Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

that looks pretty good but it's going to be a bitch to keep it quiet if you have pain-in-the-rear end neighbors

also should probably look into some foam or cheap black "blanket" things that furniture movers use

I致e always gone overboard and never worried about it. I actually just met the neighbors yesterday, went over there and drank on their deck. They seem like they are gonna be cool as long as I知 not going at like 2am. Apparently all the neighbors get together and drink on each other痴 decks and bullshit/listen to music. I may have a built in audience if I play it right. They were jamming little feat so I think I知 in.

I had a smaller house in Indiana and 2 drum sets in the basement and we never got the cops called on us. Hopefully we get lucky again, but you never know.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bethamphetamine posted:

Salt and Vinegar, freeze overnight.

Its neurotoxin better be delicious or get me high.

thinking about fried flatworm

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zisky posted:

Harton are you planning on having karaoke nights?

yes, I used to do an open mic on my daughter痴 birthday on the deck. Have bunch of people coming by and just playing music all day.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Harton posted:

yes, I used to do an open mic on my daughter’s birthday on the deck. Have bunch of people coming by and just playing music all day.

Can I do an eagles song?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lumpentroll posted:

harton do you own a jet ski

not yet

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zisky posted:

Can I do an eagles song?

I壇 be mad if you didn稚

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I can稚 stop eating our babie痴 Sesame Street branded peanut butter puffs.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is this the place?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

another good av. great success again

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
oh hey Harton here's a tip: set up an ebay search for Roland KC-150 or KC-350 keyboard amps. They're built like absolute tanks and you can find perfectly good used ones for way, way less than new (the new price is not unreasonable but they're expensive).

We've got 2 350s and 1 150 and they've survived years of abuse and spilled coke and stuff and they still work.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Harton posted:

jam room is taking shape, good soup! has been a no-show though.

looks like a nice time, congrats

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

I can稚 stop eating our babie痴 Sesame Street branded peanut butter puffs.
I bought some british peanut butter puffs from the store for the first time today and they're surprisingly good

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DryGoods posted:

another good av. great success again

why are you buying people alec eiffel's face as an avatar?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

euphronius posted:

this would be a good room for you know what

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pamela Springstein posted:

is this the place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69G9eQCVp2k

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Pamela Springstein posted:

is this the place?

ahh haa I got plenty of time
Hii yaa you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up and say goodnight... say goodnight

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Harton posted:

I致e always gone overboard and never worried about it. I actually just met the neighbors yesterday, went over there and drank on their deck. They seem like they are gonna be cool as long as I知 not going at like 2am. Apparently all the neighbors get together and drink on each other痴 decks and bullshit/listen to music. I may have a built in audience if I play it right. They were jamming little feat so I think I知 in.

I had a smaller house in Indiana and 2 drum sets in the basement and we never got the cops called on us. Hopefully we get lucky again, but you never know.

The "moving blanket" idea was more for deadening the room by hanging them on walls than neighbors; windows are your main problem with sound getting outside.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

oh hey Harton here's a tip: set up an ebay search for Roland KC-150 or KC-350 keyboard amps. They're built like absolute tanks and you can find perfectly good used ones for way, way less than new (the new price is not unreasonable but they're expensive).

We've got 2 350s and 1 150 and they've survived years of abuse and spilled coke and stuff and they still work.

I will look out for one

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Harton posted:

ahh haa I got plenty of time
Hii yaa you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up and say goodnight... say goodnight

This loving song will never be unstuck from my head.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Bulgakov posted:

looks like a nice time, congrats

thanks! now someone has to come jam with me!

ARF YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME!!!!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

New schnorkles just dropped

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

emfive posted:

I don't think spilled powder does much damage to electronics.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

too spooky it isn't halloween season yet!!!!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

prsident

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

The "moving blanket" idea was more for deadening the room by hanging them on walls than neighbors; windows are your main problem with sound getting outside.

yeah I need to get a bunch of studio foam but it too expensive for what it is. I
need floor monitors first lol. One of the guitar players in the old band had 2 monitors we used live and it was real nice. gonna miss them for sure.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

until she is locked up i remain on edge

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
what's a good resting heart rate, I just did mine and it was 65

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I値l miss the monitors more than I値l miss the guitar player lol!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ex post facho posted:

4 bpm too slow

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

tom bombadil bitch

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grey Fox posted:

I bought some british peanut butter puffs from the store for the first time today and they're surprisingly good

huh I値l look for those. These baby sized bags of snacks are too small.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Harton reminds me of a dude I knew who kept a minibike in his living room and would ride down the apartment complex hallway/common area hooting n hollaring while drinking, he was also underwater on a 6 cylinder ford mustang and liked to buy stuff like dj tables and guitars just to make noise with, he was a good dude but goofy as hell and his catchphrase was calling everything "mega tasty" similar to "poofing beefers"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Harton posted:

yeah I need to get a bunch of studio foam but it too expensive for what it is. I
need floor monitors first lol. One of the guitar players in the old band had 2 monitors we used live and it was real nice. gonna miss them for sure.

you can probably find those used too, they're built for guitarists to jump on top of so they're usually pretty durable. We've never had any though.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ex post facho posted:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Harton reminds me of a dude I knew who kept a minibike in his living room and would ride down the apartment complex hallway/common area hooting n hollaring while drinking, he was also underwater on a 6 cylinder ford mustang and liked to buy stuff like dj tables and guitars just to make noise with, he was a good dude but goofy as hell

you knew the young Baloogan, cool

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

ex post facho posted:

I vaguely remember learning that it was 80 when I was in the 5th grade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

emfive posted:

you knew the young Baloogan, cool