Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

The 1966 military guidelines for reporting UFO sightings also includes

They probably meant the soviets. Unless...

lol at 60s military intelligence

"What if those dastardly soviets walk across the artic circle???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Google Butt posted:

ike naruto running past the gates

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
even Ike’s dick wasn’t big enough to handle the truth

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LBJ just showed the aliens his huge hog and they were impressed and for a while, things were good

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

LBJ just showed the aliens his huge hog and they were impressed and for a while, things were good

lol I was thinking of dropping the bomb and still not getting to see alien tech. although maybe we got napalm for a deal where aliens did an lbj photo shoot

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the respectable aliens just buzz our primitive military for laughs, and maybe to encourage our science to advance faster by demonstrating what's possible and being vaguely threatening while doing so

it's the sickos we're gonna have to watch out for

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Jazerus posted:

the respectable aliens just buzz our primitive military for laughs, and maybe to encourage our science to advance faster by demonstrating what's possible and being vaguely threatening while doing so

PRANKED: we buried large hydocarbon deposits all around this primitive species' planet. you'll never believe what they did with them!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

aren’t nuclear weapons literally the same reaction as how stars are powered? what would a more advanced weapon look like? I’m sure there has to be military research into that

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

or 8th

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Vomik posted:

aren’t nuclear weapons literally the same reaction as how stars are powered? what would a more advanced weapon look like? I’m sure there has to be military research into that

antimatter

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

PokeJoe posted:

antimatter

if we get antimatter and then only ever get bombs out of it i truly hope someone turns us into a protein bar

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

we'll get annihilation reactors too but no one will build them because of the waste

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vomik posted:

yeah i mean it's still ultimately just heat, radiation, and kinetic force tho. i think if you're FTLing somehow you probably understand space-time on a level where you can weaponize that understanding and just shear things apart thru gravity or spatial expansion or something

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I just remembered gamma ray bursts and america trying to make bombs of that

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

what if this universe is far far larger than we can know because the black hole at the center is so close to us we are beyond the event horizon and everyone else on the outside can’t see us but they have all the really cool space poo poo we should have but instead we are getting slowly sucked in to die alone. also like a hundred of our years is millions to them which is cool too

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
i’m thinking the budget office in the pentagon that got hit on 9/11 was investigating missing funds that were probably related to the black budget for UFO re-engineering

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Vomik posted:

what if this universe is far far larger than we can know because the black hole at the center is so close to us we are beyond the event horizon and everyone else on the outside can’t see us but they have all the really cool space poo poo we should have but instead we are getting slowly sucked in to die alone. also like a hundred of our years is millions to them which is cool too

the universe is expanding in all directions, so this is kind of happening already

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the aliens are the ones that gave him the huge hog, in exchange for staying silent while they do their experiments

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the war to end all wars is coming

the fight for alien dick enlargement technology is upon us

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus posted:

think about it...

UFO sightings increased greatly after cspam was created

nothing is a coincidence

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hey aliens, do u like bofa

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

think about it...

UFO sightings increased greatly after cspam was created

nothing is a coincidence

bonghitz is an alien quoting all of the best cspam posts to mark them for reposting in space cspam

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

space cspam has the full piss tape btw

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Vomik posted:

one of the papers re: warp drives mentioned that the warp space could be configured so a portion is dedicated to energy storage using the Penrose process.

the Penrose process can also be used to create what could accurately be called a "black hole bomb."

Carp
May 29, 2002

bird song

https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/ignis-fatuus

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

BIRDS, GIVE US EYES!
https://youtu.be/NiboHWwr12M

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Chris Lehto goes over the Aguadilla bird sighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001fbB5BMNw

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

who

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

he used to pilot man birds

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Tekne posted:

he used to pilot man birds

who's really the pilot in this scenario??

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

we'll get annihilation reactors too but no one will build them because of the waste

theyll put them in africa or antarctica

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm not a cultist

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

he's a former airforce pilot who debunked one of mick wests debunking videos and then mick west debunked his debunking of the debunking and then chris debunked micks debunking of his debunking of his debunking etc

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm not a cultist

It's a fun joke that will absolutely backfire because no one reads the whole thread at this point and I cannot blame them unless they've posted in here long enough to know better

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Rah! posted:

these fish have a big rear end brain and they communicate with each other with electrical impulses. and scientists just learned that they have complex speech patterns, similar to some birds or humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI6hGYFiIk4

ufos are piloted by fish

the earth is gassed and the aliens are here spraying us with poo poo, I think we can afford to play around a little. We should CRISPR these fish and give them opposable thumbs and see what happens, might be worth it

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

imagine being so scared that you have to be mick west
i feel sorry for the 10 year old who wets his bed at the thought of aliens. somethings broken inside there

10 year old me was all about getting abducted and seeing the galaxy and saucers and bigfoot and poo poo. being scared to death of all that poo poo is profoundly sad

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

fanfic insert posted:

the earth is gassed and the aliens are here spraying us with poo poo, I think we can afford to play around a little. We should CRISPR these fish and give them opposable thumbs and see what happens, might be worth it

If we do some type of end-permian situation to ourselves the least we can do is create some mutants that might be able to survive the hellworld we created

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

we may be living an extremely narrow window of time, dominated by rigid post-enlightenment liberal scientism, during which alien contact would break minds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Wheeee posted:

we may be living an extremely narrow window of time, dominated by rigid post-enlightenment liberal scientism, during which alien contact would break minds

alien darwinism
cant make an omlette without breaking some eggs

oh

birds lay those

poo poo