Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Waffleopolis posted:

What do you think they will do with the Brodie painting? I feel like they should keep it hanging in the room at Daily's Place.

absolutely not itll be destroyed by drunk football fans in september

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Everything Jericho says is at the top of his lungs. It's exhausting to listen to but he's still really good at commentary.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Dark Order were incredible tonight, it's time, it's wholesome time.

It was so disappointing watching with my girlfriend who was excited at a woman's tag match which she hadn't seen on Dynamite yet and having to warn her to lower expectations.

JR flub is whatever, but I still want him moved to sit down interview statements and replaced with a female (or non-binary) commentator. He's good in so many ways, but he is the past.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I listen to JR's podcast weekly, he's the man. There's a video of him making the worst burger i've ever seen on youtube. I love him so much if he made it for me i'd eat it and pretend to like it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jericho does commentary like he’s only ever heard McMahon announce episodes of Superstars in the 90s.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jericho's commentary could definitely stand to be toned down a little bit but I did appreciate how he felt more like a tweener than pure face commentary.

I am kinda hoping AEW does a lot of rotating desks though. A little Jericho, a little Taz, just mix it up to give different matches a different feel.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I listen to JR's podcast weekly, he's the man. There's a video of him making the worst burger i've ever seen on youtube. I love him so much if he made it for me i'd eat it and pretend to like it.
How long does he microwave it and how big is the can it comes in?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

When I first saw this I thought it was gonna be something way more sad - it's like the early retirement template lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Imagine Jericho chilling with Excalibur and Taz on Dark every week

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/tragedy.html

Amazing

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBH7WMOe2w

Tragedy
When Bononi's done and he can't go on
It's tragedy
When the hunk crew cries and you know just why

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Jericho's commentary could definitely stand to be toned down a little bit but I did appreciate how he felt more like a tweener than pure face commentary.

I am kinda hoping AEW does a lot of rotating desks though. A little Jericho, a little Taz, just mix it up to give different matches a different feel.

How long does he microwave it and how big is the can it comes in?

I'd rather have to eat canned burgers forever than eat one JR burger

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Life has me beat down by Fridays and I haven't really watched since the NBA playoffs started, so it was awesome to get Wednesday nights back.

JR is fine, but he sits at the same booth as Ex/Taz, so it's hard not to want them to do Dynamite commentary instead.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no you didn't fix it because i was being sarcastic and lucha underground's intergender wrestling was bad!!!!!!!!!!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

Everyone loves The Acclaimed.

https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1410771780919336961

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, nice pop for BBT

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1410777343640100865

This thread kinda puts all of it into perspective.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy gently caress.

that was a really great thread from harrington.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This may be a super hot take or whatever but MJF reminds me a lot of The Rock. For him to be as good as he at 25 years old is incredible. The last person to be that good at 25 was...well, Dwayne.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

I was reading this and the perspective shift is nuts...

But why is TROPICAL YA-HO! Yuna Mizumori on the list?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Taxman posted:

I'd assume because she was at the Japanese bracket of the tournament, though she didn't wrestle in it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yunamon was part of the best faction in AEW that is trapped on an island AEW does not shoot footage at normally,. The Killer Queens of Emi Sakura, Mei Suruga, and Yuna Mizumori. (Yunamon wrote choreography for their entrance and everything)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
She presumably got paid for her work seconding Emi Sakura.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taxman posted:

She was a part of Emi Sakura's entrance during the brackets

e: wow beaten terribly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Imagine Jericho chilling with Excalibur and Taz on Dark every week

JUNGLE LIFE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONKEY RIGHT TAZ?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kirios posted:

This may be a super hot take or whatever but MJF reminds me a lot of The Rock. For him to be as good as he at 25 years old is incredible. The last person to be that good at 25 was...well, Dwayne.

Okada. Caristico too.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Kirios posted:

MJF absolutely has an advantage over Sammy in who will be AEW's future.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Darby's bones will be dust in a year or two so he's definitely out of the running

Jungle Boy however

Every time I hear his name though I think about the tv show Plebs and him correcting people each time saying "Jungle MAN"

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Jericho does commentary like he’s only ever heard McMahon announce episodes of Superstars in the 90s.

It's a combination of that and addressing a disinterested crowd at a Fozzy show.

"Who's ready to rock?"
*mostly silence and some polite applause*
"I said... WHO'S READY TO ROCK!?!?!?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Darby's bones will be dust in a year or two so he's definitely out of the running

Jungle Boy however

A 60 year old Darby will wrestle a 90 year old Negro Casas.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking about it today and I really have enjoyed the storyline between Jericho and MJF. It started right after the Mox title fight and it's evolved in so many ways.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's good to enjoy things, and sometimes stuff

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Catching up on DARK and that Marvez is a bad influence on our boy Joey Janela. The Melon Farm is not a place to go when you're having relationship issues!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Kirios posted:

The only things the Rock was better at than MJF at this point in time was pure energy and being a face.
The Rock was right dude, right place, right time. MJF doesn't quite have that going for him. It's likely nobody in pro wrestling ever will again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Gallows listed twice, smh and he calls himself a statistician

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Gallows just managed to get onto the pay xls twice. Count this a win for the working man.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Gallows just managed to get onto the pay xls twice. Count this a win for the working man.

Matthew Justice too, buts that probably because his cte made him forget his first payday

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

its frankensteins monster coward tony

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Matthew Justice too, buts that probably because his cte made him forget his first payday

That checks out, yeah.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

The only things the Rock was better at than MJF at this point in time was pure energy and being a face.
The Rock was right dude, right place, right time. MJF doesn't quite have that going for him. It's likely nobody in pro wrestling ever will again.

The Rock was out on injury on his 25th birthday (May 2nd) and came back a heel a few months later (August), cutting the “Die Rocky Die” promo, joining the Nation, began the rivalry that helped to fuel the Attitude Era with Steve Austin (December), and by his 26th birthday he was leading the Nation (day after Mania 14) as Intercontinental champion at a time when that belt actually mattered, just as WWF broke the run of Nitro’s dominance in Monday Night ratings.

He had a hell of a year when he was 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmfao