Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Despite people talking about power creep dinos are still tier 2 at worst 4 years later.

Like if you want to make a run at competitive Yu gi oh on a budget dinos are the best by a mile

I mean, have you read Misc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Misc's hand effect only persists for that main phase. I have, in fact, read misc

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ungulateman posted:

Misc's hand effect only persists for that main phase. I have, in fact, read misc

Which is more than long enough to be an absolutely insane effect.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Zombie world structure + rivalry of warlords trap card is pretty busted if your opponent doesnt have any spell and trap removal.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

King of Solomon posted:

Which is more than long enough to be an absolutely insane effect.

bring back mirror force :colbert:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Dawn of Majesty features Normal Monster support, which so far consists of a Ritual/Fusion archetype and more importantly, sushi ships (suships for short).

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The discord link in the OP doesnt seem to work, can I get an updated one?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

StabMasterArson posted:

The discord link in the OP doesnt seem to work, can I get an updated one?

I've fixed it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.konami.com/yugioh/rushduel_game/

The Rush Duel Switch game has a website now.

The game is called "Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyou Battle Royale!!"

It'll be out Summer 2021 in Japan so probably Summer 2022 elsewhere or maybe Fall 2021.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's probably not getting a release outside of Japan.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Vandar posted:

It's probably not getting a release outside of Japan.

Yeah at this point I would be legitimately surprised to see anything related to either Sevens or Rush Duels ever leave Japan

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like they previously didn't want to bring Rush Duels out of Japan for fear of it competing with Speed Duels but the guy whose baby that whole project was apparently left Konami last year so with that presumably putting it dead in the water they might localise Rush Duels to replace it

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i feel like they previously didn't want to bring Rush Duels out of Japan for fear of it competing with Speed Duels but the guy whose baby that whole project was apparently left Konami last year so with that presumably putting it dead in the water they might localise Rush Duels to replace it

Yet at the same time, I feel like the pandemic ate the ideal release window for Rush Duels as a premiere format outside Japan. Previously they might've tried for releasing it worldwide just to give it maximum chance at finding an audience, but right now that sort of product release just might not be seen as very viable. In their position I'd probably just let it bake for a bit; let the game develop in Japan, see if it finds its feet in the home audience. If it does, you've got the ingredients for a strong and confident launch right as things start opening up with confidence again. If it doesn't, well, saves everyone some money.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I can't see them launching a physical card game while in-person gaming isn't a thing, and remote dueling is still messy at best. They'll either launch it after the pandemic or if they make considerable improvements to remote duels (which is a very big "if")

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Skeleton Mom posted:

I can't see them launching a physical card game while in-person gaming isn't a thing, and remote dueling is still messy at best. They'll either launch it after the pandemic or if they make considerable improvements to remote duels (which is a very big "if")
Didn't they kill the entire Discord server in under a week the first time because people came at them with a dozen different extremely basic questions that they didn't have answers to?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

"if you see a problem during one of our remote duel streams, please tell us in the chat!"

(the stream is on sub-only mode and you cannot subscribe to konami's channel)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I believe they kil e it as it wasn’t properly modded and internet people did what internet people do

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So they kill their own discord rather than hire a mod? Lol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They made the correct decision. Nothing good comes from a discord

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
By the way, if you're an even bigger nerd than just someone who gets into card games, Bandai has announced an upcoming model kit:

https://twitter.com/House_of_Champs/status/1372728550210560000

That sounds like a pretty fun thing to pair with the 2019 mega-tin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

By the way, if you're an even bigger nerd than just someone who gets into card games, Bandai has announced an upcoming model kit:

Okay, that sounds amazing and also like it's going to be horrendously overpriced for what's basically a plastic 3D puzzle.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

this is such a neat idea

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, that sounds amazing and also like it's going to be horrendously overpriced for what's basically a plastic 3D puzzle.

Someone found a price point and it's going for 3,850 yen--about $35 US. That's a pretty modest price, close to your run-of-the-mill Real Grade gunpla.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Cleretic posted:

*Ancient Egyptian spirit not included.

But in all honesty that looks sick as hell.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/yugioh_rushduel/status/1382997201769656320?s=21

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyou Battle Royale!! will launch for Switch on August 12 in Japan. First-print copies of the game will include three exclusive Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, and pre-orders will include an Amiibo card.

EDIT:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/56918/yu-gi-oh-amiibo-cards-to-be-released-in-japan-alongside-new-rush-duel-title

quote:

Additionally, Siliconera reports that the game will also see the release of various Yu-Gi-Oh! amiibo cards in Japan that are compatible with the game. Three (regular) cards will be included as a first-print bonus, and an amiibo card is offered as a pre-order bonus. Presumably these amiibo cards can be scanned using the NFC features of the Nintendo Switch to unlock additional cards and content in the game. It is unkown at this time how many Amiibo cards will be released, how these will look and how much they will cost.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
Haven't played Yugioh since Qliphorts and Nekroz, what did I miss?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Degeneracy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Verus posted:

Though specifically, after that format you had pendulums be popular for a bit, followed by a busted xyz archetype, then you had Master Rule 3 which introduced the link mechanic and link monsters, which nerfed all extra deck summoning mechanics and pendulums, and we delt with various flavors of decks from otks to ftks to unbreakable boards for the next 3 years, and then last year the rules were updated to Master Rule 4, which un-nerfed the other extra deck mechanics (but not pendulum), and the game has been various flavors of combo and stun decks the last few months.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Verus posted:

Off the top of my head?

Kozmo
PePe
Dracopals
Infernoids
Blue-Eyes
ABC
Metalfoes
Zoodiac
True Kings
Invoked
SPYRAL
Trickstars
Knightmare + Gouki Extra Link
Goddamn Sky Strikers
FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL
Yang Zing
The Rise and Fall of Burning Abyss Like A Hundred More Times Over
Pendulum Magicians
Altergeist
Orcust
GODDAMN SKY STRIKERS
Thunder Dragons
Salamangreats
Dinosaurs
Danger! + Dark Worlds
MOTHERFUCKING SKY STRIKERS PLEASE DIE NOW FOREVER
Dogmatika
Dragon Link
Subterror Control
The Return of Shaddolls
Eldlich
Adamancipator
Zoodiac pt. II: Now Featuring Tri-Brigades
Prank-Kids
Virtual World
Drytron
Bird Up!

I think that more or less sums up the meta of the past five years in roughly the right order?

Julias posted:

Though specifically, after that format you had pendulums be popular for a bit, followed by a busted xyz archetype, then you had Master Rule 3 which introduced the link mechanic and link monsters, which nerfed all extra deck summoning mechanics and pendulums, and we delt with various flavors of decks from otks to ftks to unbreakable boards for the next 3 years, and then last year the rules were updated to Master Rule 4, which un-nerfed the other extra deck mechanics (but not pendulum), and the game has been various flavors of combo and stun decks the last few months.

MR4/Shin Master Rule introduced the Link mechanic. MR4 2020 Revision is what dialed it back.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 7, 2021

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just play trash with your friends, you'll be happier.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You're all missing the most important news.

For a solid chunk of time, one of the most expensive in-print card in the game was also the most adorable in-print card in the game.

This chubby baby was going for over $100 a copy for almost a year.

Edit: Also they finally overshot and accidentally made an anime protag's ace monster so strong that they had to ban it.

Edit: 2 There's a free-to-play phone game now, Duel Links, that uses a modified format and card pool, and it's actually quite good as long as you just play casually and don't try to keep up with Konami's power creep fetish.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 7, 2021

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you venture into duel links pvp its a lot of blue eyes and harpies right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

If you venture into duel links pvp its a lot of blue eyes and harpies right now.
The Duel Links format is wild. The very constrained card pool and different mechanics (no Main Phase 2, especially) lead to things that are completely forgettable in paper YGO being staples in Duel Links. Arguably the single best generic backrow card in the game is Enemy Controller, and it's been that way since the very beginning.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ban battlin boxer veil, ban kiteroid, nerf allure of darkness, ban FA mach, nerf BE and Harpie, etc.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

kiteroid + lava golem: literally unbeatable

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

I’m thinking about participating in the big remote duel competition next week with an updated Utopia deck. Any ideas how badly and/or quickly I would lose in today’s meta? Anything particular I should watch out for?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
When's the last time you played competitively? You can get some legit help in the discord fyi.

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Charles Bukowski posted:

When's the last time you played competitively? You can get some legit help in the discord fyi.

Ahh like 2009 probably. I’ve been loosely following the new sets and playing some Duel Links here and there so I’m sort of up to speed on the new mechanics. Just not which mechanics would mean a total shutdown if I don’t respond correctly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'll admit idk much about utopia but if it doesnt have any targeting or effect protection its gonna be difficult to do...anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I could post a lot of words to say "you're hosed, try to just have fun and youtube search yugioh meta 2021" but thats really fine. Utopia just got a bunch of support in the ocg but it makes the deck still only "meh" without their recently banned broken xyz Zexal.