Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

eviltastic posted:

hey, thanks!

I'm not disagreeing, but this also kinda reads like she's bougie enough to be looking to get a sommelier certification or be plugged in with that kind of wine crowd. This wouldn't be at all out of line with that.

Yeah, absolutely. "2-week internship at a winery" seems like the kind of thing a person who spends a million+ dollars a year on wine gets for christmas, or the kind of person who wants to sell a million+ dollars a year of wine suffers through for credibility, either one is not a plus for her in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

these drat republicans!! oh wait

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Surely this will cure the nation of homelessness

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Looking forward to receiving more waves of homeless people fleeing "progressive" california and new york

Oklahoma: We're... OK...? At least we don't have enough cops to cover as much ground as we occupy!!!!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sexpig by night posted:

oh 100% I want them both to fall into a big hole or whatever but at least the chuds tell me they hate me and enjoy seeing my life get worse, the dems will look you in the eye and tell you how sorry they are for the society they created's cruelty

They'll also tell you you're welcome for all the progress that they did nothing to enact.

LGBTQ+ people: *fight like hell, tooth and nail, blood sweat and tears, for decades finally win their landmark case in the Supreme Court*

Dems: *spending those same decades offering token support at best and more often actively opposing LGBTQ+ efforts in the name of pragmatism or declaring that the time just isn't right*

Also Dems: You're welcome for our sacrifice. *changes profile picture to a rainbow* Now tell those trans people to settle down.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Provide shelter, health care, and income to give those who are homeless a chance at living with dignity

-or-

Bring back bumfights

Dems: :thunk:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Infinitely more wisdom than whole of D&D

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Good soup! posted:

Provide shelter, health care, and income to give those who are homeless a chance at living with dignity

-or-

Bring back bumfights

Dems: :thunk:

It is 2021 and the people who made Bumfights still did more good for the homeless people featured in their film than most of the people who complained about Bumfights have done for literally any homeless person in the years since it was released

this is not a positive commentary on Bumfights, it is an indictment of our lovely society

edit: like, it's 2021, and homelessness still exists. What the gently caress is that?

this has always been an easy issue for the Dems to solve and they never will because they don't give a poo poo about people deemed useless to capital

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Jul 2, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/omarijhardy/status/1410713505590910978?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks

https://twitter.com/catmarketer/status/1410803587903545344?s=21

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Well that's ONE way to prop up the housing market!

This is so perverted, this list should be someone's [parody][in minecraft] list.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Mirthless posted:

Yeah, absolutely. "2-week internship at a winery" seems like the kind of thing a person who spends a million+ dollars a year on wine gets for christmas, or the kind of person who wants to sell a million+ dollars a year of wine suffers through for credibility, either one is not a plus for her in my book

Yup. And if you're close to or hold real power, being Serious About Wine is sorta like playing golf, in that it's common ground and socializing opportunity politely gated behind a bunch of traditional barriers to entry.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

the precinct is the area in which you live and have registered as a voter we use the precinct system to prevent people from voting more than once while i guess we could hypothetically devise a new system where precincts dont matter and people can just vote in person at whatever place they want that seems like the kind of idea that would create considerably more problems than it solves

also note that the ruling under discussion doesnt actually affect mail in voting except to the extent you have to mail the ballot in yourself or with the assistance of a person you personally know it just prevents ballot harvesting a practice im honestly surprised was ever legal to begin with because it sounds shady as all hell

What problem. Voter fraud is a myth.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

it is in fact literally impossible to set up a voting system like that because local elections exist it is possible to set up a voting system that can grab a ballot from your precinct and give it to you in a different precinct but youre still tied to the one precinct
Lol did you actually think people were saying they should be allowed to go to another precinct so they could vote for another town's mayor

Grabbing a ballot from your precinct and giving it to you in a different precinct is pretty loving obviously what people were talking about

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 16:32 on Jul 2, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shageletic posted:

What problem. Voter fraud is a myth.

