Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Just did a raid and somehow my entire stash came with me.

I was able to remove all my gear and put it in my stash but it didn't seem to have an actual affect on my character.

Once the raid was over this screen came up and I couldn't click or do anything so I force quit. I'm going to log back in now and see is anything changed.

EDIT: Logged back in and it looks like it was purely a graphical glitch. What really makes it annoying though is that I couldn't crouch or change firing modes while it was active.

Spaseman fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Orv posted:

They already have this tech with AI scavs shooting you if you engage another player scav first, so it shouldn't (shouldn't being shaky with BSG) be that hard.

I’ve noticed different, but that was before this patch. I had to actually hit scavs for them to fight back, but I guess I just never noticed them fighting back if I missed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShowTime posted:

I’ve noticed different, but that was before this patch. I had to actually hit scavs for them to fight back, but I guess I just never noticed them fighting back if I missed.

It does have to be a hit, yeah, which is not ideal if you just get one tapped but it's better than nothing I think.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
scav runs have been so much more peaceful

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
The only real issue I have with this patch is I can't just pop another scav in the face to steal his backpack and/or rig.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Ok, taking the Lyft gives you a fuckton of Fence rep. The scav slaughter can continue

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
scav runs are much more boring now which is a mixed blessing, it's easy money but so dull

also killed two player scavs that blacked out two of my arms and got negative rep, nice one BSG, working hard, thank you!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Captain Gordon posted:

Ok, taking the Lyft gives you a fuckton of Fence rep. The scav slaughter can continue

the more rep u have the cheaper the cars get too iirc

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

abigserve posted:

scav runs are much more boring now which is a mixed blessing, it's easy money but so dull

also killed two player scavs that blacked out two of my arms and got negative rep, nice one BSG, working hard, thank you!

I'm happy with that. It was aggravating as gently caress getting murdered by other player scavs on my own runs. All I want to do is grab some garbage and extract with some pressure off me.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

The game didn't even have relatively stable servers until a year ago. The bugs they've squashed in the last 6 months are the kinds of bugs a competent dev team would have handled three years ago. You're delusional. The game is in a much better place now. I'm not saying you couldn't get any fun out of the game or that it was a complete dumpster fire but there's no reason to put blinders on and act like it's been 5 years of bliss.

People got plenty of fun out of the game back then, even with the unstable servers and all the other problems you mentioned. If you need the flea market to have fun in this kind of game, you're playing the wrong game and should probably stop. You don't need the flea market to shoot mans, traders give you plenty of ways to do that

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Get rid of guns and armor from flea and I think the game is in a better place. You should have to earn that high level gear by either finding it or grinding trader rep. Would drastically slow down the amount of top tier murder squads and open up mid level gameplay in my opinion

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Is there something inherently unfair about the flea market I don't get? Like, everyone can buy the same poo poo.

I don't like the "you have to unlock everything" route because it's massively unfair to anyone that doesn't have the time to commit to doing that. Like, at least I can get lucky and buy something good, but I will never get over 30 in a wipe because I just straight up don't have the time.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

abigserve posted:

Is there something inherently unfair about the flea market I don't get? Like, everyone can buy the same poo poo.

I don't like the "you have to unlock everything" route because it's massively unfair to anyone that doesn't have the time to commit to doing that. Like, at least I can get lucky and buy something good, but I will never get over 30 in a wipe because I just straight up don't have the time.

Once you open up the flea market the only thing stopping you from being fully decked out with the best gear every round, is money which is relatively easy to make. It's not that the flea market is necessarily bad, I think removing easy route to top tier items would actually create decent mid level game play

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The flea market owns. Stop suggesting we nerf it. The game is considerably more accessible and fun since its inclusion into the game. It's already been nerfed into the ground since it was added, it doesn't need to be made any weaker.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

hello internet posted:

the only thing stopping you from being fully decked out with the best gear every round, is money which is relatively easy to make

The amount of money in a closed system like a video game is extremely easy to control through literally thousands of arbitrary taxes you could add to everything.

Decreasing the amount of money in the system is the first thing they should do, but they never do it, because they are fundamentally bad at game design in a lot of ways that are frankly baffling. Nikita is the George Lucas of game design.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

The flea market owns. Stop suggesting we nerf it. The game is considerably more accessible and fun since its inclusion into the game. It's already been nerfed into the ground since it was added, it doesn't need to be made any weaker.

I don't understand why people get excited for wipes and then can't wait for 75% of the equipment to be worthless as fast as possible

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
This is my first wipe where I'm playing from the start of the wipe, and having gun fights that last 2-3 minutes has been the best experience so far. Mediocre ammo plus guns with poor recoil, and armor not being useless has created a fun environment for sure.

I got smoked my first 3 pmc raids because I was rushing objectives like crack house for salewas, and trying to get Jaeger's letter, and I lost most of my starter gear as a result, but two good runs later and I've got a full stash and doubled my starting roubles (I'm still only on the cheapest version of the game).

I think I'm going to enjoy the grind to lvl 20 a lot more than last time if it keeps playing like this.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Time lock the flea market instead of locking it behind an arbitrarily punishing level requirement. I literally can't think of a downside to this, you still get the fun parts of the early/mid game, those playing a lot get to unlock more stuff from traders, and everyone is on the same footing when it gets released.

Or get rid of it altogether and move everything to traders.

edit; this wipe will be fun for another, what, week? Until the sweats really start dingin 20 and then you get another ten levels more (compared to last wipe) of being poo poo all over before you can get the flea unlocked

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

hello internet posted:

I don't understand why people get excited for wipes and then can't wait for 75% of the equipment to be worthless as fast as possible

I've been playing this game since before the flea market when the best loadout was an M4, a kiver and fort armor. I can say objectively that the game is far better and more accessible with the flea market and additional, arbitrary restrictions like NO GUNS OR ARMOR ALLOWED is silly. Especially since the FIR feature guarantees that the person selling that gun or armor found it in raid, either lying around or off a scav, scav boss or guard. The proliferation of good guns and armor has gone down significantly already and markups have continued to increase. The current flea market is already a shadow of its former usefulness.

Your goal of keeping the wipe fresher for longer is shared, but I disagree with your method. It just widens the gulf between the haves and the have nots.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

My galaxy brain idea is to get rid of basically all the restrictions on the Flea but to make the amount of cash available to traders highly limited (and maybe they'd only give you them to you for actual valuables that they could presumably be sold outside of Tarkov; gold chains etc), basically aiming to make the average player have more of their inventory's value in items rather than cash. It makes sense for Tarkov to be a barter society (who uses rubles when there's literally no economy or government?) and would allow for fun emergent stuff with the economy.

e: Specifically, it'd ideally let people easily get their hands on e.g. hideout items while encouraging people to just use things like guns or cool attachments rather than just instantly convert them into cash

sum fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 2, 2021

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Basically the "flea market needs to be nerfed" are just gatekeeping this game.

People being able to choose their own loadout is cool and fun, having your hideout gated by RNG up until level 20 is kind of dumb considering how much RNG is already in the game.

Gatekeeping just ends up killing the games population off slowly which means no more fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Simon Numbers posted:

People being able to choose their own loadout is cool and fun, having your hideout gated by RNG up until level 20 is kind of dumb considering how much RNG is already in the game.

Gatekeeping just ends up killing the games population off slowly which means no more fun.

Lol what

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Orv posted:

Lol what

tarkov players have a very crazy set of brainworms where they love to impose their own understanding and goals onto others

this leads to horribly stupid design ideas and a massive lack of realization of what the actual issues that the game has.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Realising your game has issues with population drop off after a few weeks and then arbitrarily making it grindier is not good gameplay design, the more it happens the more people just won't start playing again when it does wipe.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Simon Numbers posted:

Realising your game has issues with population drop off after a few weeks and then arbitrarily making it grindier is not good gameplay design, the more it happens the more people just won't start playing again when it does wipe.

Could it be because a lot if not most people love the pre-flea market gameplay where you have to use scrappy gear and unoptimized loadouts and then those people all quit when it becomes M4 o'clock?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Simon Numbers posted:

The only wish issues with population tarkov has had is having way too much of it, especially right after wipes.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Orv posted:

Could it be because a lot if not most people love the pre-flea market gameplay where you have to use scrappy gear and unoptimized loadouts and then those people all quit when it becomes M4 o'clock?

So the turbopoopsockers just get to 20 before anyone else then do m4 o'clock anyway?

If you want it that way at least advocate removing the flea market and making gearing more deterministic through hideout crafting while removing the changes made during the middle of last wipe.

Unless you just enjoy being a turbo poopsocker one tapping any new player.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Simon Numbers posted:

So the turbopoopsockers just get to 20 before anyone else then do m4 o'clock anyway?

If you want it that way at least advocate removing the flea market and making gearing more deterministic through hideout crafting while removing the changes made during the middle of last wipe.

Unless you just enjoy being a turbo poopsocker one tapping any new player.

I don't enjoy running the hyper juggernaut loadouts at all, nor do I think removing the flea market is the sole answer. But people in this thread are incapable of stating positions that aren't at either extreme.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Orv posted:

HAHA NO IT DEFINITELY COULDN'T BE THIS HAHA

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

3/5 of my friends aren't playing this wipe because they felt the 20 flea was a regression from the previous one.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I at first hated the change to flea at 20 because I love playing the flea market, it's probably one of my favorite aspects of the game.

But after having played a bit and reaching level 8 I'm really enjoying the game as it is.
I have EOD though so the stash space is not that big of an issue yet.

I like the early game a lot right now. Had a ton of fun with the MP5 with Pst Gzh or just with running whatever I had.
I hope they greatly reduced the prevalence of high tier gear. I get that lots of people like running around like special forces personnel but I more enjoy the crappy weaponry aspect and then improve with whatever you find.

Maybe they could do different servers in the future with different settings.
Like a milsim server with flea at 10/immediately and lots of high power gear to be found and a scavanger server with late flea and greatly reduced high power gear.
The player base would be big enough to support this I think, at least in the major regions.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ice Fist posted:

It just widens the gulf between the haves and the have nots.

good

Simon Numbers posted:

good

abigserve posted:

3/5 of my friends aren't playing this wipe because they felt the 20 flea was a regression from the previous one.

good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
best wipe ever so far :D

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

two flash drives off two filing cabinet draws lets gooo dude

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

bad

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Malefitz posted:

Maybe they could do different servers in the future with different settings.
Like a milsim server with flea at 10/immediately and lots of high power gear to be found and a scavanger server with late flea and greatly reduced high power gear.
The player base would be big enough to support this I think, at least in the major regions.

Yeah that was my problem with the design choices they've made the last year or so. They should let the players have as many choices to play as they want as long as it doesn't hurt the player base at large. Found in raid system is a good example of that. They are slowly pigeon-holing everyone and at a certain point there will be about 50 people left who will be very excited they got the perfect game they wanted. I'll have gotten my moneys worth out of it by then so more power to them.

Some people don't know what they want though. They say people being decked out too early on is terrible for the game but also say they're gaming gods who can one-tap them with their ppsh and the players complaining should "get good" like them.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

To me the video game is fun but if it is not fun I will probably do something else

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

I was weary about the flea market change, but I actually like it. I like the scavenging desperate part of the game where fights actually last more than 2 seconds.

Once everyone is giga-chadded the game just gets boring because fights wind up with me getting 1 tapped out of nowhere, or me getting a few shots off before getting 1 tapped.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Seems like it's still basically impossible to match with a group of 2+ players. All last night I was trying with friends and we only managed to get into one raid in like two hours because the matching would go for like 15-20 mins trying to find a match, several times it would just crash to the loading profile screen and had to be alt+f4'd

We ended up running scav on interchange a bunch which was a lot of fun with the other player scavs not being aggro. We had two raids where we found another scav squad and ran around the mall 8-deep looting and shooting pmcs.

No party like a scav party

Dr_0ctag0n fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ChesterJT posted:

They say people being decked out too early on is terrible for the game but also say they're gaming gods who can one-tap them with their ppsh and the players complaining should "get good" like them.

yeah cos the people who cant deal with everyone running aorund in end game armor 1 week in all stop playing, while the ppl who can are fine. most peopel being bound to lower tier stuff for longer will help out the peopele who even with the flea never have the money to compete because theyre not very good. once everyones done knee jerking this will become clear