Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

smarxist posted:

sooner or later someone we love in AEW will take the money/whatever and go to WWE and it's gonna suck/be weird
welcome to nxt, fiero de la son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The secret to good JR involves promoting Godzilla vs Kong every week

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

So anyway, in his Q&A podcast Sean Ross Sapp reiterated that the releases will have a domino effect a few months from now and (separately, though I got the vibe they were related) that a "big name" has a contract expiring this year and is planning to jump ship (whether from WWE to AEW or AEW to WWE or another promotion entirely he didn't specify).

When's Randy's contract up? Oh, 2024. Nevermind.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 2, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's still weird to think that Max Caster is only one year on from losing to Shawn Spears in 3 minutes on Dark.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

It's still weird to think that Max Caster is only one year on from losing to Shawn Spears in 3 minutes on Dark.

He is less than one year from losing to Allie Kat in Beyond after the incredible "Atlantic City (Allie Kat Diss Track!!!)"

Also I think the only big AEW contract that could be up this year is Jericho, unless Hangman only signed for 3. I don't think either is leaving either. The only big star I'd think might leave after his deal is up is Pac, but only because Pac might just retire.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 2, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Evil Badman posted:

When's Randy's contract up?

In 2024 if he signed a 5 year last time

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Evil Badman posted:

When's Randy's contract up? Oh, 2024. Nevermind.

please keep randy snorton far away from aew

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

JUNGLE BOY posted:

In 2024 if he signed a 5 year last time

Yeah. I forgot he upped his contract recently.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please keep randy snorton far away from aew

Randy's fine when he's having fun. Sorry.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

So anyway, in his Q&A podcast Sean Ross Sapp reiterated that the releases will have a domino effect a few months from now and (separately, though I got the vibe they were related) that a "big name" has a contract expiring this year and is planning to jump ship (whether from WWE to AEW or AEW to WWE or another promotion entirely he didn't specify).

I don’t see how contextually that would indicate an AEW->WWE jump if they were related items, not that that jump isn’t one but able once the initial contracts start to expire.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t see how contextually that would indicate an AEW->WWE jump if they were related items, not that that jump isn’t one but able once the initial contracts start to expire.

He didn't explicitly say they're related but I agree, wouldn't make sense for it to be an AEW to WWE jump if they are.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
whenever i think of randy orton i think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZztCCZ1lIXs

and i think there's a fun heel hidden in there that he might be able to show off before he retires, but also the more i think about it i think ethan page fills that spot currently

there's not many current wwe wrestlers that i think i'd write off entirely if i heard they were showing up in a different promotion, even if it wasn't aew

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve been hearing about how Randy Orton is really good when he tries since I started watching again in 2015 and I’m really excited to see him try!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m actually curious who the first big AEW to WWE jump will be. It’s inevitable that it will happen eventually.

Not talking about the people who wrestled a bit on dark and went to NXT. I mean like a Moxley level star or someone close to it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Pretty sure this is Sami Zayn.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’ve been hearing about how Randy Orton is really good when he tries since I started watching again in 2015 and I’m really excited to see him try!

Wait until 2024.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dacap posted:

I’m actually curious who the first big AEW to WWE jump will be. It’s inevitable that it will happen eventually.

Not talking about the people who wrestled a bit on dark and went to NXT. I mean like a Moxley level star or someone close to it.

idk, i feel like any big names are gonna be people who are already getting a chunk of change in aew and i don't know what wwe would offer other than money to pull them away. the few people who have made aew appearances and then returned to wwe are people like mercedes martinez who weren't sold on aew at the very beginning, hurricane helms who showed up for a cameo and was unlikely to be used for anything else, or ben carter who literally could not get a job in the us and had to join the only major company left in the uk

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

The only name that really comes to mind is MJF and I still don't think he's very likely.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

And since SRS said dominoes, the next domino would obviously be Logan Paul to AEW

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

And since SRS said dominoes, the next domino would obviously be Logan Paul to AEW

no he's saying that Neena Thurman is All Elite

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

MJeff posted:

Hopefully when Sami is released from WWE he can go back to Tijuana to take care of the orphans so El Generico has time to wrestle in AEW. One can hope.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
John Cena to AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

The only name that really comes to mind is MJF and I still don't think he's very likely.

MJF is on a 5 year deal so AEW would have to have 0 defections from anyone who signed a 3 year deal.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

No. Keep Randy Orton away from AEW.

