Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CitizenKain posted:

A guy working a local car wash lost his leg while working at a car wash.

https://helenair.com/news/local/hel...ome-top-story-1

It's a way to make a limpin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's pretty badass

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Are they spraying the sea with water?

I don't think that's going to help.

the spraying of water in that video isn't to try and put the fire out, it's a water shield to protect the boats and crew from the heat

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The Philadelphia PD bombed black people for being uppity

Not quite. Everyone hated MOVE - especially their neighbors. They were a bunch of back-to-nature weirdos who were slowly turning their property into an open garbage dump/sewer/rat hotel while starting fights with their neighbors and lambasting the street for… reasons over a megaphone. They obviously didn’t deserve to be shot and bombed but they definitely didn’t draw the ire of the law by simply being “uppity”

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol there was a statue of the guy that ordered it outside city hall until last year.

The mayor at the time was Wilson Goode, not Frank Russo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

Not quite. Everyone hated MOVE - especially their neighbors. They were a bunch of back-to-nature weirdos who were slowly turning their property into an open garbage dump/sewer/rat hotel while starting fights with their neighbors and lambasting the street for… reasons over a megaphone. They obviously didn’t deserve to be shot and bombed but they definitely didn’t draw the ire of the law by simply being “uppity”

Dude, this just reads as attempted justification. Maybe don't do that. "They didn't deserve that" and then "But nobody liked them" isn't doing the lifting you think it is.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

"I'm not racist, but..."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Dude, this just reads as attempted justification. Maybe don't do that. "They didn't deserve that" and then "But nobody liked them" isn't doing the lifting you think it is.

It was to the point that something needed to be done. They kept escalating their assault on the neighborhood and the neighbors in turn were screaming at the city to do something about them.

Bombing them and burning down several blocks was not the right thing. Something slightly less violent and stupidly executed probably would have sufficed.

So it's possible that MOVE was obnoxious and a public nuisance, AND the Philadelphia PD hosed up their attempt to do something about them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

The mayor at the time was Wilson Goode, not Frank Russo.

Yeah, that was their justification to kick them out and maybe cite them or even possibly arrest them. They got a bomb from the loving ATF, got in a mother loving helicopter, and dropped literal explosives on goddamn children you loving ghoul specifically because they wanted to teach anyone who would do the same thing a lesson you child murder justifying piece of poo poo.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

The Dollop episode on them is remarkable for how it handles this. 3/4 of the episode is just building up how terrible MOVE was and how hostile they were to their neighbors. In any other situation they would be the villians of the story.

Then the cops show up and by the end of the episode you're on MOVE's side.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

CommieGIR posted:

What part of "MOVE bad, cops worse" are you most struggling with?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I do think a distinction needs to be drawn between situations where major law enforcement action was required and then the cops murdered a bunch of black people for no good reason, situations where minor law enforcement action was required and then the cops murdered a bunch of black people for no reason, and situations where no law enforcement action was required and then the cops murdered a bunch of black people for no reason.

Describing the former as "The Philadelphia PD bombed black people for being uppity" detracts from describing the latter as "The Philadelphia PD bombed black people for being uppity"

Splicer fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 2, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYu6eRQH2M
https://apnews.com/article/mexico-fires-business-e6e053384af21242722f2f3fc1acb27d

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A Kaiju is going to come out of that any second now

https://twitter.com/its_natclayton/status/1411097150528839684

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, that was their justification to kick them out and maybe cite them or even possibly arrest them. They got a bomb from the loving ATF, got in a mother loving helicopter, and dropped literal explosives on goddamn children you loving ghoul specifically because they wanted to teach anyone who would do the same thing a lesson you child murder justifying piece of poo poo.

He didn't try to justify it though.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

When I did IT for a civil engineering firm, I managed a fleet of cell phones for the people going out to remote sites. One of the inspectors came back and said he lost his phone...as in, it fell out of his pocket while they were paving a road, and it now lives entombed forever in several inches of asphalt.