Hey now, didn't we just have a do over election in NC after republicans ballot harvested from tons of people and threw out the ballots that were for Ds

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so are we just forgetting that this was a six three decision and that even if she had retired the liberal side still would have lost

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Libs gonna be real mad at CNN now

https://twitter.com/commieactivity/status/1410687819505356814?s=19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

Looking forward to receiving more waves of homeless people fleeing "progressive" california and new york

Oklahoma: We're... OK...? At least we don't have enough cops to cover as much ground as we occupy!!!!

lol whining about :ca: homeless coming to your poo poo hole state. it’s the same problem everywhere dude lol

https://twitter.com/imjacobnotjames/status/1409977113822830595?s=20

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1408993740404969476?s=20

https://twitter.com/CalMatters/status/1410621376180932611?s=20

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ruthgao4ky/status/1410230882800128000

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
would u rather be homeless at Venice beach or oklahoma lmao

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Attn, California, and any possible Californians reading this:

I'm not whining about receiving your refugees, just pointing out how ironic it is that you hate homeless people out there so much when Dems control the state and are supposed to be the compassionate ones

Oklahoma is a "good place to be homeless" because OKC and Tulsa are huge and they cover too much ground for the police to adequately harass. It's a terrible place to be homeless, but everywhere is a terrible place to be homeless, at least the police out here don't have a mandate from the pearl-clutching liberal public to hunt down the homeless and run them out of town

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Jul 2, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

so do any of these bills actually do anything to help these people or is it just to enforce violently removing them from public places

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

That New York khiver probably has her finger on the pulse of the party and in the event she wins will have tons of content to generate.

She's facing Carolyn Maloney a grand duke lich of the Dem party. She's gonna lose.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Lol did you actually think people were saying they should be allowed to go to another precinct so they could vote for another town's mayor

i know you were very excited to make this sick burn but maybe you should have tried reading the second half of my post where i explained who the people were that were affected by the law and why they were trying to vote at the wrong precincts

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzg9ksH__o/

Good thing he promised you no one will be executed on his watch, especially since his DOJ is trying to reinstate the death penalty for Nichael Tsarnaev.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

so do any of these bills actually do anything to help these people or is it just to enforce violently removing them from public places

it's fines for homeless people within 500 feet of any "public entrance" which includes any parks. but the enforcement has to be started by separate legislation to create a new Enforcement Zone so it lets each city council member create NIMBY zones based on who gives them money

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:yeshaha:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

so are we just forgetting that this was a six three decision and that even if she had retired the liberal side still would have lost

yes, but it's funny to see dems attack rbg

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
As a resident of Oklahoma, I welcome this nation's homeless, prove to the world that the reddest state in America is more compassionate than loving CALIFORNIA

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what does your heart tell you?

the real kicker is it's a power bar problem, so it is also cheaper to you know... do the right thing and just take care of them, than it is to send cops in to crack skulls, much less all the medical poo poo life outside does to you.

we pay more to be cruel. it's great.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's called tough love

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
bulldozer approaches the 110 to clear out the tent city of former taxpayers fallen on hard times

a "your tax dollars at work" sign on it

a man who bought his house in 1970 for $5 cheers.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh you

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

As a resident of Oklahoma, I welcome this nation's homeless, prove to the world that the reddest state in America is more compassionate than loving CALIFORNIA

they both suck, lol. i mean if ur plan is to give the homeless homes in oklahoma, thats great! if ur plan is to have homeless people get one way tickets to oklahoma to prove ???, not great!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

duomo posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzg9ksH__o/

Good thing he promised you no one will be executed on his watch, especially since his DOJ is trying to reinstate the death penalty for Nichael Tsarnaev.

really weird how he could instantly commute his sentence and keep this promise but he doesn't

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

Something something Heroic Savior Merrick Garland Seat Stolen something

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

Vote blue no matter who.

(Blue = police)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/aHandedMissus/status/1410989749389639683?s=20

the president makes all things possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU