Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Log082 posted:

lol at 60s military intelligence

"What if those dastardly soviets walk across the artic circle???"

Admittedly the Soviets had a ton of Antarctic missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfTY7NuceQ

Also, I didn't realise how important and potentially bird-adjacent von Neumann was.

wikipedia posted:

During World War II, von Neumann worked on the Manhattan Project with theoretical physicist Edward Teller, mathematician Stanislaw Ulam and others, problem-solving key steps in the nuclear physics involved in thermonuclear reactions and the hydrogen bomb. He developed the mathematical models behind the explosive lenses used in the implosion-type nuclear weapon and coined the term "kiloton" (of TNT) as a measure of the explosive force generated.

After the war, he served on the General Advisory Committee of the United States Atomic Energy Commission, and consulted for organizations including the United States Air Force, the Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project, and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Sleekly posted:

imagine being so scared that you have to be mick west
i feel sorry for the 10 year old who wets his bed at the thought of aliens. somethings broken inside there

10 year old me was all about getting abducted and seeing the galaxy and saucers and bigfoot and poo poo. being scared to death of all that poo poo is profoundly sad

What makes you think, if you get abducted, that they'll show you anything but the inside of the probeatorium?

I mean sure, If you get one of the vomit gel and sexy cat lady abductions, great. But what if you get one of the fire in the sky, needles in the eye, covered in gross brown gel types? not so fun.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I’m really good at talking to people so I think I could easily talk myself into a grand tour. just like “wow great eye needle guys. what else you got in here” and they’ll be like “heh. I like you kid”

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoEIIH-_is

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Butternubs posted:

What makes you think, if you get abducted, that they'll show you anything but the inside of the probeatorium?

I mean sure, If you get one of the vomit gel and sexy cat lady abductions, great. But what if you get one of the fire in the sky, needles in the eye, covered in gross brown gel types? not so fun.

hell of an adventure either way

edit: plus the certain knowledge. it might make you homeless if you spout off about it too much but assuming you survive itd certainly be something to live with

Sleekly has issued a correction as of 11:33 on Jul 3, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://gruze.org/galaxymap/10pc/

zoomable map of the nearest stars (ten parsecs). stars with planets have green circles around them.

sadly Zeta Reticuli (grey homeworld) is 12 parsecs away, but it's still interesting!

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

it’s aliens. wrap it up birdailures

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

[sweaty john ballmer developer thing but i just keep chanting UAPS UAPS UAPS UAPS

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
If humans ever developed an interstellar abduction program every abductee would be given a hot slice of pizza

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

If humans ever developed an interstellar abduction program every abductee would be given a hot slice of pizza

you'd hope so; they'd deserve it after the probing

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The nordics give you Ikea meatballs. The grays just have cubes of nougat.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The nordics give you Ikea meatballs. The grays just have cubes of nougat. bowls of salt

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

everyone knows this is what greys eat + what they offer u on their orb ships

the yellow ones are the best

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

those are toy shapes for the children and cannot be eaten under space safety protocol

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

blatman posted:

everyone knows this is what greys eat + what they offer u on their orb ships

the yellow ones are the best

sg1 really does own

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOP-FQLf0Cs

D:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

but they do drink the cherry 7-UP hybrid babies are suspended in when theyre finished

maybe waste a few hours with the 1992 made for TV adaptation of budd hopkins "Intruders"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRBZqDJ40A

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Jul 3, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

the alien abductions aren't the result of a "program". it's just that most of the aliens hiding out on earth are intergalactic sex offenders

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

A MIRACLE posted:

when I was a kid I read journey to the ants by Edward o Wilson the worlds foremost myrmecologist. he went into great detail about the ur-ant which was one of our earliest discovered examples of hymenoptera. it looked like an ant basically

I wonder if this work inspired Phase IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcs3_b3VXSU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

its not a concentrated effort on the aliens part they just love kidnapping for some dumb evolutionary reason

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Humans love tranquilizing and tagging macrofauna