The provider gave me a rash of poo poo when I called in for a replacement phone. Apparently, knowing exactly where it was meant it wasn't lost, even if it was doomed to become an archeological artifact before anyone touched it again :psyduck:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

sigher posted:

He didn't try to justify it though.

Yeah, you're right he just "both sides"ed it, which is a distinction without a difference. MOVE loving sucked and the cops took the opportunity to make them an object lesson. I don't want to hear that "something needed to be done" when they killed children and then kept the bones of those same children in a mother loving museum.

Edited to say "kept in a museum". As in, just this year those same cops conspired to not give back the remains of their children to the parents. I don't care how loving lovely the parents are, that is the kind of thing that earns someone a close spot next to the furnace in Hell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Azathoth fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 3, 2021

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Azathoth posted:

I don't want to hear that "something needed to be done"

Then you quoted the wrong person.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

EasilyConfused posted:

Then you quoted the wrong person.

Scratch Monkey posted:

They obviously didn’t deserve to be shot and bombed but...

And by "they", they're including their children in "they", who the cops knew were there.

"I'm not saying that it was appropriate for the cops to drop bombs on children, Bbbbuuuuuuttttt....."

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Azathoth posted:

And by "they", they're including their children in "they", who the cops knew were there.

"I'm not saying that it was appropriate for the cops to drop bombs on children, Bbbbuuuuuuttttt....."

Do you not recognize any position between "these people did nothing wrong" and "these people and their children should be murdered and their bodies desecrated"?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cat Hatter posted:

Do you not recognize any position between "these people did nothing wrong" and "these people and their children should be murdered and their bodies desecrated"?

I'm saying that under no circumstances should anyone ever attempt to explain the very rational reasons the cops had for the extrajudicial murder of children and why they might have kinda deserved it, yeah.

MOVE sucked, the cops decided to make an example of them and their children so anyone else who might get ideas about challenging the cops would understand that the cops can and will murder their whole families and get away with it.

If you wanna do the cop's work for them and talk about why they kinda deserved it, you should just go gently caress yourself instead.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Who are you getting mad at?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

GotLag posted:

Who are you getting mad at?
shush

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Azathoth posted:

MOVE sucked, the cops decided to make an example of them and their children so anyone else who might get ideas about challenging the cops would understand that the cops can and will murder their whole families and get away with it.

If you wanna do the cop's work for them and talk about why they kinda deserved it, you should just go gently caress yourself instead.

But you're literally saying the same thing as the person you're mad at.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Would

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Shouldn't it be past tense now?

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Uh...how much of an environmental disaster are we looking at here?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Lol

Lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Smik posted:

You say that like there aren't more coming.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smik posted:

The problem is that people keep explaining things. Need to wait for something nobody understands

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Real Amethyst posted:

Uh...how much of an environmental disaster are we looking at here?

It's certainly not good, but it's a natural gas pipeline, not oil, so everything coming out of it bubbled up and drifted away to cause further acceleration of the greenhouse effect, as opposed to washing up on the shoreline and poisoning the local wildlife.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Memento posted:

It's certainly not good, but it's a natural gas pipeline, not oil, so everything coming out of it bubbled up and drifted away to cause further acceleration of the greenhouse effect, as opposed to washing up on the shoreline and poisoning the local wildlife.

:smith:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Memento posted:

it came from mother earth, it's organic natural gas.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That night-time shot is just loving horrifying. But the day-time one looks ridiculously fake for some reason.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I used to be a stonemason and used those tools every day. This dude is going to have a terrible accident sooner or later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyfxB_SqWtc

At one point he is using a dry diamond cutting disk as a grinding pad, which can either shatter or fly off like a ninja star.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Unfettered capitalism is a loving disaster

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

No industrial disasters have ever happened in non-capitalist States.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Thank goodness

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

it came from mother earth, it's organic natural gas.

Free range fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

marxismftw posted:

No industrial disasters have ever happened in non-capitalist States.

Like ones you can see from fuckin space though?