Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Schmeichy posted:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why he goes to the dry cleaners on company time

I think the mean "that's why his assistant goes to the dry cleaners on company time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

Have you ever seen the Brady bunch? They are a model family with a giant house and a live in maid. Papa Brady must have been pulling in at least $400,000 a year in 2021 dollars

The only unusual thing about them is the dead spouses, which was a conscious decision to not make them divorced which would have somehow created more feelbads
The show never explicitly says what happened to the girls’ dad, and Florence Henderson considered Carol to be divorced.
:goonsay:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Thanatosian posted:

I think the mean "that's why his assistant goes to the dry cleaners on company time."

Sorry, "that's why he entertains clients at the strip club on company time"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Schmeichy posted:

Sorry, "that's why he entertains clients at the strip club on company time"

Typical anti worker sentiment on the failing left. We should be universalize working in strip clubs instead of crab bucketing away that basic human right

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
People are so loving dumb with The Simpsons they like to say "It started off as a down to earth show about a struggling middle class family it could've been a live action sitcom in the first season without changing anything." When literally they go to a very expensive opera show in episode 2 and Homer gets nationally recognized as being some kind of ape creature in episode 7.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Bob's Burgers is better than the Simpsons is and ever was.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Beartaco posted:

definitely better songs.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
bobs burgers has too much theater kid energy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

bobs burgers has too much theater kid energy

plus the VAs are mediocre and the animation is pretty ugly

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

indigi posted:

plus the VAs are mediocre and the animation is pretty ugly

:wrong:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
great, another cartoon feud

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Beartaco posted:

American Dad is better than the Simpsons is and ever was.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
loving leftists, always splitting

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Meanwhile in brand-land:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Warmachine posted:

Meanwhile in brand-land:

It's very cool to look the exact amount of poor

Also see: AF1s back in vogue.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Schmeichy posted:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why he goes to the dry cleaners on company time

WFH, for those lucky enough, means everything is done on company time.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It takes me 10-15 minutes to meet my KPI target for 30 minutes

I shower, nap, feed birds, visit local shops on company time

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My entire job is basically doing a day's work in 30 minutes and spending the rest of the time ensuring that the bosses never find out how long it actually takes to do anything

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

My entire job is basically doing a day's work in 30 minutes and spending the rest of the time ensuring that the bosses never find out how long it actually takes to do anything

Same but like, a week's work.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"I'M WORKING SO HARD RIGHT NOOOOOOW"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Elon loving around on social media does seem to :airquote:create more value:airquote: for TSLA than the actual work they do

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

the sex ghost posted:

I strongly believe this is at least 90% of office Jobs.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
fuk u fomo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

weird. I've got two kids under 12 years old so I'm acutely aware of it every waking moment of my life.

loving LOVE feeling like we’ve had a two year long summer vacation and I can’t get the hell away from these kids ever, we take turns getting groceries alone because it’s the only break other than work

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

People are so loving dumb with The Simpsons they like to say "It started off as a down to earth show about a struggling middle class family it could've been a live action sitcom in the first season without changing anything." When literally they go to a very expensive opera show in episode 2 and Homer gets nationally recognized as being some kind of ape creature in episode 7.

homer tries to drive over protestors in a truck in something like the 4th episode.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Ahh opera.

Homer also went to space and Australia and has *sniffs LOBSTERS FOR DINNER

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

i am harry posted:

homer tries to drive over protestors in a truck in something like the 4th episode.

that jiust makes him a patrriot

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Beartaco posted:

I've seen most of Bob's Burgers and I can think of maybe one joke? Anyway, weird opinion.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cloks posted:

I've seen most of Bob's Burgers and I can think of maybe one joke? Anyway, weird opinion.

they made a joke?? which season?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

imagine being a kid and your parents don't want to be around you lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shifty Nipples posted:

I wouldn't say I don't like being around them but I totally understand how the "alcoholic homemaker" trope took hold as a way to make fun of women who are just trying to have the same conversation every day with two small humans who dgaf that they already told you about this episode of Wild Kratts.

I love my kids a whole bunch but I've seen them everyday from sun up to sun down for 15 months straight. it's the reverse of being shipped off overseas for a year but somehow still majorly affects you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

My work is 90% educated guesses (or arsefeel as we call it) and 10% stuff I automated. Don't tell anyone.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I wouldn't say I don't like being around them but I totally understand how the "alcoholic homemaker" trope took hold as a way to make fun of women who are just trying to have the same conversation every day with two small humans who dgaf that they already told you about this episode of Wild Kratts.

I love my kids a whole bunch but I've seen them everyday from sun up to sun down for 15 months straight. it's the reverse of being shipped off overseas for a year but somehow still majorly affects you.

The phrase isn't "it takes 1-2 individuals working without breaks indefinitely to raise a child" for a reason. Wild kratts rules though, I've learned so many second hand animal facts that always, amazingly, turn out to be true.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Shifty Nipples posted:

I wonder who in here doesn't have kids (or can't remember being one)

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Beartaco posted:

Nah. No way. Bob's Burgers is almost always good but is rarely great. In the classic run of The Simpsons there is something memorable about nearly every episode. I mean, those episodes are still referenced today constantly up to 30 years later. Name 10 memorable Bob's Burgers moments.

I don't fault people for thinking this though because The Simpsons has sucked for over 20 years. A few years ago I was binging Bob's Burgers heavily and thinking "I suppose this is as good as good Simpsons", but then they put it all on Disney+ and I've been streaming them all with a friend who had never seen them before but also loves Bob's Burgers, and, there's just no comparison. Bob's Burgers is a great comfort food show - you always know what you're going to get and it delivers on that well. But that's all it is.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, the first 10 or so seasons of Simpsons are just too good. Early simpsons, teacher, mother, secret lover!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

skooma512 posted:

Ahh opera.

Homer also went to space and Australia and has *sniffs LOBSTERS FOR DINNER

Is your av from simpsons?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

HootTheOwl posted:

Is your av from simpsons?