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

budd hopkins, one of the many cia funded abstract "artists", made his name on the UFO circuit by amateur hypnotizing and credulously believing (or you know) abductees. he interacted with hundreds of them but chose to (or you know) put several women with grotesque stories front and center allowing them to define the alien abduction narrative for more than a decade.

their stories, which included disappearing fetuses, G-Men telling stories about alien politics out of school, and abduction from the Brooklyn bride witnessed by a UN diplomat and much more (all thoroughly debunked and not just skeptically dismissed) are the exact loving schlock you might expect simple, uneducated, bored housewives (or you know) to come up with and manage to discredit the entire thing

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Jazerus posted:

president bird, our people yearn for freedom

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

scrolling through some long dead japanese ufo website's directory via the wayback machine

they also collected a few "x-files" where the witnesses describe UFOs doing zig-zags :tinfoil:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The aliens did not do 9/11 because George W. Bush did 9/11.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

to be fair the 9/11 stuff is from like a month after it happened

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Nichael posted:

The aliens did not do 9/11 because George W. Bush did 9/11.

Or, maybe George W Bush and aliens did 9/11

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Bush paid the aliens with oil rights to the vast oceans of dino juice on the planet to get them to do 9/11 and now they're increasingly flying all over trying to find the oil where's all the loving oil

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

do we know the origins of george bush

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

dubya and jeb! are first generation hybrids made from their cia boss dad which is why they came out all hosed up, the process wasn't perfected until obama

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

noted polls man Sam Wang was apparently convinced ufos need research

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/1410739166766272516

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Google Butt posted:

do we know the origins of george bush

Where's the birth certificate George?!?!

Texas = Lone STAR State

George WALKER bush.

Oil is made from dead lizards.

It's all coming together

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

most normal people don't have the mental bandwidth to pay attention to this poo poo on top of their daily lives, which is fair especially considering the history of this topic

anyone who's recently engaged with this topic and disregards it as birds and balloons however, they're either legit low intelligence or have some powerful cognitive blocks against challenging information set up in their rigid little minds

we're in a state of having extraordinary claims being made by many credible sources including official US government confirmation that the reports are both accurate and backed by good evidence, but no access to this evidence. completely ignoring the possibility of non-human technology there's still a major psyop directed internationally that is obfuscating something important, whether that be breakthrough US technology in propulsion/EW/stealth, US drones spying in other nations' sensitive airspace all over the globe, and myriad other possibilities including this all being the public facing portion of a secret surveillance cold war with China, who fuckin knows

if you ain't got time for this poo poo fair enough, but fuckin lol at the readers thinking they've got this figured out as obviously absolutely nothing because aliens are impossible to their misunderstanding of undergrad physics

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if youre a thread regular and have not seen season three of twin peaks get on it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was hoping we'd be getting a deluge of leaks/reports from other countries after the report but I guess the global powers are committed to a slow-rear end rollout

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

George fastWalker Bush

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

cw: bird on bird violence

NUFORC posted:

This happened while I was driving downt he street. I saw a bird flying along about 50 feet above the ground. It was just flying swiftly threw the wind....then BAM..it stoped dead flight......Like it hit a wall...I asure you that their was nothing in the way that could disrupt my view...and then fell and hit the road.

Whatever it hit, it was transparent. The street lights at this intersection where this occured, they have been messed up for 3 days now...

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I was hoping we'd be getting a deluge of leaks/reports from other countries after the report but I guess the global powers are committed to a slow-rear end rollout

Shows how useless govt powers are, they're just gonna continue to sit on all the info and videos for no good reason. TOP SECRET is just the paradigm, and I bet no one actually knows why they are not releasing more, other than it's just the way it's done.

The govt thinks they have the world's top scientists working on this stuff, but they dont. Releasing it can only do good imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
turns out earth is abnormal in its amount of extinction events and the aliens are flabbergasted at the amount of oil and coal but bush misunderstood it as them wanting to buy some so he preemptively did 9/11 and iraq but now theyre back and just spraying poo poo in the air to help with pollution