Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Shard posted:

God it's Thursday. The post Dynamite discussions are going strong this time.

gonna be a long loving week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thank you all for answering the question perfectly.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Do people who hate intergender wrestling get real mad if Chun Li wins in Street Fighter 2?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dragonshirt posted:

Do people who hate intergender wrestling get real mad if Chun Li wins in Street Fighter 2?

Yes, but only because that's my friend's main and I'm terrible at countering her.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Mr. Squishy posted:

It does not necessarily follow that there will be intergender wrestling in a mixed-tag. For an example, see the only other mixed-tag match in AEW history, where Shaq and Jade defeated Cody and Red Velvet.

I can understand if they don't want intergender wrestling and the Shaq/Jade match showed a way you can do it without getting bogged down too much in forced tag outs. Velvet wanted in the ring when Jade tagged in and Cody let her.

There was also the mixed-tag Dark match with Kenny/Riho vs Penelope/Kip that went 17 minutes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm begging people to watch the show and interact with what they show on screen instead of getting upset about made up rules in your head.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm curious, because the match graphic called it a Mixed Tag Match, but the way Excalibur described it while promoting it said it was the first match of its kind on Dynamite in AEW's history and considering the Jade/Shaq match, I wonder if that actually does mean it will use intergender tag rules

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dragonshirt posted:

For some reason Bryan Alvarez insists the the reason Lucha Underground died is because they had intergender wrestling. Certainly nothing to do with being on a tiny niche network, it's godawful contracts that screwed over the talent, money issues, or the whole weird dispute between AAA and it's US branch that ran LU which is still ongoing today as far as I'm aware.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know when i want to point to intergender wrestling done right, i point to Lucha Underground

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i never got a chance to watch lu

i think at one point i did have el rey network ?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My mom wouldn't let me play Street Fighter 2 because she thought Chun Li being in the game was endorsing violence against women. Tay Conti should be in the main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

I'm curious, because the match graphic called it a Mixed Tag Match, but the way Excalibur described it while promoting it said it was the first match of its kind on Dynamite in AEW's history and considering the Jade/Shaq match, I wonder if that actually does mean it will use intergender tag rules

I think he just forgot that match but somehow remember the Riho/Kenny one when he said Dynamite history rather than AEW history.

Or maybe he means aliens and humans.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dragonshirt posted:

The director of SF2 actually did want Chun Li to have less health than the other characters. I can't remember if this idea was rejected because of other people talking him down or tech limitations, but there you go.

Also I will be bummed if OC/Stat vs Blade/Bunny uses the same rules as Cody/Velvet vs Shaq/Cargill, because I think it's a very stupid and bad ruleset that undermines the entire tag format to begin with.

Anyway, last night's episode was very good. I had to more or less tune out for the weekend Dynamites due to my schedule, and I'm very glad I came back in when I did.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I could easily believe this would be a full intergender rather than just a mixed tag on the basis of all participants having prior experience in intergender matches. But that might just be me thinking that would be fun.

Plus, Orange Cassidy is one of a very small handful of faces who could wrestle an intergender match on TV without it making him look heelish.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its going to be so weird when aew broadcasts from not daily's place. It's become its own character on the show and tearing it away will be horrific.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They said it was their first mixed tag match, a thing they've done before. Read into that how you will.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
AEW Extended Universe is getting retconned and rebooted

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

They said it was their first mixed tag match, a thing they've done before. Read into that how you will.

It was a horrible botch by Excalibur that ruined the entire show and I hope he retires soon cause he keeps making these mistakes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

projecthalaxy posted:

Its going to be so weird when aew broadcasts from not daily's place. It's become its own character on the show

i think this is a great way of putting it

it's gonna be weird for sure

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Daily's Place is a character in Dynamite in the way that New York City was the fifth character in Sex And The City. In this essay I will

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, where will they film the Dark Order skits now that the hangout room is unavailable? These questions demand answers.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The thing Ill miss most about Jacksonville is the extremely strong winds, and how often that would gently caress up a spot somehow. and the sunsets.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Alaois posted:

i know when i want to point to intergender wrestling done right, i point to Chocopro

fixed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea, where will they film the Dark Order skits now that the hangout room is unavailable? These questions demand answers.

I saw this question come up a couple days ago and my answer was to get Dark Order a winnebago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Janitor closet of the building they're running in

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

the Elite trailer Mox and Kingston "crushed" with DARK ORDER spraypainted on it, hitched to Hangman's lawnmower

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

This is a massive problem AEW has. They haven't built up any other locations as a potential hangout room. I can't think of any other possibilities therefore none exist.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

Shaq and Jade vs Cody and Red Velvet was a special exhibition.

This will be the first mixed tag they have done at Road Rager. Get it together, gumball

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The dark order should just hang out in cyberspace. It would be trivial to make an Evil Uno Second Life avatar.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Other arenas might not have a place to drive vehicles directly to the ringside area, which restricts AEW culture

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
let’s discuss better things, like my idea for a heel orange Cassidy to adopt a Carl Brutananadilewski gimmick

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

how about kenny slowmega

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

let’s discuss better things, like my idea for a heel orange Cassidy to adopt a Carl Brutananadilewski gimmick

Not here for this implication that Carl was the heel on that show.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1410696509482422272

Number good

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lets get that number up. nba almost over no more preemptions the million number is calling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Its going to be so weird when aew broadcasts from not daily's place. It's become its own character on the show and tearing it away will be horrific.

This week's BTE is gonna have a goodbye to Daily's theme and it's gonna be real emotional

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGY1J9XTXuw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

.35 demo, both higher than the last Wednesday Dynamite.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

We're back, baby.

I think it would be good for them to consistently be able to have one more women's segment on Dynamite (however Rampage shakes out.) However in a given show it's hard for me to find a segment that I'd easily cut in favor of another women's match, like the simple fact is a lot is going on and every match on the show has something to do with some storyline or another or is key to someone being built up. Like Jungle Boy versus Jack Evans wasn't a major match in itself but it gave JB a clear win to cement his momentum after losing to Omega, and it helps solidify the story with Christian, etc. It's gonna be a challenge and I guess a lot depends on what Rampage ends up being like, is it gonna be like early Smackdown where it's mostly like the main show just not, or will there be more of a contrast in styles, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
0.35 in the demo is really loving good considering they were up against the nba and nhl playoffs