Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Befriend the bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who's your new bfriend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why does a front door fall down off of a house. does someone have to do that probably or can it happen on its own

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
like in a cartoon?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tihs kind. why did this happen

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
doesn’t look like the hinges have any screws, might be your problem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone took them or i can't find it. How do i find out what kind of screws to get

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
take your whole crappy door to home depot and they’ll put it in the Screw Sizer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been saying for years you have some loose screws

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
nunbster you need to stop watching old timey comedy duos your brain… it ain’t great

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a good door

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Cavauro posted:

someone took them or i can't find it. How do i find out what kind of screws to get

You just want some flat-headed screws so that everything is flush. Maybe get them on the long side (like 1-1.5 inch +) if you’re worried about the integrity of the door frame and the holes that have already been made.

Screw them in and you’re done. Wood glue or wood filler may come in handy (again, only if you don’t trust the door integrity), so get some to save yourself a trip.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
replace it with a bead curtain

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where do you you buy screws and glue? can someone send me that stuff in the mail.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

where do you you buy screws and glue? can someone send me that stuff in the mail.

I will. You can also get them from your neighbor’s doors

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mariooncrack posted:

Does American Graffiti count as a car movie?

I loving loved American Graffiti, and I love it even more now knowing that it literally got made because somebody (Francis Ford Coppola?) dared George Lucas to make a movie that was the complete opposite of his normal writing.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Buy screws and glue from the guy at the store. His name is usually Steve or Darryl. If it’s a lady her name is Sheila

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I loving loved American Graffiti, and I love it even more now knowing that it literally got made because somebody (Francis Ford Coppola?) dared George Lucas to make a movie that was the complete opposite of his normal writing.

It was Coppola, but it wasn't a dare so much as he legitimately put money down that George couldn't do an emotion-driven picture instead of an intellectual-driven one. George looked at it as a way to decompress from the months he had spent chiseling away at Apocalypse Now on and off with Milius, although the ending of Graffiti reveals that, well, all that poo poo was still on his mind, and the US versus North Vietnam would also influence his silly space opera saga that was ballooning to 300+ pages at the time...

Funny enough, John Landis, #1 Helicopter Parent, hated Graffiti when he first saw it, which is why Animal House does a pisstake of the ending. He thought it was maudlin and drunk off nostalgia and specifically asked Ramis, Kenney, and Miller to make fun of it with their ending; it wasn't until Edgar Wright was running a month-long series at the New Beverly ahead of Scott Pilgrim's release and ran a double feature of Animal and Graffiti that Landis, having already done a Q&A with Wright about House and deciding to sit through Graffiti since he was already there, watching the ending with thirty years of life having gone by, that he realized the ending was actually heartbreaking and cut through him like a knife (or, if you will, like a helicopter rotor through Vic Morrow and two children). Somehow "THIS CHARACTER GOT HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER AND DIED, AND THIS CHARACTER ENDED UP MIA IN VIETNAM" after watching Curt leave on a jet plane being he first two things you see in those blurbs wasn't enough to make him realize the whole loving movie was George lamenting the end of his generation's innocence, transforming his little light ensemble comedy into a tragedy with that little bit of text. Half of a group of friends wiped from existence by things they had no control over.

Now let's never speak of More American Graffiti, of which the only interesting thing is the completely different choice in film stocks and aspect ratios per character story and use of split-screen, and everything else is flaming garbage.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
where can i buy a "screwin' and gluin'" bumper sticker for my car

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Buy screws and glue from the guy at the store. His name is usually Steve or Darryl. If it’s a lady her name is Sheila

thanks for remembering im an ozzie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

Edgar Wright was running a month-long series at the New Beverly ahead of Scott Pilgrim's release

Really enjoyed the whole post, but also this reminded me that goddamn Scott Pilgrim deserved to be more successful than it was :smith:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

they're free from any corporate owned building, you can just take them and they won't stop you

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
scott pilgrim made me want to get on that there mayflower and sail right on out of the theater

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

scott grim-pilled

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thinkin about mitski

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Washing Machine Fart

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no need for that

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

remember when someone tried to say mitski was a child sex trafficker and idiots believed it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i don't and i'm very glad i don't. in fact i forgot it again just now.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

remember when someone tried to say mitski was a child sex trafficker and idiots believed it

Tumblr is a hell of a website

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Tumblr is a hell of a website

That hell moved to twitter basically but yea it went from being a cool place to find weird art to a place where people got so drama addicted they could no longer function as reasonable members of society.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

That hell moved to twitter basically but yea it went from being a cool place to find weird art to a place where people got so drama addicted they could no longer function as reasonable members of society.

and now its just a ghost town of people who think its funny to live on a dead website and hell, same

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I do not miss twitter and will absolutely get in on a class action lawsuit for mental health bills because of that hellhole.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

I do not miss twitter and will absolutely get in on a class action lawsuit for mental health bills because of that hellhole.

it’s mainlining stress i’m in on that class action too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lol

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Lethal Weapon and Under Siege both way more bizarre than I remembered

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Isn't Under Siege Die Hard on a sub?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hello greetings today I am even further north

I climbed a fell and looked at Finland

I looked at Sweden and saw my friend sitting on a rock. Also a tower that meant perfect 4G coverage

I looked at Norway

Now I’m dead but will go to the sauna soon and I will be resurrected. Wish u were here mwah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

We listened to every single Iron Maiden album, in order, on our way here. My revised top 5 Iron Maiden albums is as follows

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2. A Matter of Life and Death
3. Book of Souls
4. X Factor
5. Brave New World

Somewhere in Time would be #6, Number of the Beast #7. The classic albums have soooooo much filler, like half of Piece of Mind and Powerslave are just bad