Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Captain Gordon posted:

In the client, turn off automatic server selection and manually tick every server under 100-120ms.

I was able to cut down 10+minute matching times to 2-3 or so.

Already had this done before the wipe. I was trying to play with friends yesterday and only managed to make it into two raids after waiting 15+ mins each time.

Jank rear end broken servers getting ddosed by the player base just trying to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Phobeste posted:

These dumb asses have totally hosed their server design and it is very annoying, to me. How do you have load issues the first day of a wipe the same way it has been happening for like five years

yesterday i had 7+ mins of loading time to get into my first customs map. so ridiculous

here's a pointer i'm trying out that apparently fixes it(??) - in the launcher, click change server and manually check all the servers that have decent ping. using auto i guess focuses on only one or a few servers and slows everything down

e- i cant read, but glad others already know about this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
glad the people who have apparently just discovered online games and are shocked devs dont overprovision servers for the 2 weeks after a major launch/update are here too

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Stux posted:

glad the people who have apparently just discovered online games and are shocked devs dont overprovision servers for the 2 weeks after a major launch/update are here too

the bad developer apologist has logged on boys

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

Lmfao "just discovered online games"

If they have server capacity problems they should increase them, it's that simple. If their jank rear end matchmaking system/servers can't handle the entire current player base it needs to be fixed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
if the servers have no issue 99% of the time they wont increase them, this has happened in close to every online game like this for a long time, even wow and ff14 still have queues and congestion with new expansions that goes away after a week or two. but also ive been having literally 0 problems and this is easily the most stable post wipe :D

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Stux posted:

I've been lurking in this thread considering picking this game up - I just want to say you are a terrible poster and make every page a chore to read.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

I've been lurking in this thread considering picking this game up - I just want to say you are a terrible poster and make every page a chore to read.

I've been playing again and I will say - this is defs the time to pick it up, and while I don't like the most recent changes the game is still extremely good.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Captain Gordon posted:

In the client, turn off automatic server selection and manually tick every server under 100-120ms.

I was able to cut down 10+minute matching times to 2-3 or so.
Opposite advice: turn off every server under 100ms so you can peek and kill people before they can even fight back. Lots of streamers abuse the hell out of this. I suppose if you want to try to play angles you should queue on the lowest ping server.

I don't think server latency matters. I can queue into a 130ms server in 3 mins or less. I can queue into a 12ms server in 3 mins or less.

The only thing that matters for matchmaking time is the expected wait time. There are certain servers that are way less popular than others. One advantage to this if you want games with fewer players you can select servers that have a >=40s queue time. You'll have to wait 10-15 minutes for a game, but there will be a most 2 other pmcs most of the time. Another advantage is if you want servers loaded with players you can pick servers that have a very low queue time and from queue->playing is only a few minutes.

eeme
Oct 31, 2007

Whatever. Let's go get tacos.

This was the only extraction available for me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

why would i care lol

eeme posted:

This was the only extraction available for me

:sickos:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
loving da early wipe shotguns

https://i.imgur.com/WGSZE5P.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/PKvi5F9.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Magnum buck don't give a gently caress. I wonder if it works well on the Tax Man™ given he has a metric gently caress ton of face and body armor (for this stage of the wipe).

Anyone find out how to get the factory exit by the medical tents to work? I thought it was the area right behind them, but nothing happened.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
only thing the wiki has on that extract is it needs a factory key. havnt been to it yet but i guess its a door nearby

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

only thing the wiki has on that extract is it needs a factory key. havnt been to it yet but i guess its a door nearby

Makes sense, slightly disappointing but in a way I suppose it does make it a little bit harder/less worth while for spawn campers on factory.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

guys we're never going to escape from Tarkov if we keep fighting like this!!!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

guys we're never going to escape from Tarkov if we keep fighting like this!!!

never have, never will

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Maybe the real escape is the Tarkov we made along the way.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It's not the Tarkov that counts. It's the loot we found.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Everybody always asks how is Tarkov but nobody ever asks why is Tarkov.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
The karma system is hot trash.

I got jumped by some degenerate pscav in factory after wiggling while i had a bag full of bolts, had to kill him in self defence, -0.02 rep. Ok cool.

Except now every factory scav aggroed. Long story short, after a classic factory scav massacre i have 0.02 rep left with Fence, which means

1) less extractions
2) bad gear
3) more jams
4) 1 scav kill away from being tagged and cursed

Great loving system. Simply loving amazing.

Edit: they want this poo poo for pmcs too, eventually. Great loving idea - hows that going to work on servers that have 70% usecs? Jesus christ.

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 1, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
lol

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Been having a good time, friends :)

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

I got jumped by some degenerate pscav in factory after wiggling while i had a bag full of bolts, had to kill him in self defence, -0.02 rep. Ok cool.

Except now every factory scav aggroed. Long story short, after a classic factory scav massacre i have 0.02 rep left with Fence, which means

1) less extractions
2) bad gear
3) more jams

Edit: they want this poo poo for pmcs too, eventually. Great loving idea - hows that going to work on servers that have 70% usecs? Jesus christ.

