Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is there some particular reason they had to detonate all 5000 pounds in one go, or was it just a "let's throw it all in at once and see what happens :munch:" thing?

Probably either
A.) Fireworks are fairly 'harmless' and this is good bomb disposal practice
B.) We need to justify our insane budget somehow

Or a combo of A+B.

Hell of a 'not what to do' teaching moment.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is there some particular reason they had to detonate all 5000 pounds in one go, or was it just a "let's throw it all in at once and see what happens :munch:" thing?

I think the police claim is that it was 10 pounds for a 15 pounds rated explodotron, which the manufacturer actually rated at 8 pounds of TNT, or some such stupid bullshit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's cops. They did it wrong and dangerously and hosed up massively and innocent people got hurt then they lied about it and will continue to lie about it. It's called an MO.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Memento posted:

honestly how could they do better, it's not like their budget is two billion dollars a year or anything

*holds finger to earpiece*

folks, you're not going to believe the information I've just received

You're right, that budget is too low. If only there were some large piece of equipment that could publicly fail in order to justify raising that budget even higher in their next hearing

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Six of the 17 injured are civilians and the guy who owned the fireworks will be in trouble for all of the injuries.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

freeedr posted:

Six of the 17 injured are civilians and the guy who owned the fireworks will be in trouble for all of the injuries.

that's not very funny pictures at all

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

freeedr posted:

So ten injured cops don't get in trouble for anything huh

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yellow Yoshi posted:

So ten injured cops don't get in trouble for anything huh

:911:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jokes on them, ive dedicated my life to being a fat boring piece of poo poo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The cops claimed they went off accidentally but also gave a countdown to reporters so who know who is obviously lying to cover their rear end???

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Inzombiac posted:

The cops claimed they went off accidentally but also gave a countdown to reporters so who know who is obviously lying to cover their rear end???

Cops are some shameless liars. "You see that guy who got headshotted, well my gun got scared and went off, and you know its a crime to scare a cops gun, so we put his headless corpse on the hood and drove it around town so others would know their rights. Anyway just pay the family with tax dollars and give me my god given 2 weeks paid vacation"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cops are some shameless liars. "You see that guy who got headshotted, well my gun got scared and went off, and you know its a crime to scare a cops gun, so we put his headless corpse on the hood and drove it around town so others would know their rights. Anyway just pay the family with tax dollars and give me my god given 2 weeks paid vacation"

That's paid administrative leave. I doubt it cuts into vacation days.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMM5-zBCEc

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
:imunfunny:

https://twitter.com/eliothiggins/status/1410337106635984899?s=21

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lol wasn't that Martin Random?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I choose to believe every single word of those posts
:colbert:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gbut posted:

I think the police claim is that it was 10 pounds for a 15 pounds rated explodotron, which the manufacturer actually rated at 8 pounds of TNT, or some such stupid bullshit.

It’s rated for 8kg.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

Lol wasn't that Martin Random?

correct, who also told the poo poo lasagna story along with many others. what a crazy life he had

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

correct, who also told the poo poo lasagna story along with many others. what a crazy life he had

The scaxophone and "fecal lasagna" will always live on, in our hearts.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

MarcusSA posted:

It’s rated for 8kg.

Clearly the metric system is to blame.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Omnitrix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3BHuxCFz8

Eddie Vedder realized he had three closets in his house connected and ripped out the floors and put in a fire pole.

Eddie casually mentioning at 5:06 that he hangs out with Ian MacKaye of Fugazi has warmed this cold dead Gen-Xer's heart thank you

kiimo has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jul 1, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Speaking of people who make poo poo up, what happened to 50 Foot Ant?

His "medical horror" story was an all-time even though he oversold it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Jake_Menez/status/1410625073807970304?s=20

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Clearly we should have computer rats instead of mouses

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Nietzsche: Ich will die macht

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/rPX9ZDU.mp4

"we need to get this camel off the highway, but I don't want to try to lead it off, they're mean as hell"

"hmm"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I enjoy that camels also do the geese thing where they stick their neck down and run at you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There's this kind of cartoon quality to the video. I love it, as I love anyone who takes the time to help animals, but also as film.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's this kind of cartoon quality to the video. I love it, as I love anyone who takes the time to help animals, but also as film.

When he girds his loins at the start, his robe falling down as he runs, the noises the baby camel makes. You're right, it's like a cartoon.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Spinning around and putting baby between him and mom is a pro move. He's definitely wrangled camels before.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

Kinda looks like Samus Aran.

The last Jolene is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Sometimes a birb needs a little help.

https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/1384612516332965889

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The joke likely isn't just that, but the original cartoons have both share the same voice actor, doing pretty much the same voice (plus/minus an electronic filter) and an obviously thinly veiled Cobra Commander actually makes a guest appearance in a later episode of The Transformers. (as 'Old Snake', probably no relation)

I worked with Arthur Burghardt, the voice of G.I. Joe's Destro and Transformer's Devastator, back in the early 2000's and he told me Chris Collins/Latta was an amazing talent but also a supremely hosed up addict and and awful, miserable human being.

He also offered to record an answering message for my pager in-character as Destro and it is one of my life's greatest regrets that I never took him up on the offer.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I think it's possible the maker of this has never read Shakespeare, or even a summary of his works.

e: Or any French literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Shakespeare has honorable characters. They’re the fanservice ones that exist in the histories that no one likes and were written to ingratiate himself with the reigning monarchs. :v: