Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

man, why bother retiring at all? you can play two games of golf per diem while daydrinking without leaving your job at the most important and beloved lawmaker in the democratic party

why make laws when I can play golf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

His Purple Majesty posted:

What happens when you win an election and still lose in that areas you said you'd fix?

it means your a model democrat

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

more evidence that Congress is just a retirement home

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

NYG freak Real Estate 🏡 👩‍🚒 http://paradigmprops.com

https://twitter.com/henrynathanmia/status/1408555001513926666

peep those @s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it'd be funny if someone beat the poo poo out of him with a golf club, which of course is a reference to the hit video game grand theft auto and not at all a threat or desire to see a congressman just wailed on with a putter

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

glad to see he does no work

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

haha, "open door policy." does she believe this or is she just saying it?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bedpan posted:

All bosses have an open door policy, you come in, then they close it behind you and then you pack your things.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nichael posted:

glad to see he does no work

not true. he solicits donations from lobbyists while golfing.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

really queer Christmas posted:

All bosses have an open door policy, you come in, then they close it behind you

that's the Matt Lauer open door policy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1410690548441231360

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

bedpan posted:

democrats are definitely the party that represents the HR class of capital

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Nastier Nate posted:

that's the Matt Lauer open door policy

:eyepop:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

democrats are definitely the party that represents the HR class of capital

:hmmyes:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It was also 2005 when he made the deal, remember, and as difficult as it may be now to get rape charges pressed against a rich celebrity now, it was even harder in 2005, before metoo, and the cultural changes related to it, especially in cases where the victim didn't report the rape. To be charitable to Castor, he might have figured there was no way he could have gotten a conviction, and by making this deal with Cosby, and wanted to see Costand get justice in the civil courts, at least.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

good god

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1410695047486529539

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is sounds like a quote from an Ancien Régime aristocrat

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

it is one

tip is a dumb name

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Soviet Central Committee near the end of the Soviet Union was considered a bunch of ancient jokes well past their prime and totally out of touch, and they were all like ... 71.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Oh no you misunderstood, when we talked about hostile work/life environments for minorities/genders, we didn't mean make them better. We meant provide more access to these spaces to be run by those minorities/genders.

~identity politics~

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh no you misunderstood, when we talked about hostile work/life environments for minorities/genders, we didn't mean make them better. We meant provide more access to these spaces to be run by those minorities/genders.

~identity politics~

*throws stapler at your head*

Ohhhhhhh, I see so when a WHITE MAN throws a stapler at your head, he's a hard-nosed go-getter, but when I do it, I'm abusive.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I can't believe idpol is being cynically weaponized :ohdear:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

I can't believe idpol is being cynically weaponized :ohdear:

this is the one thing we didn't want to happen

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it doesn't matter if breyer retires or not it wouldn't change the composition of the courts

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Hey since the geriatric congress has no intentions of quitting before keeling over, can instead I quit working and collect someone's retirement bucks?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

spacemang_spliff posted:

it doesn't matter if breyer retires or not it wouldn't change the composition of the courts

It would prevent the court from slipping further into reactionary hell and maybe enable the conservative balance to get overturned sometime in the next 30 years

but its likely at this point that the court is beyond saving without massive packing and / or the other two branches of government cracking the whip before it dred scotts us into oblivion

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the supreme court will get restructured around the same time as the other branches of government, and hopefully at the molecular level

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just lmao at the zoomers and millennials and that think this leadership is interested in their concerns or even has any remote conception of what they could be.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
Speaking of courts…

https://twitter.com/tomiahonen/status/1410694049896488961?s=21

Lol that supposed legal experts and pundits think that Trump is actually going to be prosecuted.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the supreme court will get restructured around the same time as the other branches of government, and hopefully at the molecular level

:haibrow:

nopants
May 29, 2004

#girlboss

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

why not say that though? normal people do not know what "centering" means and it makes you sound like a spiritual conman.

there's an intrinsic need to word everything like a faux intellectual and peppering everything with academic gibberish but most importantly:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

because that's how the people they want donations from talk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Biden doesnt have the balls to arrest trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/snazzeo/status/1410697037402750977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's going to rule when the khive candidate loses.