Pretty sure that's a bug.

I am one of those degenerate pscavs. Is there a guide anywhere of how the new karma system works? already at -0.06 i think

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I am one of those degenerate pscavs. Is there a guide anywhere of how the new karma system works? already at -0.06 i think

I think the only way to increase it is to kill pmcs and maybe making sure the boss isn't killed?
Also I think extracting with a PMC boosts it

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

1) less extractions
2) bad gear
3) more jams

It's almost as if the implementation of scav karma isn't the final version

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hello internet posted:

It's almost as if the implementation of scav karma isn't the final version

yeah but it does seem pretty questionable on a conceptual level - like the weight system was hugely hosed up when they added it, but it was fundamentally workable with just tweaks to specific numbers

I'm not nearly as sanguine about that being the case here

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

LGD posted:

yeah but it does seem pretty questionable on a conceptual level - like the weight system was hugely hosed up when they added it, but it was fundamentally workable with just tweaks to specific numbers

Something as simple as somehow factoring in shots that are aimed at you into karma fixes the biggest issues people have.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

hello internet posted:

Something as simple as somehow factoring in shots that are aimed at you into karma fixes the biggest issues people have.

That seems really tough to do but maybe an experienced coder, of which this thread seems to have several, knows better. If you were to be hit by a bullet, sure that registers back to someone. Isolating who is aiming at you seems to be harder and maybe out of the devs at BSGs level. If they just do it via shots that hit, queue assholes that poo poo around your hitbox so you kill them and lose karma, because I assure you those kind of people exist.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

quote:

Fence reputation. Being the representation of Scav karma. Now players can lose reputation by killing non-hostile scavs and gain it by helping scavs and scav bosses to kill their enemy. You can also gain Fence reputation by using “a friendly scav” exfil or by using car exfil.

Seems like car extracts are the way to go

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Patch notes are out!

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/153825-012110-patch-notes/

Nikita posted:

Fence reputation. Being the representation of Scav karma. Now players can lose reputation by killing non-hostile scavs and gain it by helping scavs and scav bosses to kill their enemy. You can also gain Fence reputation by using “a friendly scav” exfil or by using car exfil.

What Fence reputation level will affect:
Player-scav cooldown, scavbox “craft” time, amount of exfils for the player-scav, car extract fee, player-scav kit, and the prices when selling items to Fence.
The higher Fence reputation is - the more often AI-scavs will agree to help player-scav and respond to his commands (Follow, hold position). With very low reputation AI scavs will attack player-scav. With very high levels of reputation AI-scavs will help by attacking player-scavs’ enemies, and bosses will be considered allies.
Players will be able to purchase uninsured items lost by other players by reaching Fence’s max loyalty level.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I love that in this game about survival and existing within a cut-off, war torn countryside, there exists a small team of Russian gig economy entrepreneurs still willing to drive for Lyft. Lyft mind you; all the Uber drivers got out early and unionized.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I love that in this game about survival and existing within a cut-off, war torn countryside, there exists a small team of Russian gig economy entrepreneurs still willing to drive for Lyft. Lyft mind you; all the Uber drivers got out early and unionized.

Norvinsk never passed prop 22

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

LGD posted:

Absolutely this. I have no idea, even at a barebones conceptual level, how this system could work in a game where TTK is fractions of a second and engagements are defined by who sees/fires first.

If you take time to "confirm" your target, you might lose the shot or the engagement. Not to mention, that a scav could eat a PMC and become completely indistinguishable from a usec or a bear aside from voice lines.

If I dont confirm the target, I am punished by bullshit metagame systems that literally magically breaks my guns.

This just doesnt seem fun.

edit: I am bitching alot about the karma system, but I am actually really enjoying everything else about this patch so far.

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 1, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i mean the system will work itself out very quickly as all the pscavs who go around killing other scavs become kos by the ai even on scav runs lol

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

i mean the system will work itself out very quickly as all the pscavs who go around killing other scavs become kos by the ai even on scav runs lol

Yeah punishing the scav timer would help a lot too, if it takes them like 45+ mins or some insane time to spawn as scav with trash loadout most of those players will just migrate to PMC full time.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

A player scav leading around a large group of AI scavs would be hilarious and awesome

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Aren't Scavs supposed to be civillian SCAVengers? from a role playing POV you probably shouldn't be engaging heavily geared soldiers

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShowTime posted:

That seems really tough to do but maybe an experienced coder, of which this thread seems to have several, knows better. If you were to be hit by a bullet, sure that registers back to someone. Isolating who is aiming at you seems to be harder and maybe out of the devs at BSGs level. If they just do it via shots that hit, queue assholes that poo poo around your hitbox so you kill them and lose karma, because I assure you those kind of people exist.

They already have this tech with AI scavs shooting you if you engage another player scav first, so it shouldn't (shouldn't being shaky with BSG) be that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aren't Scavs supposed to be civillian SCAVengers? from a role playing POV you probably shouldn't be engaging heavily geared soldiers

They are but they're also civilians who are sick of everyone elses poo poo and want them to just gently caress off out of their neighborhoods.