Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just go Burrow and get a guy you actually want
I strongly considered it but I'm going to hope he'll still be there at 2.4. I'm banking on his ADP being 19 keeping him on the board being there at 16 with Russel Wilson and Lamar still on the board. I really wanted TLaw but I was one pick too late and I like Burrow but couldnt convince myself to take him at 9, though in hindsight yeah maybe I just should have taken him.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Having gone 0rb in a dynasty start up before I don't recommend it. Some trades are paying way bigger dividends than I expected which has saved my rear end.
Yeah I dont hate having Cook but the long term part of my brain is screaming at me that Cook might be good for 3 or 4 more years while TLaw could be good for 15+.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In a Superflex, I'd be hesitant to gamble on a QB falling to me. Also, one thing I'll say in a start up is that next years first still has less value than 3rd or 4th this year. Don't be afraid to use it to trade up for picks.

Grabbing your favorite running back is fine, but make sure you get a building block at QB in the future. You wont get a good quarterback in rookie drafts unless you are picking top two and then you have to hope they'll be good.

If you can trade back for extra 4th through 6th rounders, you can build an incredible team to compete now. Don't overvalue your early picks. Guys like CEH and Aaron Jones fall to the 4th in some start ups. I'd rather have an extra second and 5th or sixth than a first.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The SF start up we just did had QBs flying off the board.

Lawrence was the last top ranked QB to go in the Degens start up and I took him and hated it. I would have preferred Burrow for sure. Never even considered an RB that early though in SF.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

dkj posted:

The SF start up we just did had QBs flying off the board.

Lawrence was the last top ranked QB to go in the Degens start up and I took him and hated it. I would have preferred Burrow for sure. Never even considered an RB that early though in SF.

I would have taken Lawrence with the next pick if you hadn't.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

In a Superflex, I'd be hesitant to gamble on a QB falling to me. Also, one thing I'll say in a start up is that next years first still has less value than 3rd or 4th this year. Don't be afraid to use it to trade up for picks.

Grabbing your favorite running back is fine, but make sure you get a building block at QB in the future. You wont get a good quarterback in rookie drafts unless you are picking top two and then you have to hope they'll be good.

If you can trade back for extra 4th through 6th rounders, you can build an incredible team to compete now. Don't overvalue your early picks. Guys like CEH and Aaron Jones fall to the 4th in some start ups. I'd rather have an extra second and 5th or sixth than a first.
Yeah I gambled and Burrow was there at 2.4. I wish I could have worked out a trade to move out of 1.9 but it was hard having never done any Dynasty trades before. Instead of asking straight up for more picks in return I should have suggested swapping more later picks. For example, the 2.5 spot was just traded for 2.8; 2.5 gained a 6th round pick while giving up his 8th round pick - both players have the same number of picks but the player giving up the higher pick gained value by moving his 8th rounder to the 6th.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I gambled and Burrow was there at 2.4. I wish I could have worked out a trade to move out of 1.9 but it was hard having never done any Dynasty trades before. Instead of asking straight up for more picks in return I should have suggested swapping more later picks. For example, the 2.5 spot was just traded for 2.8; 2.5 gained a 6th round pick while giving up his 8th round pick - both players have the same number of picks but the player giving up the higher pick gained value by moving his 8th rounder to the 6th.

Gotta ask who you grabbed? Cook?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Gotta ask who you grabbed? Cook?
Yep, I went Cook at 1.9.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

At worst if you're not feeling him he's a first and then some to a contender.

Jumping ship on my Fournette mistake turned into Justin Jefferson and this years 1.01 in my case. Be the lunatic deal maker I can't help being it works sometimes!

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 4, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

This is the exact strategy I implemented in my start up this year. With your third and fourth picks try filling up on mid rounders and sacrificing late rounders. You'll end up with a monster.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

At worst if you're not feeling him he's a first and then some to a contender.

Jumping ship on my Fournette mistake turned into Justin Jefferson and this years 1.01 in my case. Be the lunatic deal maker I can't help being it works sometimes!
Yuuuup my thoughts exactly - hope he does well this year and try to trade him next year, or even trade him mid-season at some point to a contender.

Sataere posted:

This is the exact strategy I implemented in my start up this year. With your third and fourth picks try filling up on mid rounders and sacrificing late rounders. You'll end up with a monster.
I do like the sound of that but it all depends on peoples willingness to trade. We have 24 hours per pick so I may try to swing some deals. I also have a list of players I like through all rounds of the draft so I wont be upset if I cant do anything.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 4, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This startup draft finally got to the third round. There have been three stolen homer picks right before the homer could take them already :xd:

D'Andre Swift fell to me at 3.4 and I'm pretty excited about it.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I strongly considered it but I'm going to hope he'll still be there at 2.4. I'm banking on his ADP being 19 keeping him on the board being there at 16 with Russel Wilson and Lamar still on the board. I really wanted TLaw but I was one pick too late and I like Burrow but couldnt convince myself to take him at 9, though in hindsight yeah maybe I just should have taken him.

Yeah I dont hate having Cook but the long term part of my brain is screaming at me that Cook might be good for 3 or 4 more years while TLaw could be good for 15+.

Burrows ADP is 16, but he is the 13th "highest" player off the board. If that makes sense.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

D'Andre Swift fell to me at 3.4 and I'm pretty excited about it.

:nice:

Yeah my dynasty start up draft (my first dynasty league) was a weird experience. Although I lucked out extremely hard and ended up with 1.01.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Started our slow best ball draft today with .5/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE and six picks in, Kelce was third and Mahomes was fifth. No WRs yet but I'm sure they're coming.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

You guys let me know if you get fed up with me posting questions/requests for feedback & advice. I'm the kind of person that likes getting a second opinion from experts/trusted sources - its not that I'm lost and *need* the help, I just like to see what a third-party's opinion is.

There are three picks left before my 4.9 and Lamb, Adams, McLaurin, Hopkins, and Thomas just went. Jamarr Chase is still available but after that there is a tier drop in WR. I already have Cook, Burrow, and Swift. Ekeler, Mixon, Etienne, Jacobs, Sanders, and Monty are all the next glut of "best available based on ADP". This is a 1BQ, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 Super Flex, PPR, premium TE PPR league so getting a third RB wouldnt be the worst thing (I hate not having good RB options on my team). I am assuming Chase will be gone in the next 4 picks and I am content to wait for WR (I'll probably take one from the next tier with 5.4, though I'm high on Stafford so I may swipe him there). I've also put the feelers out for trading back from 4.9. Any opinions on if a 3rd would be a terrible idea and if not, which of that bunch would be the best choice? I'm leaning Etienne or Jacobs, maybe Sanders with how well he did last year when Hurts came in, and the fact that the Eagle's OL should be significantly better this year.

MakaVillian posted:

:nice:

Yeah my dynasty start up draft (my first dynasty league) was a weird experience. Although I lucked out extremely hard and ended up with 1.01.
Yeah this is my first dynasty draft and it's been wild. We're halfway through the 4th and one guy has already done three trades - he has drafted CMC, Kelce, Waller, and Hopkins.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 5, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Where are my Scott Fish Boyz at

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Getting that draft itch real drat bad from your posts Muenster. Gimmie them updates in my veins

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Getting that draft itch real drat bad from your posts Muenster. Gimmie them updates in my veins
Hah then in that case I am happy to report that the guy I thought would take Chase at 4.6 took Keenan Allen, the next guy drafted Joe Mixon, and the person drafting before me at 4.8 is one of my best friends who I talk fantasy with all the time. I knew he liked Ja'Marr a lot and has him in other leagues but also doesnt like to have all his eggs in his basket so long story short I got Ja'Marr Chase to pair with Burrow at 4.8, then got Josh Jacobs at 5.5.

edit: I'm starting to regret not taking Stafford or Tannehill instead of Jacobs because a run on 2nd QBs is starting and both those names I just mentioned are gone. I'm hoping Zach Wilson falls to me at 6.9.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 6, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Is Fields already gone?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Is Fields already gone?
Yeah, Fields went at 4.5. The QB board thats left, in order of Sleeper's ADP for this PPR Superflex Dynasty league is:
Watson
Tua
Z Wilson
Baker
Wentz
Bwady
Ryan
Kirk
D Jones
M Jones
Darnold
Carr
Goff
Winston
Big Ben
Love
Fitzmagic

There are six picks left until I pick. Two of which are one guy that already has two QBs who also told me that he may grab a 3rd since they are going so fast and he has this extra 6th. One other guy before I pick again also already has two. Therefore I'm going to be hoping that Z Wilson falls to me. If he doesnt I'll probably take Baker. Then with my next pick I'll probably take Mac Jones if he's still there. I'll be in trouble w/r/t WRs & TEs but I'd rather than than only have 1 viable QB on the roster.

edit: Watson just went to the guy that has Kyler and Fields, sigh

edit2: Zach Wilson fell to me :woop:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 6, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wilson is a great choice there, sure he's a sheltered suburbanite extraordinaire but he's going to play and if the connection to Elijah Moore gets going early that could be explosive.

I'm personally going to take a flyer on Winston late if I can

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait are people still drafting deshaun watson? I assumed he'd likely be suspended all year, even if he settles his legal cases, which is not at all certain right now?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
He got drafted middle rounds in my bestball league. I would never risk it in redraft.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

He still goes fairly high in Superflex dynasty leagues because QB value is bonkers, but pretty much have to expect he sits on your bench all year in 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Wilson is a great choice there, sure he's a sheltered suburbanite extraordinaire but he's going to play and if the connection to Elijah Moore gets going early that could be explosive.

I'm personally going to take a flyer on Winston late if I can
I like Z Wilson (Wilzon?) because the system that the Jets imported from SF suits his talents, playstyle, and experience fairly well, and the Jets are going to have a top 10 at-worst OL. I'm hoping to draft Elijah Moore so I have two QB/WR pairings. But I also badly want Michael Carter because I saw him play live a few times and I think he'll be amazing in a nu-Shanahan offense, especially with that OL.

In other news, I just got Claypool at 7.5 so I guess I have to rename my team "Ja'Marr Chase Claypool", dont I?

Leperflesh posted:

wait are people still drafting deshaun watson? I assumed he'd likely be suspended all year, even if he settles his legal cases, which is not at all certain right now?
This is a superflex Dynasty and the guy that took him already has Kyler and Fields so I think its just a "I want him for the future because there is no doubt he plays again even if its not this year".

Quarterroys posted:

He still goes fairly high in Superflex dynasty leagues because QB value is bonkers, but pretty much have to expect he sits on your bench all year in 2021
Yeah the QB value is absurd and I am disappointed I waited a round too long to take any of the middle tier QBs I wanted (namely Tannehill and/or Stafford) but I am more than fine with Wilzon because of the pro's I mention above. Its the middle of the 7th round and we're down to Matt Ryan/Cousins/Daniel Jones/Mac Jones/Darnold/Carr/Goff tier. Like kiimo, I'mma probably take a late flyer on Winston.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like Z Wilson (Wilzon?) because the system that the Jets imported from SF suits his talents, playstyle, and experience fairly well, and the Jets are going to have a top 10 at-worst OL.

I disagree about the Jets’ line here. Top 10 is probably more like the unit’s ceiling from a pretty large range of outcomes.

Becton looked promising as a rookie but continues to have lingering questions about his health. Vera-Tucker has a good draft pedigree but zero NFL snaps. Moses is a solid player, but McGovern and Van Roten are still two JAGs that were starters last year on the Jets’ god awful line.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
When's the last time a QB/WR/RB stack of Jets was a good dynasty play?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

On a dynasty team where I already have Corey Davis/Mims, I was having trouble deciding between the two Moores until Elijah went one pick before me and made it easier.

3 Jets WRs on one team, no thank you

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I’m just not going to bet on the Jets being good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

I disagree about the Jets’ line here. Top 10 is probably more like the unit’s ceiling from a pretty large range of outcomes.

Becton looked promising as a rookie but continues to have lingering questions about his health. Vera-Tucker has a good draft pedigree but zero NFL snaps. Moses is a solid player, but McGovern and Van Roten are still two JAGs that were starters last year on the Jets’ god awful line.
Thats fair and a good callout. I think part of why I have high expectations is because I think I read that they brought in a good OL coach, and the system they are going to run is OL friendly. I guess we'll find out!

sourdough posted:

When's the last time a QB/WR/RB stack of Jets was a good dynasty play?

poo poo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Always be diversifying

now if you all will excuse me I have a Baker/Chubb/Landry stack to start every week

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Thats fair and a good callout. I think part of why I have high expectations is because I think I read that they brought in a good OL coach, and the system they are going to run is OL friendly. I guess we'll find out!

poo poo

I think this isn't a bad expectation. The Shanahan system does seem to be friendlier to offensive lineman. However, I'd be very nervous investing so much into the Jets

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Please do not go out of your way to put New York Jets players on your roster.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Please do not go out of your way to put New York Jets players on your roster.

Want them all for yourself?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A truly disgusting accusation.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Want them all for yourself?

lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm up in this superflex PPR Dynasty marathon draft, my roster is:
Burrow, Wilzon
Cook, Swift, Jacobs
Ja'Marr Chase Claypool
no TE

We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and have two flex spots in addition to the superflex spot.

Trey Sermon and Laviska Shenault are both available and I want both but obviously can only have one. I need more WRs and would love to have the homer pick; Shenault has hype but I feel like its well founded because he did fairly well last year considering the whole covid situation and the revolving door of bad QB play. However, Sermon might become the bellcow in SF. I also badly need a TE and the next best available TE is Irv Smith, who might be great this year with Rudolph gone and no clear WR3 in Minny, and the TE position is pretty thin after him.

After typing that out I am leaning Shenault, but what do people think?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm up in this superflex PPR Dynasty marathon draft, my roster is:
Burrow, Wilzon
Cook, Swift, Jacobs
Ja'Marr Chase Claypool
no TE

We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and have two flex spots in addition to the superflex spot.

Trey Sermon and Laviska Shenault are both available and I want both but obviously can only have one. I need more WRs and would love to have the homer pick; Shenault has hype but I feel like its well founded because he did fairly well last year considering the whole covid situation and the revolving door of bad QB play. However, Sermon might become the bellcow in SF. I also badly need a TE and the next best available TE is Irv Smith, who might be great this year with Rudolph gone and no clear WR3 in Minny, and the TE position is pretty thin after him.

After typing that out I am leaning Shenault, but what do people think?

I'm not a fan of Shenault because I think Etienne is going to used in a very similar fashion and their redundancy makes me nervous. I think Sermon is the guy by a mile. All things being equal, a running back who hits in a Shanahan offense is more valuable than the number three receiver on the Jags.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

What happened with that UDFA who lit up SF for a minute? I'd be more worried about Shanny falling back on big committee like he's made a habit of doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I’d go Shenault and grab an arbitrage SF RB - take a cheaper shot at that backfield in Mostert, Elijah Mitchell or Jeff Wilson.

Shenault flashed last year, is young, and is a talent over situation pick, which IMO is the way to play it in dynasty.