Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is like those trick shot clips but actually impressive. How the hell do you even begin to try and get this is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you dont think the trick shot clips are impressive then just log off, you need medical attention because ur poor brain is broken

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

If you dont think the trick shot clips are impressive then just log off, you need medical attention because ur poor brain is broken

They ARE impressive

In exactly the same way someone really, really good at hackey sack is impressive

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
That might have had the highest ratio of effort to reward of any human endeavour ever.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

That might have had the highest ratio of effort to reward of any human endeavour ever.

Your parents might disagree with that.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

drat get their fuckin rear end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I can't help but think someone just went a long way to get at some random coders' debug testing exercise to make sure the destroy layer worked on chests that was just never excised.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1410946697459535875?s=21

QoL features:

- Optional help from Fi
- Fast-forwarding dialogue
- Skippable cutscenes
- Game doesn’t give you item descriptions every time you boot it up.

Definitely helpful stuff. Not sure if the optional help from Fi means she’ll have less dialogue where she explains what you were just told second earlier, but if that text is still there you can skip through it easier.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1410946697459535875?s=21

QoL features:

- Optional help from Fi
- Fast-forwarding dialogue
- Skippable cutscenes
- Game doesn’t give you item descriptions every time you boot it up.

Definitely helpful stuff. Not sure if the optional help from Fi means she’ll have less dialogue where she explains what you were just told second earlier, but if that text is still there you can skip through it easier.

yesssss, i was thinking of canning my pre-order but not anymore! poo poo i might actually finish it this time. the dialogue, FI and constant item info bullshit in the original really soured me back when i tried to play it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fi’s help being optional is the only thing I hoped for from a Skyward Sword remaster and I honestly didn’t expect that kind of change so I’m pretty happy.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

*ITEM JINGLE*

Amber

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

jisforjosh posted:

*ITEM JINGLE*

Amber

Best laugh I've had in ages.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I almost feel like they put it there on purpose to troll rather than it being some glitch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No mention of removing the imprisoned fights game still bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love that they went out of their way to CLEARLY show "Hey we promise items won't give you their descriptions every time" lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
But actually these are just the QoL changes I expect there to be actual gameplay changes as well. So maybe they fixed the imprisoned who knows

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You’re only forced to fight the Imprisoned a couple of times, I think? It’s just that you can trigger it if you go to the temple grounds crater area later on. But I think there are only like 2-3 mandatory Imprisoned fights. Which is 2-3 too many, but I digress.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You’re only forced to fight the Imprisoned a couple of times, I think? It’s just that you can trigger it if you go to the temple grounds crater area later on. But I think there are only like 2-3 mandatory Imprisoned fights. Which is 2-3 too many, but I digress.

There are 3 fights, the biggest issue is that you can trigger fights 2 and 3 back to back depending on which region you pick to go to when you have to redo the regions.

On the other hand they're also great because Groose is part of them and you can easily skip the parts where you cut at its feet by just jumping onto its head and skipping that whole phase.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regy Rusty posted:

I love that they went out of their way to CLEARLY show "Hey we promise items won't give you their descriptions every time" lol

"Look, we know, okay? :cripes:"

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
BotW serious business playthrough is... going. About to fight Windblight Ganon in my first dungeon. Trying to grind out enough shrines to get the Master Sword pretty early.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zore posted:

There are 3 fights, the biggest issue is that you can trigger fights 2 and 3 back to back depending on which region you pick to go to when you have to redo the regions.

On the other hand they're also great because Groose is part of them and you can easily skip the parts where you cut at its feet by just jumping onto its head and skipping that whole phase.

Yeah THE GROOSENATOR definitely makes the fight way better.

It’s dumb as hell that you can accidentally trigger optional Imprisoned fights, that’s something I wish they would remove. I just wanna see my pal Groose :smith:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

But actually these are just the QoL changes I expect there to be actual gameplay changes as well. So maybe they fixed the imprisoned who knows

I don’t think there are really gonna be actual gameplay changes beyond making the game playable with traditional button controls tbqh

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah THE GROOSENATOR definitely makes the fight way better.

It’s dumb as hell that you can accidentally trigger optional Imprisoned fights, that’s something I wish they would remove. I just wanna see my pal Groose :smith:

To be clear, there aren't any optional Imprisoned fights outside the clearly marked Boss Rush mode. There are 3.

1st happens when you go down to the Surface for the first time
2nd happens once you've done all 3 regions for the first time

Then the game opens up and you can do Ordon 2/Eldin 2/Lanryu 2 in any order

Then the 3rd triggers when you go back to Ordon which can be right after you just did the second is the issue. Especially since Ordon was the first area so people probably just cycle back to it first automatically

They also change pretty significantly so its not really doing the same fight 3 times in a row as things get progressively added like the Groosenator or the Imprisoned growing wings and flying etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 2, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why do people hate the bug dumb artichoke with the squishy toes so much :mad:

it's cute and has grooooooose

(i agree it would be better to only fight it once or twice than thrice)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

It's such an easy quick fight every time that the repetitiveness never bothered me like it does so many. Plus it is instrumental in the Groose Redemption Arc.

