Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

nice they finally stopped doing the qr thing for ps4 on the web events

Yeah and of course the PS4 web browser is completely wrecked by the event site and lags like hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

TV Zombie posted:

Did I use up all my luck in getting Kazuha in consecutive single pulls?

Doing singles vs full 10 pulls makes no difference in hitting pity.

The real luck is in getting a 5* before 75~ pulls.

All that said I'm crying in Qiqi over here.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Harrow posted:

I take no pleasure in reporting that, now that I'm caught up on main story quests, Paimon has grown on me and now I officially like the stupid little gremlin, voice and all.

I play with the JP dub so the voice didn't bother me much in the first place, but my main problem with Paimon isn't the character so much as the fact that the protagonist is mute and so it feels like Paimon is the only one participating in conversations with NPCs, while you (the MC) just stand there spacing out. I don't want to control Paimon, I want to control the MC, but it doesn't feel like MC is really doing much in the story. Since I'm using summoned characters she's not participating in combat other than magically appearing in cutscenes for story battles. Being involved in dialogue would be the one place I could actually feel like I'm playing the character, but that's being ruined by Paimon being the one doing all the talking.

tl;dr I've always hated silent protagonists and the characters that enable them in games, and Genshin Impact isn't any different.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, but if the Traveler had to talk during cutscenes, we wouldn't have gotten these

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jmc18n/so_i_get_that_the_traveler_isnt_generally/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k7hohg/i_died/

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Doing singles vs full 10 pulls makes no difference in hitting pity.

The real luck is in getting a 5* before 75~ pulls.

All that said I'm crying in Qiqi over here.

I believe by "consecutive pulls" they mean they got Kazuha on wish N, then another Kazuha on wish N+1, in which case yes that would be several years worth of luck.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I put a teleporter on the wind island way off the coast and it's been great for gathering crabs. Seems they only spawn once a day but I can vacuum up like 20 crabs real quick.

Now that I have a full team at 70+ I'm able to clear the AR45 domains, but I have so many talent/weapon domains to do that I haven't been spending resin on farming 5* artifacts yet. I don't want to advance to WL6 until I spend some time getting better stuff. I dropped down to WL4 for doing sidequests and character story missions and I'll probably stay there a while.
During the summer island 'clear the peaks' quest a cutscene started showing the precious chest opening while a shield mitachurl was charging at me. I exited the cutscene after being knocked off the cliff, falling to the bottom and dying. I had climb all the way back up.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I finally got the teapot thing of having someone shop in your teapot or vice versa by setting up the PC account and getting the teapot on that so I could shop there on my PS4 account. It was anti-climactic, but at least I cleared the teapot challenge whatever thing and now I can get the BP every week pretty easily.

Trying to get the sets for companions for the primos is a nightmare with the limitations, you basically have to clear the entire teapot of items to get the set and the characters for that set in there and after that you can't put any others in that layout, it's a whole drat thing.

E: But at least it further confirms that Hu Tao is a creep with the things she says when you place her in one of the sets.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just realized there are some furniture you have to buy from a vendor in Mondstadt and Qingce Village. I think I have all the furniture blueprints aside from the ones you get from reaching the final teapot rank.

I don't like how the more expensive battle-pass now gives you furniture. Now I can't collect them all.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I generally don't care enough about collecting furniture to be bothered by the exclusive Gnostic Chorus furniture, but I caved when they added the stove in the last BP. It wasn't actually the stove itself I wanted the most though.

There's a big shelf full of vegetables you can buy from Tubby for coins (it's not crafted), which I wanted in my kitchen. But after getting it, it turned out that the shelf could only be placed outdoors, it wasn't an indoors furniture at all. I resigned myself to my purchase being wasted, until I later acquired an indoor set plan that included the BP-exclusive stove. In that set the vegetable shelf I had bought earlier was included. So while I couldn't actually place the shelf indoors manually, I could if I placed the indoor set it was a part of. But then I would have to buy the Gnostic Chorus for the stove first...

In the end, I caved 1 day before the Battle Pass expired and shelled out the 11 bucks for the Gnostic Chorus for the stove blueprint to complete the set with the vegetable shelf. I had kind of considered it earlier since I liked the stove, but didn't want to pay money for it. At least the kitchen ended up looking really nice! Now I just need Mihoyo to increase the maximum load for rooms so I can actually put Xiangling in there too...

