Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

4 stars are definitely marketable, but the shop is bugged in really dumb and lovely way: if you partially type an item's name and hit search, items you've never seen before won't show up in the list of autocomplete options. The text search only shows exact text matches, so to look up an item you either need to use the autocomplete or to get its exact name from out of game .
If you've personally never gotten a Vialto Spear as a drop (or clicked on it in another player's shop), typing "spear" and clicking search will not show vialto in the possible options. But if you type the exact string "Vialto Spear" into the search box, you'll still get results.

As another separate even shittier bug, setting the item category to "weapons" always gets you 0 results. So you have to leave the category unset and search for exact item names only.

This has been broken since launch (or maybe even since CBT), and they haven't yet fixed it...

oh yeah that would be what caused that incorrect assumption. at least now I know I won't necessarily have to grind out to gear up alt classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Come play, my Star Lord.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

CYBEReris posted:

oh yeah that would be what caused that incorrect assumption. at least now I know I won't necessarily have to grind out to gear up alt classes.

Yeah it might be handy to have a database like arks-visiphone bookmarked for reference until they unfuck the category search.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I beat the story mission with the dragon, got myself to 1184 power level, and I'm looking at a great empty vista of lacking content. Game's been pretty fun these last couple weeks but there's poo poo all to do. Can't really even spend much time theory crafting and build tinkering like I could in Diablo. Thanks to everyone who answered burning questions but it looks like there was only a little bit to burn so I'll see you all when a content patch drops.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Yeah, I'm only logging a few minutes a day to do dailies.

And only enough days to achieve the weekly rewards for Meseta -- because I see no conceivable way of really making any money otherwise.

Without being bored out of my mind I mean.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still like it, don't get me wrong, but it's not feeling like the relaxed Diablo-style "monster basher with friends when they happen to log on" thing I wanted. Solo sucks because any rewarding enemies take too long to kill. "Rewarding" is incidentally a bit euphemistic because there's no affix system or anything so it usually feels like all drops are merely a form of crafting mat and XP for leveling is a drip feed, and I'm still four levels from my first capped class. Build options are few and low impact so I don't feel like I'm developing a concept or that the concept is tailored compared to every other member of class X. And there's the well-trod lack of instanced dungeons or quests.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
That is, unfortunately, the true PSO2 experience.

Your normal grinding session is running around for PSE bursts, both for augment fodder (there is an augment system, it's just way better than it used to be) grind fodder, XP, and money. The only real 'crafting materials' are food and minerals, food for obvious uses (stat buffs and region mag feeding) and minerals for unlocking weapon potentials.

It's easy to lose sight of all the stuff passively flowing into your inventory, but if you never look, you'll never understand why you're grinding.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The only thing to note is that if you're after augments, being in an area with PSE bursts isn't going to get you much. Stat 3 augment capsules can only drop in exploration zones. And the big money stuff like dread keeper 2 only drops from enemies that also exclusively spawn in exploration zones.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I did not know that. What I mean by feeling like it's all crafting mats, though, is that without affixes providing variable gear traits like good old "Pyromancer's Ring of the Bear" kind of poo poo all the weaponry flowing into my inventory just reads like fodder for the weapon +40 grind. Nothing to prompt an "oooo" like a mid to high level rune or set item in Diablo, nothing that will ever make me think "oh sweet I gotta try playing some new build because this toy I just found would make it sing."

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it was definitely funny assuming that i couldnt buy four star weapons because of the search field bug and then finding them for sale for 1k once i put the full name in. you can just buy the best currently existing level of weapons for nothing right now (I think the gigantix gear has better offensive potential in general but that's the endgame you're gearing for in the first place).

in a way it's really nice that I don't feel trapped in an endless upgrade cycle but it also means there's not a lot to do to progress but camp for rare spawns like in a 2000 mmo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I mean with a level cap of 20 and the way the skill trees are right now, it seems they released in a really bare-bones state.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

honestly i've been spending more time catching up with PSO2 classic ep5 is really stupid but in a way that's an endless font of combined intentional and unintentional comedy

i hate the story buster quests though practically the exact same thing over and over

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 29, 2021

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Hella excited to see my boy CHAPPiE coming to PSO2NGS

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

honestly i've been spending more time catching up with PSO2 classic ep5 is really stupid but in a way that's an endless font of combined intentional and unintentional comedy

i hate the story buster quests though practically the exact same thing over and over

ok i just unlocked Baldur's Gate style demon transformations this is absolutely ridiculous and extra and i love it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I can't level further in PSO2 because I have a MEL mag and now my braver doesn't have enough DEX to upgrade to a good katana. (Even though I have a bunch of rising weapon badges from some event or other to get a free 15* poverty weapon.)
And I can't go back to playing PSO2 Hunter and waddling slowly around levels without NGS photon dash or Braver asagiri spam.

