Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Squee posted:

I enjoy having to find things myself, over just buying then from the market. Last wipe was my first but I am enjoying this time just as much. It might help that I am sliiiiiiiiightly less dogshit at the game now too.

I think there is some advantage for newer/more casual players in delaying the overall advancement of the general playerbase, while it won't overcome hours played/game knowledge, having everyone ratting around maps in a less efficient fashion with trash gear levels the playing field a bit

my concern is that it may turbo gently caress them once the "mainstream" hits the level 20+ mark and they're still behind the curve

there are reasonable ways to address that going forward though - i.e. consider have the level for flea market access scale back over time with average player level until it drops to level 15 (or 10) so players joining later in the wipe aren't overly disadvantaged, continue tweaking gear/ammo accessibility to make level 1 (and level 2 to a lesser extent) traders less painful (this has already happened to some extent, as just having adequate magazines for a few of the guns makes the early levels hugely less obnoxious), and revise the existing quests so progress on major chains/getting to 20 isn't so gated behind random drops, etc.

e: the quests thing is the big one imo - I don't even think they need to make that many changes to gear/ammo access beyond some associated adjustments with quest-based ammo unlocks and giving people a semi-decent currency-purchasable 5.45 round earlier (i.e. move 5.45 BP to Prapor 2 or something)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Honestly removing the flea would probably be the best move if early game tarkov is the "real" tarkov

Make you wonder why they put so much effort into the endgame tho

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably because people have been screaming about there being no endgame for literal years now and Nikita has had a real problem flitting between sticking to his intended design and appeasing the people yelling at him.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 2, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sum posted:

Imagine a pizzeria opens near you called Poop Pizza. Their gimmick is that you can order whatever type of poop you want on your pizza. No one visits it for years other than the most dire depraved freaks imaginable. After awhile they realize sales are so bad that they have to start putting good pizzas on the menu. Business explodes but their moron owner insists that the menu changes are temporary just to try to convert people to putting poop on their pizza. After a few years they start taking the more popular flavors off the menu and replacing them with new poop flavors. When you complain about it a dozen diehard freaks who think their opinion matters more because they like eating the poop flavored pizza tell you that you should never have expected to eat their pepperoni pizza forever and that you just like complaining about things. This is Tarkov.

it's...it's like something out of my wildest fantasies

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Honestly if the level 1 stash wasn't so bad I wouldn't mind the flea changes. But after just ten raids I have room for one or two weapons, one armor a few headsets and the rest of my whole stash is full of hideout or quest items

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This game is loving terrible and I wish I could stop playing it

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

It's so fun making zombie AKs out of poo poo you find. I've gotten lucky on quest loot this wipe so far except for the warehouse key.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Honestly if the level 1 stash wasn't so bad I wouldn't mind the flea changes. But after just ten raids I have room for one or two weapons, one armor a few headsets and the rest of my whole stash is full of hideout or quest items

Lvl 1 stash is real harsh. Mines full of rigs to give me slightly more space, then guns and a backpack stack. I love playing scav, but I don't have the stash space to do it.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Ragman sells a rig that gives you 10 slots for 6. I think that's the best option eary. MPPV is the dream.

I've found that almost no-one runs interchange at night which is weird because it is pretty much just the same inside. Scav runs have literally no one in the looking for group list.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Ragman sells a rig that gives you 10 slots for 6. I think that's the best option eary. MPPV is the dream.

I've found that almost no-one runs interchange at night which is weird because it is pretty much just the same inside. Scav runs have literally no one in the looking for group list.

People who run Interchange at night are almost always doing poo poo outside, either cache runs (it's one of the quickest and densest cache runs in the game) or killing their 15 scavs quietly away from all the Killa hunters etc

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You'll also see a lot more people there once everyone's got the high-value keys.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Their biggest priority should be stuff that helps people get into a game faster. Quicker loading & matchmaking, and stuff that lets you select/buy gear quicker. I only made it to level 4 1/2 last wipe but not because I didn't like dying but because it takes so long to get back into a game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
everyone complained about late spawns, so now the game waits for everyones ancient pc to load in off a broken platter driive instead. enjoy.

i could not find any salewas or even a syringe for so long thaht i had 10 fir morphines and 6 gas ans ready to go lol

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Therapist is now selling lucky scav junk boxes at LL1 for only 1,100,000 rubles. Smells like an intervention from Nikita

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Makes sense. Lots of Reddit posts about collecting materials for hideout upgrades. Likely just a stopgap for an increase in inventory stashes, which will then upset EOD owners (who also complained) and the cycle just repeats itself.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Makes sense. Lots of Reddit posts about collecting materials for hideout upgrades. Likely just a stopgap for an increase in inventory stashes, which will then upset EOD owners (who also complained) and the cycle just repeats itself.

