Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Phy posted:

When I watched it in the 90s I never realized just how good of a casting choice David Hyde Pierce was as Frasier's brother

Cheers Frasier even in mannerisms more resembles Niles than Frasier Frasier. He never wipes himself down but little things like how he acts when he’s shocked or upset are eventually taken out of fraisers performance but come back for niles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Phy posted:

When I watched it in the 90s I never realized just how good of a casting choice David Hyde Pierce was as Frasier's brother

It's pretty wild. Seeing this you get a sense of the toll Kelsey had taken on himself by the time Frasier started, in S1 he's alternating between coke-thin and coke bloat.

okiedoke
Aug 24, 2008

I am the Doke to the Okie
Sherry, Niles?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Phy posted:

Boy, he looks just like you used to... whatever happened, huh?

Wasn't exactly a health club you were running there, Sam

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

quote:

What many fans of Kelsey’s are anticipating most is the recently announced Frasier revival coming to Paramount Plus. Kelsey calls this upcoming project the third act for his incredibly long-running television character Dr. Frasier Crane. He originated the role in 1984 on Cheers through the show’s finale in May 1993, which was followed quickly by spinoff series Frasier premiering in September 1993 and going on for 11 award-winning seasons, including four Emmys for Kelsey’s lead actor performance in a comedy series. When teasing some details on the revival, Kelsey says of his timeless character, “There’s going to be some nuances that are different, but of course it will be the same basic guy. We’ve got a script and we’re doing a polish on it.”

Kelsey’s former Frasier co-stars include David Hyde Pierce, John Mahoney, Peri Gilpin and Jane Leeves. John, who played Frasier’s witty father on the show, passed away in 2018 at the age of 77. As for the rest of the cast, Kelsey reveals that the wheels are in motion for a happy, on-screen reunion. “We’re doing our best to woo all the actors back and we have a couple things in mind there and I think it’s looking pretty good!” Kelsey even leaves open the possibility of more comedic banter with the character of Lilith, played by Bebe Neuwirth from both the Cheers and Frasier eras, as Dr. Crane’s dry-humored ex-wife. “I’m sure if Bebe wants to grace us with her presence, we’d love to have her do a couple shows, I’m sure,” says Kelsey.

When asked about how his character’s well-known radio hosting scenes might adapt with the advances in technology and the rise of podcasts over the past 17 years since Frasier’s series finale in 2004, Kelsey says, “There is some discussion about that in the script actually, so we shall see. He’s got a whole, sort of a new backstory because of the absence, the time span when he has been gone. There are several things we are going to catch up with that he went through during that decade and a half or so. Podcast may be in his future, I don’t know. There may be a podcast about the show that is in my future, I don’t know. We are talking about it.”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That must be a pretty amazing script, it's super exciting despite them not knowing who's going to be in it or what it's going to be about

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's going to be the same basic show, except Frasier and Niles will be traveling around in a van solving mysteries.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's going to be the same basic show, except Frasier and Niles will be traveling around in a van solving mysteries.
I'd watch that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I want to be optimistic but I give it one season.

Just pull a Murphy Brown and make this Season 12.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

did anyone else read grammar's lines in that with frasier's vocal affectations in their head

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sagacity posted:

I'd watch that.

And now I also really, really want to see a crossover with Scooby-Doo.

While trying to narrow down suspects, Maris comes up, and they have to admit they never really can rule her out

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Frasier's ambivalence about ad reads is put to the test when his new podcast is sponsored by boner pills and unscrupulous online betting sites

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"And listeners... take it from Dr. Frasier Crane... when I say Gorilla Max BrainForce not *only* gives you the mental capacity of TWO Yale graduates, it also makes your libido the toast of the town."

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

Frasier's ambivalence about ad reads is put to the test when his new podcast is sponsored by boner pills and unscrupulous online betting sites

Saying "Mack Weldon" like "Cam Winston"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Have there ever been Frasier vocal impersonators or is Kelsey's voice just too unique?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He should found a school to coach the next generation of Frasier imitators.

