Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That lip sync was so great :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah tkb’s syncopated serving at the beginning was sending me and there’s an argument for her winning but her opponent just. kept. droppin

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They figured out how to make laganja bearable: by limiting her to like 10 lines in an episode

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Can we talk about how good TKB was in that commercial? So far along from her S6 work.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
A well-earned win, she was loving hilarious.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh this was one of the best acting challenges in a long while. I laughed at all of them and I definitely agree with the winning team and the top this week.

So far AS6 is great and feels more fun to me at least.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

when was this season filmed? I don’t have a drat bit of sympathy for the eliminated queen after they (spoiler bars in case people heard about this mess) went to Puerto Vallarta in January when the situation in LA (where she lives) was so bad that they were RATIONING OXYGEN and so many people were dying that ambulances weren’t even able to get to a hospital without being queued up for hours. One would think that would be a good loving indication that the pandemic should be taken seriously but nope.

When called out for that, she got REAL messy, saying poo poo like “if you want an apology, buy a cameo” and “I’m not responsible for covid, it’s the president’s fault, don’t be mad at me for this”

I feel like nearly every Rudemption was an incredible step up, and drat near everyone was solid during the acting challenges.

I wish Snatch Game was this episode though; it gives a great impression of where a queen actually is with creativity (and I love it, so.)

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Can we talk about how good TKB was in that commercial? So far along from her S6 work.

TKB as the straight lady to Yara's insanity is just perfect. Give them a spin off show.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Goddamn, what an episode!

• Everyone actually did well in the commercials, imo, so it was bound to be a tough and dramatic choice
  • The runways were great, although I think a lot of the old looks didn't need to be redeemed. It makes sense though, since a lot of the queens were above average on the runway in their OG seasons
  • Didn't expect the winner, but wasn't disappointed (I actually enjoyed Eureka the most)
  • Laganja M'fin Estranja and that lip sync, yes gawd *tongue pop* *annoyed Michelle Visage face*
  • Elim: I figured Silky was gonna go home early on in the episode due to the amount of screen time. She definitely came off a lot more pleasant this season and clearly was making an effort, such that I'm sad to see her go. I do hope it was enough to improve her image. Also, she didn't deserve bottom in episode 1

Pinwiz11 posted:

I thought their group did well as an ensemble, but didn't really find anyone standing out the most. So I was caught by surprise by her win. Eureka had my favorite individual performance, but once the Untucked part of the episode happened, I was so happy with the decision. Aunty TKB stole the show with her Valentina moment, the rapid fire queen one-on-ones, and her inspirational speech.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

the escape goat posted:

went to Puerto Vallarta in January when the situation in LA (where she lives) was so bad that they were RATIONING OXYGEN and so many people were dying that ambulances weren’t even able to get to a hospital without being queued up for hours. One would think that would be a good loving indication that the pandemic should be taken seriously but nope.

When called out for that, she got REAL messy, saying poo poo like “if you want an apology, buy a cameo” and “I’m not responsible for covid, it’s the president’s fault, don’t be mad at me for this”

I definitely won't excuse or forget this, but she was far from the only queen behaving badly. She just doesn't happen to have the good will of being fan fave for it to blow over. If anyone has ire over this, they better match that energy towards other irresponsible queens, or otherwise treat her with the same amount of apathy

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Silky went off on Trinity on Twitter. The first tweet has been deleted, but can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/ocfh4c/silky_and_tkb_on_twitter/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://twitter.com/silkyganache/status/1411016347325194240?s=21

https://twitter.com/silkyganache/status/1411017223456575490?s=21

https://twitter.com/trinitykbonet/status/1411019154270920704?s=21

https://twitter.com/trinitykbonet/status/1411018738426695680?s=21

In general, Trinity seems to be going through a rougher time but taking it in her stride.

https://twitter.com/trinitykbonet/status/1411110801885310980?s=21

Trinity is amazing and was the star of the last episode. Like if be annoyed too if I just won the challenge and wasn’t given kudos like the other girls who won did. She’s frank with her feelings and one of the most emotionally honest queens we’ve had in recent seasons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think she was totally in the right to be like "uhh, hello?" especially when Ginger faked everyone out to congratulate Jan on not being safe. And even if you disagree, it made for goooood TV

