Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lilljonas posted:

Ulf Failsson already failed (again) to form a government. Gives up (again).

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/1BgzwX/ulf-kristersson-ger-upp-forsoket-att-bilda-regering

The laziest boy.

https://twitter.com/danielswedin/status/1410272773814038531?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He always strikes me as a less crazy and corrupt Trump, in that he’s obsessed with the title and prestige of leading the country, and will say and do just about anything to get there. But once PM I fully expect him to outsource pretty much anything and everything he can to staffers. As long as he can look strong and resolute on the occasional presser.

In regards to the murder, I feel a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that this is clearly a result of asylum/immigration politics, while completely ignoring the more aggressive work police has done nationally against organized crime. An interesting lapse in contextual awareness, I must say.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 1, 2021

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

He always strikes me as a less crazy and corrupt Trump, in that he’s obsessed with the title and prestige of leading the country, and will say and do just about anything to get there. But once PM I fully expect him to outsource pretty much anything and everything he can to staffers. As long as he can look strong and resolute on the occasional presser.
Are you talking about Kristersson or Löfven? I can't really tell. :v:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Collateral Damage posted:

Are you talking about Kristersson or Löfven? I can't really tell. :v:

Kristersson. I’m no doubt biased because I vote V most of the time, but any and all M leaders just scream “GIVE ME MONEY AND PRESTIGE” to a degree that Stefan isn’t even close to. AKB was even worse I think, and it was incredibly satisfying to see her career bite it.

Also let’s not forget that Kristersson has a long career of iffy stuff attached to him, ranging from a hate-boner to the welfare state to the exploitation of untaxed cleaning services. Dunno if Stefan has that much in the dark.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 1, 2021

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have it on good authority that Stefan once took the last giffel at the fika, back in his welding days

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Beeswax posted:

I have it on good authority that Stefan once took the last giffel at the fika, back in his welding days

My dad used to work at JKL when Göran Persson started working there and there was a lot of jokes in that vein behind his back.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

My dad used to work at JKL when Göran Persson started working there and there was a lot of jokes in that vein behind his back.

My great great aunt caught Göran Persson stealing lösgodis when he was living in Malmö with his first wife. Apparently he preferred green gummiråttor to red ones.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Twitter chuds seem to have decided that the murder of this police officer is the same as the murder of George Floyd because....I honestly don’t know, but that’s what they’re saying.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I have otherwise right-leaning colleagues who hate the idea of Ulf as prime minister based on adoptiongate.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

BigglesSWE posted:

Police shot dead in Göteborg. A very rare occurrence in Sweden so expect a whole lot of screaming about it.

My boss had us all sit down in a moment of silence followed by circular fascist rants about how we need to empower police, give them more guns and authority, be tougher on "these areas" and also that since the cop was in such a dangerous area then he was obviously wearing a bullet proof west and since he was shot dead anyway it must have meant that he was killed with heavy military grade weaponry (commonly found in "these areas")

I'd say Sweden jumped 10 years ahead in the fascist race by Scandinavian standards.

Within the year. Being rude to police will basically be blåljussabotage if the police feel like it.

Katt fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 1, 2021

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

BigglesSWE posted:

In regards to the murder, I feel a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that this is clearly a result of asylum/immigration politics, while completely ignoring the more aggressive work police has done nationally against organized crime. An interesting lapse in contextual awareness, I must say.

Working as a teacher in Stockholm. Talk is all about organised crime and segregation.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it always bugs me how we just sort of accepted as a fact of life that the police need to carry guns around most of the time now

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Working as a teacher in Stockholm. Talk is all about organised crime and segregation.

Wait, school's not out yet in Sweden?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Ebba Busch admits to grave defamation, and does it in the most salty way possible:

quote:

Av Facebook-inlägget framgår att Ebba Busch i ”själ och hjärta” anser sig vara oskyldig.

”En rättegång skulle ligga minst ett halvår fram i tiden, kanske mer. Den tiden har jag inte, det är inte min prioritet. Om jag då måste betala böter för att ha kallat en spade för en spade så får det vara så”, skriver hon.

Hon påstår att inga sakuppgifter hon hänvisat till varit felaktiga.