AG3 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 3, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

These furniture sets would be a lot better if I could just pick from the crap I have already placed....or if there was a remove all placed furniture from room button somewhere (that I'm possibly missing)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Detheros posted:

These furniture sets would be a lot better if I could just pick from the crap I have already placed....or if there was a remove all placed furniture from room button somewhere (that I'm possibly missing)

you can it's just weird, on PS4/5 you have to press the touch pad when setting stuff down, not sure on PC.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

On PC when you're in the placement menu if you click on the gear in the top left there's a 'remove all furnishings' button

e: also just noticed that you can toggle it between night and day in that menu too

Garrand fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 4, 2021

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Is there a way to get teapot companions to sit in chairs?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

King of Bleh posted:

I believe by "consecutive pulls" they mean they got Kazuha on wish N, then another Kazuha on wish N+1, in which case yes that would be several years worth of luck.

It's about 1 in 300 if they were at hard pity - I didn't get the same character twice but I just did this on the standard banner:

Best part is, it's another Mona! :smith:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Araganzar posted:

It's about 1 in 300 if they were at hard pity - I didn't get the same character twice but I just did this on the standard banner:

Best part is, it's another Mona! :smith:

Mona is good, yo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

N and N+1.His animation is slowing down my phone a bit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mona is good, yo

She's good but I've played the crap out of her with her best buddies Klee and Ganyu on my PS5 account:

What I'm trying to do now is build a 2nd abyss team and I could use some help with that. This is my mobile account and I'm trying to try out and play characters like Eula and Childe without having to burn resources and :10bux::10bux::10bux:.

My first team is GilClaymore Girls, Xinyan/Eula/Beidou/Noelle. That's not the fastest in abyss but it's been working great so far.

I got mega-lucky on Childe and I've liked playing him. Right now I'm using Venti+Childe+Rosari+Bennet and it's okay but I've played the crap out of both Bennet and Venti.

Here is my squad - I added constellations and I X'd out the characters I've played a ton already:

not pictured: Amber (missed picture day), Klee (grounded)

My main issue is since I don't play any of these characters I don't know much about them. Also, outside of BP drops my weapons are a crap pile:

I wouldn't mind leveling up Fischl because she's supposed to be great with both Eula and Childe. XQ, and XL are also great with Childe but I'm probably already rolling Venti and ZL into my teams situationally so I'd like to avoid retreads

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Araganzar posted:

She's good but I've played the crap out of her with her best buddies Klee and Ganyu on my PS5 account:

What I'm trying to do now is build a 2nd abyss team and I could use some help with that. This is my mobile account and I'm trying to try out and play characters like Eula and Childe without having to burn resources and :10bux::10bux::10bux:.

My first team is GilClaymore Girls, Xinyan/Eula/Beidou/Noelle. That's not the fastest in abyss but it's been working great so far.

I got mega-lucky on Childe and I've liked playing him. Right now I'm using Venti+Childe+Rosari+Bennet and it's okay but I've played the crap out of both Bennet and Venti.

Here is my squad - I added constellations and I X'd out the characters I've played a ton already:

not pictured: Amber (missed picture day), Klee (grounded)

My main issue is since I don't play any of these characters I don't know much about them. Also, outside of BP drops my weapons are a crap pile:

I wouldn't mind leveling up Fischl because she's supposed to be great with both Eula and Childe. XQ, and XL are also great with Childe but I'm probably already rolling Venti and ZL into my teams situationally so I'd like to avoid retreads

Childe/Beidou/Fischl is supposed to be a good combo. Fischle isn't bad as a sub DPS to deal with Childe's downtimes, either, and she feeds Beidou the energy she needs. Normally I'd compliment that with a healer, but you seem to have the usual suspects Xed out. Rosaria might be nice, since childe's attacks don't break freeze so he can cream them with with melee stance and the aoe effects will help keep them frozen. Keep in mind that Water+Electro will be kind of muted since Childe's EM will probably be low, and the timers for the reapplication of hydro can be hard to work with. It is doable to make sure that Fischl is the trigger, though I haven't make any of those builds, myself.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It doesn't come up often in actual combat but the full animation of Kazuha's elemental burst is insanely awesome. The way he spins his sword and makes it vanish exactly in time with the second swirl is just perfect

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

While I'm still bitter at missing Kazuha (even though I absolutely foresaw it happening), I'm appreciating the Qiqi I got instead at least. I'm still working on artifact but I slapped on some partially leveled Millileth stuff on her along with a Sacrificial Sword and... yeah that's a ton of healing everywhere just for her existing. 4pc Millileth means she's giving out an ATK boost too, so she's at least got a bit of extra utility. I still need to properly level her artifacts and get more mats so I can ascend her to 70 for her last passive but I'm appreciating this little healer girl already.

Still a little mad at her though.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
After all this time I went back to the abyss and still can't beat floor 7. The enemies regenerate health faster than I can deal damage. I'm 10 levels above them.

