Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I only got hurt by about 1% today, even including my large(for me) holding of NDRA. Suck it goons, Walmart will carry me to banker heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ror posted:

I saw people talking about $SPCE (Virgin Galactic) earlier this week but it had just spiked and seemed like a bad time to buy in. Looks like I should have bought the dip though since Branson just announced they're going to space before Musk and it's exploded in AH.

If you have fast fingers, you might get lucky at 9:30 tomorrow. I tend to see meme stocks either crater or spike dramatically in the opening minutes of the regular session.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i think branson might be cooler than elong.... as far as plutocrats are conerned... thats my DD for this thread. thanks all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
tesla has a way sicker logo tho and when you see it on the big factory in hawthorn and their big rocket standing up, its pretty sick. i know goons hate elong (for good reason... apartheid emerald mine.. etc) but its easy to see where the nerd lust comes from. its a powerful brand.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
It’s spelled Elon.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Tetramin posted:

It’s spelled Elon.

*lining up my awp*

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I'm surprised to discover there seem to be only a single city in the US named Elon. There is a Elong Elong in Australia tho. :eng101:

Anyway what do you guys use to look at them candles and do your fancy SMA's thingies? I'm using TradingView because it's free but I heard their data is no good

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I mean just compare the brands and you've got the Chad telsa and the... Virgin virgin

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

Le0 posted:

I'm surprised to discover there seem to be only a single city in the US named Elon. There is a Elong Elong in Australia tho. :eng101:

Anyway what do you guys use to look at them candles and do your fancy SMA's thingies? I'm using TradingView because it's free but I heard their data is no good

There's a whole university. Everyone I know from there drinks a lot, like they're still in college 10 years later.

Ror posted:

I saw people talking about $SPCE (Virgin Galactic) earlier this week but it had just spiked and seemed like a bad time to buy in. Looks like I should have bought the dip though since Branson just announced they're going to space before Musk and it's exploded in AH.

It's incredible that they're setting the timing of their launches based on beating the other guys, not on their rockets being ready. We're definitely going to see at least one billionaire explode this summer. (I hope it's Bezos)

Kase Im Licht fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 2, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What if it's all of them?

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Pretty sure I leveled up my degeneracy. Bought AHT at $5.90 and I'm eyeing more at $4.30. :suicide:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Aw yeah son:

would definitely get one of the old school ones but they don't ship those

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
22 minutes until AHT goes back to the pink sheets

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

SnatchRabbit posted:

Pretty sure I leveled up my degeneracy. Bought AHT at $5.90 and I'm eyeing more at $4.30. :suicide:

I'm sitting between 'sell before i lose more' and 'hold for future gains'. Lemme tell ya, seeing a lot of red across my gambling account sucks rear end.

I have $250 cash sitting in the account and now trying to decide what to blow it on today because I wanna see more red apparently.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Gonna try to catch the gains from the race of billionaires trying to blow themselves up in space

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
So TSLA misses deliveries and a car locks someone in and tries to burn them alive yesterday. Obviously it should shoot up 20 points at the open. Blech.

Doubled down on puts, but this time at a better position as it constantly rejects in that 690-700 level. Maybe one can make up for the other.

So I' m not going to talk about how badly I played MRIN today, but I am happy with this SPCE short. Seems kind of obvious that a huge bump on a meaningless PR stunt would have some kind of pullback.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Kase Im Licht posted:

So TSLA misses deliveries and a car locks someone in and tries to burn them alive yesterday. Obviously it should shoot up 20 points at the open. Blech.

Doubled down on puts, but this time at a better position as it constantly rejects in that 690-700 level. Maybe one can make up for the other.

So I' m not going to talk about how badly I played MRIN today, but I am happy with this SPCE short. Seems kind of obvious that a huge bump on a meaningless PR stunt would have some kind of pullback.

