Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

indigi posted:

Mariana Trench?

oh poo poo do you think she'll be in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Please hire me to write my Hellraiser script where the protagonists are all members of the idle rich and it's two acts of banal human villainy followed by quick and gory deaths (Because the cenobites are the lesser evil.)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

indigi posted:

🙏

the original short story is actually poorly written and pretty boring but I like the fact that she took a giant loving swing and tore her achilles on the follow through. it’s a shame what happened to her cause of her stupidly-chosen title because we need more people trying to rip dingers in the sci fi short story format

I've heard the thought proposed that Clarkesworld might have benefitted (unintentionally) from the furor, in that it got their engagement up. There's a conversation to be had about a trend in late capitalism about larger entities(as an institution), such as Clarkes reducing what little protections they have for their clients - particiularly as tools like social media allow interface that was expensive but easier to moderate before or stirring the pot in ways that harm their clients, quite separate from the discussion of the profound culpability of the ringleaders of the harassment or the community itself.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Jul 3, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

indigi posted:

yah

it’s funny that they obviously only had Charlize and Kurt for half a day each. wonder how they’ll fit in to FF10 and how they top driving a car to low earth orbit. Mariana Trench?

Car Wars: Attack of the Carburators

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/zuza_real/status/1411319242641788930?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hbo canceled Lovecraft country.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Please hire me to write my Hellraiser script where the protagonists are all members of the idle rich and it's two acts of banal human villainy followed by quick and gory deaths (Because the cenobites are the lesser evil.)

Ah, so you want to remake the first one

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Hootington posted:

Hbo canceled Lovecraft country.

The first season covered the whole book. I felt it unraveled by the second half but it’s literally better to end now than going past the book like so many shows (13 Reasons Why, Westworld, Handmaiden’s Tale) and sucking.

DesertIslandHermit has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Jul 4, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Or never finish the first book, get cancelled andyears later picked back up with a trillion percent more succ, on HBO.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

HootTheOwl posted:

Car Wars: Attack of the Carburators
https://vimeo.com/134255679

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Holy gently caress I have tried several times over the years to find this. Thank you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is Lovecraft Country any good? I enjoyed the book and finally snagged a hbo max login from my uncle.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

no

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

RandolphCarter posted:

Is Lovecraft Country any good? I enjoyed the book and finally snagged a hbo max login from my uncle.

watch the first episode and call it a day

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

RandolphCarter posted:

First half is but the second half is a loving mess and honestly just watch the first two episodes and end it there

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
The Tomorrow War is like one of those Marvel comics that gets published with State Dept pr endorsements, except it's based around the concept of a model Amazon employee

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god i have such vague memories about this, why can't i find the wikipedia lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

First half is but the second half is a loving mess and honestly just watch the first two episodes and end it there

That's disappointing to hear. Thanks.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

i say swears online posted:

god i have such vague memories about this, why can't i find the wikipedia lol
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406336/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i remember it being widely derided at the time, but maybe that was my COPS-loving crowd i was around

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm so hyped for f10

Hobbs and shaw

The loving space scene might be my favorite individual setpiece at this point. I cannot get over it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

mastershakeman posted:

Hobbs and shaw
i assume this is your descending order take but you've got nickelback guy as your av

i disagree with your placements of 8 and hobbes+shaw but welp guess i'll move up how quickly i'll be seeing F9

H&S

e: yes, i love the tuna sandwiches

stringless has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Jul 4, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

FFT posted:

i assume this is your descending order take but you've got nickelback guy as your av

i was wondering who that was if that avatars supposed to be insulting i really dont think it compares to fedora guy with redtext saying that mastershakeman is literally always wrong

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Some Guy TT posted:

i was wondering who that was if that avatars supposed to be insulting i really dont think it compares to fedora guy with redtext saying that mastershakeman is literally always wrong

your avatar is nate silver

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

correct which gives me a sense of appreciation about the difference between good and bad redtexts

the ones before this were quite bad and not even in a funny way just embarrassingly lazy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1411011876520136706
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1411011885944684546
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1411011900897382400
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1411011916215037954

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HootTheOwl posted:

wife and I are watching the live action mulan and holy poo poo is this movie bad. Way too loving serious, and the fight scenes are just so lifeless. I usually like wire-fu rule of cool bullshit but they slow it down to like bullet time and it's 90% cgi so the eye just slides off it.

here's a good video about why it sucks compared to the cartoon by a Chinese person

https://youtu.be/ZccG-wtt5FA

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I'm so hyped for f10

Hobbs and shaw

The loving space scene might be my favorite individual setpiece at this point. I cannot get over it

yo hobbs and shaw loving owned the whole transition from it being just before dawn when they started that whole big fight scene at the end to being midday when the helecopter chase happens was so quick it was impossible not to notice it. Then the movie going from clear skies and sunny before they fell off a cliff to pouring down rain after they fell off the cliff so that they could have the climactic fight scene in the rain. I get that this poo poo is common in these types of movies and that noticing it makes me lame but they didn't even try and make the scene transitions blend together to the point that I, someone who genuinely loves braindead movies that I can just sit back and not think about, noticed them it loving owns so hard, there's probably a bunch of other stuff that I had forgotten about that made the movie even better but tbqh I don't remember what it is

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Jul 4, 2021

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

crepeface posted:

here's a good video about why it sucks compared to the cartoon by a Chinese person

https://youtu.be/ZccG-wtt5FA

this sums up everything i thought about it really well and points out some stuff i completely missed, like the whole bit with the emperor and mulans father. good poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i saw fast and furios 1 as a child should i watch the others?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Can't recommend it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
4th movie is bad. Hobbs & Shaw sucked too.

Otherwise, yes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
2 was also extremely bad, it's a movie where absolutely nothing happens

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I watched Ghostbusters: Answer The Call and it's very funny to remember that this was part of a culture war.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Jul 4, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In the before times I saw it in a movie theater and my opinion on this kind of Hollywood trash has gotten at lot angrier since.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I watched Ghostbusters: Answer The Call and it's very funny to remember that this was part of a culture war.

when did that get a tagline

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

I think with the home release.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
FF5

never saw Hobbes and Shaw and probably never will

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

indigi posted:

FF5

never saw Hobbes and Shaw and probably never will

This is also the correct rankings for the first nine Final Fantasies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

technically that was always the title to distinguish it from the original movie but nobody bothered to use it until it hit the secondary distribution platforms