Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

The best Grimlock since the Masterpiece, by a huge margin.

Sucks that he's shelfwarming pretty bad up here, all the Kingdom and Studio pegs are empty except for bayverse and Grimlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

:siren: UK goons! House of Fraser is doing half price preorders, due mid-July, on a bunch of Earthrise dudes including Skylynx (£40!) Optimus (£24!) and a few more! Check it out now!

Ohhhh nice. I was on the fence about Mr Magnificence when he first came out, but for £40 I physically can't stop myself picking him up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone read the IDW First Strike comics that created a shared universe with Transformers, G.I. Joe, MASK, ROM, and Micronauts? Any good? I really like Christos Gage's writing on G.I. Joe, and I noticed he wrote some of that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Other posted:

I know this thread is mainly used to talk about the Transformers toys, but did anyone else read the Transformers / Back to the Future mini-series that eneded last week? I thought it was pretty good, as one online review commented, it had the look an feel of a Saturday morning cartoon. The plot is pretty basic, the Decepticons use Doc Brown's time machine to make sure the Autobots don't awaken and thus are able to take over the Earth. It's up to Doc, Marty, and the remaining Autobots (which includes the new DeLorean Transformer, Gigawatt) to stop them (the Transformers wiki has a more detailed synopsis).

Again the series was pretty good, nothing amazing but still a fun read. My only complaint is that IDW decided to release the series bimonthly, so it took over eight months to release a four issue series (that's also why I'm writing this a week after the final issue was released).

I didn’t read the TF/BttF crossover, but I did read the TF/Terminator one. It was actually pretty neat.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The_Doctor posted:

:siren: UK goons! House of Fraser is doing half price preorders, due mid-July, on a bunch of Earthrise dudes including Skylynx (£40!) Optimus (£24!) and a few more! Check it out now!

hell yeah thank you friend! i have claimed skylynx

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I do wonder if they’re going to be able to fulfil all these preorders.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Comfortador posted:

Probably one of the only times I'll ever say this. gently caress YOU UK GOONS! (I want Skylynx and was never going to pay 80)

every time I see a UK store with full shelves I get annoyed cause the ones out here in the midwest have like half a case of the current waves from each of the different waves out on the shelves, maybe. And usually not the current waves.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

UK stores are a very mixed bag though. they seem to send the exact same amount of toys to each store, regardless of location or store size. so a toyshop in the middle of nowhere will have packed shelves, while all the shops in birmingham town centre (the UKs second largest city) will all be picked bare within a day.

the branch of The Entertainer in the big shopping centre here has a stock made up seemingly entirely of that bayverse thundercracker toy. i have one and hes nice, but i would like to be able to buy some of the non bay toys in person.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah, the Guildford branch had him shelfwarming like crazy too. I got him at about RRP and watched him drop a fiver at a time over the next few months until he was like £12 or something at one point. Probably still in stock there even.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh huh, I want to grab one of those Thundercrackers at some point. If they’re on clearance, even better.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_Other posted:

I know this thread is mainly used to talk about the Transformers toys, but did anyone else read the Transformers / Back to the Future mini-series that eneded last week? I thought it was pretty good, as one online review commented, it had the look an feel of a Saturday morning cartoon. The plot is pretty basic, the Decepticons use Doc Brown's time machine to make sure the Autobots don't awaken and thus are able to take over the Earth. It's up to Doc, Marty, and the remaining Autobots (which includes the new DeLorean Transformer, Gigawatt) to stop them (the Transformers wiki has a more detailed synopsis).

Again the series was pretty good, nothing amazing but still a fun read. My only complaint is that IDW decided to release the series bimonthly, so it took over eight months to release a four issue series (that's also why I'm writing this a week after the final issue was released).

I read it. I didn't like it very much. While it nails the Saturday morning cartoon feel it all felt extremely chaotic to me and not in a good way. It had a pretty neat concept though and I did love Watchtower
I preferred the Terminator cross over.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

did anyone ever make a good toy of that super megatron concept art from uh whatever it was from? i saw it in one of those gavin spence videos and i thought it looked cool. also i have fewer megatrons than i do optimuses and to me, as a staunch decepticon fan, that will not do

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HasTak retooled CW Galvatron into one. It's not bad.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
This is a weird one: https://tformers.com/transformers-collaborative-j-balvintron-ntwrk-exclusive-yellow-soundwave-tapes/42039/news.html

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Who tf is J. Balvin?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

It’s gorgeous

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Beast Wars comic continues to be really solid, although this issue is way more just rehashing the pilot episodes than the last few.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gaz-L posted:

The Beast Wars comic continues to be really solid, although this issue is way more just rehashing the pilot episodes than the last few.

