Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kirios posted:

lol Dynamite's gonna be right in the middle of a hurricane next week.

Yeah, HURRICANE QT MAR-SHALL IS COMIN TO MIAMI TO PUT THE STRAP ON CODY RHODES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's just a weird dynamic having Excalibur, Schiavone, and Worse Schiavone as the booth imo. I do not wish for him to be harmed or killed however.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kirios posted:

lol Dynamite's gonna be right in the middle of a hurricane next week.

Good News: Elsa's projected to be well into upstate Florida by Wednesday afternoon

Bad News: From there it's projected to slam headlong into NORTH CAROLINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JR commentating at 70 is like Hulk Hogan / Ric Flair / Undertaker wrestling at 55 - yeah he can kinda still do it but he should probably let somebody else have his spot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

I love it a lot, but it needs a little bit more. Some kinda hook when he does his stomp.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

ahaha, man. i think the horn fanfare is good enough for what Miro is doing and that's about all we'll get most entrances, it does get hella dramatic though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

rantmo posted:

I think there was mention of the theme getting built up as time goes on which is probably a good idea, but I'm extremely here for a guy getting announced by a fuckin shofar before he brings down the literal wrath of god on you

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

all the little miromaniacs will be buying shofars at the merch table

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

I think there was mention of the theme getting built up as time goes on which is probably a good idea, but I'm extremely here for a guy getting announced by a fuckin shofar before he brings down the literal wrath of god on you

i love that he prefaces the game over with the stomp the middle of the back, it's like the start of a Mortal Kombat fatality

edit: you could stick Miro right into MK12 or whatever with the Game Over, just have him roll back and take off the torso, give him a Zangief moveset

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Wrestling themes absolutely need more stuff like shofars to vary the sonic landscape of the sport. I like a good, distorted guitar as the next white man in his 40s but I like variety even more.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

blunt posted:

JR commentating at 70 is like Hulk Hogan / Ric Flair / Undertaker wrestling at 55 - yeah he can kinda still do it but he should probably let somebody else have his spot.

JR learned from the Hulkster, he is politicking behind the scenes to keep his spot and keep down rising star Veda Scott, and its disgusting imho

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rantmo posted:

It's perfect for a Chaos Paladin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miro's theme doesn't need changing at all cause it's fantastic. What needs to change is his entrance cause just coming out and doing a little hop doesn't fit the theatricaliy of the piece. Give him some fancy lighting and something like the Randy Orton pyro waterfall and it'll be perfect

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Bobby Lashley style AR CGI lightning. Do it coward Tony

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
everyone whining about JR go mainline some michael cole commentary right now and shut the gently caress up forever

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Miro's theme doesn't need changing at all cause it's fantastic. What needs to change is his entrance cause just coming out and doing a little hop doesn't fit the theatricaliy of the piece. Give him some fancy lighting and something like the Randy Orton pyro waterfall and it'll be perfect

Maybe if he prays before a match during his entrance or something?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

everyone whining about JR go mainline some michael cole commentary right now and shut the gently caress up forever

dang you've made a very positive contribution to the discussin here, tyvm

Michael Cole would never forget the name Orange Cassidy imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Burnt toast is better than poo poo from a cow but it doesn't mean I want to eat it

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8gvHXFs-Pc

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Hey, that was the Christian pyro waterfall before it was the Orton pyro waterfall. :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Hey, that was the Christian pyro waterfall before it was the Orton pyro waterfall. :colbert:

Yeah it should go to a new Christian - God's Champion.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Some of y'all are really weird about constructive criticism.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

That's what Twitter is for, Tony doesn't post here anymore.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

The problem is most of it isn't constructive. Most of it is either nitpicky or hyperbole.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the constructive criticism of "JR flubbed a word, he should die in a ditch!!!"

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i have a confession to make

i like it when JR calls back to the old days of wrestling, it gives a sense of history in this cursed carny fixed sport

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
JR is great when he's in a good mood and just reacting to fun stuff. Unfortunately that's not the JR we usually get. Everybody please try to cheer him up right before the show starts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don’t dare correct his mistakes on air or he’ll sulk like a child!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JR: what an amazing uh from Dusty Rhodes
Ex: Dustin Rhodes with the scoop slam!!!
JR: WELL I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the constructive criticism of "JR flubbed a word, he should die in a ditch!!!"

Who said anything close to that?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JT Smiley posted:

Who said anything close to that?

maybe if you read some of the posts at face value instead of goofy hyperbole?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't see anybody saying JR should die for his commentary but I sure do see people saying "the headset is the only thing keeping him alive!" and I think THAT'S pretty weird.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

I didn't see anybody saying JR should die for his commentary but I sure do see people saying "the headset is the only thing keeping him alive!" and I think THAT'S pretty weird.

yeah f'real, the people on the other side of "this main cast member fucks up a lot and lessens my enjoyment of the product" are way stranger lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So anyway, in his Q&A podcast Sean Ross Sapp reiterated that the releases will have a domino effect a few months from now and (separately, though I got the vibe they were related) that a "big name" has a contract expiring this year and is planning to jump ship (whether from WWE to AEW or AEW to WWE or another promotion entirely he didn't specify).

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sooner or later someone we love in AEW will take the money/whatever and go to WWE and it's gonna suck/be weird

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

every week that passes where JR doesn't get to call a woman 'jezebel' on live television drains a further 10% of his lifeforce, and it's a god drat shame

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh we talking about Bea Priestley now?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh we talking about Bea Priestley now?