Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's a glitch that's apparently been in the game for a long time and apparently if you go through with it she doesn't actually marry the brother, just the PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shear Modulus posted:

it's a glitch that's apparently been in the game for a long time and apparently if you go through with it she doesn't actually marry the brother, just the PC

She is in love with her own brother? The one from the army?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
What's the best way to find a long glaive - or another long reach swing polearm? I've been running around the Khuzait territory for countless hours trying to find one but nothing. Playing 1.6, last time I was on 1.5.6 and found one real fast, but maybe I just got lucky.

Is the merchant inventory maybe affected by clan tier? I really wanted to get one before starting to engage in a lot of combat..

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
pretty sure the aserai pole weapon shows up on vendor lists earlier, if not right at the start of a game.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I found one glaive in all of Vlandia. One! It cost 60k!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
For some reason my game isn’t updating to 1.6 even if I verify local files on Steam. Help

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Jakabite posted:

For some reason my game isn’t updating to 1.6 even if I verify local files on Steam. Help

Just to rule out the simplest potential issue, you've selected the 1.60 beta in the game properties in your Steam Library right?

Note, when you start 1.60 it will still have a splash screen about the 1.59 notes - look in the bottom left corner of the launcher for the correct version numbers (e.1.6.0.273005).

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Day 171: Finally found a proper polearm. It's a menavlion, which feels quite a bit slower than the long glaive, but it'll do.

Now I'm wondering, which plays better in 1.6? Being a vassal or creating my own kingdom?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

high-tier weapons and armor are really hard to find. they actually spawn only if they get produced by the economy model, which means the town needs a smithy, enough iron and leather and wood or whatever raw materials are used, and high prosperity, and then it's still unlikely because of how valuable high-tier equipment is. the best way to get a big choppy polearm is to grind smithing skill until you unlock the parts then craft it.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I keep making weapons in the smithing order system that meet all of the requirements, but I don't get paid because the client says they're dissatisfied. Is the system just buggy, is there some hidden element that I'm missing, or are all of these clients just Donald Trump?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Is there a point to smithing if I don't care about money? It just seems like the same bullshit that made me get bored of Skyrim and quit 1/4 of the way through.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You can make better weapons than you’ll ever find otherwise, but it’s not required to do so to have fun with the gane

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I think the smithing system is way overthought and not very compelling. There's only two reasons to smith that I can think of:

1. To create a powerful/interesting-looking custom weapon
2. To sell and earn money

So just simplify:
-Unlock all the pieces at the start
-Have only iron bars and hardwood as components.

When you choose a weapon, you select what pieces and whether it's an iron, steel or Thamaskene steel version. Higher versions take more iron bars.

The tier of components and materials you choose is compared to your skill, and you have a percentage chance to make a poor/good/fine/excellent/etc version.

Maybe not exactly this, but grinding materials AND the smithing skill AND unlocking item components is way too much and pretty unfun. Add in the crazy economics and it breaks everything.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I started a new character after taking a year off. The game seems similar although I don't have a Community Patch anymore. I assume the base game is more stable now.

I'm wrapping up the arena + looter-murder phase and am approaching the minor vassal with archers phase now that I have okay gear and skills. It does surprise me how affordable decent horses are. You'd think they would be more costly.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Just to rule out the simplest potential issue, you've selected the 1.60 beta in the game properties in your Steam Library right?

Note, when you start 1.60 it will still have a splash screen about the 1.59 notes - look in the bottom left corner of the launcher for the correct version numbers (e.1.6.0.273005).

Oh yeah it’s probably this, cheers!

The thing I dislike about smithing is having to rest. Any mechanic that makes the player sit and do absolutely nothing on a regular basis is a pile of poo poo imo

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jakabite posted:

The thing I dislike about smithing is having to rest. Any mechanic that makes the player sit and do absolutely nothing on a regular basis is a pile of poo poo imo

Agreed, which is why the only mod I'm running on my latest playthrough is one that deals with this: Smith Forever 1.0.3 works on 1.60. It reduces smithing energy costs to 0. There used to be mods that were less drastic that let you regen smithing stamina while moving, but I haven't had any luck with them on this patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/41?tab=files

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Agreed, which is why the only mod I'm running on my latest playthrough is one that deals with this: Smith Forever 1.0.3 works on 1.60. It reduces smithing energy costs to 0. There used to be mods that were less drastic that let you regen smithing stamina while moving, but I haven't had any luck with them on this patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/41?tab=files

All the misc patch mods were rolled into Kaoses Tweaks including crafting changes (disabling energy/changing regen rates)

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2911

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gyoru posted:

All the misc patch mods were rolled into Kaoses Tweaks including crafting changes (disabling energy/changing regen rates)

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2911

Nice, thanks!