Been watching WWE off and on for about 10 years and he's never done a loving thing worthwhile. All he has is the RKO and the worlds slowest walk to the ring.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if Randy Orton comes to AEW they should change his name to Howard Sarnoff

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing about Orton is, back in 2019, WWE was in maximum SIGN EVERYBODY mode, they were throwing absolutely profane amounts of money at people just to not go to AEW and Orton is somebody they've always pushed as a top guy, so they would give him anything to not go. So if Orton was still to turn all of that down and take probably a lot less money and perks to go to AEW, it would've meant he was probably pretty motivated to do something special. From that aspect, it was at least an intriguing idea.

But it seems like he was either A) Just using AEW as leverage to get more money from WWE or B) Expected to be hailed as a God and given the world just for even considering signing with them. Either way, not worth it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

MJF is on a 5 year deal so AEW would have to have 0 defections from anyone who signed a 3 year deal.

Is there anyone huge who they only have signed to a 3 year deal that would jump ship?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dacap posted:

I don’t think it’d actually happen, but I could see the Lucha Bros jump if the money was right, maybe less so now that they have their boutique in LA.

Maybe WWE dumps a bunch of money on Private Party or The Acclaimed, who apparently could’ve ended up in the PC instead.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Randy as

THE SERPENTICO DOS

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t think it’d actually happen, but I could see the Lucha Bros jump if the money was right, maybe less so now that they have their boutique in LA.

Maybe WWE dumps a bunch of money on Private Party or The Acclaimed, who apparently could’ve ended up in the PC instead.

Nah, we're at the point where Andrade (and probably Samuray) are actively warning all their lucha buddies away from WWE. Plus, yeah, the boutique you mentioned.

Private Party, I could definitely see, particular because uh, after two years, I haven't seen a terrible amount of growth from them and I dunno what their ceiling even is in AEW right now. Wasn't Bowens already at the PC, though?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

rantmo posted:

Wrestling themes absolutely need more stuff like shofars to vary the sonic landscape of the sport. I like a good, distorted guitar as the next white man in his 40s but I like variety even more.

People say this but then Emi Sakura comes out to some disintegration loop-rear end aural madness and everyone complains it's a bad theme.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Speakin' of Samuray.

https://www.samuraydelsol.com/

Countdown expires at 8 PM on the 14th. 👀

Or the 13th and I can't read calendars. But I'm gonna pretend he's showing up at Fyter Fest!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
doesn't wwe already have a tag team that's used basically exactly like they'd use private party?

edit: i'm thinking of the street profits

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
WWE are having repeated rounds of mass redundancies as they cut down the expenditure for whatever reason. Until that changes they're not going to dig deep to poach an established AEW star, or even a midcarder they see potential for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh I think a feud between Private Party and Street Profits where Private Party tries to big-time Street Profits as small time street partiers and they're big time VIP club partiers, but Street Profits just calls them out as being total posers would be really fun, but, we're talking WWE here so it'd probably be garbage.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I could definitely see a bidding war for Britt when her contract is up, assuming Adam Cole hasn't been Khan'd by then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Is there anyone huge who they only have signed to a 3 year deal that would jump ship?

I'm not sure who signed what. I used to assume the younger guys with star potential were all signed to 5, but it turned out Darby was signed to a shorter deal than that but they extended him.

The EVPs were 5, Jericho was 3. I think Pac is 3. I would guess Sammy is a 3 year deal but I'm not sure.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i don't mind JR's flubs or weird old southern man idioms because they make him sound like a human and are way better than the clone army vince built to call his programs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

He is less than one year from losing to Allie Kat in Beyond after the incredible "Atlantic City (Allie Kat Diss Track!!!)"

Also I think the only big AEW contract that could be up this year is Jericho, unless Hangman only signed for 3. I don't think either is leaving either. The only big star I'd think might leave after his deal is up is Pac, but only because Pac might just retire.

PAC's only 34, is one of those guys who is into wrestling as an art and spent 18 months of his career being stuck at home not being able to wrestle. I doubt he hangs up the boots yet. He must really want to prove he can be the main champ in a big company

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jericho yelling "that guy in the corn shirt loves it!" easily cements this episode of wwe dynamite as a top 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

PAC's only 34, is one of those guys who is into wrestling as an art and spent 18 months of his career being stuck at home not being able to wrestle. I doubt he hangs up the boots yet. He must really want to prove he can be the main champ in a big company

On the other hand, if he decided he was sick of constantly losing years of his physical prime to constant bullshit, couldja blame him?