Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

They want to boost morale without spending money

Who is willing to bet the whole thing was recorded and ends up as a Network special or similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hoss Corncave posted:

My last boss decided that the way to boost morale was holding mandatory meetings outside of working hours that would involve a "state of the team" talk followed by a fun quiz that he would set up. The first one of these was the week where half the department was furloughed and the rest of us had to take mandatory temporary pay cuts while still working full time and he decided the best idea for a quiz would be to show pictures of all the places he'd either worked in or been on holiday to around the world over the years and ask us where that place was. The most amazing question however was him showing a picture of a table with a large amount of cash on it (dozens of stacks of it) and ask us why he had so much money on him when he went to one particular country.

I'm so much happier at my new place.

Jesus, this is some narcissist poo poo. Makes me happy that at least all of my bad bosses were micromanagers and not lunatics.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Vince watching the talent show and assigning twenty new stage magician and girl who sings gimmicks based on the acts

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

"Mandatory talent show" is my worst loving nightmare.
It has a real "dance, my puppets, dance" vibe to it.

Karma Tornado posted:

Vince watching the talent show and assigning twenty new stage magician and girl who sings gimmicks based on the acts
Anna Jay's AEW debut but instead Abadon is a pinkslip.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Karma Tornado posted:

They’re already calling up Karrion and Scarlett

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Lana/CJ Perry went on Jericho podcast. Haven't listened so I'm just stealing it from reddit

quote:

Just finished listening to it. Here are some of the primary notes from the podcast:

• The issues with WWE storytelling: Storylines dropped on a whim. Lacked realistic portrayals of human interaction, call-backs, or intertwining stories (i.e. why wouldn't she occasionally interact with Bobby Lashley post-divorce, considering they still worked at the same company?). Lots of comparisons to Grey's Anatomy and Game of Thrones for how things could improve.

• She feels she has a good grasp on characters and stories. Said she actually talked with Miro about things to do to focus his character in AEW (presumably post break-up with Kip).

• Overall she enjoyed the relationship storylines she was involved in, and Lana's crazy love life. Says that the "smart marks" didn't like it, but it was generally well recieved both online and among the live crowds.

• Feeling sad, yet relieved about being fired. Always felt like it was looming over her. Was shocked by the timing because she was in the middle of a storyline (with talk about potentially winning the tag title with Naomi). Had just purchased $4,000 custom glow-in-the-dark gear.

• Felt like she didn't want to be complacent, and worked hard (with Nattie and TJ at the "Dungeon 2.0") to become a better wrestler (which she implied others didn't necessarily do, and some just rested on their athleticism to get by). Felt like things were finally clicking in regards to her ring work.

• The struggles of working without a crowd in the pandemic era. How hard tapings would be due to Vince constantly rewriting things. Noted one ~19 hour workday just for a ~60 second promo, including going home and being called back due to a change of plans (I might have the exact numbers wrong but it was something like that). Preferred when they at least moved back to live tapings, even though they still didn't have a real crowd to work with.

• Frustration with her storyline with Rusev being dropped after TMZ posted pictures of their engagement (after Lana had just sent it privately to some friends). Felt like she was unfairly punished for that, and went through extreme measures to ensure that nothing like that happened during the storyline with Lashley (i.e. no social media posts about her husband for 11 months). Noted that it was strange that it needed to be that way because she's essentially just an actress playing a role.

• Overall feels like it's tougher to be a woman in WWE than a man. Says men get a lot more focus, attention, and help. Did note that she was a different case, as many great wrestlers helped her in her early days, which she attributes to her success as a manager (names Dusty, Triple H, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and Arn Anderson).

• The Russian character was important to her because she felt like she needed something to set her apart from the other pretty, blonde girls.

• Disliked the firing process of WWE, and how you essentially must immediately cut all ties with the company (also brought up the Mickie trash bag incident). Wished she could go back to collect her stuff, or take pictures with her friends one last time. Also wished she could go back to thank the writers and producers who she worked with, who she doesn't have the phone numbers of.

• She was fired via phone call from Johnny Ace, which she thought was going to be a call about a new project that there had been talks of (said she couldn't reveal any specifics, but maybe a TV show or something?). After being fired, Vince did reach out and send a complimentary text message.

• Gets really emotional about the idea of this being the end of her wrestling career. Felt like she was finally getting the hang of it, and wants to be able to go out on her own terms.

The order is all out of whack, but I think that's the general gist of things. As always, it is better to listen if you can to get the full context of the convers

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Karma Tornado posted:

this is what it made me think of, material for Vince to latch onto and make their entire one-note character

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Digital Jedi posted:

Disliked the firing process of WWE, and how you essentially must immediately cut all ties with the company (also brought up the Mickie trash bag incident). Wished she could go back to collect her stuff, or take pictures with her friends one last time. Also wished she could go back to thank the writers and producers who she worked with, who she doesn't have the phone numbers of.

gently caress, that's ghoulish.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A 19 hour work day just to say "at Raw I'm going to show you I'm not just another pretty face, and take this title opportunity and turn it into a win" after going through a thousand rewrites sounds tremendous, so sorry I don't work for a deranged old mad bastard.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

what's most notable about WWE isn't that they're evil (they've always been evil). It's that they used to be competently evil. Now they're just as horrible as they ever were but they're also chaotically inept.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

Who is willing to bet the whole thing was recorded and ends up as a Network special or similar?

