Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mirthless posted:

Getting a voter ID if you're poor is crippled because government traditionally operates on government hours and government hours have seen systemic cuts for generations, this isn't about restricting voting access or hurting the poor so much as it is about damaging the view Americans hold towards the government and Democrats have gleefully engaged in it every step of the way.

Like, the real issue here is that poor people have trouble getting identification, that is a much loving bigger problem than voting access, and Democrats are more interested in fixing the voting problem then they are in fixing the ID problem. WHY?

Edit: Just say it out loud, tell me this doesn't sound loving absurd: "Our constituents have trouble getting identification, our main legislative priority this year is making sure they don't need ID to vote"
youre right there is a lot of things democrats could do to resolve this. they could do federal voting holidays, mandate day-of-registration, automatic registration, free national id in various ways, etc.

they dont do it of course b/c they dont want it and their donors absolutely don't want it. democrats are stuck in this weird spot where electorally they want poors voting for their careers, but donor interests and cash always supercedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why did pelosi get eight picks in the first place when the dem majority is razor thin did she like negotiate for it with mccarthy that she would pick her favorite republican or could she have just gone gently caress you and picked the entire committee herself

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JJHantsch/status/1410618818280316934?s=20

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nichael posted:

Lenin would be one of the poly DSA people but like a cool one not a creepy one

I hate to tell you this but Lenin would identify as an attack helicopter. Sorry, but that's just the way he is.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I hate to tell you this but Lenin would identify as an attack helicopter. Sorry, but that's just the way he is.

:ohdear:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1410432121710252037?s=20
wow yeah man, if only there was anything that could've been done about this last year

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

why did pelosi get eight picks in the first place when the dem majority is razor thin did she like negotiate for it with mccarthy that she would pick her favorite republican or could she have just gone gently caress you and picked the entire committee herself

this whole thing feels like very very elaborate, WWE levels of political theater at this point designed to maximize outrage on both sides while completely delegitimizing it in advance for the GOP electorate

it'll raise a ton of money for the dems, accomplish nothing politically, and will poll unfavorably enough that nobody who matters will talk about it ever again when it's all said and done

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

using federal support to bail out the rich is very Hamiltonian

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i'm not sure if it's worse if the dems are cynically using 1/6 for influence despite knowing they were safe or if they actually believe they were in danger and are loving up the follow up the same way they gently caress everything else up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pelosi is probably shitbrained enough to think that there are some number of never trump republicans that she's going to get to vote for dems in 2022 because she's including Cheney lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"The mere fact that there is some disparity in impact does not necessarily mean that a system is not equally open"

YES IT DOES THAT'S WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I have no words, jesus christ. What the gently caress is wrong with these people

Stop trying to make me look at the media literacy thread.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mirthless posted:

this whole thing feels like very very elaborate, WWE levels of political theater at this point designed to maximize outrage on both sides while completely delegitimizing it in advance for the GOP electorate

it'll raise a ton of money for the dems, accomplish nothing politically, and will poll unfavorably enough that nobody who matters will talk about it ever again when it's all said and done

Just wait for the Mueller report!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1410620156838023176?s=20

Joe Biden is here to dig out survivors

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finally the sniffing dogs can take a break

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1410393829820272645?s=20

is this the Finders

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

it's the "ice cream" truck

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

of COURSE it's Jeni's

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
https://mobile.twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1410463558152986624

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ElizManresa/status/1410237079867494405

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

lol they think presidents pay for stuff

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1410393829820272645?s=19

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

okay this ice cream thing is really starting to creep me out now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

do these loving assholes do anything besides wander around the white house looking busy and eat ice cream

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mirthless posted:

okay this ice cream thing is really starting to creep me out now

biden likes to drive around in a white van and give neighborhood kids ice cream. i dont see whats wrong with this

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
ICE cream

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

paranoid randroid posted:

do these loving assholes do anything besides wander around the white house looking busy and eat ice cream

it's only been 6 months, do you expect them to do everything all at once? after biden's finished sampling every ice cream shop in america then MAYBE we can get to your precious "free stuff"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
loving stupid dickhead joe biden eats more god drat ice cream in a month than i have in the last five years

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

It's the epstein ice cream so I assume child trafficking is involved

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Wrong thread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/1410572196968271880?s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Biden did/probably still does go around Delaware shops and stiff people routinely on big purchases, and no one ever escalated it because he was Senator/VP.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am sorry to report this, but unfortunately, she twit :(

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Healthcare and infrastructure plz

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Excelzior posted:

of COURSE it's Jeni's

no way, is it really?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Healthcare and infrastructure plz

Sorry, only ice cream and death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

The party wide obsession with one brand of ice cream is more eyebrow raising than anything in the podesta e-mails