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Also, it’s only been 3 episodes but this is already 100x better than All Stars 5 aka Shea’s victory procession. Trinity and Ginger are great talking heads, Yara living her best life while not giving a poo poo she’s on camera and Rajah is showing the Stoke how fantastic she is. The queens in general are showing their strengths and there’s no clear front runner. I’m ready for things to go to poo poo later on but for now, I’m loving what’s being given.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

jimmydalad posted:

Trinity is amazing and was the star of the last episode. Like if be annoyed too if I just won the challenge and wasn’t given kudos like the other girls who won did. She’s frank with her feelings and one of the most emotionally honest queens we’ve had in recent seasons.

I dunno about "emotionally honest" but TKB is shady as hell lol

e: and has always been

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ra'jah's also pretty open about her feelings on social media. Sometimes she says really poignant and/or hilarious things.

https://twitter.com/RaJahOHara/status/1410980412852215812
https://twitter.com/RaJahOHara/status/1410645459308265473

I came into the season most excited about Jan, Jiggly, Scarlet, and Yara, but so far Ra'jah and TKB are quickly climbing up my fan fave list.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lol at the useless gradient username censor that doesn't actually censor the username

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Eej posted:

lol at the useless gradient username censor that doesn't actually censor the username

Stole it from reddit, just so everyone knows it wasn't me being a dumbass. They also didn't try to censor it in the reply

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Also, it’s only been 3 episodes but this is already 100x better than All Stars 5 aka Shea’s victory procession. Trinity and Ginger are great talking heads, Yara living her best life while not giving a poo poo she’s on camera and Rajah is showing the Stoke how fantastic she is. The queens in general are showing their strengths and there’s no clear front runner. I’m ready for things to go to poo poo later on but for now, I’m loving what’s being given.

One thing this season is spring me is that a well balanced cast with fewer breakouts can be more entertaining than one with a mix of duds and superstars. So far this is only behind AS2 for an all stars season for me.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

MizuZero posted:

I would not consider laganja an assassin but gently caress did she serve.

That's crazy! I did not enjoy her, even ironically, on season 6. Nearly every bit of media she's done since then, though -- yeah, she's top tier. I enjoyed watching this earlier, very touching to me how close LaGanja is to the artists she works with, and also just an impressive reminder of how much work goes into a single TV appearance (never mind x10-15 episodes per season)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxa19BVPJnk

S6, TKB was not the one I expected to enjoy but she won me over very quickly and I was so happy to see her back for AS6. She's still that girl, I just wish she could get out of her own way and play the networking game with the other queens. Her edit is toxic, I'd be pressed too. Speaking of bad edits, Jan. Hello. Hello?! If these first 3 episodes aren't just a big misdirection, how is WoW so offset from the fanbase on this queen???

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 3, 2021

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

They're already doing Jan dirty.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I definitely won't excuse or forget this, but she was far from the only queen behaving badly. She just doesn't happen to have the good will of being fan fave for it to blow over. If anyone has ire over this, they better match that energy towards other irresponsible queens, or otherwise treat her with the same amount of apathy

I'm definitely not psyched on how the other queens I've heard about handled things, but Silky's flying off the handle, being wildly unapologetic, and tripling down on being a complete rear end in a top hat really put it over the top.

Enjoying this season so much more than I'd expected, and at this point I'm almost already at the "don't wanna see any of them go home, poo poo!" phase

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

That's crazy! I did not enjoy her, even ironically, on season 6. Nearly every bit of media she's done since then, though -- yeah, she's top tier. I enjoyed watching this earlier, very touching to me how close LaGanja is to the artists she works with, and also just an impressive reminder of how much work goes into a single TV appearance (never mind x10-15 episodes per season)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxa19BVPJnk

S6, TKB was not the one I expected to enjoy but she won me over very quickly and I was so happy to see her back for AS6. She's still that girl, I just wish she could get out of her own way and play the networking game with the other queens. Her edit is toxic, I'd be pressed too. Speaking of bad edits, Jan. Hello. Hello?! If these first 3 episodes aren't just a big misdirection, how is WoW so offset from the fanbase on this queen???

my excuse is that I don’t follow very many non-local drag performers on social media, I think my IG is only Landon Cider, Yuhua Hamasaki, Saint, and Pangina Heals for queens outside of Toronto. I’m basing my assessment of Laganja off of what she showed in s6

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

the escape goat posted:

I'm definitely not psyched on how the other queens I've heard about handled things, but Silky's flying off the handle, being wildly unapologetic, and tripling down on being a complete rear end in a top hat really put it over the top.

It was for sure a bad response, but she never had a good rapport on social media in the first place in large part due to fan backlash. I can sort of understand her immediately getting highly defensive.

Basically, it's a lovely cycle of negativity going back to S11 where a queen does deserve criticism for some things, but toxic fans think that gives license to say any horrible poo poo to her face, leading to the queen not opening up to learn from it.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 3, 2021

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

subpar anachronism posted:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Silky has absolutely overcorrected from S11. She went from obnoxious camera hog screaming at everyone over minor critiques landing her in safe, to a self-pitying wallflower that got sent home for it. There's a middleground she isn't hitting that Eureka has hit. I was extremely soured on Eureka in S10, but she's really growing on me (though if i see a loaf i am going to riot)

I wasn't big on Scarlet during her season either but I am loving loving her this time. She's feeling herself, presenting her drag as well as she can, and just generally here to have a good time. Jan's getting slept on, again, and Rajah has also managed to find the middleground between the previous showing and the direction she corrected in.

Genuinely loved this challenge, also. The acting challenges do so much better when it's a prompt they write for as opposed to pure scripting.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

subpar anachronism posted:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It simply does not make sense with my french janilla jantasy

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Again asking about S12 and the SP edit.
Wasn’t there some slight anger that they edited out SP’s superfan in the makeover episode?
I can’t remember how it was when it was broadcast, but rewatching it right now on wowpresents she gets a full runway, judges’ panel talk through, and appears in the fan lip sync moment.
Edit: Janet the Planet has as much screen time in this ep as she possibly could. They must have done a re-edit if she truly was missing from the broadcast version.

czg fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 5, 2021

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't remember her being noticably edited out at broadcast.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I don't remember her being noticably edited out at broadcast.

This is also my recollection. I think she got a fair amount of screentime and I recall people commenting on how sad it was that someone as seemingly cool as JTP got stuck with SP.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah Janet the Planet definitely got plenty of screen time - I can even recall her face just from reading the name again and I do not have a good memory for this sort of thing.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I don't remember anger at JTP's edit, just a lot of people sad on her behalf that her drag mentor had likely retroactively tainted the experience along with some worry that fans would be weird about it.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I don't remember anger at JTP's edit, just a lot of people sad on her behalf that her drag mentor had likely retroactively tainted the experience along with some worry that fans would be weird about it.

Ah, yea, this is probably what I was remembering.
Welp! Guess my brain's just paranoid and looking for things to complain about now! :shobon:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, I think you're mixing the makeover episode with another incident: a designer being mad that their "Frozen" runway for Sherry was edited out. They had a minor meltdown on social media about it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Some minor "drama" between Silky and Jan. Silky stated in an interview that Jan was not singing live during the talent show; Jan has disputed this by saying that she was singing live over a backing track. I think it's just confusion/disagreement over "singing live vs singing a'capella" or something, but I figure it's worth a discussion. :P

Also, I stand by my opinion that I would have put Jiggly over Serena in the bottom. :colbert: Serena's act was at least sort of memorable/drag-y....I can't remember a single part of Jiggly's other than "she looked really pretty".

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Jiggly has a great personality, she looks fantastic, and she's funny and can act. I dunno if she hosts, but I'd absolutely go to a show hosted by her. She's got oval office just not in a direction that was gonna make her good at the drag race competition. I was sad to see her go, would have liked more time with her.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Silky really doing just a great job of shedding her reputation for drama and bullshit in these follow up interviews

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

thats two people who have refused to lip sync on Spain now. so drat lame.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

While I was disappointed at first, the fact that she stood still while the other lipsynced quickly became hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

punishedkissinger posted:

I'm not watching- is there reasoning for it? Like a beligerent I DON'T DESERVE BOTTOM 2 I RESIST YOU
or is it flaky charlie hides "idk I just didn't wanna"