Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

African AIDS cum posted:

This is your brain on d&d

these days, you can't even advocate for violence just because you lost a free and fair election, before going on to give a series of reasons as to why you personally cannot participate in the violence but are supporting it in spirit and anyone who doesn't support it should be banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah it rules

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

for reals tho I just wanted to remind people of the time that Corbyn and Hector Bellerin were making small talk at some event and Piers Morgan tried to join in so they continued the conversation in Spanish instead, because that's one of my favourite stories of people bullying Piers Morgan

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ZeeBoi posted:

lest we forget the general delight over seeing this

its all swings n roundaboots innit?

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

African AIDS cum posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

*cheers*

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

My dad who lives in Italy just scored tickets for the Ukraine game. Jammy bastard.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Just remembered that it's coming come

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tortuga posted:

Just remembered that it's coming come
_____/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/twlldun/status/1410478275290402816

But where did they get the pic of Kane shaven and dressed like a consultant

poty fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 1, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That famously successful heist, the Italian Job

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
https://theathletic.com/2682077/2021/07/01/gareth-you-dont-need-to-apologise-to-us-for-euro-96-let-it-go-were-so-proud-of-you/

Alan Shearer posted:

There are a few things I’d like to say, Gareth, and I’ll start with this. Off the chest and from the heart: loving yes, well done, get in!

I’m smiling as I write this and when it comes to football, when it comes to England’s loaded history against Germany, when it comes to this diminished version of life we’ve been living, smiling feels pretty good. Thank you for helping us to smile again.

Fancy doing it again?

And I’d like to talk to you, Gareth, about the present and the past and the distance we all travel. I heard what you said on Tuesday night, pitchside at Wembley, when England had won, and you were asked about redemption. You speak so well. You always have. Your team were forging new memories, as you put it, but like it often does, your penalty and 1996 had come back to you and some memories are fixed and final. It struck me like a slap.

“I was looking at the big screen and I saw Dave Seaman up there and, you know, I can’t …” you said. “For the team-mates that played with me, I can’t change that. That’s always going to hurt.”

You know me well enough, don’t you? I would struggle to describe myself as a sentimental man. It’s probably fair to say that the older we get, the more those hard edges soften, but I don’t gush with emotion and I can’t see that changing soon. But now that I’m no longer a player, no longer forever moving forward to the next game, the next battle, I do have a capacity to step back, to see more of the world in its entirety.

Gareth, I have never once looked at you and blamed you. I have never thought of you as the man who cost me or who cost our England team a trophy and a winners’ medal at the European Championship 25 years ago. I have never considered you a failure for taking a penalty against Germany and missing. There is not a spark in my brain or an atom in my body that thinks in those terms, and I hate that you might suspect otherwise.

Do I think about it ever? Do I think about it at all? Jesus, yes. I think about that semi-final and how we could have won it in 90 minutes. I think about extra time, and how we could have done it then. I think about the players and the talent we had and I will die believing we were good enough to go the whole way. And although I prefer not to, sometimes I think about my own walk from the centre-circle to the penalty spot and how dark it felt.

&

https://twitter.com/josephellul41/status/1410317373840793611?s=21

&

Watching people who think themselves above petty tribalism tying themselves in knots to hate the England team and it’s fan base for a ‘good’ reason is loving amazing as well. ‘Well other fans wouldn’t boo national anthems’ :lol: gently caress off.

P.S.

It’s.

Coming.

Home.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Powerful stuff OP

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Powerful stuff OP

Is it?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like Shearer's upped his pundit game recently. If I'm picking my BBC lineup he's getting dropped for wrighty every time but I don't feel the urge to throw my shoes at the telly when he's on any more

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like Shearer's upped his pundit game recently. If I'm picking my BBC lineup he's getting dropped for wrighty every time but I don't feel the urge to throw my shoes at the telly when he's on any more

When they’re discussing what it’s like to be a top level footballer from experience they’re fine, and I feel like they’re being directed back towards that more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Gareth, I have never once looked at you and blamed you. I have never thought of you as the man who cost me or who cost our England team a trophy and a winners’ medal at the European Championship 25 years ago. I have never considered you a failure for taking a penalty against Germany and missing. There is not a spark in my brain or an atom in my body that thinks in those terms, and I hate that you might suspect otherwise.

:cry::cry::cry:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I really like Shearer, and him and Lineker have great chemistry. If you’ve not, check out the top ten things them two and Micah Richards have been doing this Euros. They’re really funny, clearly all get on well and are top guys. It’s like hanging out with your older brother and fun uncles.

It’s a shame so many people don’t realise that football can be pretty heartwarming and is actually mostly just full of good people doing something they love. It’s also one of the only ways working class lads can make it big so gently caress all the people who complain about their pay. Go complain about Goldman Sachs or someone who’s actually doing harm.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I can't forgive Micah Richards for laughing so loud that my manager heard him in the background of a meeting and grassed up the fact that I had the footy on

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
yeah that Shearer quote has set me off. Fair play, Al.

I've got tickets for the final next weekend, I can't believe I will get to see it come home live.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

britishbornandbread posted:

yeah that Shearer quote has set me off. Fair play, Al.

I've got tickets for the final next weekend, I can't believe I will get to see it come home live.

I’m so loving jealous

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jakabite posted:

I really like Shearer, and him and Lineker have great chemistry. If you’ve not, check out the top ten things them two and Micah Richards have been doing this Euros. They’re really funny, clearly all get on well and are top guys. It’s like hanging out with your older brother and fun uncles.

It’s a shame so many people don’t realise that football can be pretty heartwarming and is actually mostly just full of good people doing something they love. It’s also one of the only ways working class lads can make it big so gently caress all the people who complain about their pay. Go complain about Goldman Sachs or someone who’s actually doing harm.

Yeah these are absolutely loving class haha

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jakabite posted:

I’m so loving jealous

I get married in September, fiancé has asked me how much it would take for me to seriously consider selling it were England to get there.

For the record, it would have to be five figures.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I get married in September, fiancé has asked me how much it would take for me to seriously consider selling it were England to get there.

Genuinely a possible once in a lifetime that, don’t let it go :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Underpriced imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jakabite posted:

Genuinely a possible once in a lifetime that, don’t let it go :)

If I was watching England win a tournament from my new bought and paid for house I’d be fairly sanguine about the experience tbh.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

If I was watching England win a tournament from my new bought and paid for house I’d be fairly sanguine about the experience tbh.

Where do you live where you can buy and pay off a house for 5 figures?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Where do you live where you can buy and pay off a house for 5 figures?

Local to me, if you don’t mind living in the worse parts of Southampton or Portsmouth, or moving to the Isle of Wight, there are places you can buy for £80-99k. Imagine oop North you’d get a fair amount around the tees valley and Sunderland?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Local to me, if you don’t mind living in the worse parts of Southampton or Portsmouth, or moving to the Isle of Wight, there are places you can buy for £80-99k. Imagine oop North you’d get a fair amount around the tees valley and Sunderland?

I imagine we are talking 1-2 bed flats right?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

I imagine we are talking 1-2 bed flats right?

3 bed terraces

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

3 bed terraces

drat, is the area a shithole?

Ah yes you already mentioned Southampton and Pompey. I see

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

drat, is the area a shithole?

Ah yes you already mentioned Southampton and Pompey. I see

Ryde’s not too bad if you can wfh all the time. They’ve got a Tesco and everything.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Anything in Hampshire being under 200k is messing with my head

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Total Meatlove posted:

Ryde’s not too bad if you can wfh all the time. They’ve got a Tesco and everything.

My brother lives in Ryde. I like it round there. Union Street is a horror, though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s coming home and brave lion raheem Stirling will buy us all a nice 5 bed detached house in the cotswolds

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bape Culture posted:

It’s coming home and brave lion raheem Stirling will buy us all a nice 5 bed detached house in the cotswolds

GUN TERROR RAZEED will fill it with communist AKs

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

fat gay nonce posted:

GUN TERROR RAZEED will fill it with communist AKs

i prefer the spread on the ak anyway compared to the m4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Total Meatlove posted:

The best part of Ryde is you're right next to the ferry to get back to the mainland

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Rarity posted:

The best part of Ryde is you're right next to the ferry to get back to the mainland

Real top shaggers use the hovercraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Please let the English have their moment in the sun too humiliate a crying girl.