Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Dis motherfucker successfully landed on the Quantum Moon only 3 and a half hours into his time with the game, due to the fact that he completely accidentally crashed onto Giant's Deep right in the middle of the giant tornado. Unbelievable.

:D

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly if you have played Outer Wilds OR know you will never play Outer Wilds I really recommend watching that stream. I wasn’t 100% on if it would be a good stream game but it was ridiculously funny and entertaining and Veeg managed to be maximum Veeg in every single situation it was so great
:love:

TheDarkFlame posted:

What the hell Video Games, you goddamn luck elemental

Honestly, I have no idea how it happened but I am glad it did :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I've been playing the other Ninja/Samurai game Nioh 2 and it is kind of addictive.

Edit: oops, thought this was the ps5 thread but it still applies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I've been playing it recently too and been enjoying it a lot more than the first one. It's definitely closer to the skill based Diablo it always wanted to be without quite being the masochists dream of the original.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m playing Evil Within 2 in first person mode, it’s really cool

uh. i keep forgetting about these. i might have to pick em up.

fakeedit: wait, are they an MS property now? :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

uh. i keep forgetting about these. i might have to pick em up.

fakeedit: wait, are they an MS property now? :negative:

Yah the dev company was bought by by Zenimax, now owned by MS

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I appreciated Gravity Rush 2 adding a first person view. It was very janky and obviously not meant to be played that way long term, but it let you experience the cities in a completely different way. I loved jumping off the tallest buildings to see what I felt like in first person. Funny how technically speaking such a small change can be transformative.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Is tomb raider: definitive edition still worth playing? It's $3 on PSN, never really been interested in the series but at that price I'm mighty tempted

Also any other particularly good deals right now? I'll probably get Bloodborne which I actually do want to play

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Paperhouse posted:

Is tomb raider: definitive edition still worth playing? It's $3 on PSN, never really been interested in the series but at that price I'm mighty tempted

Also any other particularly good deals right now? I'll probably get Bloodborne which I actually do want to play

Just get bloodborne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

the best game of the previous generation. Bloodborne is good too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paperhouse posted:

$3 is well below the threshold where if you try it out and hate it it's not a waste.

What do you think of the Uncharted games? That's basically what the Tomb Raider reboot is, except with more ability to step off the path and explore areas.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tomb Raider 2013 is real good and absolutely worth it for that price

and Bloodborne is fantastic play Bloodborne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

what the Tomb Raider reboot is, except with more ability to step off the path

Good practice for Bloodborne :magical:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fridge corn posted:

Just get bloodborne

This is always the right answer.

“But I already have Bloodborne.”

“Okay so play it again”

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

haveblue posted:

$3 is well below the threshold where if you try it out and hate it it's not a waste.

What do you think of the Uncharted games? That's basically what the Tomb Raider reboot is, except with more ability to step off the path and explore areas.

Never played an Uncharted game so idk

Obviously $3 is almost nothing, I'm just not sure if I'd even be interested at all if it wasn't so cheap. As it is though I guess I'll give it a try

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Never played an Uncharted game so idk

Obviously $3 is almost nothing, I'm just not sure if I'd even be interested at all if it wasn't so cheap. As it is though I guess I'll give it a try

3 dollars is a steal for the first tomb raider.

Do you like sneaking around and murdering the poo poo out of people like some kind of demented jungle pixie? And do you like seeing yourself die in horrible agony and great detail when it all goes wrong? Seriously I’m pretty sure enough people were freaked out by the vivid death scenes they toned them down for 2 and 3.

Have you played any 3rd person stealth/action games? You said you’ve never played uncharted, but what about Metal Gear Solid or The Last of Us?

Sammus fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 3, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I tried Bloodborne again yesterday. Definitely easier to suss after Dark Souls. Still don't like it, though.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I like Bloodborne

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sammus posted:

3 dollars is a steal for the first tomb raider.

Do you like sneaking around and murdering the poo poo out of people like some kind of demented jungle pixie?

Or bursting in the gates and very loudly murdering the poo poo out of people with a grenade launcher?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

acksplode posted:

I like Bloodborne

This is a huge drama

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Part of the issue is that the samurai were molded for a very different context than what they found themselves in when the Mongols invaded. They were local lords and administrators, and peacekeeping within their empire. Those aren't roles where you really want your underlings skilled in deception and ruthlessness, so the officially promulgated codes of conduct emphasized strict adherence to duty and hierarchy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love that the story of Ghost of Tsushima can be summarized as one determined core raider respeccing Rogue for sick backstab crits and angering his guild of noble MTs and Paladins.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paracelsus posted:

Part of the issue is that the samurai were molded for a very different context than what they found themselves in when the Mongols invaded. They were local lords and administrators, and peacekeeping within their empire. Those aren't roles where you really want your underlings skilled in deception and ruthlessness, so the officially promulgated codes of conduct emphasized strict adherence to duty and hierarchy.

I mean you don’t want them to become spies or rogues either. The mongols had an extremely robust intel system but it wasn’t made up of mongol spies but local informants and scouts

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This is a huge drama

I should've expected someone's fee fees would get hurt over an opinion :rolleyes: I know that hating on Bloodborne is this thread's pastime or whatever but I promise it doesn't affect you if I like it just fine. Everyone go ahead and dogpile me now idc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

I like Bloodborne

Forums cancer for this man!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Tomb Raider 2013 is the single game both me and my wife played start to finish, its good, i have a lot of fondness for the series though (only one ive not beaten is 4)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Tomb Raider 2013 is the single game both me and my wife played start to finish, its good, i have a lot of fondness for the series though (only one ive not beaten is 4)

I will always love that game for how it escalated the enemy reactions to you as the game went on. Fully acknowledging that towards the end of the game you have had to have killed dozens if not near a hundred of them. They understandably start treating you like the grim reaper.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I loved that game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Twibbit posted:

I will always love that game for how it escalated the enemy reactions to you as the game went on. Fully acknowledging that towards the end of the game you have had to have killed dozens if not near a hundred of them. They understandably start treating you like the grim reaper.

Lol yeah and while its a different tone to the original where you kill maybe half a dozen human enemies it worked for its time and place.

There is something brilliant about the way those 90s games played though, its a different era where they didn't hold your hand and asked you to discove more by yourself. I absolutely never want to replay them but theres always a nostalgic fondness

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

acksplode posted:

I should've expected someone's fee fees would get hurt over an opinion :rolleyes: I know that hating on Bloodborne is this thread's pastime or whatever but I promise it doesn't affect you if I like it just fine. Everyone go ahead and dogpile me now idc

Are you ok?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mattavist posted:

Are you ok?

It’s a joke

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not for me I loving hate bloodborne and I will do jujitsu anyone who likes it.

Just too much blood, squirting all over.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I know, it's enough to make a man sick

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Crud-snore-n

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

Just too much blood, squirting all over.

Speaking of which, holy poo poo I was watching Tim Rogers's 2019 video on the top 25 games of 1994 and the story he tells about (cw: bodily mutilation) his eye popping out of its socket after a car crash... if highly superior autobiographical memory means being able to recall that in detail, jeez

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
just want to report that griefing people in Heatseeker in Rocket League is just as fun as ever and they WILL still bitch about it in the chat to you the whole game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKpjfHmy9M

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 4, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Time to watch Veeg play hit video game, The Outer Wilds!…..wait……NO now I have to commit seppuku

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What version of Bloodborne has everything? I see a complete edition and a GOTY edition. Are there disc versions that are complete?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

What version of Bloodborne has everything? I see a complete edition and a GOTY edition. Are there disc versions that are complete?

There was a disk GOTY in PAL that’s region free. Complete and GOTY are the same as far as I know. There was only one DLC , the old hunters so if it has that, it’s the full thing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

The GOTY edition that’s on sale now in the UK PSN store has everything. No idea about discs, what even is a disc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Complete and GOTY both got base+dlc on digital. On blu-ray there's the GOTY edition but it only got released in europe iirc. If you want a physical release with the dlc included you can grab a PAL version and that will do the trick.