Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Super No Vacancy posted:

i'm glad kayfabe rankings are back. wheres saitama super arena main eventer miyu yamashita though lol

Yeah, they don't show much love for Joshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
[STARDOM] Yokohama Dream Cinderella in Summer card announced (July 4th)

* Maika (DDM) and Lady C (Rookie) vs Hanan (STARS) and Hina (QQ) vs Saki Kashima and Rina (OT) vs Konami and Fukigen Death**★** (OT) - Gauntlet tag match (order will be decided before the event)

* Momo Watanabe and AZM (QQ/MOMOAZ) vs Starlight Kid and Ruaka (OT) - Tag match

* Mina Shirakawa (CA) vs Unagi Sayaka (CA) - **Future of STARDOM Tournament finals, 5th Future of STARDOM champion decision match**

* Giulia and Syuri (DDM/Alto Livello KABALIWAN) (c) vs Mayu Iwatani and Koguma (STARS/"Neo MK Sisters??") - **Goddesses of STARDOM Championship, 3rd defense for the 21st champion team**

* Tam Nakano (CA) (c) vs Saya Kamitani (QQ) (Cinderella Tournament 2021 winner) - **Wonder of STARDOM Championship, 2nd defense for the 15th champion (61st in the linear White Belt legacy)**

* Utami Hayashishita (QQ) (c) vs Natsuko Tora (OT) - **World of STARDOM Championship, 6th defense for the 13th champion (73rd in the linear Red Belt legacy)**

═══════════════
Match card looks solid. Really looking forward for the show, last 3 matches should be bangers.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This was one of my favourite matches from the first ACTRING show. The conceit was that all of Team Kaguya who were time displaced warriors kept trying to use their weaponry to the chagrin of referee Tommy, but Mari, who carries a sword to the ring anyway, decided to say "sure let's just have the match with swords"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r70F6n2Zssg

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Mayu Iwatani is aiming for retirement in the next 2 years

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/848554?page=1

═══════════════
It will defiantly be sad day in Stardom, but it's better for her to retire in her own terms, rather than face career ending injury. Plus she always can do one and off matches for big shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/arisa__nakajima/status/1410525569712721921?s=19

I guess SEAdLINNNG did a press conference in Ichigaya but I prefer to interpret this as she went to Chocolate Square to get her haircut.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Ichigaya Chocolate Square is going to be the new Tokyo Dome.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Ichigaya Chocolate Square Garden

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Power Windows posted:

Ichigaya Chocolate Square Garden

I read this as Ichigaya Chocolate Square Gaiden, and I'd play that.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/eipri2014/status/1410569174514995202?s=20

Pro Wrestling WAVE have a new rookie

Also the Catch the WAVE 2021 winner is ||Miyuki Takase, beating Rin Kadokura in the finals||.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Numero6 posted:

Ichigaya Chocolate Square is going to be the new Tokyo Dome.

Some say it's the chocolate Korakuen

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with today's TJPW show, and Yuka really is the biggest heel on the roster, at least among the full-timers. She's so rude to that poor Bee

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SG Bamboo posted:

Catching up with today's TJPW show, and Yuka really is the biggest heel on the roster, at least among the full-timers. She's so rude to that poor Bee
It's so amusing to me that when Mizuki's with Yuka she's just as rude, but on her own she's just a (loud) bubbly girl.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RealFoxy posted:

It's so amusing to me that when Mizuki's with Yuka she's just as rude, but on her own she's just a (loud) bubbly girl.

Djinns hypnotise others to carry out their will. Let's not forget how rude Endo was when teaming with the Rabbits, yet she was way more restrained when teaming with Maki. Must be magic

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SG Bamboo posted:

Djinns hypnotise others to carry out their will. Let's not forget how rude Endo was when teaming with the Rabbits, yet she was way more restrained when teaming with Maki. Must be magic

TJPW: Djinnship is Magic

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also recall that rabbits have no sense of right or wrong.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
English Commentary/Live international broadcast confirmed for the Yokohama Budokan show

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1410479521673879556

═══════════════
Seems like English commentary here to stay for Cinderella shows

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Tam says she will keep on wrestling for about two more years at most:

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/848661

═══════════════
First Mayu now Tam huge losses for company , Stardom will be very different in couple years.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what the reasons are for deciding to call it quits. Hopefully it forces them to elevate mono and jungle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what the reasons are for deciding to call it quits. Hopefully it forces them to elevate mono and jungle