Donnybrook Theatre returns!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Every time a person leaves or gets canned by this company and earnestly but rationally talks about the utter insanity that goes on there, it sorta blows your mind people still defend their decisions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

Lana/CJ Perry went on Jericho podcast. Haven't listened so I'm just stealing it from reddit

This oddly does not mention her bringing up that a table spot at Survivor Series got nixed because of Roman Reigns.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol roman had a fit and made it so that lana's victory at survivor series looked like poo poo, she was actually supposed to wrestle and beat bianca, and all the women were on board with it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

This oddly does not mention her bringing up that a table spot at Survivor Series got nixed because of Roman Reigns.

Did she say why he nixed it?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Shard posted:

Did she say why he nixed it?

Because he had a table spot with McIntyre later in the program, so he didn't want them to have it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ooooooahhhhhh

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So maybe those rumors that Roman hosed over Sasha and Bayley's angle are true?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Roman also nixed Lana's plans to get bigger teeth installed

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Roman wants a WWE full of small teeth only. You have to fill in the gaps with more of them, so everyone on the roster has too many small teeth.

I read this on WOR.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lmao just imagining CJ trying to do increasingly dangerous poo poo to keep her job, while the samoans are just bellowing at each other to prove who gets to potentially injure a co-worker

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shayna Baszler posted:

Roman also nixed Lana's plans to get bigger teeth installed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Have any of you ever watched a show with 2 table spots in it and the amount of table spots make it less enjoyable? Aw man I was really enjoying this action movie but then they threw that guy through a window when that already happened to another guy earlier now it sucks

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
listen man, how could roman be head of the table if someone else breaks it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I for one am shocked that Roman became a prima donna after Vince shoved him down our throats for years

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman was correct. The weak should serve the strong. In case you haven't noticed, there's a war on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I for one am shocked that Roman became a prima donna after Vince shoved him down our throats for years

Remember, he replaced the Undertaker as the locker room leader!

Not people who've been there longer like Kofi or Sheamus

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kunabomber posted:

listen man, how could roman be head of the table if someone else breaks it

He should get a table tattooed on his head.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shard posted:

Have any of you ever watched a show with 2 table spots in it and the amount of table spots make it less enjoyable? Aw man I was really enjoying this action movie but then they threw that guy through a window when that already happened to another guy earlier now it sucks

This from a company that did 4 Cell matches in a single week this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

Don't be ridiculous, they didn't do 4 HIAC matches in a week

They did 4 HIAC matches in 73 hours (~9:30PM SD to ~10:30PM Raw)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You can really see the difference in match quality with WWE's rigorous methodology of "getting my poo poo in" and "other people can't use my spots" when comparing WWE to AEW. Truly a game changer policy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

roman sucks for doing that but the concept is funny to me that roman is the reason why wwe made something look like poo poo. just come up with something else that's decent with your 100 writers and 25 former good wrestler producers. even if it's on 20 minutes notice that could be done. but nobody gave a poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dacap posted:

yeah lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Interview notes is missing how Vince thought Lana winning Survivor Series by doing nothing was hilarious.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Digital Jedi posted:

After being fired, Vince did reach out and send a complimentary text message.

this was 100% him hoping he could ask her out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dacap posted:

Hell (in a Cell) Week

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Astro7x posted:

Interview notes is missing how Vince thought Lana winning Survivor Series by doing nothing was hilarious.

Kinda is tho

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

• Disliked the firing process of WWE, and how you essentially must immediately cut all ties with the company (also brought up the Mickie trash bag incident). Wished she could go back to collect her stuff, or take pictures with her friends one last time. Also wished she could go back to thank the writers and producers who she worked with, who she doesn't have the phone numbers of.

This is really strange since Chelsea Green just spoke about how they’ve let her go back to the PC for treatment with their physiotherapists for her hosed up arm, so I guess it doesn’t apply to everyone but it’s weird that the exception would be a relative nobody in the WWE pool rather than a more known talent.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shotzi, Toni Storm, and Kross are all doing dark matches again tonight

Lol if they call up both their men’s NXT champs while still holding the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

This is really strange since Chelsea Green just spoke about how they’ve let her go back to the PC for treatment with their physiotherapists for her hosed up arm, so I guess it doesn’t apply to everyone but it’s weird that the exception would be a relative nobody in the WWE pool rather than a more known talent.

The exception would probably be that if her arm ended up irreperably hosed up because the treatments stopped before her arm completely healed, she's got a lay-up of a lawsuit that would cost them a lot more money than just letting her finish those treatments