Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Biden's handlers picking Kamala's staff is when I knew he was undercutting her to not have to worry about pressure to not run again. Then he sends her to do all the poo poo eating jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Judakel posted:

Biden's handlers picking Kamala's staff is when I knew he was undercutting her to not have to worry about pressure to not run again. Then he sends her to do all the poo poo eating jobs.

unfortunately she's not even good at those

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Kaedric posted:

The ice cream company? Are they going bankrupt?

If Jeni's went under, they would probably be bailed out but it seems to be a broader thing. I wonder if anything the long-term switch to non-dairy milk has putting pressure on the industry.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

rules how the president cares more about letting ice cream go to waste than he does about vaccines

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joe Rogan is hotboxing his Popemobile

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol chuds are trying to tell me that biden really does want to defund the police.

they're as delusional about Biden as any garden variety lib

all they have to do it keep calling him a communist and he'll do everything they want

p. sweet gig

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Excelzior posted:

Biden literally believes Kamala is "the help"

its literally that he was a vp to a black man so he needs a black-something woman with no electoral base to domineer without consequence vp now that he is president

in between being senile and ordered around by his staff

then lashing out at copmala passive aggressively

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Jul 3, 2021

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Yinlock posted:

all they have to do it keep calling him a communist and he'll do everything they want

p. sweet gig

he does everything the republicans want because he is one, op

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

WorkerThread posted:

why would he be a Republican when his actions are in lockstep cromulence with the Democrat Party, which isn’t inherently good?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden believes America needs a strong Republican party

given that they are temporarily out of the majority, he is making sure their agenda keeps going forward

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol chuds are trying to tell me that biden really does want to defund the police.

they're as delusional about Biden as any garden variety lib
obama demanding, yelling, screaming, ripping off his loving shirt and hulking out that he should get credit for the doubling of domestic oil extraction

chuds, libs, the oil industry: lol obama was an enemy to the oil industry

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

and that's why he wants to win over the hearts of republican voters, which he cannot possibly do

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

comedyblissoption posted:

obama demanding, yelling, screaming, ripping off his loving shirt and hulking out that he should get credit for the doubling of domestic oil extraction

chuds, libs, the oil industry: lol obama was an enemy to the oil industry

obama personally didn't roll coal; therefore,

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

the_steve posted:

Oh poo poo, I just saw where Biden has officially ended all middle eastern conflicts forever.

I mean, ok, so he hasn't actually done any of that, but he said he was going to do something similar eventually, which is literally as good as having already done it apparently, if the resident Biden cheer squad is to be believed.

The especially funny thing is that there's a long and storied history of the US claiming it's going to withdraw from areas, only to simply not do so (or superficially do so while continuing to employ the use of PMCs, which is 100% guaranteed to happen with Afghanistan even on the off-chance that actual US military forces leave).

Ardennes posted:

It's how the system is suppose to work.

Btw, the Ice Cream thing is something else. I like on the campaign, its a smaltzy thing to get a few votes but drat they have pushing it as far as they can. It isn't just Biden either, maybe we have a surplus of milk?

Also, Breyer has like 9 months max before the door closes.

Due to the financial stress placed upon people by COVID, many were forced to sell their children. This lead to a huge surplus in adrenochrome, which is distributed in the form of "Jeni's"-brand ice-cream.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Jul 3, 2021

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

someone tell the boats to stop dousing those runes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Due to the financial stress placed upon people by COVID, many were forced to sell their children. This lead to a huge surplus in adrenochrome, which is distributed in the form of "Jeni's"-brand ice-cream.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Ardennes posted:

If Jeni's went under, they would probably be bailed out but it seems to be a broader thing. I wonder if anything the long-term switch to non-dairy milk has putting pressure on the industry.

I was making a Breyer's ice cream joke (as opposed to Breyer, the supreme court guy).

:(

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Flunky posted:

someone tell the boats to stop dousing those runes

We gotta scramble our Jaegers

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Judakel posted:

from the article earlier

quote:

“Middle white America” — people between the coasts — “they’re comfortable with an older white guy, and I don’t think I’m saying anything insane when I say that,” said Belcher, who is a Black man.

But he pointed out that Harris’ barrier-breaking identity is also a political asset, which will only be more valuable by 2028, when Biden, if he runs and wins reelection, would be ending his presidency. By then, given demographic trends, “we have an electorate that is probably about eight [percentage] points browner,” Belcher said.

Remember when Biden was the caretaker president who was supposed to die in office or not run for reelection?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its wild to think that were still taking it for granted that vice presidents are natural successors despite the last vice president becoming persona non grata with the base and the two before him being explicitly promised and premised as men who were not seeking presidential power for themselves

i have to wonder how much of the antipathy to kamala is just because now that we know that aspect of bidens vice presidency was a complete lie people are much more resistant to the idea of diamond kamala harris because the powers that be have given away the game having bullied people into voting for a guy solely on the basis of name recognition

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally no one except complete lunatics actually likes Harris at all

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I will say I'm surprised that the Dems haven't dug up the rotting corpse of MeToo by now. I didn't think they'd let Joe have this much time behind the wheel before getting rid of him to make room for Kamala, seeing as how she was the one the establishment wanted in the first place.
Guess they forgot how much they missed having one of their old white guys in charge.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

glad to see demographic destiny is back on the menu after the freakout over latino's going in harder for trump in 2020

we may have to redefine "brown" to ensure that it only encompasses the right people, but that's small potatoes

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1411115796168810496

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bedpan posted:

from the article earlier

Remember when Biden was the caretaker president who was supposed to die in office or not run for reelection?

didn't he not commit to that at all when asked and the media just pretended he said yes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the things biden does and says have absolutely no connection to how he is presented in news media.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The "one-term president" thing was an idea floated by his campaign, possibly without even consulting Biden about it. Media reported on it because of course they would, but yeah Biden never said anything of the sort and firmly denied it when asked.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

didn't he not commit to that at all when asked and the media just pretended he said yes

yep. before positively stated that yes, he was going to run for reelection, journalists constructed entire fantasy scenarios about Kamala's future. I can't find it again, but I swear I saw in the wild the totally deranged idea that joe biden was going to resign immediately after inauguration.

do you remember the speculation on when the best time for joe biden to die so that kamala could be president and still be eligible for two elected terms?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Um actually if she didn't vote for her rapist she voted for trump.

Checkmate tankies

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sedisp posted:

Um actually if she didn't vote for her rapist she voted for trump.

Checkmate tankies

I believe you'll find that not voting for her rapist is actually equivalent to eleventy-jillion votes for Trump, who was a gat-danged Cheeto Benito MussoHitlerini.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Is that Facebook censoring Tara Reade posts?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/pwoodreporter/status/1411095939851431941 lol wow I'm sure this has nothing to do with Tom's candidacy for governor, I'm sure he was just plain shocked when he "learned" about it

imagine believing a former Labor Sec didn't know he was working for a union-busting, anti-worker firm

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

lol his quote at the end is pretty good though

lmao Twitter is real life.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

lol wow I'm sure this has nothing to do with Tom's candidacy for governor, I'm sure he was just plain shocked when he "learned" about it

imagine believing a former Labor Sec didn't know he was working for a union-busting, anti-worker firm

i can't believe that evil inc was in fact evil, they tricked me entirely, nobody could have seen through this ruse

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mastershakeman posted:

Trump did the following for me:
Expanded the standard tax deduction which helped everyone but the rich
Sent me $1800 (Biden - 1400)
Paused my mortgage for a year
paused rent for even longer for tons of people (Biden extended this but not as long as trump did)
Paused student loan repayments/interest (Biden continued this)
Gave out unlimited amounts of free food to anyone willing to say they had kids (Biden continued)
Gave money to states for mortgage/rent relief (Biden did the latter but not former afaik)
Months of +600 unemployment, then weeks of +300 (Biden continued the +300)
Gave unemployment to 1099 people like my dad, which Biden isn't even enforcing in states now

Bidens good solo stuff: 10k of unemployment not taxable, incoming extra child credit

Trump did great

Trump did more directly for me than anyone else ever

I was thinking about this and something was nagging me, like wait, didn't Biden do something else concrete? And then I remembered... Yes

Bidens increased premium subsidies for the ACA with an opaque formula so I don't know how much I'll save via that
More importantly, he also ended the premium subsidy clawback on 2020 and 2021 taxes, as well as making it so getting unemployment in 2021 meant maximum subsidies
This probably works out to a ~7k benefit for a family of 4 each of those years

But the thing is, you can't really see it. It only shows up when you're figuring out your taxes and input your premium subsidies and see what you need to pay back, and I'm not even sure if you can see that on paper. The tax software calculates it for you.

So it's pretty likely that biden gave people on ACA (which is a pretty small number of people) about 2k per person for two years , but they just don't know it, and only if they intentionally maximized their subsidies each year

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

i agree with all of this my original post was making fun of ted lieu for framing the issue in such a way that made it sound like the problem was people ignorantly mr magooing their way into the wrong polling places

Oh ok I wasn't familiar with his comments

Although I actually have done that before: been out on a Saturday, happened to drive past some "vote here/aqui" signs, and dropped in.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Congrats on Joe Biden overseeing US troops leaving the war!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfVeUZ3i8U

This is the video where Biden talks about removing troops from Iraq and calls Iraq SF as good as any in the world.

Right after this Isis took over western Iraq. Obama used the SOFA with the Iraqi government as the excuse to remove US troops. When the Iraqi government voted to demand that Trump remove troops, Trump told them to pound sand, because what are they going to do about it?

Also, in the same video Obama stated that he would be out of Afghanistan by the end of 2011.

PeterCat has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Jul 3, 2021

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I was thinking about this and something was nagging me, like wait, didn't Biden do something else concrete? And then I remembered... Yes

Bidens increased premium subsidies for the ACA with an opaque formula so I don't know how much I'll save via that
More importantly, he also ended the premium subsidy clawback on 2020 and 2021 taxes, as well as making it so getting unemployment in 2021 meant maximum subsidies
This probably works out to a ~7k benefit for a family of 4 each of those years

But the thing is, you can't really see it. It only shows up when you're figuring out your taxes and input your premium subsidies and see what you need to pay back, and I'm not even sure if you can see that on paper. The tax software calculates it for you.

So it's pretty likely that biden gave people on ACA (which is a pretty small number of people) about 2k per person for two years , but they just don't know it, and only if they intentionally maximized their subsidies each year

:hmmyes:

Democrats are trying to Number Fuckstein their way into people's hearts and it doesn't work because the only people who can see their results work at Intuit.

Republicans are like "lol here's a bit of money for u and a whole loving lot for me and my rich buddies"

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Today marks the day the last us troop left Afghanistan...1000 service members will remain for peace keeping operations

and an unknown number of mercenaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

:hmmyes:

Democrats are trying to Number Fuckstein their way into people's hearts and it doesn't work because the only people who can see their results work at Intuit.

Republicans are like "lol here's a bit of money for u and a whole loving lot for me and my rich buddies"

taking 150 years to slowly evolve from the party of 3/5ths to giving us 4/5ths of a $2000 check is just the kind of incremental change the democrat party is all about