Frankly I just don't know if I can go back to SS at all after BotW. It's kind of ruined older 3D Zeldas for me.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

MokBa posted:

It's such an easy quick fight every time that the repetitiveness never bothered me like it does so many.

really? it sucks rear end and takes too long in hyrule warriors, for all the complaints it got i assumed this was also true in the source material

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

b_d posted:

really? it sucks rear end and takes too long in hyrule warriors, for all the complaints it got i assumed this was also true in the source material

Yeah uh the Hyrule Warriors fight is absolutely nothing like the original fight lmao

The original has it trying to escape its pit and mostly ignoring Link. Your goal is to get to the pillar on its head and hit it a few times which you can do by cutting off its toes (ala Hyrule Warriors) or hitting it with a catapult in rounds 2/3 or by using one of the many updrafts in the arena to just bypass all that and land on its head and attack it directly.

The only thing that takes a while is in the third one it grows wings and you have to knock it out of the sky with the catapult and the cutscene is maybe a bit long there.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 2, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think the simpler first one and the more complex Goose-assisted final one would be fine, having the second one just makes it drag a bit. It's not terrible, but I think it should've been shortened.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zore posted:

To be clear, there aren't any optional Imprisoned fights outside the clearly marked Boss Rush mode. There are 3.

1st happens when you go down to the Surface for the first time
2nd happens once you've done all 3 regions for the first time

Then the game opens up and you can do Ordon 2/Eldin 2/Lanryu 2 in any order

Then the 3rd triggers when you go back to Ordon which can be right after you just did the second is the issue. Especially since Ordon was the first area so people probably just cycle back to it first automatically

They also change pretty significantly so its not really doing the same fight 3 times in a row as things get progressively added like the Groosenator or the Imprisoned growing wings and flying etc.

Really? For some reason I recall an Imprisoned fight randomly triggering when I entered the temple grounds. I thought the Imprisoned could randomly bust out if you go to that area and force you into a fight, I didn’t realize there were exactly three.

Edit: apparently one of the commercials shows that there’s an autosave feature which they probably could’ve mentioned in that tweet since it is a big upgrade.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 2, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The hyrule warriors fight manages to be, in the context of that game, way worse than the skyward sword version.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Skyward Sword for Wii and its upcoming remake are seeming more and more to me like the New Coke/Coke Classic conspiracy. In this case, Skyward Sword was made with rubbish but required motion controls and insane levels of unavoidable, patronising hand-holding so that they could remake it without these dumb features years later and people would be incredibly grateful. Nintendo are truly visionaries.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The handholdy stuff seems more like Nintendo trying to make Zelda more accessible to the huge Wii audience. The swordfighting was a direct result of Twilight Princess just being waggle and 'a real swordfighting game!' being the constantly spoken of goal since the Wii was revealed.

Its two very obvious, straightforward goals that didn't work out as well as they hoped they might have. Treating a 10 year later re-release as a conspiracy is just silly instead of hindsight and feedback making it clear how those goals didn't work and an opportunity to change it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The motion controls are good the bad parts are the things you do between dungeons

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The biggest problem I remember having with motion controls when I played it on WiiU was that it registered me trying to put my hand back to a neutral position as a swipe.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Its two very obvious, straightforward goals that didn't work out as well as they hoped they might have. Treating a 10 year later re-release as a conspiracy is just silly instead of hindsight and feedback making it clear how those goals didn't work and an opportunity to change it.

no I think OP is being completely serious and I agree with him

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

The biggest problem I remember having with motion controls when I played it on WiiU was that it registered me trying to put my hand back to a neutral position as a swipe.

I think there was a button for that, but even so direction mattered (often but not always) and some things even followed your sword tip around, it wasn't just WaGgLe

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I think moblins cheer for the Hinox if they walk up on you fighting one. I couldn't get a good look but they didn't approach the fight but did as soon as it died.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

This was my issue with it, too. Boss is open on the right side, swipe left, got it. Oh, boss is exposed on the right side again, swipe... more left...

There was a button to re-center, but that doesn't fix that problem.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

the joycons also have like way better motion detecting hardware than the wii motionplus so at least the part where the controls only worked correctly for like 75% of the playerbase should be alleviated (in addition to the new control options letting you not use them at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Golux posted:

I think you're supposed to use a bomb arrow ::p

You are correct but I didn’t think about that which is why I named it Worst Link.