EOD owners benefit from stash size increases. There have been a couple of increases already, and when they happen they affect everybody

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Oh I know, just pointing out that even EOD owners complained about stashes recently. On Reddit. Which apparently Nikita reads uses as his main forum for changes.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Stux posted:

everyone complained about late spawns, so now the game waits for everyones ancient pc to load in off a broken platter driive instead. enjoy.

i could not find any salewas or even a syringe for so long thaht i had 10 fir morphines and 6 gas ans ready to go lol

Fwiw this is worth it 100% and I’d rather wait than spawn late into literally any map - especially customs reserve and factory are shitshows if you have a bad late spawn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
im just happy im not getting the back corner spawn in customs 90% of the time this wipe

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

im just happy im not getting the back corner spawn in customs 90% of the time this wipe

This and the spawns behind black pawn on Reserve

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite is the Interchange spawn on the highway out towards train extract. Everyone probably ran in ahead of you and you won't have any problems but sometimes it's a loving gauntlet of one dude to the left under the bridge, one dude up in the woods on near the checkpoint, one dude down near the highway tents, it's loving ridiculous.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
It's not even been a week since wipe and I'm already getting clapped by level 20+ Altyn wearing HK triehards at Customs. Who the gently caress already uses M995 to shoot at level 5 dudes just trying to get that water quest done?

Scav Karma is fun though. I've only had a few times where pscavs were dumb but mostly it's been nice cooperative runs and sharing loot with strangers.

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 5, 2021

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Going to dorms just for missions seems to always be like that regardless of the state of the wipe. I'd gather that higher leveled players might be going there just for the express intent of getting easy loot now that chances are smaller that they will meet up similarly geared players. Or they could just be going there to kick lower level players poo poo in as it is an area with heavy traffic regarding quests.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
a couple of keys got barter trades on therapist now, for op aqua and another

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Commissar Kip posted:

Scav Karma is fun though. I've only had a few times where pscavs were dumb but mostly it's been nice cooperative runs and sharing loot with strangers.

The only time I'm guaranteed to get murdered by a pscav is when I've got a bag full of quest items and rare loot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
blessed nikita confirming further flea market restrictions in the future

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

only time i get salty is when some poo poo like this goes down

dead to rights point blank 13 hits with m856 and i get one tapped

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Stux posted:

blessed nikita confirming further flea market restrictions in the future

You know the drill, post proof please and thank you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
u can go watch the vod of the stream on bsgs twitch. said that while they would never remove the flea theyre looking at stuff like further level or quest restrictions on the flea or parts of it and that the changes to slow progression down w the xp and flea changes are working as they hoped so far.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
People seem to, by and large, be happy with the change. I expected more pushback to the change but it seems like most people actually like the change. Kind of shocking, tbh.

Obviously there are still people that hit lvl 20 super quick and are now rocking Level 6 Armor and M4A1s, M1As and all that other good good, but the player base at large seems to have accepted the lvl 20 flea market change without much push back.

How is everyone enjoying the game a week out? Just another patch, lovely changes or best patch ever?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
v good, been having fun looting not on a rouble per slot basis and for what i need. having the usual runs of destroying everything for a couple of raids followed by getting absolutely destroyed and having a good time

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

ShowTime posted:

People seem to, by and large, be happy with the change. I expected more pushback to the change but it seems like most people actually like the change. Kind of shocking, tbh.

Obviously there are still people that hit lvl 20 super quick and are now rocking Level 6 Armor and M4A1s, M1As and all that other good good, but the player base at large seems to have accepted the lvl 20 flea market change without much push back.

How is everyone enjoying the game a week out? Just another patch, lovely changes or best patch ever?

Flea market is really good when giga-chads are murdering you 9/10 raids and all you want is to buy garbage to level up your hideout. If flea market restrictions paired with other ways of slowing progress means fewer chads, the flea market becomes less necessary.

This is my third wipe and so far enjoying it the most.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShowTime posted:

I was not (exclusively) being a dick or pithy when I said that most people think the first like three, four weeks of the wipe are the best time Tarkov has. That's a wide spread belief and most of those people are in favor of extending that period.

To that point I'm enjoying the wipe like I always do and continuing to form and finalize the opinion that until wipe servers happen, Tarkov is a game that exists - at least currently - for a few weeks, two or three times a year. And I'm probably fine with that.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Prior to flea market, finding gear in crates or on dudes you've murdered is exciting as you don't really have a way to obtain a bunch of stuff, making things like suppressors, optics and high tier gear priceless.

After flea market you can assign a monetary value to things and that cheapens the experience a little bit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
nikitia also said theyre buying more servers however i dont see why

everything is how it should be :cheers:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Stux posted:

I did check out a US stream yesterday and they had a 10+ minute wait time so :shrug:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I don't expect them to open more server locations but adding more capacity for games to the servers they have is probably what he meant

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

Roman posted:

I did check out a US stream yesterday and they had a 10+ minute wait time so :shrug:

whhat do u think the two images are supposed to be showing lol

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Stux posted:

everything is how it should be :cheers:

I didn't realize the region selector showed average queue times. Trading 10 minutes in queue for 80 ping is a good rear end deal

edit: switching to netherlands got me into reserve in a minute. Tarkov is exponentially better now

Phoix fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

ShowTime posted:

I like it, only one of my friends has hit 20 and it feels like the ratio of Chads/Normies is still good.

I think if they continue to nerf the flea but also buff the traders, especially for quest items, it'll make early wipe even better.