A Grammer School, if you will

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

frasier deals with his most challenging patient yet

a coked out kelsey grammer

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

New series should just be adventures of Captain Morgan Bateson

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NO REBOOT!

oldpainless posted:

Frasier had found his fathers old service pistol weeks ago and Martin still didn’t seem to know it was gone. 25 long years they had lived together and frasier finally accepted that he would never be rid of his father. Roz had switched careers long ago and who could blame her? Radio was a dead media unless you had a national show and call in psychiatry was never going to bring in the numbers the accountants wanted. Perhaps if Bebe were still around she could have done something but she had died of a massive heart attack long ago to no ones surprise. Niles and daphne gone to London years back and the two phone calls a year between the two brothers were perfunctory at best now. Frasier smiles as he thinks of the years when they were all together in Seattle. The dinner parties, the wine clubs, the opera. How important it had all seemed then! To be known as the creme de la creme of the Seattle social scene was all he had wanted. True, it never went as planned but they always bounced back and supported each other. But now they were all gone. Kenny, Gil, Bulldog. Everyone moved forward but somehow Frasier stood still, he and Martin still roommates somehow. Even Eddie had passed, gone to bed one night fat and happy and just never woke back up. Martin had never recovered and now the two of them were alive but they didn’t really live anymore. Hadn’t for a long time to be honest. Frasier heard his dad call from his chair in the living room. Of course the one thing to stand the test of time was the chair. Martin was asking if they were going to dukes for dinner. I’ve been calling you for ten minutes frasier aren’t you listening?

“Yes Dad,” frasier replied as he loaded two bullets into the pistol. “I’m listening.”

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
I’m hoping that Niles’ fans can appreciate my new license plate combination

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

hard counter posted:

frasier deals with his most challenging patient yet

a coked out kelsey grammer

A lesser show would've had Kelsey Grammer doing a guest voice as a caller on the episode where Niles hosts Frasier's program. I'd bet one of my kidneys someone proposed that idea

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Serrath posted:

I’m hoping that Niles’ fans can appreciate my new license plate combination

Brave of you to promote the epidemic that is erectile dysfunction.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

FilthyImp posted:

"And listeners... take it from Dr. Frasier Crane... when I say Gorilla Max BrainForce not *only* gives you the mental capacity of TWO Yale graduates, it also makes your libido the toast of the town."

Off-air:
Roz: "Frasier, you know full well those sugar pills don't do anything. What happened to your ethical standard?"
Frasier: "Oh, Roz, do you really think that if I believed in it, I'd have compared it to the safety school of the Ivy League?"

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

A lesser show would've had Kelsey Grammer doing a guest voice as a caller on the episode where Niles hosts Frasier's program. I'd bet one of my kidneys someone proposed that idea

honestly not hard to believe, frasier has unique vocal affectations that make the character sound pretty different from kelsey grammer

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

Off-air:
Roz: "Frasier, you know full well those sugar pills don't do anything. What happened to your ethical standard?"
Frasier: "Oh, Roz, do you really think that if I believed in it, I'd have compared it to the safety school of the Ivy League?"

Its almost terrifying how readily I can summon these lines in my head in the characters' actual voices, as if I'd heard them before.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

use commas. otherwise you type like this. some sentences are too long others are too short. the majority of the text is devoted to clearing out most of the cast and deflating frasier. there needs to be more wit in the text to make more enjoyable to read than a shopping list.

4/10

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Its almost terrifying how readily I can summon these lines in my head in the characters' actual voices, as if I'd heard them before.

Plus laugh track

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

codo27 posted:

Yup, the characters are so established that when I wrote what is basically a joke post, I spent more time writing it than I should have because I kept imagining, "Hmm, how would Frasier say this?" in my head.

Phy posted:

Plus laugh track

This is also scarily accurate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sideshow Bob calls into Frasier's show.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Who would be your ideal actors for a reboot??

I'd say
Travis Fimmel as Frasier
Tom Holland as Niles
Paul Giamatti as Martin
Aisling Francosi as Daphne
Iliza Schlesinger as Roz
Olivia Colman as Gertrude Moon
Andy Daly as Gil
Danny McBride as Bulldog

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 2, 2021

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Devin Richards as Frasier
Eugene Osborne Smith as Martin
Destan Owens as Niles

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Andy Serkis as Eddie

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

nobody as Gertrude Moon

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Travis Fimmel as Frasier

If and only if he continues Ragnar's habit of holding a baby goat whenever practical

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Lumbering Pleasure Dinosaur as Frasier

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Hello Frasierthread...it's been too long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfpRVg3c3V0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, that's cursed. Though I can't help but think the outfits look like an offbrand Power Rangers season.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

frasier and niles as bumbling holmes-ian detectives. no, wait! they're competing: frasier's watson is roz, and niles's watson is daphne. roz uses her ~*feminine charms*~ to attempt to get information out of suspects (usually getting distracted and laid), while daphne uses her psychic powers which often lead them to find evidence for crimes unrelated to the case they're working on.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

season finale: frasier and niles spend the entire episode trying to pin bulldog for various sex crimes. totally ineffectual.

then at the end lilith swoops down and reveals he was - what else? - running an off-track betting ring all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol id watch that