Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol who's going to take one for the team and watch The Tomorrow War on Prime? It looks like hastily-shovelled piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol who's going to take one for the team and watch The Tomorrow War on Prime? It looks like hastily-shovelled piss.

GO GO GO RUN RUN RUN MOVE MOVE MOVE

just spoiled the whole movie

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

SmokaDustbowl posted:

GO GO GO RUN RUN RUN MOVE MOVE MOVE

just spoiled the whole movie

god dammit, smoka, use spoiler tags.

It's common courtesy.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

like atlas being crushed under the endless streaming service bills, i will carry this burden

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

part of me wants to watch it cause a comedian I really like has a role but it seems like the Dante’s Peak to Army of the Dead’s Volcano. the Antz to its Bug’s Life. the Deep Impact to its Armageddon

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

the rebuild ramiel is terrifying and awesome. favorite angel of all time

on the other hand

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Casual Encountess posted:

also i just finished the fortune trilogy by rachel bach and i enjoyed way more than a lot of the other newer scifi i read. lots of representation but not cranked to 11 and not nearly as quippy so it felt nice.

would recommend as a hammock read

Thanks, will check this out

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the war in our tomorrows

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zuza_unreal/status/1410709592603041792

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

pointsofdata posted:

Thanks, will check this out

i really enjoyed it for trashy lady space marine adventures. i wildly prefer characters who are frequently like “what the gently caress is this? what the gently caress was that? where the gently caress are we?” over Super Cool and Smart main characters who quip their way across the plot. basically i loving love people like holden in the expanse if eldritch horror is in the cut.

that being said im so sick of every book i read having chess as a theme. pick another game. gimme some sci fi with Sorry! as the metaphor

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
didnt evangelion come out like in the mid 90s

also didnt they release some translation on netflix that was like weird alt-right 4chan poo poo or something

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

didnt evangelion come out like in the mid 90s

yes, it did. it was a huge phenomenon and has remained so since then so the studio started remaking it

quote:

also didnt they release some translation on netflix that was like weird alt-right 4chan poo poo or something

they blunted the gay subtext in one episode and failed to license a lot of the music, I don't know about alt-right poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it was pretty dumb

like i’m willing to accept dumb premises for cool action sequences or weird fun sci-fi poo poo but it did all of that bad imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chris Pratt is also a weirdo Christian hypocrite who dumped his wife for a younger model after he got famous. And he says he doesn't fit on either side of the political spectrum so in America you know what that means. Do not want

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 2, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

Chris Pratt is also a weirdo Christian hypocrite who dumped his wife for a younger model after he got famous. And he says he doesn't fit on either side of the political spectrum so in America you know what that means. Do not want

Sounds like you're jealous OP.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It sounds like he's a real prat!

:dadjoke:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Sounds like you're jealous OP.

the lady he left is hotter and funnier than the lady he married which demonstrates that his skull is full of mush

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

theres a movie i dont even wanna spend carbon pirating

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also i just finished the fortune trilogy by rachel bach and i enjoyed way more than a lot of the other newer scifi i read. lots of representation but not cranked to 11 and not nearly as quippy so it felt nice.

would recommend as a hammock read

thx gonna check this out!

any other good sff books re representation? ive liked annalee newitz, kameron hurley & arkady martine but tbh i havent read a lot so idk anything

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

infernal machines posted:

conversely, if it tanks, you've told half a story

so many cinematic universes left un-cinema'd

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Carthag Tuek posted:

thx gonna check this out!

any other good sff books re representation? ive liked annalee newitz, kameron hurley & arkady martine but tbh i havent read a lot so idk anything

if you have not read Yoon Ha Lee’s Hexarchate books I highly recommend them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched the car explosion movie, it was very entertaining but they need to lay off magic hacking powers as a main plot device and the villain was weak

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

I watched the car explosion movie, it was very entertaining but they need to lay off magic hacking powers as a main plot device and the villain was weak

didnt know they did a tesla film

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
starting the tomorrow war cause gently caress it, im not paying attention to work today

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

qirex posted:

i dont disagree but like power creep wise theres like nowhere left to go

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Silver Alicorn posted:

if you have not read Yoon Ha Lee’s Hexarchate books I highly recommend them

thanks! ive read some of their short stories that i liked but hit a wall real early in the big trilogy with the space magic (?). dont remember why, but ill check out hexarchate and maybe try the other ones again

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

i dont disagree but like power creep wise theres like nowhere left to go
I'm hoping they scale back the save the world factor in future movies, I don't care if they're keeping millions of people from being killed or rescuing a kid or stealing money or w/e I just want to see sick rear end fake cg car stunts

e: also less call of duty gun stuff

qirex fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 2, 2021

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

thanks! ive read some of their short stories that i liked but hit a wall real early in the big trilogy with the space magic (?). dont remember why, but ill check out hexarchate and maybe try the other ones again

ah yeah hexarchate stories is a follow on to the trilogy. I sort of hit a wall at first but the second and third books had me completely hooked

I’m thinking about reading his newish fantasy book, Phoenix Extravagant

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Silver Alicorn posted:

ah yeah hexarchate stories is a follow on to the trilogy. I sort of hit a wall at first but the second and third books had me completely hooked

I’m thinking about reading his newish fantasy book, Phoenix Extravagant

is hexarcate standalone shorts or more like a sequel?

e: i dont mind in medias res, i guess im asking if its like reading culture novel F before culture novel B which is totally fine or you gotta go sequential

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 2, 2021

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I read hexarchate shorts because I saw it super cheap at a used bookstore and I feel like it might have spoiled the plot for a bunch of the series maybe? still bought the first book in the series but haven't read it yet.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah hexarchate stories is spoilers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

the lady he left is hotter and funnier than the lady he married which demonstrates that his skull is full of mush

on the other hand, the lady he left is 44 and the new one is 31 and that's what's really important.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah hexarchate stories is spoilers

k, im gonna try out the trilogy again and if that doesnt work im just gonna read hexarchate, gently caress it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

on the other hand, the lady he left is 44 and the new one is 31 and that's what's really important.

omg chris pratt married schwarzeneggers daughter

hes running

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/spacejammovie/status/1410629277947596802

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I saw a trailer for space jam and it looks like the most soulless cynical focus group cross brand marketing spreadsheet exercise since ready player one

glad don cheadle is getting work though, I like him

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://defector.com/if-porky-pig-attempts-to-rap-anywhere-near-me-i-will-turn-him-into-carnitas/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

qirex posted:

I'm hoping they scale back the save the world factor in future movies, I don't care if they're keeping millions of people from being killed or rescuing a kid or stealing money or w/e I just want to see sick rear end fake cg car stunts

e: also less call of duty gun stuff

I think they’re only planning one more

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

qirex posted:

glad don cheadle is getting work though, I like him

hell yeah! did he have kids or something, he was everywhere in the 00s but its been a while

looking forward to no sudden move tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2icxJjilw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he’s got a recurring MCU gig, he could probably never work a day in his life again if he wants

Terrence Howard gave up his spot on the gravy train, lol