Apparently I will have enough dex to wield it if I do level Braver enough for the natural dex gains (and get Bouncer to 75 too), but I'd have to do all of that without a weapon? I guess it's a lot easier if you can level it as a subclass after you've already gotten to endgame as something else.

CYBEReris posted:

it was definitely funny assuming that i couldnt buy four star weapons because of the search field bug and then finding them for sale for 1k once i put the full name in. you can just buy the best currently existing level of weapons for nothing right now (I think the gigantix gear has better offensive potential in general but that's the endgame you're gearing for in the first place).

in a way it's really nice that I don't feel trapped in an endless upgrade cycle but it also means there's not a lot to do to progress but camp for rare spawns like in a 2000 mmo

The extra funny thing is that 4-star weapons aren't even good as enhancement fodder -- they're less meseta-efficient than using Silver Primm Swords despite being significantly rarer.

So all the players who already got their one 4* weapon and spend all day grinding PSEs just get dozens and dozens of 4* items that (if they're upgrading efficiently) they can't even use except by selling on the player shop (if they have a shop pass). If you don't pay realmoney for shop access, your options are basically to save them in case you want to try a new class some day or trash them for pennies. So naturally they pretty much instantly cratered in price. I think there were 1k 3-star weapons on the shop console within 2-3 days of launch and 1k 4-stars on the marketboard 1-2 days after that.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 29, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I can't level further in PSO2 because I have a MEL mag and now my braver doesn't have enough DEX to upgrade to a good katana. (Even though I have a bunch of rising weapon badges from some event or other to get a free 15* poverty weapon.)
And I can't go back to playing PSO2 Hunter and waddling slowly around levels without NGS photon dash or Braver asagiri spam.

Apparently I will have enough dex to wield it if I do level Braver enough for the natural dex gains (and get Bouncer to 75 too), but I'd have to do all of that without a weapon? I guess it's a lot easier if you can level it as a subclass after you've already gotten to endgame as something else.

The extra funny thing is that 4-star weapons aren't even good as enhancement fodder -- they're less meseta-efficient than using Silver Primm Swords despite being significantly rarer.

So all the players who already got their one 4* weapon and spend all day grinding PSEs just get dozens and dozens of 4* items that (if they're upgrading efficiently) they can't even use except by selling on the player shop (if they have a shop pass). If you don't pay realmoney for shop access, your options are basically to save them in case you want to try a new class some day or trash them for pennies. So naturally they pretty much instantly cratered in price. I think there were 1k 3-star weapons on the shop console within 2-3 days of launch and 1k 4-stars on the marketboard 1-2 days after that.

The silver weapons also dropped to 1k in a flash, so the only things worth selling are some of the new 4* weapons and 4* units.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The real poo poo is when you realize that actually those fixa augments are really powerful, and get set up with those. That's real expensive if you're trying to use a 4* weapon at the same time.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Yeah, this is like PSO1 in a way, where your goal should be to find a 4 star you want, and then try to farm or trade for one with good numbers attached to it. Any given 4 star might be 1k, but one with Fixa Attack 5 might be millions.

Or spend all your meseta on phasion.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm in this weird place where I'm pretty unmotivated to do much in either Classic or NG.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah, this is like PSO1 in a way, where your goal should be to find a 4 star you want, and then try to farm or trade for one with good numbers attached to it. Any given 4 star might be 1k, but one with Fixa Attack 5 might be millions.

Or spend all your meseta on phasion.

I *hated* that part about PSO1. Oh your weapon is just not as good as someone else's cause it dropped with 0 hit. Enjoy keeping on farming for that 1/32000 drop lmfao

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dabir posted:

I *hated* that part about PSO1. Oh your weapon is just not as good as someone else's cause it dropped with 0 hit. Enjoy keeping on farming for that 1/32000 drop lmfao

Well at least you've got a better trade system than, "Trust a random internet dude to drop what he agreed on the ground and not have it be a hacked item that corrupts your character".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

7c Nickel posted:

Well at least you've got a better trade system than, "Trust a random internet dude to drop what he agreed on the ground and not have it be a hacked item that corrupts your character".

Nol is real 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Saagonsa posted:

The real poo poo is when you realize that actually those fixa augments are really powerful, and get set up with those. That's real expensive if you're trying to use a 4* weapon at the same time.

I'm mostly going mid-tier. I grabbed a level 2 fixa because it was reasonably priced, and I'm not breaking my bank on level 3 augments when a level 2 is still pretty good.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

The silver weapons also dropped to 1k in a flash, so the only things worth selling are some of the new 4* weapons and 4* units.

I'm reasonably sure you could make money selling augment capsules to lazy players.

Re: fixas, this is only A Thing right now because our best gear is still relatively common and we've hit the soft gear cap really easily. When poo poo actually starts becoming rare is when outside of an astronomical lucky drop, nobody will really think that much about them. At least unless they give us a way to edit or create fixas.
After all its nowhere near as important as hit% was in PSO1.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 30, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MR. J posted:

I'm reasonably sure you could make money selling augment capsules to lazy players.

Re: fixas, this is only A Thing right now because our best gear is still relatively common and we've hit the soft gear cap really easily. When poo poo actually starts becoming rare is when outside of an astronomical lucky drop, nobody will really think that much about them. At least unless they give us a way to edit or create fixas.

Oh yeah, augment capsules too. Periodically I remember I have a bunch for classes I don't care about and toss them up, but the more common ones have already dropped in price.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I mean if you're pretty much done spending minerals on your gear i would assume you could profit with taking low level capsules and trading them in for higher ones and reselling those, depending on how the market is that day.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

MR. J posted:

Man I never paid much attention to that stuff in PSO1 which now explains why I really sucked at it I guess. Thankfully I made friends with some internet people who were happy to drag me along lol

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It never really was an issue until either late Very Hard mode or Ultimate where you run headfirst into the "half your attacks miss" realm.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah it was pretty much the second half of Very Hard in the original release, from the mines on. twin mechguns kept' missing all over the place and I felt so useless.

NOT NOW THOUGH

Loving the TMGs in NGS.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Nothing like losing a gigantix because it ends up facing a cliff and people won't pull back to lure it down.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Here is what is coming in July:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAoeQbswko

....Not much.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Look at all the scratch ticket cosmetics and emotes!

And finally a chance to fight the same enemies with snowflakes on their foreheads!

Who needs content?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

lmao

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Yes, but also Fish ears are cool and I want those lightning weapon camos

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I really like NGS but the lack of content is terrible. The event is better than nothing, but only a little. I can kind of understand where they’re coming from with the enemies... In PSO2 vanilla you’d get event quests and they generally wouldn’t have any kind of new enemies, but at least they were unique enough. You can’t really do the same thing with NGS’s open(ish) world though. I think event cocoons or instanced emergency quests would be a good solution.

I’m sure COVID has been hard on the devs, and I who knows how different making new content for NGS is than the original PSO2, so I can kinda understand the content drip... but I don’t like it.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 1, 2021

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I really like NGS but the lack of content is terrible. The event is better than nothing, but only a little. I can kind of understand where they’re coming from with the enemies... In PSO2 vanilla you’d get event quests and they generally wouldn’t have any kind of new enemies, but at least they were unique enough. You can’t really do the same thing with NGS’s open(ish) world though. I think event cocoons or instanced emergency quests would be a good solution.

I’m sure COVID has been hard on the devs, and I who knows how different making new content for NGS is than the original PSO2, so I can kinda understand the content drip... but I don’t like it.

limited time instanced cocoon-like structures with rewards other than skill points so people who miss it wouldnt be screwed would be cool. make the conceit that they're ships that crashed on the planet and once the event ends people from the city clean them up.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Does Multi-Weapon allow you to use Class Skills pertaining to that weapon as well? Specifically, I was wondering if fusing a Rifle to another weapon would allow me to use Blight Rounds.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sherry Bahm posted:

Does Multi-Weapon allow you to use Class Skills pertaining to that weapon as well? Specifically, I was wondering if fusing a Rifle to another weapon would allow me to use Blight Rounds.

Yes. The way multiweapon works is that it just switches automatically to whichever of the 2 weapon forms is needed when you use a weapon-specific skill or PA. I have a multiweapon rifle/launcher, so if I press my blight bullet hotkey it instantly becomes a rifle and fires the bullet rounds, and if I use multi-launch it shapeshifts back to a launcher and uses that PA, etc.
It is shapeshifting though, it never counts as both weapon types at once. So for example, Fighter's Overload skill only gives a damage bonus to Fighter weapons. If you used a multi twin-dagger/sword as Fighter, using any sword stuff would shapechange the weapon into a sword, making it no longer a Fighter weapon and no longer getting the damage bonus from Overload, until the next time you use a twin dagger PA.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Awesome. I thought as much, but figured I'd best ask before I blew a cool 100k~ Meseta and a bunch of mats on it.

Love my Launcher, but the usefulness of Blight Rounds is too hard to ignore, and I'd like to be able to slap that on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Photon Blast also uses whatever part of the multi weapon was used last, which is a handy think to keep in mind