Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
someone posting under the influence !!

the pool area is that away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
incredible that wwe hired a prominent international star like bea priestley who had *previously appeared on television and pay-per-view events for their main competitor last year* and gave her a generic nxt generator name

great use of a signing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KungFu Grip posted:

i thought Zoey Starks was one but she's been wrestling since 2013

so thats why she looks really decent

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

shiksa posted:

incredible that wwe hired a prominent international star like bea priestley who had *previously appeared on television and pay-per-view events for their main competitor last year* and gave her a generic nxt generator name

great use of a signing

Bea+ player

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

That DICK! posted:

sorry that link isn't really relevant. im just kind of unhappy you know, life didn't turn out how i wanted it to and its too late to do anything about it. and what I'm gonna take it out on yall? thats no reason to yuck your yum. i know things didnt turn out well for you if youre here

e: people you personally killed(WIP)

I can't tell what you're mad about but things seem to be going rough. Hope things get a bit better. Looks like you're taking a break from here but if you are addicted to posting like I am, I can point you to somewhere else.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seems happy to me.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Golden Bee posted:

Bea+ player

lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im not mad. im just trying to be subversive while really sticking it to the 2 people who actually watch wwe still. also i arbitrarily made a vow to go away for 7 months on another forum so i gotta go for a bit im sorry. but ill be back asap.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

shiksa posted:

great use of a signing

But what if she leaves and tries to profit off of her body of work by continuing to use that name?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

great use of a signing

her name was generic already. most first name last name wrestlers sound generic. her problem is signing to nxt uk

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Aiden Englishwoman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's incredibly helpful and useful to not look at that forum for 7 months when possible. but it's not possible sometimes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

But what if she leaves and tries to profit off of her body of work by continuing to use that name?

"what's Wasp Clericly doing in the Impact Zone"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was someone that believed AEW would push WWE to try, boy was I wrong as hell. But also why the gently caress won’t they try? Like even if I had everything I ever wanted i’d still want to do poo poo and be creative, how do you just lose the will to create like that.

Every creative thing you do exists at the mercy of a brain-rotted old man who just wants the 80's back. After a certain point, you either quit trying or get a different job.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Every creative thing you do exists at the mercy of a brain-rotted old man who just wants the 80's back. After a certain point, you either quit trying or get a different job.

I'm sure most people know but it's pretty telling that if WCW hadn't been an actual threat to Vince's business the Attitude Era would have never happened. Vince would have been happy leaving money on the table to coast on his neon bullshit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

the closest to someone thats almost PC only training thats "someone" is Charlotte even though she started on the end of the FCW days

PC trained people that didnt have exposure in big indies or other big promotions on the "Main Roster":
Elias
MACE
Mansoor
Omos
Reginald
Riddick Moss
Shanky
Veer

Okay you are making some of these up

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Attitude Era

Ruthless Aggression

Now there is only...

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

That DICK! posted:

i know things didnt turn out well for you if youre here
your post is weird but i can't argue with this part tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

e: people you personally killed(WIP)

what the gently caress

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That is what happens when you get too much WWE, apparently.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
This is your brain on WWE.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Tbf, I could go for a meltie right now.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That is what happens when you get too much WWE, apparently.

It's the trump thread really, too much wwe makes you go on twitter and yell about the smarks in the IWC

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I love talking about WWE, their content, their superstars, etc

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I found NXT's naming generator.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nude Kane

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

could i see a hat wobble?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/nxt-held-talent-show-wwe-pc-ahead-releases

quote:

WWE held a talent show at the WWE Performance Center on Wednesday, June 23, just a couple of days before over a dozen people attending were released from the company.

In news that I'm absolutely sure everyone was expecting, we're told that NXT held a talent show for their roster at the WWE Performance Center on Wednesday afternoon. We've heard there was everything from singing to stand-up comedy, and that the show was mandatory to attend, but was a morale boost for some and it seemed to go over well. There were no official "winners" announced, besides the lucky audience, that is. Several of the people released actually performed at the talent show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm sure this moral booster talent show will offset the moral devastator of a bunch of people getting the boot. I'm a genius.

But in all honesty I'm convinced the people who came up with and organized the talent show were not informed of any firings since it seems these days that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"mandatory workplace talent contest" makes my blood run cold.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, and next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day... so, you know, if you want to, you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Lmao shades of how my current boss only brings in bagels (or even comes to visit our corner of of the office) when someone's getting fired that day.

I've worked lovely corporate jobs, I've performed on stage with rear end in a top hat directors and douchebag actors, WWE seems like the absolute worst blend of both.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's the most Middle Management idea. The Middle Managementest.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gonzo McFee posted:

Several years ago the morale at my job was in the toilet due to incompetence and firings and one of the ideas from the committee for helping morale was to create a "party planning committee" which they advertised you could join by pamphlets all over the goddamn building with a screenshot of the party planning committee from The Office.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My last boss kept trying to organize a Rock Band party at his house, in the Poconos, an hour away from our office and two+ hours away from where I live DURING A PANDEMIC as a morale booster when it was in the dumps. Myself and two other people accepted new positions within the company the next day and my morale is much better now :)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I've never understood the whole point of having the office "boost morale" pay your people well and give decent healthcare benes. Don't force this potluck poo poo on me, or whatever. I work here, my social life is kept separate for a reason.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 2, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They want to boost morale without spending money

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

My last boss kept trying to organize a Rock Band party at his house, in the Poconos, an hour away from our office and two+ hours away from where I live DURING A PANDEMIC as a morale booster when it was in the dumps. Myself and two other people accepted new positions within the company the next day and my morale is much better now :)

My last boss decided that the way to boost morale was holding mandatory meetings outside of working hours that would involve a "state of the team" talk followed by a fun quiz that he would set up. The first one of these was the week where half the department was furloughed and the rest of us had to take mandatory temporary pay cuts while still working full time and he decided the best idea for a quiz would be to show pictures of all the places he'd either worked in or been on holiday to around the world over the years and ask us where that place was. The most amazing question however was him showing a picture of a table with a large amount of cash on it (dozens of stacks of it) and ask us why he had so much money on him when he went to one particular country.

I'm so much happier at my new place.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"Mandatory talent show" is my worst loving nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jiro posted:

I've never understood the whole point of having the office "boost morale" pay your people well and give decent healthcare benes. Don't force this potluck poo poo on me, or whatever. I work here, my social life is kept separate for a reason.

They are wildly wildly wildly out of touch.