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Jakabite posted:

At least it's now fixed that all other waiting counts towards building rest e.g. waiting for poachers or waiting at bandit hideout for nightfall

But i can't blame anyone for modding it out

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Speaking of mods, any recommendations?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Is there a way to marry off your sister but still keep her in the clan? I want her to have kids, but I don't want to lose her. Maybe there's a way to have her marry a companion?

If not would it be possible to marry her off, and then kill her husband after they conceive a child, and get her back that way?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Thats pretty messed up

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

wearing a lampshade posted:

Thats pretty crusader kings

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Was that the game that used to crash because all the Byzantine characters were constantly checking whether or not they could castrate each other?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Tree Bucket posted:

Was that the game that used to crash because all the Byzantine characters were constantly checking whether or not they could castrate each other?

CK2. Also usually just a slowdown.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Wafflecopper posted:

That sounds loving awful considering how much my troops love getting in the way during a melee. How does it work in practise?

Better than it sounds. Your troops won't kill each other, thankfully. It's an incentive to take a short sword or similar weapon if you're going into a crush, so it makes the game feel a little deeper choice wise.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Third World Reagan posted:

No matter what, the only option I have is for me and my brother to marry her at the same time.

If this was slightly shorter it'd make a great thread title imo

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I see that the new patch gives you equipment and elite troops when you first become a vassal. This patch, naturally, arrives right after I joined a faction. :bang: Maybe there's an autosave somewhere... patch looks good, though!

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Is the main branch on 1.5.10 now? I see a 6gb update but no patch notes on Steam.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

bltzn posted:

Is the main branch on 1.5.10 now? I see a 6gb update but no patch notes on Steam.

Yes.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/261550

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

I see that the new patch gives you equipment and elite troops when you first become a vassal. This patch, naturally, arrives right after I joined a faction. :bang: Maybe there's an autosave somewhere... patch looks good, though!

I joined Sturgia and got 6 mid tier troops and a decent 2 hand axe, but nothing special. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I joined Sturgia and got 6 mid tier troops and a decent 2 hand axe, but nothing special. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

That is good to know, thank you.

I was awarded Garontor Castle very shortly after joining Vlandia. In a perfect game it would be garrisoned to the brim, choking enemy trade from the southern desert. But I will likely just get steamrolled soon by a death blob from either the Aserai or the Western Empire. Or both.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Joined battania, got a sweet curved sword

Joined the deserk folk, got a super khalis horse or somethin.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Gee TaleWorlds! How come your mom lets you have TWO beta branches in active development?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So I haven't played this game for a year or so, and decided to reinstall. 1.6 newest beta, and the combat is buttery smooth, loading times are not long but whenever I click on something, there's a few seconds delay before, for example, opening inventory or proceed to fight with enemies. It's kinda annoying in a game since you play games by clicking on things. I don't have any mods or unofficial patches, are there any that can help?

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Would also like to know the answer to this ever since they made all menu interactions annoyingly long since a few patches ago.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Are you guys playing on SSDs? I recently switched to one and it eliminated that menu lag you're describing.

Also I finally installed that RTS camera mod and holy poo poo it's amazing. I don't use it for every fight but for those lovely hill maps in the woods it makes the experience so much more bearable.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Are you guys playing on SSDs? I recently switched to one and it eliminated that menu lag you're describing.

Yeah. Playing this game on a SSD is 100% mandatory.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I moved the game to my SSD and can confirm that it runs much better now, with only negligible delay. It shouldn't be like that tho, it's getting crowded over there :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

gently caress off Batman posted:

I moved the game to my SSD and can confirm that it runs much better now, with only negligible delay. It shouldn't be like that tho, it's getting crowded over there :(

2tb SSDs are so cheap these days that I just got three of the bastards when I built a new computer before building a new computer became impossible. 6 tb of SSD storage should be enough for a while at least.