”För mig har sanningen alltid varit viktig, men lagen tar inte hänsyn till sanningshalten. I Sverige kan även sanningen vara förtal”, skriver hon."

I.e. "I would have won if I had gone to court, but it's like, so far away, so whatever. I've got more important things than like, defend myself in court for my actions. Also I did not do a crime, but if I did, it should not have been criminal to begin with". So, going to step down from your party leadership now, Mrs. Tough On Crime? If it had been Löfven she'd be she loudest voice screaming in the newspapers for his head. But no, crimes are only bad when other people do them.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 2, 2021

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

lilljonas posted:

Ebba Busch admits to grave defamation, and does it in the most salty way possible:

I.e. "I would have won if I had gone to court, but it's like, so far away, so whatever. I've got more important things than like, defend myself in court for my actions. Also I did not do a crime, but if I did, it should not have been criminal to begin with". So, going to step down from your party leadership now, Mrs. Tough On Crime? If it had been Löfven she'd be she loudest voice screaming in the newspapers for his head. But no, crimes are only bad when other people do them.

Like all normal human big brained people she's too busy to clear her name. Better admit to a crime not committed than waste time winning.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well no, she just emphasises that all her statements about the opposing counsel were true, but that in Sweden you can defame someone even if your statements about them are true.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Well no, she just emphasises that all her statements about the opposing counsel were true, but that in Sweden you can defame someone even if your statements about them are true.

She also makes a dig towards that this kind of defamation is "not illegal in other countries", i.e., trying to make people think she's actually innocent because Sweden's laws are the ones that are faulty, not her actions. It's a very sketchy behaviour for someone who's all "law and order" otherwise. Call it Judge Dreddism if you'd like. You can't just have as your platform that people that don't adhere to Swedish laws should be thrown out of the country, and then the next second excuse your behaviour based on it being legal in other countries. Or you can, if you're an extreme hypocrite.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 2, 2021

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Criminals break the law like this. I, a law abiding citizen, break them like this.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Don't know the case or anything but that is at least an attempt to perhaps set focus on an unjust law that should be altered?

Of course that is her angle when she herself is caught and of course ignoring all other such cases (legalization, oppression) in the past I guess

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Lmao

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Potrzebie posted:

Like all normal human big brained people she's too busy to clear her name. Better admit to a crime not committed than waste time winning.

I’m thinking of that thing Otto von Bismarck once said, something about committing suicide out of fear of death...

Holy poo poo I almost wish we’d have a snap election now just to see Ebba getting hammered on panels about her stance on criminally charged politicians :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

F4rt5 posted:

Don't know the case or anything but that is at least an attempt to perhaps set focus on an unjust law that should be altered?

That would make sense if this was one of those unjust cases, but it's so clearly not. In the middle of legal twist over a housesale with an 80+ old man suffering from dementia she tries to pressure the opposing legal counsel by defacing him in front of an audience of hundreds of thousands. All to increase her odds of winning said housing twist.

It's the most textbook bad faith defamation ever. Exactly the kind of behaviour the law exists to discourage.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naser Khader got metoo'd again.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

F4rt5 posted:

Don't know the case or anything

She's in a legal fight with an old man who claims she pushed him to sell his house to her, and at a below-market value. As the issue went to court, she posted on her social media that his legal council is a condemned criminal (which he is). But even if this is true, using her social media presence to spread this information, especially when you can assume it's to undermine someone she's in a legal feud with, can very much be defamation. Since she now admits it the matter will not be settled in court, but will count as a guilty verdict.

Basically she's saying that Swedish laws are bad when they apply to her and should be ignored, but must be more harshly met out towards other people.

She never had a problem with defamation laws until she broke them. If you had asked her a few months ago, she'd probably answer that they should be harsher, just as she wants all other laws to get harsher.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 2, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Once again Ebba wish she was an American politician; this would be grift-city for her in that case, with all the “I’m being oppressed by the deep state” shot she could fling.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/danedstrom/status/1410941023765897222?s=20

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Nice one

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

housing twist.

Loving this swenglicism :)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Loving this swenglicism :)

She's surely in a twist right now

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

While it's fun to watch Sweden's political class step on the rake again and again, let's not leave out Norway. Our politicians can gently caress up too!

Some of you may recall that in 2019, a VG journalist did a documentary-series about "gay conversion therapy", and how it was actually A Thing that did, in fact, happen. This caused a bit of a to-do, politically, and the government, led by Høyre, promised that this would be dealt with. A ban on this poo poo would happen.

So they gave the task of working out the policy of banning GCT to the Ministry of Culture, since their coalition-partner, Venstre, had suggested that it handle all LGBTQI-related policies. The reason that the Ministry of Culture got that particular responsibility, is that the - massively homophobic - leader of Kristelig Folkeparti, Kjell Ingolf Ropstad was appointed to the head of the Ministry of Children and Families, which had previously been responsible for LGBTQI policy, and the man couldn't bear to even be mildly adjacent to us goddamned perverts.

And then, for two years, there was utter silence. Nothing. Not a thing.

Until last week, when the government spent the last few days of loving Pride month promising a ban.

Well, today they dropped the preliminary text of their proposed legislation, which is now soliciting comments from the public.

And it's... not good.

Basically, as it stands, and unless amended? The proposed law would ban GCT completely for children under the age for 16, but they're iffy on whether they need to ban it up to 18. Furthermore, as long as there is 'genuine consent' ( a term that even I, a non-legally educated bi dumbass can work out how to get a loving oil-platform past ), it'll be A-Ok to offer, and market the practice to adults.

So, uh.

Instead of a ban, they basically just regulated it and legalized it.

Hooray.

e: If y'all want to look at it and can read Western Scandimoon, here's the link to the proposed 'ban':

https://www.regjeringen.no/no/dokumenter/horing-forslag-til-regulering-av-konverteringsterapi/id2862957/

e2: It should be noted, that Til Helhet, one of the primary groups that worried that they might be affected by and run afoul of this legislation, are perfectly fine with it and ready to have it become law right this moment, please and thankyou, my word yes.

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 2, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

But her toblerone

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

But her toblerone

But Bali's attempt to buy vot.... No, we don't care about that

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Potrzebie posted:

But Bali's attempt to buy vot.... No, we don't care about that

Maybe she should’ve just gone with the “jk lol” defense, that would satisfy the Twitter crowd at least.

Actually the right is already doubling down on her actually being a victim for telling the TRUTH so eh....

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Any scandals for KD are going to be considered partisan considering what S ministers like Ygeman and others got away with.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

That would make sense if this was one of those unjust cases, but it's so clearly not. In the middle of legal twist over a housesale with an 80+ old man suffering from dementia she tries to pressure the opposing legal counsel by defacing him in front of an audience of hundreds of thousands. All to increase her odds of winning said housing twist.

It's the most textbook bad faith defamation ever. Exactly the kind of behaviour the law exists to discourage.

Oh yeah that case yeah, that was completely poo poo

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

That's a big yikes! How the hell did they arrive at that?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

Naser Khader got metoo'd again.

I wonder if it will actually have consequences for him this time.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

That's a big yikes! How the hell did they arrive at that?

Kristelig Folkeparti ( Direct translation: The Christian People's Party. Moderate-to-conservative christian democrats. ), basically. They had an internal struggle about whether they should move towards the left or the right of Norwegian politics, and the ones wanting to move to the right won. This is how Kjell Ingolf Ropstad got to be the Minister of Families and Children, where, as I mentioned, he immediately decided to get rid of every last scrap of the Ministry's political portfolio that had anything to do with LGBTQI+ stuff. And I cannot emphasize this enough; He hates us so much that he would willingly reduce his own Ministry's power to avoid dealing with us.

Because apparently, LGBTQI+ people might be able to get married, but by God, he will never acknowledge that this makes our families 'okay'.

And, since our country runs on coalition governments, he and his party could basically block anything they didn't like on the GCT front until what we got was... that thing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

KozmoNaut posted:

I wonder if it will actually have consequences for him this time.

Some of the accusations concern sexual assault and what certainly reads like full-on penetrative rape, so I'll be surprised if he walks away from it with his career intact. Maybe with Nye Borgerlige?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lilljonas posted:

my heart and my best intentions still tell me that it's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me that it's not