Kazuha's burst seems to use clientside hit detection. Like I can have a bad enough lag spike after popping Kazuha's burst that it will deal no damage whatsoever to the enemies being hit by it. If it was serverside everything that happened after the cast is used would be unaffected by latency. Instead it behaves similar to when you lag too much and half your hits don't register because the netcode is throwing expired packets out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Levels don't really matter in this game outside of getting your 2nd passive and specific Ameno lifting math.

Your artifacts and weapons are a billion times more important.

Also level your skills.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Levels don't really matter in this game outside of getting your 2nd passive and specific Ameno lifting math.

Your artifacts and weapons are a billion times more important.

Also level your skills.

The last one, especially. Bring them up to at least 6

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 4, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
It's easy to miss how huge levelling your talents actually is, given that the percentages frequently just look super small at a glance. But having something in your attack string go from 30% to 33% is still a 10% increase in damage over what it was previously and it stacks up pretty fast in how much it increases your total damage.
I just wish the Mondstadt talent book domain wasn't the worst domain in the game.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 4, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a super basic example, skill level 6 is the highest you can raise when you get your second passive immediately.

Klee's basic 1st attack goes from 72.16% to 101.02% damage. That's a relatively small investment for a massive DPS improvement.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Zwiebel posted:

It's easy to miss how huge levelling your talents actually is, given that the percentages frequently just look super small at a glance. But having something in your attack string go from 30% to 33% is still a 10% increase in damage over what it was previously and it stacks up pretty fast in how much it increases your total damage.
I just wish the Mondstadt talent book domain wasn't the worst domain in the game.

Presumably your wish will be granted when the inazuma talent domain comes out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

geo archon anecdotes: complete!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zwiebel posted:

Which part do you hate?

The icicles that stun lock? The fact that everything has shields? That they don't just throw everything at you at once and make you go through waves? with each wave getting new shields? Or is it the constant stamina drain when characters like Yanfei, Klee, and Hu Tao rely on stamina to do their most potent attacks? I can't image anyone might hate this... delightful... domain.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Klee/Ning have served me very well in that domain, neither needing stamina for charged attacks if you're doing it right. It's pure suffering with Yanfei and non-C1 Hu Tao though.
Overall, I'm okay with various parts of the game hard-countering some characters as long as it doesn't effectively lock you into needing a single specific character.

Slowing water is 9001% pure cancer though, gently caress whoever came up with it and whoever greenlit it and whoever hasn't pulled it from the game yet.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Can we get an over/under on Fontaine being full of slowing water bullshit?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

I take no pleasure in reporting that, now that I'm caught up on main story quests, Paimon has grown on me and now I officially like the stupid little gremlin, voice and all.

Paimons pretty hilarious to me past the early game for all the bizarre reactions to stuff and how much she just kind of gets dunked on. It was still weird to see the MC actually get a line in the end of the Geo Archon quest because the general rule is if there's any dialogue Paimon just pops out and starts yapping at the person in an almost broken telephone style of dialogue

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Paimon tends to overexplain things to the player (the big reveal in the Dainsleif quest, in particular), but when she's just making snide comments she's more endearing.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I will never get tired of Emergency Food

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I will never get tired of Emergency Food

Same, it's an amazing running joke

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ignoring Paimon when she's right next to you and calling her a pet and emergency food is one of my favorite parts of this game.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Paimon's got some good lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxeEZlB994

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Fischl chat: Is it better to go Pale Flame or Thundering Fury artifact set for her? I've been using pure ATK physchl and the +100% physical damage bonus from Pale Flame sounds great assuming the bonus applies every time oz hits. Thundering Fury's reduction in elemental skill CD would be great too, but if pale flame really works with every oz hit then double damage just sounds way better.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Sanctum posted:

Fischl chat: Is it better to go Pale Flame or Thundering Fury artifact set for her? I've been using pure ATK physchl and the +100% physical damage bonus from Pale Flame sounds great assuming the bonus applies every time oz hits. Thundering Fury's reduction in elemental skill CD would be great too, but if pale flame really works with every oz hit then double damage just sounds way better.

Pale Flame if you're using her as an on-field DPS, 2 Thundering/2 Gladiator if you're just summoning Oz and putting her back in the box.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sacrificial Bow works on every Oz hit so I assume Pale Flame should as well. The nice part is 4Millelith is really nice for her support build so you can farm that while you're at it (you're trading 15% dmg on Fischl for 20% atk on your other three party members which seems like a good deal).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

Ignoring Paimon when she's right next to you and calling her a pet and emergency food is one of my favorite parts of this game

:same: