Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
AOC making sure not to name anyone least they be embarrassed. Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you for pointing out that Trump deserves credit for this, Willa. It's important we don't forget that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

That vid is badass

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

That vid is badass

at first i thought it was cgi from an end of the world movie. i'm so happy practical effects are making a comeback

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Does Joe Biden still have the capitol shut down like Pyongyang?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

matty is the white house's favorite pundit, of course. a good choice

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Smythe posted:

this poo poo pisses me off HUGELY

my thing is: what the gently caress does this accomplish? nothing. They're not going to pack up and leave. I hope everyone who cheers this on has their home burnt in a fire and ends up homeless so they can see how scary that is. I hate california man

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

WorkerThread posted:

matty is the white house's favorite pundit, of course. a good choice

lol his quote at the end is pretty good though

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Matty is center left? Lmfao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Nothus posted:

Matty is center left? Lmfao

to these people, who are conservatives, he is

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oNe BiLlIoN amerikkans

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

i am searching for the anti pundit, yttam, to bring about zero americans

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the sentient egg landlord is Biden's Rasputin

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is this like with the primary where the Biden admin promised everyone different conflicting stuff in private? Just a few days ago Rubin was their favorite idiot pundit.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obama never ordered the withdrawal of all combat troops. He declared an end to offensive operations and reduced the amount of forces from 30,000 to less than 10,000.

The full withdrawal was a threat to Karzai that we would leave completely unless he agreed to an SoF treaty. Karzai caved and signed, so we stayed.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Catpetter1981 posted:

Obama never ordered the withdrawal of all combat troops. He declared an end to offensive operations and reduced the amount of forces from 30,000 to less than 10,000.

What that before, or after, the surge?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

sir, what are your plans for the 4th of July

sir, I'll sell my soul for an assurance that I'm your favorite and a pat on the head

sir, can you tell us more about the White House cat

sir

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

What that before, or after, the surge?

"The Surge" was a Bush operation, and it was in Iraq, not Afghanistan

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

"The Surge" was a Bush operation, and it was in Iraq, not Afghanistan

lol.

Obama did his own surge right after being elected.

And it was in Afghanistan.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

remember when moveon put out a full page ad calling patraeus a charlatan because the surge was just pr bullshit that didnt actually do anything

they sure did a great job pushing obama left am i right

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

remember when moveon put out a full page ad calling patraeus a charlatan because the surge was just pr bullshit that didnt actually do anything

they sure did a great job pushing obama left am i right

“move on” was launched as a campaign to silence women, under the name Censure President Clinton and Move On to Pressing Issues Facing the Nation. now it’s a Democrat Party institution.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kamala Harris isn’t getting any honeymoon, and some Democrats are fretting
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-07-02/kamala-harris-isnt-getting-the-same-honeymoon-as-joe-biden-and-some-democrats-are-worried

quote:

It was the kind of moment that has even supporters questioning her political acumen — underscoring why Harris, nearly six months into her term as a history-making vice president, consistently lags in polls behind President Biden, has failed to get the same honeymoon with voters, draws more critical media coverage and stands as a bigger target for Republicans.

Oh they are acknowledging Kamala was a horrific candidate nobody wanted?

quote:

You have limited opportunities to play the featured actor,” he added. “Mostly, you’re playing a supporting role. So if something goes wrong during those limited opportunities, they are magnified.

Harris, as a Black and Asian woman, also is subject to racial and gender prejudice that neither Biden nor her predecessors faced. Women in public or private jobs, especially women of color, are often judged more harshly and held to higher standards than white male colleagues in high-level positions.

No! Pull up!

quote:

Allies say the hand-wringing is overwrought. Some complain that Harris has been hemmed in by the White House, even as Biden has given her thorny, perhaps impossible, tasks — notably, to seek ways to deter migration from Central America and to lead Democrats’ fight to expand access to voting.

Mark Buell, who has been Harris’ chief fundraiser since her first race for district attorney of San Francisco, said the White House seems to be giving her the toughest jobs without the full license to make her own mark.

Fuckin lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

lol.

Obama did his own surge right after being elected.

And it was in Afghanistan.

Lol?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its short for lots of love as in lots of love to the families of those killed by americas crimes against humanity

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah. lol that you know about Bush's, but not Obama's.

Although to be fair, the lol is on me because I believed Obama's bullshit and then I was sent over as part of that surge.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Rectal Death Adept posted:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-07-02/kamala-harris-isnt-getting-the-same-honeymoon-as-joe-biden-and-some-democrats-are-worried

No! Pull up!

Fuckin lol

Kamala gets all the hard jobs, both foreign and domestic, while joe focuses on restoring the soul of america and eating ice cream. Pretty good plan, wonder where he got it from.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden literally believes Kamala is "the help"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rectal Death Adept posted:

No! Pull up!

Fuckin lol

Ok, deterring migration is a horrific project. But expanding access to voting is bad & impossible? Go dems

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/world/14biden.html

NYT, Oct. 2009 posted:

Mr. Biden does not favor abandoning Afghanistan, but his approach would reject the additional troops sought by Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal and leave the American force in Afghanistan roughly the same, 68,000 troops. Rather than emphasize protecting the Afghan population, he would accelerate training of Afghans to take over the fight while hunting Al Qaeda in Pakistan using drones and special forces. His view has caught on with many liberals in his party.
I remember another article which mentioned that Obama gathered Biden and Clinton before him to hold a debate over the surge, and then he went with "surge"

while trying to find that, I found

CNN posted:

Citing judgment calls he said had been vindicated, such as his opposition to US intervention in Libya, he told the editorial board of New Hampshire’s Seacoast Media Group: “I’m the guy that – as has been pointed out repeatedly – that thought we should not be going into Afghanistan.”

Biden might have just been speaking imprecisely here, but the result was misleading no matter what his intentions.

Biden did not oppose the US invasion of Afghanistan. As a US senator from Delaware, he joined his Senate colleagues in a unanimous vote in support of the 2001 resolution that authorized the use of military force against “nations, organizations, or persons” President George W. Bush determined were behind the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/31/politics/fact-check-biden-buttigieg-iraq-afghanistan/index.html

spacetoaster posted:

Although to be fair, the lol is on me because I believed Obama's bullshit and then I was sent over as part of that surge.

:whitewater: condolences

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 05:13 on Jul 3, 2021

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTY8hrvFck8

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

Ah poo poo dude I'm sorry

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Excelzior posted:

Biden literally believes Kamala is "the help"

is he wrong

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol chuds are trying to tell me that biden really does want to defund the police.

they're as delusional about Biden as any garden variety lib

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol chuds are trying to tell me that biden really does want to defund the police.

Red MAGA, Blue MAGA, they’re both morons lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

my local booger king has zero sugar surge in their big rear end soda fountain it owns

now if I could just find a copy of Shadowrun for sega genesis I could go back to 1997

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1411066669414240258?s=19

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo, I just saw where Biden has officially ended all middle eastern conflicts forever.

I mean, ok, so he hasn't actually done any of that, but he said he was going to do something similar eventually, which is literally as good as having already done it apparently, if the resident Biden cheer squad is to be believed.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

Oh poo poo, I just saw where Biden has officially ended all middle eastern conflicts forever.

I mean, ok, so he hasn't actually done any of that, but he said he was going to do something similar eventually, which is literally as good as having already done it apparently, if the resident Biden cheer squad is to be believed.

This is pretty myopic false equivalence. Obama's campaign promises have no bearing on the actual orders being carried out today. There's a massive difference between promising to do a thing on the campaign trial and ultimately doing something else versus after already being president for a while and then ordering a thing to happen.

The chances of Biden back tracking on this is basically zero; Biden can certainly get plenty of credit because all appearances are that this is actually happening.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

It's how the system is suppose to work.

Btw, the Ice Cream thing is something else. I like on the campaign, its a smaltzy thing to get a few votes but drat they have pushing it as far as they can. It isn't just Biden either, maybe we have a surplus of milk?

Also, Breyer has like 9 months max before the door closes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Ardennes posted:

It's how the system is suppose to work.

Btw, the Ice Cream thing is something else. I like on the campaign, its a smaltzy thing to get a few votes but drat they have pushing it as far as they can. It isn't just Biden either, maybe we have a surplus of milk?

Also, Breyer has like 9 months max before the door closes.

The ice cream company? Are they going bankrupt?