I can see SPCE going down back to 43-45 over next week, with another jump after Branson flies. If the flight is delayed or cancelled back to mid 30s probably. SPCE has been my best investment yet, but I made a mistake not selling at 56 last week. Sold it today at 51 from 29 average.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Man, this bag is getting heavy.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Kase Im Licht posted:

It's incredible that they're setting the timing of their launches based on beating the other guys, not on their rockets being ready. We're definitely going to see at least one billionaire explode this summer. (I hope it's Bezos)

No joke, my plan is to buy a bunch of Amazon puts just before the launch. The flight is only like 10 minutes so if they land safe I will just sell them after at probably a small loss, but if that fucker blows up the stock is going to tank bigtime at least over the very short term despite the fact Bezos is stepping down from Amazon.

It would be hilarious to be able to say "yeah I made like 20 grand off Bezos blowing up"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you're going to gamble on a billionaire blowing up, the safe bet is the one who exclusively manufactures products that burst into flames.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Man, this bag is getting heavy.

It is when I keep cramming more in.

I might be bad at this.

But the options prices are so good, I'm probably in until at least the July 16th options resolve and seeing where the price is then.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My losses this week have surpassed my gains for the year.

Nature is healing.

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:
What's up (down??) with gun stocks today? VSTO down 8%, SWBI almost 12.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

If you're going to gamble on a billionaire blowing up, the safe bet is the one who exclusively manufactures products that burst into flames.

Yeah I'll probably do it with virgin too

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

What's up (down??) with gun stocks today? VSTO down 8%, SWBI almost 12.

it's a reaction to june YoY FBI NICS background checks being down:
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

tough comp since june of last year was when people were panic buying due to race/BLM/whatever-you-want-to-call-it riots in major cities, etc. but still massively above june 2019 numbers.

comps aren't much easier in july.

I think it's an overreaction for VSTO (since they sell the ammo all those guns keep using, and have non-firearms-related biz) but the market is driven by headlines, so, well, who knows where prices will go.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pmchem posted:

it's a reaction to june YoY FBI NICS background checks being down:
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

tough comp since june of last year was when people were panic buying due to race/BLM/whatever-you-want-to-call-it riots in major cities, etc. but still massively above june 2019 numbers.

comps aren't much easier in july.

I think it's an overreaction for VSTO (since they sell the ammo all those guns keep using, and have non-firearms-related biz) but the market is driven by headlines, so, well, who knows where prices will go.

Definitely an overreaction then. Last year was insanity. Everyone is armored up now, but ammo is still scarce and expensive as hell.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Everything else is in the shitter but I won't post those to keep up my appearance of big good brain trader man

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Somebody post another sub-penny stock to get hyped about

I need another DPLS so I don't have to start turning tricks

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cr0y posted:

big good brain trader man

Wow look at the Galaxy brain on this guy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hadlock posted:

Wow look at the Galaxy brain on this guy

Right? That's a terrible photoshop job. The numbers on the eTrade app are only red.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Well, my 23 SPY $431 9/17 calls I got 2 weeks ago are loving mooning, Jesus. I'm now able to daytrade.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

cr0y posted:

Everything else is in the shitter but I won't post those to keep up my appearance of big good brain trader man

Great idea, bought some 436 calls Aug 20 exp at $5.71

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

C'mon $GOON, I'm ready for another spin at $2.10 but my limit order is sitting on the other side of your $2.1001 troughs.

Edit: okay then!

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 2, 2021

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How do I enter a position with this information 🤔

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Do any US brokers have an equivalent to M1 pies?

https://www.m1finance.com/how-it-works/invest/pies/
https://support.m1finance.com/hc/en-us/articles/221053327-Rebalance-Individual-Pies-and-Entire-Portfolio

I'd love to be able to set up an account with a list of stocks and ETFs and respective target percent values then click button to rebalance to those percents when I feel like it.

M1 seems to be the only option for this?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Well, that sucked.

edit: Oh god AHT after hours whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

D1Sergo posted:

Well, that sucked.

edit: Oh god AHT after hours whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

"Ashford Trust Announces 1-For-10 Reverse Stock Split Extending Management's Commitment To Making AHT Shareholder Friendly"

Edit: how the gently caress does this affect my 11 covered calls against my 1100 shares?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Deviant posted:

"Ashford Trust Announces 1-For-10 Reverse Stock Split Extending Management's Commitment To Making AHT Shareholder Friendly"

Lol

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm gonna get hosed right through my pants here, aren't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Cool. eTrade is stealing another $38 from me.

:suicide: