Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I’m really hoping electro traveler works in my Eula team. Fish and Beadou are nice, but the Traveler is the OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Only now just fully looked through Sayu's kit, and wow she sounds like a ton of fun. Definitely the most fun healer. Fitting her into teams will be interesting, as a more general purpose Anemo healer that isn't as disruptive as Jean. Don't get me wrong, Jean's yeeting is a great tool, but a lot of times unnecessary. Also, she can't roll up into a ball.

I think I'm more hyped for her and Electraveler than I am for the banner 5*s.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Also, she can't roll up into a ball.

It's hard to argue with a tiny ninja hopped up on Gummiberry juice doing all your healing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Besides Enviosity, are there other good Genshin video content makers out there that aren't just ill-informed clickbait? Mostly for the more mechanical stuff like how to go about building characters and making teams and stuff.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

TenTen seems good. Of what I've seen, he doesn't over or undersell things and often explains advanced mechanics well.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I’m really hoping electro traveler works in my Eula team. Fish and Beadou are nice, but the Traveler is the OG

If you're trying to take advantage of cryo resonance, Electrav Q might interfere with that, I sometimes use Razor for that reason.

But the extra DPS from the lightning might honestly make it a non-issue.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

It'd be one of those things that doesn't punish you for using shields or make shields bad, it'd just make it so they're not perfect protection from everything.

That's the way it used to be, with Geo characters generating 250% vs Geo shields just like Diona/Xinyan/Beidou generate elemental shields. It was really, really bad. I don't mind the way things work currently outside of having "if not protected by a shield" be something that comes up in enemy attacks and events. That bullshit can be buried next to slowing water.

Harrow posted:

Anemo is my favorite element but if I'm going to have a strong anemo carry

If you like the swirl/vacuum stuff then Xiao doesn't do that. His plunges will peg enemies who naturally have an element but his teams are so restrictive that you won't be swirling on your own. Even if you did, you've got no +EM to actually make swirling do damage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Besides Enviosity, are there other good Genshin video content makers out there that aren't just ill-informed clickbait? Mostly for the more mechanical stuff like how to go about building characters and making teams and stuff.

Dreamy makes quick read only vids of a character, including what's the best dps rotation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

If you like the swirl/vacuum stuff then Xiao doesn't do that. His plunges will peg enemies who naturally have an element but his teams are so restrictive that you won't be swirling on your own. Even if you did, you've got no +EM to actually make swirling do damage.

eh, most Xiao teams have at least one flex slot hanging out that you could slap in someone like Fischl, XQ, etc. it's definitely the sort of build that easily takes you fully into the rabbit hole of how finicky his team comp requirements can be, but no reason not to try.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

What makes Xiao restrictive? I'm guessing needing another Anemo for energy as well as a reliable healer?

If energy is the big issue, then, again, Electraveler could be a gamechanger for him. They'd even supply him swirl elements.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

What makes Xiao restrictive? I'm guessing needing another Anemo for energy as well as a reliable healer?

If energy is the big issue, then, again, Electraveler could be a gamechanger for him. They'd even supply him swirl elements.

yeah, energy and fragility are his issues so the first instinct team is Xiao/healer/anemo/shielder. but ofc you can combine some of those roles with characters like Jean (possibly Sayu? her energy req seems rough too) or Diona and then there's flex room. i'm also not married to the idea of using him with a shielder, which again just gives you more flex.

there's also the matter for off-field supports like XQ/Beidou/E-Traveler that you need to use specific rotations to actually get their benefit (NA-PA or CA-PA rather than plunge spam) but it feels like a minor quibble.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

gandlethorpe posted:

It's this, he's GOT to have Sucrose/Venti for energy and a good healer to offset the HP drain. I don't know if Jean can tick both of those boxes and free up the comp a bit more. A lot of comps use Benny, but I've found it's way too easy to get off the healing circle while he's in pogo stick mode, so this is the one comp I prefer Barbara in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jean has the same particle generation as Venti so yeah, she's the perfect character to pull double-duty in Xiao teams.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I like TenTen and IWinToLoseGaming, They seem consistently good.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

dogsicle posted:

Jean has the same particle generation as Venti so yeah, she's the perfect character to pull double-duty in Xiao teams.

drat, now I really want Jean :( I'm only missing her and Mona of the permanent 5*

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm a fan of tsoul22's videos, he mostly goes over new events and stuff but he'll cover new characters and do build guides and stuff. His recent video on a way to cheese the primo vishap in the event was pretty helpful.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

Keep in mind I'm talking normie Xiao here - no 5* weapon, C0. An appropriate 5* weapon is a massive change.

You need a battery/grouper, so either Sucrose or Venti. I prefer Sucrose. You need ZL, because you're going to be facediving into huge attacks from level 100 enemies and every ground hazard over and over again and you don't have the option of not doing that. You also need a healer, which ideally is Bennet. You can (and I did) run an extremely flaky double-healer comp with Bennet+Diona if you don't have ZL, but it's pretty bad even before you consider all the resets. You can also run a slower version with Xiao/ZL/Jean/flex, but I don't have Jean.

If electro traveler can sub in for Sucrose that'd be a great change. I don't think you'd get a whole lot out of swirls anyway, but big ER would allow for running ATK% sands. That's on top of the damage from electroMC's Q that you'd generate on the NA cancel every plunge.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I just use Skyward Spine on my Xiao, I don't know what you mean by energy problems :smug:

Jokes aside, what I like about Xiao is his movement feels incredible in combat, to the point that I feel weird not having his air dashes when I'm using a different carry (I also have C1 Xiao, so grain of salt); I haven't really had any issues with him being finnicky, but I kind of accidentally lucked into a great team comp w/ him, jean, zl, and xq/fischl/etc

Mix. fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 3, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mailer posted:

Yeah, I know enough about Xiao that I probably wouldn't pull for him on a rerun. He looks cool but I feel like I've read that he's a lot more finnicky to use than he seems. There are other characters I'd prioritize.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

dogsicle posted:

She's so good with him that I almost want to lose the next 50-50 to Jean again for her busted c2. hell, the c4 would only make it even better.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

KegingMains channel is quick and to the point

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I look at takagg for the bug/glitches. They also are very quick to make videos about new in-game events, web events, and legitimate third-party 50 primogem giveaway code sites.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I hate Bennett. I hate his boring kit, I hate how his ult only heals 75%. I hate his stupid goggles. I hate how his outfit looks like a rejected Final Fantasy costume. I hate his stupid loving face.

He is also in like 90% of my team compositions.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Same, except I never use him. At least for any serious content

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speedran abyss lecter with thundering fury Bennett. Gonna miss the easy wins next rotation.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
sayu's gonna be a better overworld anemo healer than jean, cuz she doesn't scare away some animals (including crystalflies), and she is a claymore, so she can mine and break geo shields

jean does chop trees better though, but unless you've got some mega weird team like childe/sucrose/fischl, that doesn't matter (oh wait, thats my team gently caress)

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Okcode is a mega-whale that mostly does meme-y stuff, but there are 4 characters that he has more experience with than almost anyone: Bennett, Diona, Lisa, and Xinyan.

Of course everyone knows how good Bennett is now, but he was one of the earliest advocates for Bennett. His Diona guide is probably the best you will find on youtube. Same with his Lisa guide. And I don't think he has a Xinyan guide out, but he's probably put more into Xinyan than 99% of the playerbase.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dear god, did he whale for Lisa? (I already know the answer)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Harrow posted:

Anemo is my favorite element but if I'm going to have a strong anemo carry I either need to go back in time and get Xiao or dump a truly, astonishingly stupid amount of money into getting C6 Kazuha, neither of which is strictly possible :v:

Really one of my main motivations to build someone other than Diluc as a strong DPS is so that I can stop lighting all the grass on fire during every open world fight. It's not a meaningful problem at all, really, it's just mildly annoying.

lol I'm in the same boat. Anemo characters seem like fun to play but I currently only have Sucrose. And Diluc has also been my main carry (since I got him instead of Klee), and is easy and reliable to play; he's just a bit boring.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Dear god, did he whale for Lisa? (I already know the answer)
He was just crazy in the first few months. He had a (level 1) C6 Diluc by week 4 or something. He's spent at least 30k, possibly closer to 50k. He had a C6 Lisa long before he ever decided to build her.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Hey there's a new web event up, and its instructions mention the Serenitea pot and the parametric transformer. One of my tasks today was to put a companion in the teapot, so maybe one of the tasks in the coming week will be to use the transformer. It might be best not to use the transformer before the web event asks you to this week

Genshin's events have slack daily requirements, so it probably won't matter, but I like to get them done as quickly as I can

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Does anyone know whether Eulas elemental burst snapshots attack buffs upon activation?
Like, there's a bunch of abilities that do snapshot with temporary attack buffs on activation, while ignoring additional changes afterwards. Fischls elemental skill, for example.
So I ended up wondering whether it would benefit from temporary short term attack buffs from, for example, her claymore, which might activate after she starts setting up her elemental burst. Or whether it would snapshot her attack buffs at the start and just add damage from collected stacks while ignoring additional attack buffs gained after the fact.
I've found it a bit difficult to test given how the ability works to begin with.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I take no pleasure in reporting that, now that I'm caught up on main story quests, Paimon has grown on me and now I officially like the stupid little gremlin, voice and all.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Zwiebel posted:

Does anyone know whether Eulas elemental burst snapshots attack buffs upon activation?
Like, there's a bunch of abilities that do snapshot with temporary attack buffs on activation, while ignoring additional changes afterwards. Fischls elemental skill, for example.
So I ended up wondering whether it would benefit from temporary short term attack buffs from, for example, her claymore, which might activate after she starts setting up her elemental burst. Or whether it would snapshot her attack buffs at the start and just add damage from collected stacks while ignoring additional attack buffs gained after the fact.
I've found it a bit difficult to test given how the ability works to begin with.

According to the cheat sheet, Eula ult does not snapshot.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Zwiebel posted:

EULA's burst does not snapshot.

https://library.keqingmains.com/evidence/characters/cryo/eula

If you're looking for tested answers to questions I find keqingmains the best resource even though their website is poorly organized.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Thanks for answering and the links, it helps a lot.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Harrow posted:

I take no pleasure in reporting that, now that I'm caught up on main story quests, Paimon has grown on me and now I officially like the stupid little gremlin, voice and all.

One of us! One of us!

Seriously, I have a very low tolerance for annoying side characters but Paimon quickly grew on me and I love her now. It helps that she has some very good player surrogate moments where she just yells at some of the characters.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did I use up all my luck in getting Kazuha in consecutive single pulls?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nice they finally stopped doing the qr thing for ps4 on the web events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Harrow posted:

Welcome to the Paimon side, friend.