Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

azren posted:

This one might be tricky, but I'd really like to see a VLP of Clock Tower 2 on PS1. Coulis had one for a while, but it vanished with Blip and is gone from Viddler. More comprehensive is ideal, but I realize the game is esoteric as gently caress as well as being really terrible.

Coulis' still exists: https://bd.baldurk.org/lp/170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Holy crap! I didn't see it on the Archive page, so I thought it was gone. Thanks!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, no--why are they problematic? :ohdear:

Just old, early, edgy humor. I know they throw around 'gay' a few times in a derogatory context. I can't recall them ever doing or saying anything truly hateful though, just ironic and edgy stuff that, while probably not coming from a place of genuine hatred, has obviously aged poorly.

Miss them a lot and hope they're all doing well, as others have said. They and Pokecapn and his Posse helped me get through some rough times IRL and laugh even when some rough poo poo was going down in my personal life.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'd like to put in a general request for LP threads from way back that were ruined by the collapse of WaffleImages and never archived. Because they're probably all mostly fixed now.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Fedule posted:

I'd like to put in a general request for LP threads from way back that were ruined by the collapse of WaffleImages and never archived. Because they're probably all mostly fixed now.

Yes! Same! I realize there's probably a lot of poorly aged stuff out there but I'm excited to read some of the really old threads for the first time.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Waffle images undied?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

MythosDragon posted:

Waffle images undied?

No, but also yes, correct.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Looks like there's been a goon restoration project that just made good on their promise.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I was hoping the Phantom Dust LP from aeons past had been hosted on Waffle, but it seems that is not to be.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Off the top of my head, the Digital Devil Saga LP had some dead images despite being archived and thats fixed.
And this Langrisser 2 LP had enough content to be a minimalist LP, and I'm pretty sure it had dead images that are fixed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717646

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Holy fuckin poo poo that waffle images announcement!!!

!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

MythosDragon posted:

Off the top of my head, the Digital Devil Saga LP had some dead images despite being archived and thats fixed.
And this Langrisser 2 LP had enough content to be a minimalist LP, and I'm pretty sure it had dead images that are fixed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717646

There's actually more missing images on the forums copy of the DDS LP than there are on the archived one, given the timeframe I imagine it was archived at a time when waffleimages was mostly up but some of the images were already lost, as was not uncommon at the time.

tbh it's highly unlikely any LP from the period will be perfect but it depends on how distracting from the experience the missing images are

(personally it's killing me how few people knew this was doable with a userscript at any point in the last 5+ years)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 10, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Polsy posted:

There's actually more missing images on the forums copy of the DDS LP than there are on the archived one, given the timeframe I imagine it was archived at a time when waffleimages was mostly up but some of the images were already lost, as was not uncommon at the time.

tbh it's highly unlikely any LP from the period will be perfect but it depends on how distracting from the experience the missing images are

(personally it's killing me how few people knew this was doable with a userscript at any point in the last 5+ years)

If anyone wants to help collate any missing waffleimages from the forums archive that exist in these other e.g. LP archives, we can add them. I'm not really following this thread, so if someone's actually interested in doing that feel free to post in the main waffle announcement thread or we can make a new thread in the technical forum dedicated to coordinating that kind of stuff. There are a bunch of waffleimages in the internet archive, too, but I haven't yet looked into what the overlap with SA's archive looks like and probably won't be able to budget the time for that for a while.

And, yes, I think some people misunderstand that randomwaffle has existed for quite some time.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

astral posted:

If anyone wants to help collate any missing waffleimages from the forums archive that exist in these other e.g. LP archives, we can add them. I'm not really following this thread, so if someone's actually interested in doing that feel free to post in the main waffle announcement thread or we can make a new thread in the technical forum dedicated to coordinating that kind of stuff.

Hmm, this feels scriptable since the LP archiving process is basically

1) download the HTML post(s) from the forums
2) download any images and rename them to include a unique ID number (mainly to avoid filename collisions)

and should be fairly easily reversible as far as mapping the archived image URL to the waffle one. I'll see if I can make anything useful over the weekend probably.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Polsy posted:

Hmm, this feels scriptable since the LP archiving process is basically

1) download the HTML post(s) from the forums
2) download any images and rename them to include a unique ID number (mainly to avoid filename collisions)

and should be fairly easily reversible as far as mapping the archived image URL to the waffle one. I'll see if I can make anything useful over the weekend probably.

That would be amazing; thank you! I'll try to make a separate thread in the technical forum for those sorts of efforts a bit later today.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

astral posted:

That would be amazing; thank you! I'll try to make a separate thread in the technical forum for those sorts of efforts a bit later today.

Thread created: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970420

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

With Waffleimages back, what are some good LPs that are now raised from the dead that I should check out?

Melufa
Aug 14, 2011
Can anyone recommend an informative LP of either the Dragon Age series or one of the newer CRPGs? Something like Pathfinder: Kingmaker or the Divinity series would be great. A chill VLP would be preferred, but I could do an SSLP if that's all there is.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Melufa posted:

Can anyone recommend an informative LP of either the Dragon Age series or one of the newer CRPGs? Something like Pathfinder: Kingmaker or the Divinity series would be great. A chill VLP would be preferred, but I could do an SSLP if that's all there is.

https://lparchive.org/Dragon-Age-Origins/

I can vouch for this, but I strongly prefer SSLPs myself.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Since it's on the bubble and I'd like to see some more non-Sherlock mystery adventure games around, gonna re-up the request for Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thorton Hall.

While I'm here, though it's very new and it should wait a little bit before happening, I'd also love to see someone do an LP of Chicory: A Colorful Tale. It's just an absolutely gorgeous game from the creators of Wondersong and the composer of Celeste and it'd be wonderful to see someone do something with it.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

I know this one is a tall order, but has anyone ever thought to do a fan translation of the Front Mission games that were never localized in the western markets? I love all of them except for Left Alive and want to see and understand them for myself. Maybe others agree?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an informative LP of Dicey Dungeons.

Also, I'm going to re-up this request of mine that's currently on the bubble:

Kheldarn posted:

It appears that Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP. I'd like to request it, no format preference.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Melufa posted:

I LP'd Inquisition. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704300 or https://lparchive.org/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/ if you don't have archives. Dunno about "informative" but it's a pretty comprehensive playthrough and covers all 3 DLC's.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

idk how likely this is to turn anything up since it was unavailable for so long, but is there a decent LP of the horror game Devotion? The only person I know who's played it is John Wolfe, but apparently he wasn't a fan and he can get pretty negative at times, so I haven't watched it. It'd be awesome to watch from the perspective of someone familiar with Taiwanese culture

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

thevoiceofdog streamed it up on his channel a few days ago. Haven't watched it, but his playthroughs are solid and enjoyable as hell.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

thevoiceofdog streamed it up on his channel a few days ago. Haven't watched it, but his playthroughs are solid and enjoyable as hell.

cool, I've heard that name but have never watched their videos. will give it a look when I have time this weekend!

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
I don't know if it's up the alley of most posters but I would love to see an LP of Palais de Reine. (Currently available in English on Steam.)

I tried to play the game and found it a little intimidating with the enormous number of options, few of which are clear about exactly what they do, and looking at guides and wikis only makes me more confused. Some guides insist that you shouldn't worry about screwing up and many endings only happen if you goof around, but I would really like to be able to read a SSLP] playthrough of the game and get some idea WTF is going on before tackling it again myself.

Fairlyn
Oct 20, 2010
I'm looking for an old VLP
a group lp of different old Dos games.
a video per game.
not the advergames one in the LP archive.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Putting in a request for Cthulhu Saves Christmas- it's a prequel to Cthulhu Saves The World which is already on the archive. I tried playing it myself but the developers decided to completely change how the gameplay works from CSTW.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I enjoy having LP videos playing on a spare monitor when I'm working, usually laid-back colony builder type games (Surviving Mars and Frostpunk, notably). What doesn't help me relax is watching LPers flail around making stupid decisions and being confused because they didn't read what the tooltop just told them, or ignore the flashing notification, or have the attention span of a squirrel on meth and forget what they were about to do and leave a task uncompleted for a whole video.

Anyone have some suggestions for LPers (or just some notable LPs) for these kinds of games who aren't dumb? YouTube for preference, I don't want to bother messing with livestreams.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

if you like 4X games, SB is good at Endless Legend, explains his choices decently, and is also a good dude who i can happily recommend

personally i prefer watching him play stuff he's only mostly familiar with because when he figures out a good build/combo/whatever it's a lot of fun to watch him enjoy it

(his diplomacy deck for Smith in Griftlands is a great example of that)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I enjoy having LP videos playing on a spare monitor when I'm working, usually laid-back colony builder type games (Surviving Mars and Frostpunk, notably). What doesn't help me relax is watching LPers flail around making stupid decisions and being confused because they didn't read what the tooltop just told them, or ignore the flashing notification, or have the attention span of a squirrel on meth and forget what they were about to do and leave a task uncompleted for a whole video.

Anyone have some suggestions for LPers (or just some notable LPs) for these kinds of games who aren't dumb? YouTube for preference, I don't want to bother messing with livestreams.

If you're in the mood for Paradox games, A Raving Loon archives all his streams on YT.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Seconding SB. DDR Jake has great Frostpunk, EUIV and CKIII series, as well.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

https://www.youtube.com/user/itsmu

Mu is probably my favourite chill streamer. Dominions and Rimworld mostly, sometimes posts duck videos, nice person, and he's been getting into doing more elaborate video editing lately which contributes to his videos being even more fun.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Is there a good let's play of the Demon's Soul's remake?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Thanks folks, I'll check those out.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I will have the affrontery to note that in the early days of my channel I did a Frostpunk LP shortly after launch which I think fits this description, although I'll let others assess my intellect or lack thereof :). Due to when it was recorded, it does not have all the more recent changes and bells and whistles, and some of what I did there (particularly as it relates to hunting) would not fly now due to changes that have been patched in since. I think the more recent Dawn of Man and Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom also fit the laid-back city-builder vibe, though they do have somewhat of a more historical focus which may or may not interest you.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got a good Nioh or Nioh 2 lp. Preferably with more than one commentator?

Only one in the archive is Highwang's one that didn't get far.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone got a good Nioh or Nioh 2 lp. Preferably with more than one commentator?

Only one in the archive is Highwang's one that didn't get far.

TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye did Nioh 1 all the way through, and are working on putting out Nioh 2 eventually

nioh playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9cR63PgdMh1RLiXeo9FZS2GEDGR8kl-G

the thread exists somewhere but i don't feel like looking for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

biosterous posted:

TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye did Nioh 1 all the way through, and are working on putting out Nioh 2 eventually

nioh playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9cR63PgdMh1RLiXeo9FZS2GEDGR8kl-G

the thread exists somewhere but i don't feel like looking for it

Cheers mate.