Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

thats a good ppoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/sethmoney/status/1410442901147066368

Post show shenanigans including Fuego, -1, and the fate of Cody’s birthday cake

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fuego is over

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The only ones I am excited about seeing in AEW are the IIconics, Ruby, Kalisto and Daniel Bryan. I am iffy on Aleister Black. Originally I was pumped but his weird comments about his character after he left has made me a little weary on him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

i'm going to gatekeep you

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
after last night's main, Sammy needs to march up to Tony and get this Fuego deal done

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Drakkel posted:

what stage of the game is it currently

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

smarxist posted:

after last night's main, Sammy needs to march up to Tony and get this Fuego deal done

The dude gets chants everywhere. AEW is working the fans with their normal aplomb.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew is in stage 3-1. it's got some poo poo in the sky, one of them white platforms you can drop down behind, and chunky gold bricks to break along with their own p-switch. finally there's that tall pipe where if you go in it, there's the number three 'written' in coins. great level

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
blows it out of the water by a country mile

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

what stage of the game is it currently

Dawn of the first day, 6 days remain.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cavauro posted:

aew is in stage 3-1. it's got some poo poo in the sky, one of them white platforms you can drop down behind, and chunky gold bricks to break along with their own p-switch. finally there's that tall pipe where if you go in it, there's the number three 'written' in coins. great level

Do you know how many warp whistles AEW has access to?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hangman is going to kick out of the one-winged angel but lose.

this is where my money is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sounds bad rear end. hangman kicks out of the one winged angel and then kenny holds up 3 fingers at the ref and immediately pins him again and wins the match from that pin.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Oh no did you get caught in a time anomaly and are posting from a year and a half ago???

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
No you see, AEW paired a top talent with a jobber who's there to get beat up and eat the pin, and now the women's division is ruined forever and retroactively has become Always Bad.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm just saying I have reservations about the companies plans for the women's division when they best they can do on the big show before they go on the road is a Vickie Guerrero match.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It wasn't a Vickie Guerrero match ffs, she basically didn't even do anything. It was a Nyla Rose match and Vickie was there because someone not named Nyla had to eat the pin.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It was a match between the champion and her clear challenger with their wacky sidekicks to keep the actual title match as being special.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm surprised at all the love for the IIconics. They seem like cool people and I remember them being pretty entertaining before I quit watching WWE, but I wouldn't call the must-haves or anything.

But hey, maybe I missed out on a lot of good poo poo from them!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
like it's hosed they didn't have a yuka video package like we got in cleveland. and we should have gotten more women's matches and the Young Bucks and Team Taz can get booted onto YouTube.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I honestly thought Britt looked good in that match. Mostly by comparison, but I think Nyla vs. Britt will be good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

I'm just saying I have reservations about the companies plans for the women's division when they best they can do on the big show before they go on the road is a Vickie Guerrero match.

The Nyla/Britt title match is in like 3 weeks. You need some poo poo to build until then. It can't all be throwing cheeseburgers.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

It was a match between the champion and her clear challenger with their wacky sidekicks to keep the actual title match as being special.

yeah, and mostly the point was the post-match beatdown which was pretty dope, Britt loves taking stupid hard bumps

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Drakkel posted:

I don’t think it was the best they could do

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dacap posted:

Of note, the Iconics are guest hosting Renee’s pod this week interviewing Anna Jay and Tay Conti

Even more of note, I'm listening to this now and Anna re-tore her labrum :(

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

karmicknight posted:

In a Heel vs Heel feud that they're doing because the only babyfaces they have put any time into are the one that the champion just beat and the one who doesn't even work there yet. Not saying Britt vs Nyla will be a bad match, but it's the only thing resembling a big match they have cause that's the corner they booked themselves into.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker is being booked because Nyla Rose has a win over her. Yuka Sakazaki is coming to America this month to face Dr. Baker because Yuka Sakazaki beat her. It's kind of clear the Britt Baker story is going to involve her going through and defeating the people who beat her in AEW, and that has to start with Nyla Rose because it is meant to end on Thunder Rosa.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Darby not being allowed to touch Page seems to open up the door for an epic beat down on Sting next week.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

In a Heel vs Heel feud that they're doing because the only babyfaces they have put any time into are the one that the champion just beat and the one who doesn't even work there yet. Not saying Britt vs Nyla will be a bad match, but it's the only thing resembling a big match they have cause that's the corner they booked themselves into.

Just off the top of my head they have at the very least Tay, Kris Stat and Riho as babyfaces they could easily slot into a title program.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ganso Bomb posted:

It can't all be throwing cheeseburgers.

Speak for yourself.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Drakkel posted:

this is pathetic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's a huge overreaction to say aew isn't going to sign any more women or that their mistakes are the true reality while the high points for the division are false and don't mean anything. there needs to be a stronger voice advocating for women and actual focus on them that makes sense in aew for sure but there will be a lot of great moments to come. there will be a lot of everything. will smith killed tupac

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i think it's a huge overreaction to say aew isn't going to sign any more women or that their mistakes are the true reality while the high points for the division are false and don't mean anything. there needs to be a stronger voice advocating for women and actual focus on them that makes sense in aew for sure but there will be a lot of great moments to come. there will be a lot of everything. will smith killed tupac

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker is being booked because Nyla Rose has a win over her. Yuka Sakazaki is coming to America this month to face Dr. Baker because Yuka Sakazaki beat her. It's kind of clear the Britt Baker story is going to involve her going through and defeating the people who beat her in AEW, and that has to start with Nyla Rose because it is meant to end on Thunder Rosa.

The issue is what does Britt do after that? They get a few weeks doing the the Nyla feud, then Yuka is there but they already said she's only in the states through July so at best that feud can only really amount to "Yuka shows up, Britt beats her, Yuka leaves again." That leaves like a full 5 months until Rosa is free to sign with AEW, so what do they do til then?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

will smith killed tupac

C'mon bro everyone knows it was Suge Knight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm surprised at all the love for the IIconics. They seem like cool people and I remember them being pretty entertaining before I quit watching WWE, but I wouldn't call the must-haves or anything.

But hey, maybe I missed out on a lot of good poo poo from them!

Everyone seems to have forgotten, or just not care, that they were absolutely dire in the ring. Funny as gently caress though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Everyone seems to have forgotten, or just not care, that they were absolutely dire in the ring. Funny as gently caress though.

Have faith in Dustin Rhodes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've really come around on Britt as champ in the past couple weeks. When you dont care about the champion, it's really easy to not care about the unceasing women's division discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

The issue is what does Britt do after that? They get a few weeks doing the the Nyla feud, then Yuka is there but they already said she's only in the states through July so at best that feud can only really amount to "Yuka shows up, Britt beats her, Yuka leaves again." That leaves like a full 5 months until Rosa is free to sign with AEW, so what do they do til then?

Build some more challengers? You know, the thing AEW is actually really good at?