They will never elevate Jungle

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Rarity posted:

Hope dies last

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Mayu wants to get married and have kids

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Mayu wants to get married and have kids

I'm given to understand that's often a reason for joshi retiring.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm finally catching last months Stardom Ota show & they sure telegraph who is going to swap teams in the Elimination Tag in the prematch VT. Focus was so hard on Starlight Kid. Add to that the team being a child, someone who hasn't been around since 2015, a freelancer who mostly wrestles for Mavelous & Wave & Mayu, I suppose you assume Oedo Tai have to lose.

There's not really much left of STARS until Small Saya & Jungle get healthy.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
As a stats junkie, i like to look how Stardom books wretlers in single matches, ahead of big Cinderella show. I tracked how each wrestler performed since last Cinderella show all the way until today. Natsuko Tora was booked strongest, but last town shows had taken couple L.
(W-L-D)

Mina Shirakawa (CA) (3-2-1) vs Unagi Sayaka (CA) (2-2-2) - Future of STARDOM Tournament finals,

Tam Nakano (CA) (c) (3-2-1) vs Saya Kamitani (QQ) (Cinderella Tournament 2021 winner) (2-1-1) - Wonder of STARDOM Championship

Utami Hayashishita (QQ) (c) (2-2-2) vs Natsuko Tora (OT) (4-2-0) - World of STARDOM Championship

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1411428599895187457?s=19

...is Rossy Ogawa booking an angle that Unagi is sleeping with him and calls him "Big Man"?!?!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It doesn't matter how tough Mina tries to talk, half her instagram stories are about a new Zaku model kit she's built and painted to match her gear.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://yapitori.bigcartel.com/product/burning

I guess the Giulia thing is still a sore subject for the Ice Ribbon girls

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I can definitely see how it would be a very sore spot for Tequila Saya specifically, and it sounds like she and Yappy are pretty close.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1411428599895187457?s=19

...is Rossy Ogawa booking an angle that Unagi is sleeping with him and calls him "Big Man"?!?!

Um no, that is not apart of their feud and I doubt Rossy is scripting Mina's interview for Shu Pro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

...so Mina and Unagi are sleeping together, is that how this works. Shu Pro is a gossip rag.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Um no, that is not apart of their feud and I doubt Rossy is scripting Mina's interview for Shu Pro.

ShuPro is a kayfabe magazine

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1411071460408397824

LMAO. Ando saving people's hearing. Annoyingly load Saya Kamitani sounds about right.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1411071460408397824

LMAO. Ando saving people's hearing. Annoyingly load Saya Kamitani sounds about right.

Saya is Ospreay levels of screaming to sell

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ShuPro is a kayfabe magazine

Sure it's a kayfabe magazine but the wrestlers are free to add their voices within kayfabe to build their matches however they want. This interview is %100 Mina herself.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Sure it's a kayfabe magazine but the wrestlers are free to add their voices within kayfabe to build their matches however they want. This interview is %100 Mina herself.

And you know that how?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

And you know that how?

I can't know for 100% but following the product and the wrestlers I feel like I can say with relative confidence that they have their own voices and ideas they're able to infuse to their character. It's why Tam Nakano usually has the more engaging feuds and promos unlike say a Momo. Whether through twitter, or pre match promos or interviews I can see her personality shine through. Same with people like Syuri, Natsu Sumire or Mayu. Plus I think it's unheard of for someone to be a Vince McMahon level of control freak to where they're scripting magazine interviews outside of Vince McMahon. Outside of wwe that's the way wrestling is. Like the two interviews with Saya and Mina they talk so much about their non Stardom experience and how that plays so much into where they're all now that I can't imagine 100% them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will bow to the Rossy Ogawa/ShuPro expert's superior knowledge.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1411264003402199040

I wonder if Hazuki has every considered acting in a wrestling based stage production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Does anyone else think they've run this SLK story arc in like double time? It's been two weeks since she was forcibly drafted into OT and now she's all in on their philosophy.

I know storytelling is not STARDOM's strong suit but jeez. Should have just had her betray Mayu and join freely.

Also, now that Natsuko is out for the foreseeable future with her knee, it'll be interesting to see what happens with OT.

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 4, 2021