Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds are apparently closing in on a deal to sign junior firpo, who I know nothing about but just saying aloud 'leeds united are signing a left back from barcelona, beating interest from AC milan' makes me do a small lol

Love a good transfer reported as one team "beating off" a Milan or a Barcelona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Firpo was supposedly going to be Hernandez’s backup and that actually is pretty annoying because there’s really nobody else in the pipe as far as I can tell. I hope he’s poo poo!!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Stay dench or get Firpoed

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds are apparently closing in on a deal to sign junior firpo, who I know nothing about but just saying aloud 'leeds united are signing a left back from barcelona, beating interest from AC milan' makes me do a small lol

gently caress sake I thought that was going to say Junior Frimpong

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Firpo is coming

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are supposedly wrapping up deals for Nuno Tavares, a child left back from Benedict who is not very good by all accounts, and Albert Lokonga, a child midfielder from Anderlecht about whom I know nothing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The signings are so typically arsenal

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal are supposedly wrapping up deals for Nuno Tavares, a child left back from Benedict who is not very good by all accounts, and Albert Lokonga, a child midfielder from Anderlecht about whom I know nothing.

He's overrated op and you are paying too much

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's finally happening https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1410300472204926977

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

track day bro! posted:

Stay dench or get Firpoed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Maybe now he can finally get an England start.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

vyelkin posted:

Maybe now he can finally get an England start.

wow came here to make this exact post, big lols if Southgate plays him now

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Now the Sassaulo CEO has said Arsenal have made a bid for Locatelli. This is all very weird and makes no sense.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I'm going to be very mad if Locatelli ends up at Arsenal, after all the photoshops of him in a Juve kit that I've had to see on social media for months. Real mad I say.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sassuolo will sell him to Juve for 20 smokes and a signed picture of Ronald. The press will herald this as a masterstroke by Sassuolo's brilliant management.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I get the impression this is all to try and force Juve to pay more for him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

it's exactly this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Mr Snips posted:

Yeah, I think it's specifically to force Juve to pay all in cash, this summer, instead of what GD just predicted. I'm guessing they meet somewhere in the middle.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
With Arsenal you know it’s not a realistic signing unless they have a documented injury history / are currently injured.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

wooger posted:

With Arsenal you know it’s not a realistic signing unless they have a documented injury history / are currently injured.

this is a ridiculous simplification of their transfer MO

they could also be a child and arsenal would snap them up

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Felix is young, continental, has played half a season on a fractured foot, and hasn’t lived up to potential (though the half season playing with a fractured foot may explain that).

Surely Arsenal can get him on loan.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Total Meatlove posted:

Felix is young, continental, has played half a season on a fractured foot, and hasn’t lived up to potential (though the half season playing with a fractured foot may explain that).

Surely Arsenal can get him on loan.

Sure, but the Arsenal way is to give him a long term contract with wages tied to the assumption that he achieves his full potential and doesn’t have any injuries.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Sure, but the Arsenal way is to give him a long term contract with wages tied to the assumption that he achieves his full potential and doesn’t have any injuries.

This is Kim Kallstrom erasure

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently the corriere dello sport says Leeds are in advanced talks about signing nahitan nandez from Cagliari for £31m, but nobody seems quite sure where they've got this from

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sancho’s poo poo and I never wanted him anyway.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Firpo > Sancho

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lionel Messi is out of contract, sad end to a glittering career.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/7/1/22559052/manchester-united-closing-in-on-50-million-deal-for-raphael-varane

i feel like that is a pretty good price for a player of that caliber. not sure i like it when manu spends money intelligently. also wonder if this means they're selling some other CB

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Their salary cap has apparently been halved due to financial fair play reasons. My guess they literally can't afford him now without selling half the squad. Maybe they can cut a 20-year installment deal with him or something.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4424232/lionel-messis-barcelona-contract-held-up-by-la-liga-financial-rules-president

"Barca had the biggest salary cap in Spain prior to the pandemic at €671m ($796m) per year but, as of March, that had been almost halved to €347m ($412m)."

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Sassuolo will sell him to Juve for 20 smokes and a signed picture of Ronald. The press will herald this as a masterstroke by Sassuolo's brilliant management.

this isn't quite accurate, they'll also get all of Juve's worst youth players in the deal, as is the Serie A custom

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

this isn't quite accurate, they'll also get all of Juve's worst youth players in the deal, as is the Serie A custom

If you'll indulge me getting caremad for a moment, Sassuolo have gotten probably their greatest ever player in one of those deals (Berardi) and a handful of other competent Serie A players (Rogerio, OM's very own Pol Lirola, even Zaza).

It's Genoa who get all the lovely Juve youth players :colbert:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

bewbies posted:

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/7/1/22559052/manchester-united-closing-in-on-50-million-deal-for-raphael-varane

i feel like that is a pretty good price for a player of that caliber. not sure i like it when manu spends money intelligently. also wonder if this means they're selling some other CB

I imagine two of Lindelof/Bailly/Tuanzebi will be surplus to requirements

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I imagine two of Lindelof/Bailly/Tuanzebi will be surplus to requirements

Up pops a smiling Phil Jones.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

Oh, is that what he's going for?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

He's already surplus to requirements unless he fancies wearing the Fred the Red suit

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

West Brom’s first signing of the summer looks to be Alex Mowatt, formerly of Barnsley but now out of contract. Could be a stellar piece of business in that it’s an area of need, he’s on a free, and he was by all accounts a key piece in Barnsley’s good season last year.

I won’t pretend to know a single thing about him other than what I’ve already posted but loving hell this has been a rough offseason for th’albion. Moves like this should go a ways in allaying the justifiable anxiety and anger West Brom fans have felt over the last month or so

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
sign someone already lets go i have the attention span of a fly and need this poo poo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

tbp posted:

sign someone already lets go i have the attention span of a fly and need this poo poo

Man U have signed Tom Heaton on a free, so either De Gea or Grant is likely getting sold/released.

Juan Mata has also extended for another year, so I look forward to seeing his walking frame in action again soon

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I wish Juan Mata would've pulled a Riquelme and moved to a slightly slower league so we could see him do more cool poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I wish Juan Mata would've pulled a Riquelme and moved to a slightly slower league so we could see him do more cool poo poo.

Apparently he's settled as poo poo in manchester and has grown some pretty deep roots.