Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Has the PC produced and game changing talent? I mean this question seriously. I cannot think of one

Bianca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the closest to someone thats almost PC only training thats "someone" is Charlotte even though she started on the end of the FCW days

PC trained people that didnt have exposure in big indies or other big promotions on the "Main Roster":
Elias
MACE
Mansoor
Omos
Reginald
Riddick Moss
Shanky
Veer

Alexa Bliss
Charlotte Flair
Dana Brooke
Eva Marie
Lacy Evans
Mandy Rose
Nia Jax

Chad Gable
Commander Azeez
Dominik Mysterio(?)
Montez Ford
Otis
Rick Boogs

Bianca Belair
Carmella
Liv Morgan
Sonya Deville

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 2, 2021

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bianca and Alexa Bliss are probably the most notable 100% PC success stories, after that it's, like, Baron Corbin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Bianca and Alexa Bliss are probably the most notable 100% PC success stories, after that it's, like, Baron Corbin.

corbin started in fcw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Isn't Miro PC trained, not that it matters much given he's on another company

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Isn't Miro PC trained, not that it matters much given he's on another company

again, fcw

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Miro trained with Rikishi, I believe, before FCW

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Even if the performance center was good at training the WWE machine values the brand over the talent so ultimately it would never matter

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cael posted:

Darius Rucker

His name is either Darius Martin or Darius Rucker, and I really should know that. He's like this giant black guy, and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hoot Business. The Hoot Business. They sing songs, and they're like, 'We're cool.'

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Miro literally moved to America because he wanted to be a pro wrestler and yes, trained with Gangrel/Rikishi for a couple of years before signing his developmental deal with WWE/FCW. He wasn't a terribly high profile indie wrestler, but he should definitely count as "indie wrestler" compared to "recruiting outside athletes".

Big E (recruited by Jim Ross) getting recruited with no real pro wrestling experience prior to developmental has to be pretty high on the "coming into WWE fresh" success list for the 21st century, though like Miro he spent most of his pre-main-roster time in FCW, not NXT, though some of that is academic. The "Performance Center" proper opened in 2013, a little under a year before FCW became NXT. So technically Big E was NXT champion, but had been called up to the main roster before they were fully based in The Performance Center.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Miro trained with Rikishi, I believe, before FCW

Rikishi and Gangrel for what seems like only 3 years on the indies if Cagematch is anything to go by

also I guess you can count Rhea Ripley as a PC product since she's so young in her career.

current semi home grown wwe talent still in the company

Lashley OVW
Bray Wyatt FCW
Drew McIntyre UK indies -> FCW
Jeff Hardy Self Trained -> Funkin Dojo
Kofi Kingston OVW
The Miz OVW
MVP Florida Indies -> DSW
Randy Orton OVW
R-Truth NWA Wildside -> MCW
Sheamus UK indies - FCW
Shelton Benjamin OVW
Titus O'Neil FCW
Naomi FCW

Baron Corbin FCW
Big E FCW
Dolph Ziggler OVW
Jey Uso FCW
Jimmy Uso FCW
Roman Reigns FCW
Tamina FCW

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't count OVW as homegrown myself considering that's its own training school and development that existed before and after its association with WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Miro literally moved to America because he wanted to be a pro wrestler and yes, trained with Gangrel/Rikishi for a couple of years before signing his developmental deal with WWE/FCW. He wasn't a terribly high profile indie wrestler, but he should definitely count as "indie wrestler" compared to "recruiting outside athletes".

Big E (recruited by Jim Ross) getting recruited with no real pro wrestling experience prior to developmental has to be pretty high on the "coming into WWE fresh" success list for the 21st century, though like Miro he spent most of his pre-main-roster time in FCW, not NXT, though some of that is academic. The "Performance Center" proper opened in 2013, a little under a year before FCW became NXT. So technically Big E was NXT champion, but had been called up to the main roster before they were fully based in The Performance Center.

JR is probably the best recruiter or one of the best ever if you look at how successful his guys were, I mean we're talking at least 3 of the biggest draws ever Jim scouted. He was right about Big E too. I hope he can recruit for AEW too.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

You have to think annual overhead for running the PC is in the 7 figures when you count trainers, medical/physio staff, building staff, plus maintenance, utilities, etc. That's before you add in the contracts for all the PC trainees who aren't regularly working NXT.

WWE owns the building so that's an asset but the overhead costs are probably going to be slashed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ovw and fcw should count as the performance center. wwe hired and taught all the trainers how to do their job

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
funnier list is PC Trained wrestlers currently on NXT TV

Ashante Thee Adonis
Boa
Desomond Troy (job guy)
Top Dolla

Aliyah
B-Fab (hasnt wrestled yet i think)
Jessi Kamea
Kacy Catanzaro
Raquel González
Xia Li

i thought Zoey Starks was one but she's been wrestling since 2013

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

In theory a performance center is a great idea but they use it to break people's spirit and make wrestlers bland. If it was a place with all the same resources but coaching staff that was allowed to teach different things in different ways and encourage talent to make what they already do great better it'd be awesome. I think after Dusty died it went full on mass production soullessness.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That seems true because even people with indie experience like Sami, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Bayley, Sasha, Becky etc all said Dusty helped them focus on stuff that WWE wanted and some character that wasn't just who they were on the indies. but also again, FCW and early PC trainees

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The problem (though not really a problem as far as WWE sees it) is that the PC spits out people who all wrestle the same no matter who they're really coached by. In AEW, you can see a difference in the Nightmare Factory trainees and the Create a Pro trainees. And even within that group, Create a Pro trainees don't all wrestle like eachother.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah it's a factory cranking out bland template wrestlers who wrestle bland template matches with create-a-wrestler names

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I was someone that believed AEW would push WWE to try, boy was I wrong as hell. But also why the gently caress won’t they try? Like even if I had everything I ever wanted i’d still want to do poo poo and be creative, how do you just lose the will to create like that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was someone that believed AEW would push WWE to try, boy was I wrong as hell. But also why the gently caress won’t they try? Like even if I had everything I ever wanted i’d still want to do poo poo and be creative, how do you just lose the will to create like that.

I mean you know the answer - if you're making record profits year after year putting out the blandest most creatively bankrupt hours of content you can come up with that is only being seen on like a D tier streaming service and like one fifth of the viewers on cable compared to five years ago why bother trying? He's as old of the crypt keeper and he's got mush brain - the trying days are long over

Vince lost the motivation to be even a decent human being in his younger days - why would he be motivated to be creative as an even more bitter old man

Edit: Also when you surround yourself with boot licking yes men that call you a genius for everything you do you're never going to think otherwise

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 2, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

KungFu Grip posted:

current semi home grown wwe talent still in the company
Some of these are weird cases, Drew, Sheamus, and Jeff Hardy all wrestled for years before getting signed to WWE contracts, even if none of them were "indie stars" outside of small spheres prior to it. Drew and Hardy also spent decent stretches working for not-WWE in the past decade, and Drew went from being a jobber in WWE to a big indie main eventer to getting re-signed by WWE. Lashley too, though he quit abruptly enough back in 2008 that he didn't get jobbed out on the way out.

Put it another way, if Cody (or Tay Conti) re-signs with WWE in five years and this time they push them like a star/main eventer, do they still count as "home grown WWE talent"?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cael posted:

Darius Rucker

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Eat My Fuc posted:

There are people in WWE who want to try and be creative but they’re not the ones in charge. The ones in charge are making money hand over fist so why would they want to change what’s working for them?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just wait till someone tells Khan they have another separate training center in the UK

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cael posted:

Darius Rucker

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pinche Rudo posted:

Just wait till someone tells Khan they have another separate training center in the UK

To be fair the UK Performance Center has been working on advanced name generation technology that is key to WWE’s strategy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hairius sucker

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CarlCX posted:

Corbin is better than Alexa Bliss.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Braun was 100% a PErformance centre guy right?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Eat My Fuc posted:

In theory a performance center is a great idea but they use it to break people's spirit and make wrestlers bland. If it was a place with all the same resources but coaching staff that was allowed to teach different things in different ways and encourage talent to make what they already do great better it'd be awesome. I think after Dusty died it went full on mass production soullessness.

Thinking back to one of those documentaries where Sasha or Bayley said that Sara Del Ray was the only person who was interested in teaching the women to actually wrestle a match and she'd get talked down to by every other trainer who told them to just concentrate on slaps and hair-pulls.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

hairius sucker

provocative

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

His name is either Darius Martin or Darius Rucker, and I really should know that. He's like this giant black guy, and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hoot Business. The Hoot Business. They sing songs, and they're like, 'We're cool.'

- President Donald J. Trump

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Seams posted:

Braun was 100% a PErformance centre guy right?

100% performance center, 0% knees. In this case, correlation is causality.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_professional_wrestling_deaths

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sorry that link isn't really relevant. im just kind of unhappy you know, life didn't turn out how i wanted it to and its too late to do anything about it. and what I'm gonna take it out on yall? thats no reason to yuck your yum. i know things didnt turn out well for you if youre here

e: people you personally killed(WIP)

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 2, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

really had a good time reading, "yuck your yum" again. been a hwhile and it's just as offputting as i remembered. give me a call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
he's having a meltie