that I have a more distant perspective of the City.

So that's certainly a thing. Last post in the thread has art of one of the people in that conversation, if you want to see art.
Find the exchange at the beginning amusing, tbh. "Who is the strongest?" "The person with 'The Strongest' as a passive, obviously."

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Doobeedoo posted:

They have also posted Lore, in the form of a conversation.
It's in Korean, but the person that showed it to me had a translation.
It's pretty obviously post-Ruina, so at the risk of making this post into a CIA document, I'll spoil it and my talk about it.

1: Hey.
2: Yes, did you call.
1: ... Who is the strongest?
2: Of course the one in front of me.
1: No, in the City. Who is the strongest fixer?
2: Hm... Unlike in the past there isn't a consensus... Some say it's the fixer of the Great Lake, others say Hagen, Ungen, Zick, Artos, Jade Kirin, and some even say its that bastard Rinaldo, there are a lost of good candidates. I haven't met most of them.. There are only a lot of rumours.
2: But there are still tavern brawls on this subject? And if you include the other Associations and Wings the list is endless.
1: It was like that during my time too. My reputation was overblown.
2: Was it? Based on what I've seen there were no exaggerations.
1: I better ask differently. Who do you think is the most dangerous?
2: My vote is on the fixer Vergilius.
1: Then they probably got a Color.
2: Yes. They even got your Color. Anyway, I thought you didn't care for such ranking?
1: ...I became a bit curious now that I have a more distant perspective of the City.

So that's certainly a thing. Last post in the thread has art of one of the people in that conversation, if you want to see art.
Find the exchange at the beginning amusing, tbh. "Who is the strongest?" "The person with 'The Strongest' as a passive, obviously."

neat, thanks for the translation. in case you missed it they posted art of the other participant in the conversation on their normal twitter a couple of weeks ago. guess they aren't locked in anymore e: or maybe she's just talking to roland lol

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 3, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

Putting aside heart and bloodbath just being kinda poo poo, Curiosity is one of the worst abno pages in the game.

Learn and Lies are decent, but the entire gimmick of Lies doesn't really pay off anymore since Curiosity gets worse.

Lies and Curiosity shouldn't go on the same librarian since they enable two different things.

Lies enables a deck for which Light gain doesn't matter. You give someone a full stack of 3-cost cards and Lies and they'll almost always have enough Light to play their cards, giving you the latitude to pick cards with good page draw without regards to Light gain, and there's a fair few of these in Tier 1 Urban Nightmare just from the Puppets encounter.

Curiosity enables exactly the opposite - a deck for which page draw doesn't matter. It can be harder to see why this is good, since I'm sure there's a few people that are used to Slay the Spire and the like where Curiosity is effectively always on (unless you take Runic Pyramid), but I've been reduced to topdecking enough in LoR that I can really see the benefit here. You have somewhat less control over what you can play turn-to-turn but you'll never be short of options.

You put them together you just get utter chaos, which is novel but hard to make effective.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 3, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AweStriker posted:

Lies and Curiosity shouldn't go on the same librarian since they enable two different things.

Lies enables a deck for which Light gain doesn't matter. You give someone a full stack of 3-cost cards and Lies and they'll almost always have enough Light to play their cards, giving you the latitude to pick cards with good page draw without regards to Light gain, and there's a fair few of these in Tier 1 Urban Nightmare just from the Puppets encounter.

Curiosity enables exactly the opposite - a deck for which page draw doesn't matter. It can be harder to see why this is good, since I'm sure there's a few people that are used to Slay the Spire and the like where Curiosity is effectively always on, but I've been reduced to topdecking enough in LoR that I can really see the benefit here. You have somewhat less control over what you can play turn-to-turn but you'll never be short of options.

You put them together you just get utter chaos, which is novel but hard to make effective.

You put them on mirinae and have her augury kick/observe everyone to death. :v:

curiosity is utterly terrible though. 4 cards a turn sucks when you could just put will of the prescript in your deck instead.

That being said, I also don't think decks that are dysfunctional without a specific breakdown page are worth it to begin with.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 3, 2021

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Acerbatus posted:

You put them on mirinae and have her augury kick/observe everyone to death. :v:

curiosity is utterly terrible though. 4 cards a turn sucks when you could just put will of the prescript in your deck instead.

That being said, I also don't think decks that are dysfunctional without a specific breakdown page are worth it to begin with.

I mean, will of the prescript is 4 cards per turn you use it, which is... Pretty clearly not as consistent as 4 cards per turn? Plus, the latter doesn't lock you into a card that's on the lower end of things for 3-costs by Impuritas.
Fair point on the dysfunctional decks thing, though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Thanks for the advice, everyone--changed up my focus, and now I've come a long ways. Still UN, but with a whole lot more going on.

Specifically, the first two Realizations, god those are some great fights. The last stage of Malkuth's (Snow White's Apple) came down to my Yujin person, who had gradually been healing over the course of the fight thanks to Corpse Cleanup and Health Hauler, duking it out one on one. The end of Yesod's was... less climactic. It seems really cool mechanically, ramping up with stronger and stronger attacks you're dealing with as it goes through each phase... and then she falls below 50% and lol if you didn't take Coffin to permanently stunlock her forever. It's a little disappointing how that goes, but it's still fun up until then (Funeral of the Dead Butterflies' mass attack is some BULLSHIT, though).

Also, cleared Crying Children and got their page. Boy, that's a long-rear end fight.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I tried to install basemods and now the game is opening on... a bunch of pulsating blue windows in roughly the layout of the UI and a banner in the middle of the screen, so I am pretty sure I did not install basemods correctly.

edit: Fixed it!

I decided to also install the no-grind mod since I remember having some frustrations in Urban Legend and Plague having to redo Zwei Section 6 a lot.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 5, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AweStriker posted:

I tried to install basemods and now the game is opening on... a bunch of pulsating blue windows in roughly the layout of the UI and a banner in the middle of the screen, so I am pretty sure I did not install basemods correctly.

edit: Fixed it!

I decided to also install the no-grind mod since I remember having some frustrations in Urban Legend and Plague having to redo Zwei Section 6 a lot.

What did you do? Ever since that started happening nothing I've tried has worked.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

What did you do? Ever since that started happening nothing I've tried has worked.

Step 1: Delete everything in Managed except the folders.
Step 2: Verify the game files with Steam.
Step 3: Paste only 0Harmony.dll and Assembly-CSharp from the basemod package into Managed.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Still plugging away through the game, presently in the midst of Star of the City. I have been in the midst of Star of the City for a good while now, and I’m going to be in it for a good while longer, too. Something about the pacing feels a little weird—I think it’s probably mostly down to the way it got released in chunks, with divisions that aren’t the most clearly signposted in-game. The early acts are so much shorter than the later ones, and I think that makes expectations get a little wonky?

The main thing in that regard is that I think was probably meant to have gotten the middle floors all sorted out well before now—as it is I would have Tiphereth complete if I hadn’t had a technical problem on the last stage that led me to have to restart, Gebura is clear through Mountain if Smiling Bodies, and Chesed has Scarecrow and Tin Man done

The writing is really excellent, though. Very compelling, and the game has a lot to say.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone has finished the game but hasn't seen the 100% Boundary of Death video, you really should. :allears:

Endgame spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7F_VdbhwZA

The Lord of Hats posted:

Still plugging away through the game, presently in the midst of Star of the City. I have been in the midst of Star of the City for a good while now, and I’m going to be in it for a good while longer, too. Something about the pacing feels a little weird—I think it’s probably mostly down to the way it got released in chunks, with divisions that aren’t the most clearly signposted in-game. The early acts are so much shorter than the later ones, and I think that makes expectations get a little wonky?

The main thing in that regard is that I think was probably meant to have gotten the middle floors all sorted out well before now—as it is I would have Tiphereth complete if I hadn’t had a technical problem on the last stage that led me to have to restart, Gebura is clear through Mountain if Smiling Bodies, and Chesed has Scarecrow and Tin Man done

The writing is really excellent, though. Very compelling, and the game has a lot to say.

Yeah, the pacing is definitely weird and you're going to think that about Impurity too, for different reasons. :v:

Honestly even if it ruins the whole LC 'stumble onto something and die' factor, i feel like bosses should've been put as a final fight before the next tier instead of randomly sprinkled, and then balanced with the expectation you had everything in that tier.

The writing and gameplay pacing issues are weird in different ways. Some of the big story events just kinda happen suddenly at times that don't make any sense did the library go from Molar to Love Town in under 10 seconds? they work fast. :v: Or the way that Hana show up and then the Ensemble are just there. The gameplay pacing just has ideas kind of haphazardly scattered. I guess they only expect you to take like 10 minutes of actual gameplay for the first three ranks, because there's zero ability to create a deck with any depth and the fights are all so easy you can do them without key pages. Then there's the mechanics that are just kinda forgotten about before being suddenly remembered again, like Strength and Disarm or ranged attacks, power null, enemies using passive attribution, Index targeting, or frankly general receptions.

I love the game but going through it in as much detail as I have, the flaws do stand out. My concern with Limbus Company or whatever is that since it's yet again an entirely new genre, PM isn't going to get to put the lessons they've learned from the first two games into practice with regards to balance and pacing.

AweStriker posted:

Step 1: Delete everything in Managed except the folders.
Step 2: Verify the game files with Steam.
Step 3: Paste only 0Harmony.dll and Assembly-CSharp from the basemod package into Managed.

Hm, didn't work for me. weird.

Doobeedoo posted:

I mean, will of the prescript is 4 cards per turn you use it, which is... Pretty clearly not as consistent as 4 cards per turn? Plus, the latter doesn't lock you into a card that's on the lower end of things for 3-costs by Impuritas.
Fair point on the dysfunctional decks thing, though.

The thing is, it totally ruins your consistency. Early on you're not playing 3 cards a turn, meaning you'll end up with more net cards (particularly if you're running Battle Ready and/or Skim Prescript, which are both really good passives) and thus have more options available to you, instead of just being given four cards. UN/First tier SotC already has good cards that cycle (Steel Knuckles, Deep Drag, Repressed Flesh for example) that it's pretty reliable to do that, and if you're doing smoke/charge too you're basically going to have 7 cards or so every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1413452477278560264

Someone at PM really does have a thing with trains.

also, hhpp talking about booking guests is always funny

"If you work together, you can overcome it."

:thonkful:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 9, 2021