Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hel posted:

Fair, but if you are already shaving your head, why not get rid of the beard?

Because then you'd just look like a Thumb Thumb from Spy Kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rantmo posted:

Don't sleep on this interview, it's really great and Uno seems like he's just a good dude.

I've watching him streaming a few times and he is one of these guys that look like a great dude in-ring and outside. Always in good mood, polite, good sense of humour and on top of that he can rassle drat well too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hel posted:

Fair, but if you are already shaving your head, why not get rid of the beard
Because then I would look like a thumb and I like my beard as does my partner.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I have a shaved head and beard and I look drat good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ryrynemnem/status/1411156865291984897?s=19

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm a Honkamaniac.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah you dont want a bald head and a clean face combo as a white guy it makes you look really unfortunate and like you are part of some hate group

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Thinking about it it's really weird that Shida hasn't been on TV since she lost but is still wrestling on dark. I mean, why haven't we heard from her? Does she care she lost the title? Shouldn't she be mad she carried it all the way through the pandemic and lost it the first time crowds came back?

It would be one thing if she had just completely disappeared, ready to make a shock appearance. But she's wrestling normally on dark, so I guess she's not important any more? It's kinda hosed up, and bad storytelling, and I feel sorry she's been so thoroughly relegated and forgotten.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Thinking about it it's really weird that Shida hasn't been on TV since she lost but is still wrestling on dark. I mean, why haven't we heard from her? Does she care she lost the title? Shouldn't she be mad she carried it all the way through the pandemic and lost it the first time crowds came back?

It would be one thing if she had just completely disappeared, ready to make a shock appearance. But she's wrestling normally on dark, so I guess she's not important any more? It's kinda hosed up, and bad storytelling, and I feel sorry she's been so thoroughly relegated and forgotten.

Like all champions who lose you go to the back of the line for a shot, so she's at the back of the line.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Aew has been pretty consistent with this. The only champ that continued their fued was Mox

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Aew has been pretty consistent with this. The only champ that continued their fued was Mox

Even then, it took him a few weeks to even show up again after losing the title to Kenny.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shard posted:

??? cody had a rematch with brodie

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Usually the losers also had a new feud or angle after: mox transitioning to the elite in general, cody to shaq, kenny and page breakup, darby to page and sky. really the exceptions are the women and FTR, the rest all had something to do

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

MotU posted:

Tat was darkhair Cody. Totally different guy.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I would also like to see Shida on TV more often but she's gotten very good live crowd reactions recently so I don't think she's been forgotten.

MotU posted:

Not right away - Cody was gone for a month after getting his poo poo wrecked by Brodie.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
only because he had a tv show or w/e it was at the time, and ge got a huge write off not just a drop down to dark

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think SCU had anything to do after losing the titles either.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think just a quick promo talking about her loss would have been good. She should be on TV, not even chasing the title, just doing... something

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Oh cool, Nick Gage grew his hair out

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pylons posted:

scu arent real

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

To be honest I'd rather see Riho or Deeb more than Shida on TV. That's not to say that I dislike Shida at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

SCU got CD instead of Scorpio Sky and they went on a long winning streak with the stipulation that the first loss would break SCU forever. That loss was against the Bucks that of course cheated to win and made CD quit wrassling and Frankie going full Elite Hunter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Guillermus posted:

SCU got CD instead of Scorpio Sky and they went on a long winning streak with the stipulation that the first loss would break SCU forever. That loss was against the Bucks that of course cheated to win and made CD quit wrassling and Frankie going full Elite Hunter.

That was like, more than a year later. I'm talking about when they lost the titles although thinking about it I guess they did that thing with Dark Order that led up to Brodie's debut.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

sticklefifer posted:

Because then you'd just look like a Thumb Thumb from Spy Kids.

Endless Mike posted:

Because then I would look like a thumb and I like my beard as does my partner.

Why do you people hate Christopher Daniels? He pulls off the clean look pretty well.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hel posted:

Why do you people hate Christopher Daniels? He pulls off the clean look pretty well.

Daniels has high cheekbones and a strong jaw, preventing him from getting "thumb head".

Most guys end up looking like King Kong Bundy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have I missed any spots, or was Daniels' last appearance the loss to the Bucks, and then the devastating "I don't want to go" on youtube, before he went out the door?

That one hurt and I am hoping for a good surprise Daniels moment at some point in the future, likely to help bring the Bucks down

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Have I missed any spots, or was Daniels' appearance the loss to the Bucks, and then the devastating "I don't want to go" on youtube, before he went out the door?

That one hurt and I am hoping for a good surprise Daniels moment at some point in the future, likely to help bring the Bucks down

Yeah, that's the last we've seen of Daniels.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SheronicaD/status/1411537960969850883 This is real cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poor Alan, just always drawn to people who will bully him

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like the idea of AEW adding trios belts, but maintaining lucha libre trios rules (for tags, etc), it'd add a whole different style/element to the card

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pylons posted:

Yeah, that's the last we've seen of Daniels.

He briefly and accidentally cameoed on one of the Vlogs last week, but I can't remember which one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alan_Shore posted:

Yes but this would require more than one women's segment per week

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

Yes but this would require more than one women's segment per week

I didn't want to open that can of worms! Look what you've done you fool! Worms EVERYWHERE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alan_Shore posted:

I didn't want to open that can of worms! Look what you've done you fool! Worms EVERYWHERE

:unsmigghh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its the same problem we've discussed ad nauseam. Its not that Shida should be in a title program, its just that she shouldn't have disappeared from Dynamite. But there's no room on Dynamite for a larger women's division so she's off the show. It just stands out since she went from on the show for a year to this.

It sucks but its no shock and nothing new can be said about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We've had multiple women's segments most weeks. Shida just had a long reign it's OK for her to be off TV.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I actually think it's smart to rotate people in and out as far as TV goes cause it lengthens their shelf life. Seeing the same 10 people every week gets boring.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A promo at least to address "what now" for Shida would be nice since she's wrestled a lot during her reign on Dynamite and the other shows.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

A promo at least to address "what now" for Shida would be nice since she's wrestled a lot during her reign on Dynamite and the other shows.

not enough time on the show, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

"What now" is working her way back up the rankings which doesn't really need to be explicitly stated.