The comic is solid but I really can’t stand the art. It’s shockingly bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I actually really like the art, it's very stylised and cartoony but I think it gives the bots a lot of character, especially the new characters.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Technowolf posted:

Who tf is J. Balvin?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda like it. I didn’t like the art at first but it’s growing on me and I do like some of the expressions.
It’s had a bunch of gems in the lines department that feel exactly like the original beast wars characters.
But I dislike how close it currently still hews to the original with the only original addition so far being Nyx and that predacon who’s had 0 part.
This currently makes it feel a bit like a self insert fanfic. With Nyx being the insert. Her being the reason fan favorite Dinobot switches sides didn’t help.
But it’s only 5 chapters in so that’s not really fair to say. :shrug: I look forward to seeing what’s going to happen next. I read on a different forum it’s supposed to diverge more from the original in the upcoming chapters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, the new Pred did something in this issue! She punched Rhynox a bunch!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i really want those colourful blast effects

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hasbro not putting blast effects in more stuff is annoying, need more blast effects in everything. Like most Leaders are just voyagers with some extra guff, and most of the time those aren't blast effects. What the hell?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I actually installed the "NTWRK" app to see if I could get one of those, but it stops loading immediately and says an update is required. I have the newest one from May 2020... guess they just stopped releasing new versions for Android 5.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Who tf is J. Balvin?

The Prince of Reggaeton, obvs.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I bought a Kingdom Ultra Magnus because of my obsession for earth modes whenever I can get them, but when I sit him next to my spoiler pack mags I can’t help but notice how much more personality the muted paints give the spoiler edition. I’m torn now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Hey, the new Pred did something in this issue! She punched Rhynox a bunch!

It felt a bit weird that Rhinox was sent out actually. Because it's so close to the original I assumed he was the science guy/mechanic. Instead we have Rattrap fixing things.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Someone at MMC loves Rung a lot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ooooooooooooo
                  \

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

It felt a bit weird that Rhinox was sent out actually. Because it's so close to the original I assumed he was the science guy/mechanic. Instead we have Rattrap fixing things.

Rattrap was always a mechanical type, he was a demolitions expert. And it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the set up is identical to the original episode, as I think that was the first time Rhinox's chainguns came out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't find my Netflix Cheetor. I have the instructions but I can't find the goddamned figure.

This is extremely annoying.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Someone at MMC loves Rung a lot.

I saw the top row before I read your text, and, uh, literally didn't recognize Rung without his glasses on

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Rattrap was always a mechanical type, he was a demolitions expert. And it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the set up is identical to the original episode, as I think that was the first time Rhinox's chainguns came out.

I don't have episodes fresh in my head, especially the earlier episodes. But the TFwiki shows them both going out actually. But then the setup was slightly different.
Still, Rhinox was shown putting people back together, made Sentinel, fixes CR chambers, resurrects Primal. Ultimately though, they can do all that stuff. They were a research craft, it's just that they have their own specialities.
In the later seasons Rhinox rarely leaves the base, that's probably what made me go "huh". But at the same time, more active Rhinox I can get down with. :) Get out those chainguns!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

ooooooooooooo
                  \

Go suck Energon, you weenie!
                  \

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

did the new starscream come out?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

juggalo baby coffin posted:

According to tfsource, it did

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

According to Hasbro Pulse, my order has been delayed till September due to... reasons? Yeah, reasons.

Anyway, here's a great Twitter thread about mapping Beast Wars characters to John Mulaney quotes.

Mulaney is a funny guy, we both grew up in the same Irish Catholic area and I've probably met him back in the day. We're close to the same age.

The Salt and Pepper Diner is long closed, by the way.

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1410663612465696769?s=21

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Toys are delayed a few months due to an unprecedented global pandemic causing disruptions in every step of manufacturing and shipping. I hope everyone can be more understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Toys are delayed a few months due to an unprecedented global pandemic causing disruptions in every step of manufacturing and shipping. I hope everyone can be more understanding.

i mean i just wanted to know if it was out cause its hard to find any info. i wondered if anyone knew if it was good or not because i am still lacking a starscream